User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 14 Mar 2016, 07:34   #1
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
My Stat Set

OK so I'm going to be making a set for approval which will be created in my personal image of how I would like stats to be.

My starting proposals are:

- Multi Targeting (MT)

- Each race will need a minimum of 4 ships to target all classes.

- Each race will have 2 starting roiding classes.

- The two races with stealing ships (Zik and ETD) will have a powerful 3rd class that will need stolen astropods to use.

- In view of changes to structure killers (SKs) each race will have 2 SKs, and both will be on class with their roiding fleets. I hope this will promote the 'war' status in-game and allow for more combat to take place with greater risk and reward.

- Alliance defence will be preferable to galaxy defence, buy galaxy defence will be useful as the round progresses.

I will work on and upload first draft of my set over the weekend of the 19-20th March and the community can have their say on them.

Feel free in the mean time to discuss my proposals but don't expect to change my core goals, I'm open to small changes though.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2016, 08:34   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: My Stat Set

Sounds reasonable, with the following 2 qualifications:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
- The two races with stealing ships (Zik and ETD) will have a powerful 3rd class that will need stolen astropods to use.
This is questionable, because it gives farmers a significant edge.

Quote:
- Alliance defence will be preferable to galaxy defence, buy galaxy defence will be useful as the round progresses.
Galaxy def is always preferable to ally def because of lower travel time. The stats can make this more pronounced, by having high ETA ships beating low ETA ships, but cannot make it less so. Attempts to make low ETA ships better than high ETA ones will cause heavy favouring of Fi/Co fleets.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2016, 08:40   #3
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Sounds reasonable, with the following 2 qualifications:

This is questionable, because it gives farmers a significant edge.
Powerful is meant in terms offence, they won't be up to much defensively. I want to promote smart attacking and create areas where pure attack players can have fun in a MT environment with a little effort initially. Sorry I should have clarified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mz
Galaxy def is always preferable to ally def because of lower travel time. The stats can make this more pronounced, by having high ETA ships beating low ETA ships, but cannot make it less so. Attempts to make low ETA ships better than high ETA ones will cause heavy favouring of Fi/Co fleets.
Again maybe my description lacked. Less ships that work better at non alliance ETA. Meaning that although fort play is doable it isn't done at the expense of alliance ETA ships.

The one I want most feedback on is the SK proposal and whether people think it would invite higher usage of them
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2016, 09:18   #4
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck kaiba ... I expect the stats to be fun, don't disappoint.
Unread 14 Mar 2016, 11:59   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Again maybe my description lacked. Less ships that work better at non alliance ETA. Meaning that although fort play is doable it isn't done at the expense of alliance ETA ships.
Your description was fine, I just disagree with your aims. Weak gal-eta defense ships will benefit low ETA attack fleets over high ones, on top of all of the other benefits Fi/Co already receives. I don't think you can stop forting, and I'm not sure if you should. And in this specific case, the cons outweigh the pros, in my opinion. Which doesn't mean you shouldn't do it, but *shrug*.

Quote:
The one I want most feedback on is the SK proposal and whether people think it would invite higher usage of them
Honestly, I think this change is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. I expect to see a historic low in SK use and build rates for r66, and if the war-only change is kept, for r67 onwards. And even if it's reverted, you can always just move SKs out of roiding fleets again, without any side-effects. So go nuts.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2016, 13:45   #6
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Imo the cause of forting is not related to stats but to the way alliances with a good defense culture play when expecting to be most of the round in wars.

I don't think one should improve ally eta def, nor avoid good ships outside the roiding classes. Imo what can be done is to avoid the most OP kind of forts where FR and DE attacking fleets can cover alone 4 to 5 classes.