User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Dec 2002, 12:16   #1
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Two FreeBSD questions: Locate and PHP

I've never really done much other than use Linux. So actually being an admin, and on a FreeBSD box is... "hard"

#1 - Corrupt locate DB...?

daemon# locate -S
locate: locate database header corrupt, bigram char outside 0, 32-127: -1

Anybody know how to fix that?

#2 - PHP "doesn't work"

I installed the Apache and PHP pkgs, both seemed to install, however after a restart of Apache, it's clear that one of the two isn't configured properly... is it safe to manually build and install Apache & PHP on a FreeBSD box, as I would on a RH Linux box? Does anybody have experience of setting up Apache and PHP on FreeBSD?

Thanks!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2002, 23:32   #2
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm not too familiar with locate, but can't you just try rebuilding the db?

It can't be that hard to find out how... (locate --help or update --help or something).

As to the other - no idea.

Unread 10 Dec 2002, 23:49   #3
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
updatedb

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2002, 00:35   #4
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
knew it was something like that...

Unread 11 Dec 2002, 11:06   #5
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Slidey
updatedb
Kinda...

$ updatedb
bash: updatedb: command not found

So do...

$ /usr/libexec/locate.updatedb

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote