User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 4 Jan 2003, 14:46   #1
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts
Gta 3

Could someone tell me how to open Staunton island on GTA 3? There are roadblocks there so I got past them with a fire engine but the bridge had fallen in so i fell down.

Once i get anywhere with the missions, the data gets corrupted on my memory card.
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 14:58   #2
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
do all the missions again
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 15:33   #3
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Three_Eyes_Open
Get a new mem card by the sounds of it.

To leave the first island you have to complete the bomb the base (i think) mission for the mafia.
The one after the that, which turns out to be a trap and you are saved by the lesbian bondage woman.

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 16:49   #4
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
either do the chittychittybb cheat dunno what u press for the ps2 version

or get the pc version then get the editor and then build a road linking all the island
Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 16:52   #5
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
To me, it seems that your memory card is a tad odd. I would get a new one. Then, complete all the missions for the mob, and voila, the island is opened.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 16:54   #6
Deathjam
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
To me, it seems that your memory card is a tad odd. I would get a new one. Then, complete all the missions for the mob, and voila, the island is opened.
my plan is better though
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 18:46   #7
Spüg

Quote:
Originally posted by Intervention
The one after the that, which turns out to be a trap and you are saved by the lesbian bondage woman.
They're all 'tied up'.
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 18:47   #8
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Deathjam
my plan is better though

As always, i bow down to a bigger bitch.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 18:49   #9
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Is it just me or is the dodo utter s***e?

I can't get it to stay in the air for any longer than it takes to fly over the airport fence.

It seems the only way to get it to the portland docks is to drive it there

--------------
My Artwork
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 19:01   #10
Snurx
Dirte

I never managed to fly it there. I just drove it there. But, once, i managed to get it up and soar for a while. It was awesome.
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 19:06   #11
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Quote:
You lack the skill.

I will admit it has the aerodynamics of a brick though.

It's harder to fly than a real light aircraft.

--------------
My Artwork
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 19:38   #12
Spüg

Quote:
Originally posted by Intervention
Is it just me or is the dodo utter s***e?

I can't get it to stay in the air for any longer than it takes to fly over the airport fence.

Ye of little skill, I can fly until I get bored (which is longer then a minute btw), but it does get boring really fast...
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 19:52   #13
Spüg

Yea, but for VC - Trails off!
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 21:46   #14
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
The Dodo is a mother****er of a git to fly

i flew it to portland one time, the real problem is turning the thing.

And yes, it is harder to fly than a real light aircraft

it harder to land without killing yourself in a light aircraft tho
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 22:31   #15
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
it harder to land without killing yourself in a light aircraft tho

I never got to that stage. That was in an upcoming session.

--------------
My Artwork
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 22:48   #16
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
I just flew the dodo off the shorter runway. It perked up once then just sunk inexplicably as i was passing the corner of the second island.
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 22:53   #17
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
Vice City 0wns, especially wen u 0wn many companies, but neway, seems like ur memory card is f****d. Tho GTA3 i can never get the feckin plane more than 20m off the ground b4 i nose dive into the sea :/
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:29   #18
Deathjam
Banned

the real trick when flying the dodo is to try and find the area on the map where the scene from the intro took place
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 00:39   #19
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Colt
Vice City 0wns, especially wen u 0wn many companies, but neway, seems like ur memory card is f****d. Tho GTA3 i can never get the feckin plane more than 20m off the ground b4 i nose dive into the sea :/
Accelerate forwards, tapping nose down 'frequently' to keep the wheels on the tarmac as long as possible, then start tapping nose down less frequently and watch as you gently rise, eventually being able to land gracefully in the baseball stadium, fall through the floor of it and be entirely stuck inside.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 19:04   #20
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point
I find it easy to fly with the Dodo, although if you turn suddenly then you lose control and it dives, and more often than not it hits the ground nose-on or slides and crashes into a wall, which sets it on fire. Then you have to wait for it to completely stop before you can get out.
I like flying around, going straight through the big planes that are taking off.
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 21:06   #21
Lord Zor
Super Trooper

Lord Zor is an unknown quantity at this point
why not use the train?
am I jump all nimbly bimly from tree to tree?am I drinking milk from a saucer?
Do you see me eating mice?
Lord Zor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 21:08   #22
David91

Because the train can only move along the tracks, doesn't fly, and only goes in one direction (until it reaches the end of the line).
Unread 6 Jan 2003, 00:22   #23
Lord Zor
Super Trooper

Quote:
Originally posted by David91
Because the train can only move along the tracks, doesn't fly, and only goes in one direction (until it reaches the end of the line).
um. there are two trains in GTA3
one goes around portland. and the other goes around all the islands and have stops on each island
Unread 6 Jan 2003, 00:24   #24
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Zor
um. there are two trains in GTA3
one goes around portland. and the other goes around all the islands and have stops on each island
Subways that 'lead' to other islands are inaccessible until you unlock those islands. Which is what the thread is about, innit.
Unread 6 Jan 2003, 00:53   #25
Lord Zor
Super Trooper

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
Subways that 'lead' to other islands are inaccessible until you unlock those islands. Which is what the thread is about, innit.
I thought the thread about, how he can go island to island but it stoped loading over the bridge and wanted to know another way
Unread 6 Jan 2003, 01:19   #26
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Re: Gta 3

Quote:
Originally posted by Superpig #1
Could someone tell me how to open Staunton island on GTA 3?
Unread 6 Jan 2003, 03:31   #27
Spüg

Complete "Bomb the Base" given to you by the S guy (forget his name). However you have to complete all of his missions through once, then the S disappears, then you beat like two more missions for Tony and then the S will reappear and you can do the mission..or something, haven't played GTA3 for a while.
Unread 6 Jan 2003, 09:05   #28
Eskimo
Foolish newbie

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point
agree.
C. Shouldn't have sat next to you on the bus in the first place.
Eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2003, 15:43   #29
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
So do you get the Dodo from Shoreside Vale or what?

(I'm halfway through all the missions in Staunton Island)
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2003, 16:03   #30
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
yes, It is in the airport.
Ace.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 22:43   #31
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

i just put in the cheat for the dodo car and went to the bridge with the roadblocks (south east portland island) and tried to fly it over the gap, which i did first time!

then i had staunton island open so i made my way to the hideout but that took me a while because i read the map wrong.

then i found out that i had acsess to both the hidden islands. the road goes underground and is quite long.

it took me ages to find the hideout in shoreside vale because there is only one road that leads to it. but when i got there i was dissapointed. it had very little garage parking space.

and that was my sig.
Unread 25 Jan 2003, 11:32   #32
David91

It's quite funny if you park a long vehicle like an ambulance in a garage, because the back end sticks out, even when the doors close.
In GTA3 the car will blow up no matter what, if it is on fire. In Vice City you can park a burning car in a garage, and as long as you get out, the car will be fixed.
Unread 25 Jan 2003, 12:28   #33
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

heh
ive started doing the missions now

and that was my sig.