User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Apr 2003, 14:04   #1
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Attention all Nvidia owners

New Detonator Drivers released

Get them
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 14:43   #2
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

BetrayerOfHope is an unknown quantity at this point
poor people

any of u want to mess with my quite radeon 9700 pro ?

[23:11] <Zhil|FT> OMG BOH IS THE NEW KILLMARK
BetrayerOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 14:49   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I downloaded that this morning to try and get CM4 working, it still isnt . CM4 is the most ****ing bugged piece of **** in the history of the universe .

How the **** do you go from a series of 6 or more Champ Mans that all work great to one that is more bugged then PA?!
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 15:02   #4
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about
dont diss CM4 man its great apart from minor bugs

heh

tho i really love it. been playing it for 3 or 4 hrs today
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 15:32   #5
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I will keep dissing it until it stops crashing on me everytime i touch a button. I have most of the other CMs and love them, and i'm sure CM4 is great once you get past the bugs, it just astounds me as to how anyone could release a game with so many known bugs in it.

The new drivers dont seem to be anything special btw, i havent noticed a difference yet.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 15:46   #6
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
been up till 5am the past 3 nights playing CM4
got no revision for exams done at all tho i got a few weeks left

anyway, onto the important part

5 points clear at the top of the prem after 25 games with spurs
and keane's hitting them in for fun

oh and the best bit, arse are like 12th or somat

JC, what probs exactly are you having?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 16:04   #7
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

God, I hate football.

Anyways, the reviewers reckon it lacks that addictive feel.
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 16:10   #8
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
did you guys install teh enhancement pack ?

their forums at community.sigames.com are pretty good

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 16:11   #9
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak

JC, what probs exactly are you having?
Everytime i load up a game and press 'continue' it crashes out to windows with an error. I've used the patch, run a scan disk and upgraded all my drivers as told to on the official CM4 forums but it makes no difference. My PC is easily fast enough to run the game, i dont know whats wrong.

I am waiting for my forum account to be activated so that i can post my problems and PC spec etc to see if they can help me but i doubt they can seeing as other people there have the same prob as me and nobody has a good answer for them.

I'm hoping a 2nd patch comes out soon and solves my problem because this is really irritating me now .
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 16:59   #10
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
Everytime i load up a game and press 'continue' it crashes out to windows with an error. I've used the patch, run a scan disk and upgraded all my drivers as told to on the official CM4 forums but it makes no difference. My PC is easily fast enough to run the game, i dont know whats wrong.

I am waiting for my forum account to be activated so that i can post my problems and PC spec etc to see if they can help me but i doubt they can seeing as other people there have the same prob as me and nobody has a good answer for them.

I'm hoping a 2nd patch comes out soon and solves my problem because this is really irritating me now .
weird. its never crashed for me.

does it do it with all the skins ?

does turning sound and sound cache off help ?

does the database size matter ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 17:05   #11
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by JC

you read the FAQ in the support forums there? (can't remember, do u need an account to view posts?)
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 17:07   #12
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Angry aw ffs

they're 9mb

I'll download them later

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 17:17   #13
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: aw ffs

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
they're 9mb

I'll download them later
better than the 24+ mb they used to be..
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 17:31   #14
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: aw ffs

Quote:
Originally posted by NEWSBOT3
better than the 24+ mb they used to be..
The multilingual version is 22mb
However i only want the english one. Thank god...

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 18:05   #15
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
New Linux Drivers as well \o/

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 18:30   #16
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Re: Re: Re: aw ffs

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
The multilingual version is 22mb
However i only want the english one. Thank god...
yes
as far as im aware there wasnt just an english release prior to this , so the download was always huge

now its not so bad though
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 19:44   #17
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
So tell me - have they fixed the total ****up they made with macrovision in the last ones (41.something)?
Cos whenever I tried to play a DVD in PowerDVD with them installed, it nicely informed me that since my TV-out was enabled and connected to a recording device, I couldn't play the movie. This might have been more relevant if I had anything attached to the TV out, or even had EVER attached anything to the TV out (which I havn't since I last scratched the system and started again).
The last ones which will work are the last WHQL certified ones - co-incidence? I think not. Methinks nVidia are in bed with the MPAA and are trying to tighten up security, making a fkup of it in the process.

Oh well.

When I get a DX9 card it will be a 9700Pro because there is NO WAY I'm having that stupid cooler on the FX making 35db at me or whatever the hell the insane level is when a 9700 can be run with 100% passive (ie. noiseless) cooling.

Unread 1 Apr 2003, 19:48   #18
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
FX making 35db at me or whatever the hell the insane level is when a 9700 can be run with 100% passive (ie. noiseless) cooling.

But FX has "silent running" feature

In windows = no noise

In loud exploding game = fan noise barely audible above gam noise
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 20:24   #19
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
nVidia's idea of silent running is 25db.
Nothing in my case makes more than 22db. Some of us like to get to sleep you know.

Unread 1 Apr 2003, 21:33   #20
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by JC

I personally thought it was the most stable. There was certainly an awful lot less fixes in the patch than on all the releases since cm3. It also actually works fine on my laptop which struggled with a problem like your experiancing now on cm 01/02
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 21:42   #21
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Quote:
Originally posted by BetrayerOfHope
poor people

any of u want to mess with my quite radeon 9700 pro ?
Certainly not.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 15:47   #22
Beëlzebooze

Beëlzebooze is an unknown quantity at this point
running the risk of being branded a complete tool, wtf is CM4?
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 15:50   #23
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Championship Manager 4 - a football managment 'sim'.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 17:13   #24
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyr0 MK III
In loud exploding game = fan noise barely audible above gam noise
70dB of sound by a video card is not 'barely audible'.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 17:49   #25
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
I downloaded that this morning to try and get CM4 working, it still isnt . CM4 is the most ****ing bugged piece of **** in the history of the universe .

How the **** do you go from a series of 6 or more Champ Mans that all work great to one that is more bugged then PA?!
So let me get this straight.

You paid good money, hard earned bucks for something you knew before you bought it, that it was defective?

Then you are quite prepared to download, a bucket load of patches, fixes, and a 9Mb Text files spend probably a day or so trying desperately to get the stupid thing to work?

Are you out of your tiny little mind? Take the pile of crap back, insert it into the store manager of the store where you bought the product, and if he doesnt give you a refund, kill his mother, sister, brother, dad........etc.

If more people just threw back in the face of the retailers defective games, instead of spending hours trying to "fix" it so it works, the games companies would make damn sure they released working software, instead of what is obviously a Beta.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 18:18   #26
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

That's not nearly as bad as what Konami have done with the PC release of MGS2: Substance. It will not work AT ALL with Radeon cards - only with GeForces (it may work with some of the less 'known' makes, I dunno). They're apparently working with ATI to get a patch out for it.

Is it just me who thinks that's ludicrous? They released a game which will fail to function in any way on about 50% of computers, and think it's somehow OK because they're trying to patch it?
Soon we'll be getting blank CDs in the boxes and a bit of paper that says "please go to our website for a functionality patch".

It's a bit of a joke really.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 18:24   #27
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
That's not nearly as bad as what Konami have done with the PC release of MGS2: Substance. It will not work AT ALL with Radeon cards - only with GeForces (it may work with some of the less 'known' makes, I dunno). They're apparently working with ATI to get a patch out for it.

Is it just me who thinks that's ludicrous? They released a game which will fail to function in any way on about 50% of computers, and think it's somehow OK because they're trying to patch it?
Soon we'll be getting blank CDs in the boxes and a bit of paper that says "please go to our website for a functionality patch".

to be fair its the publishers fault, not the developers. Publishers push for a game release to make money with, which means the testing/bugfixing at the end of the dev cycle gets either done very quickly or not at all.

Its been an increasing trend during the last few years, as publishers struggle to make profits since its getting more costly to make games.

:/
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 18:27   #28
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
Apparently that wasn't the only other thing they ballsed-up. They didn't take into account how PC joypads would work with the game, and ported just about everything related to controls via joypads from the PS2 version. So using a joypad on the PC version is hellish. Apparently.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 18:59   #29
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by NEWSBOT3
to be fair its the publishers fault, not the developers. Publishers push for a game release to make money with, which means the testing/bugfixing at the end of the dev cycle gets either done very quickly or not at all.

Its been an increasing trend during the last few years, as publishers struggle to make profits since its getting more costly to make games.

:/
Its also the PC industries fault. Producing any peice of software for a PC is a minefield due to to their basically being no-one with the same combination of hardware and software. Even if you test your software and find no problems on your test machines its not till a wide release that most of the bugs will actually show their face. My laptop alone proves this point. On the laptop I havent experianced any of the problems being talked about here or on the SI forums, but if I tru and run it on here it buggers up quite alot. This cant really be due to the code because its working fine on the laptop so has to be a conflict somewhere between the game and my hardware/software config and theres no way that SI could have known this without using my machine as a test unit
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 19:00   #30
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Really? Just as well I tend to use the keyboard (I'm in the WSAD school of control preference).
I'm still going to get the game at some point cos I like that sort of thing (and I finished Splinter Cell, the nearest current equivilant game) and I have a GeForce card so it will run at least.

It just gets to me all the blatently unfinished games and applications that get put out and I guess NB3 is right about the publishers. I mean look what a mess AOL caused forcing Nullsoft to shove out WinAmp3 before it was even out of beta...
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 19:17   #31
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
Its also the PC industries fault. Producing any peice of software for a PC is a minefield due to to their basically being no-one with the same combination of hardware and software. Even if you test your software and find no problems on your test machines its not till a wide release that most of the bugs will actually show their face. My laptop alone proves this point. On the laptop I havent experianced any of the problems being talked about here or on the SI forums, but if I tru and run it on here it buggers up quite alot. This cant really be due to the code because its working fine on the laptop so has to be a conflict somewhere between the game and my hardware/software config and theres no way that SI could have known this without using my machine as a test unit
im not sure you can be quite so non-specific in the blame. 'the pc industry' isnt something you can point at and say 'this is your fault, for doing this'

if anything, i'd say its the fault of the consumers. The demand for cheaper components results in varying makes, and ways of doing things, which has lead to the twenty different makes of the same bit of kit scenario that pc's are in.

And because everyone does it differently, things dont work the same on their stuff, and crash etc.

To an extent, things like DirectX have helped to nullify this, as IN THEORY if its directx compatible, it should behave, but as clearly can be seen, this isnt always the case.

Still, it means bugfixing/testing periods need to be of decent length, and most publishers arent prepared to allow another months delay of their profits, for what they see as a very low priority part of the process.

Anyway, england game ahoy, bbl
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 19:20   #32
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
That depends on how loud you have your speakers turned up
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 19:22   #33
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
I thought the sound issues were only with the test boards sent to the reviewers ?

i've recently purchased a Radeon 9700 Pro.....its pretty ****ing sweet
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 22:01   #34
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
That depends on how loud you have your speakers turned up
Having to turn up your speakers just to drown out the sound of your video card firing up it's afterburner jet engines is not exactly a good thing
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 22:03   #35
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Quote:
Having to turn up your speakers just to drown out the sound of your video card firing up it's afterburner jet engines is not exactly a good thing
What about cans then?
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 22:14   #36
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
What about cans then?
cans?
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:05   #37
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

No idea.
Let's put it this way - my DX9 will either be this one or, if I can be arsed to fit the heatsink myself and depending on comparitive costs, any Radeon 9700 Pro plus this.

Silence is a necessity when your computer is 3 feet from your head when you're trying to get to sleep.

Unread 3 Apr 2003, 00:23   #38
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
Quote:
The nVidia reference design HSF was said to be recorded @ 70dB full load.

The Retail reference HSF is about 44-54dB full loaded.

Various individual manufacturers have designed their own HSFs.

I think lowest sounding is about 25dB.

Personally the NV30 is largely a flop.

I await the NV35, preferably Leadtek design
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 02:15   #39
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Quote:

Silence is a necessity when your computer is 3 feet from your head when you're trying to get to sleep.

Switch it off?
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 13:18   #40
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
playing unreal 2 at 1600xwhatever at 50 fps is definately nice
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 13:23   #41
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally posted by Luckeh!!!!
Various individual manufacturers have designed their own HSFs.
The windtunnel that nVidia has put on is not a HSF

I believe Leadtek indeed has a GeForce FX with silent cooling, although it's like $200 more expensive than the one with the windtunnel
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 14:16   #42
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Quote:
Originally posted by Judge
Switch it off?
It's a busy busy PC.