User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 28 Dec 2005, 17:52   #51
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about
Re: Top planets per alliance ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
but from what i heard from your members and eXi it was pretty much eXi hitting them, not there flacks as well. So what can we say there, 200 fleets max 300?
you spoke to the wrong members probably.
i can only speak of my own incs ofc, which usually was around 2 exi - 2 subh - 4 vgn fleets (what i remember from top of my head)
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 19:20   #52
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

who cares atm how much inc who got? oh its so cool

i got 1up/angels/insomnia incs several nights, so?

and sniborp where have i joked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 19:41   #53
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN
who cares atm how much inc who got? oh its so cool
i just replied to a statement that was wrong imo.
go make your own "i don't care who got what inc" thread. or contribute to the discussion. thx.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 19:46   #54
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Hilarious ... The first month and a half, you took like what .... 10 calls a night?
That's an incorrect assumption Mr Kj. Very early in the round, every alliance was seeing a decent number of defcalls (60+ per night straight out of protection I'd guess at, with several nights of more incs than members), simply due to the majority of people building an attack fleet first and then just launching as soon as fleets become available. 10 calls a night is a complete fallacy, undercuts the actual average quite substantially and is very misleading.

Though I don't really have any opinion on this. I feel that eXilition received more incs throughout the round than ND or Angels did (if the officer I was speaking to was telling the truth, then they received over 3,000~ more calls than ND, and I sincerely doubt angels received close to that number), and the simple fact is that under the circumstances, eXilition were better than anyone else. It's hard to take anything else from this information without making various assumptions which would only undermine the validity of any conclusions you reach.

some changes made to numbers after checking logs

Last edited by Gate; 28 Dec 2005 at 19:59.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 19:47   #55
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Kjeldoran - Tnx for your neg rep, since when did you know how ND Def was working?

apparantly eXi launched equal numbers on angels and nd. We just got more flak.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 22:23   #56
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Atleast alot of the VgN planets were taken down when the oppositition against EXil stopped.

"Veni, Vidi, Dormivi" - I came, I saw, I slept.
SkyHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 22:29   #57
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious
i just replied to a statement that was wrong imo.
go make your own "i don't care who got what inc" thread. or contribute to the discussion. thx.
He was in EXil and I am almost sure we had most concentrated incs of any, with hhigh value attack fleets, have been a bit on the look out to compare numbers to someone - but they probably know ours and would rather sit silent on theirs.

Shouldn't be to bad him saying he dont care how much incs the others had then?

And there was a valid point, he said he had several nights of 1up\Angels inc, and I think the number of incs through every day was tougher for EXil, whilst the other allies maybe had alot tougher days when they first had them. (Which means the roids had some time to get value for etc, it does mean alot)

1up would be a good #2, if they were not stuck with a larger number of calls, only thing that wouldn't surprise me. If Angels claim to have had it though I'd be kinda shocked

"Veni, Vidi, Dormivi" - I came, I saw, I slept.

Last edited by SkyHead; 28 Dec 2005 at 22:36.
SkyHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 22:48   #58
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHead
He was in EXil and I am almost sure we had most concentrated incs of any, with hhigh value attack fleets, have been a bit on the look out to compare numbers to someone - but they probably know ours and would rather sit silent on theirs

1up would be a good #2, if they were not stuck with a larger number of calls, only thing that wouldn't surprise me. If Angels claim to have had it though I'd be kinda shocked
Read up and you will see that someone was comparing incs of angels and nd, not speaking about exil at all. and my post specifically was in reply to that someone saying "angels didn't get exil's flak allies on them". so actually i don't care how much incs exil had, as that has no relevance to my post at all.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 23:02   #59
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Adding some information for Kj.

Our defbot hadd a counter. Wich only worked the last 19 days.

That counter stopped at 2908 calls. Thats an average of 153.5 calls each night in 19 days.

and with the looking into logs and using our brains.

ND have hadd ~4700 fleets launhed at them who have been reported to our def bot.

if we add mine wich I didn't report. we could add 20 more

eXi apparantly hadd 3k calls more than us.

eXi won, hadd it hardest and still won. very good game from eXi
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 23:20   #60
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

These numbers are all pointless.

The important fact is that eXilition won. Nothing else really counts. Who will remember anything else really?
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 23:32   #61
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

We had 463 incomings every night!!!1111oneoneeleven

I still got the logs:

<Acers> Shit we got 463 incomings, the exact same amount as yesterday and the day before!!!
<Wielklem> orly?
<Acers> yus
*Acers pimp slaps Wielklem
<Sleepless> k, nn
<Acers> nn
<eagleon> Who wants to do FR?

Luckily we still ended up with the rank 1 and 2 planets
16 top 100 planets, and planets in gal 1 2 and 3

gg

Last edited by Alessio; 28 Dec 2005 at 23:54.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 23:56   #62
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

In any case, the winner was decided and who cares how many calls each alliance got, the only pissing contest is the rankings. I would, though, like to give props to ALL DCs (from all alliances who participated in heavy wars) for dedicating their time and effort to manage those kinds of calls. Props to you guys

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 00:01   #63
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Hey, can i brag here about landing on Kjeldoran?
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 00:11   #64
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I got 42 centimeters. can we get some more numbers please?

NEXT!
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 01:09   #65
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

cant believe i'm gonna defend ND's policy (almost) but

IMO .. it dont matter who starts a war .. its who finishes it that really matters !
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 03:22   #66
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

oh shit, i lost
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 07:38   #67
Mitre
Xanadu...

Mitre is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
We had 463 incomings every night!!!1111oneoneeleven

I still got the logs:

<Acers> Shit we got 463 incomings, the exact same amount as yesterday and the day before!!!
<Wielklem> orly?
<Acers> yus
*Acers pimp slaps Wielklem
<Sleepless> k, nn
<Acers> nn
<eagleon> Who wants to do FR?

Luckily we still ended up with the rank 1 and 2 planets
16 top 100 planets, and planets in gal 1 2 and 3

gg
In the rounds i was LCH the worst night with incs was 336 fleet during 1 night. If you get 463 fleets inc in a round you didnt really take part in any war thats amusing :eek:
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 08:40   #68
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitre
In the rounds i was LCH the worst night with incs was 336 fleet during 1 night. If you get 463 fleets inc in a round you didnt really take part in any war thats amusing :eek:
besides im not sure that the log he postet is a joke i guess he meant 463 fleets a night.

i think people mix reported calls with real incoming fleets....
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 09:39   #69
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire
Kjeldoran - Tnx for your neg rep, since when did you know how ND Def was working?

apparantly eXi launched equal numbers on angels and nd. We just got more flak.
Ahh so you know howmuch flak we received then ...

Difference here is, spritfire ... Exi launched at Angels far longer then they targetted ND. I mean howlong did you actually fought an alliance WITH having heavy incs in return? 2-3 weeks max? At no point did you experience ND + Exi (+flak/allies) bar maybe 1 night when we got tired of your free roids while exi and Angels were fighting. When Angels hit you, Exi was STILL hitting us .... so you received like what ... 80-100 extra Angels fleets on top of your random incs (which EVERY alliance received). Exi and their flak still went after 1up and Angels however.

I don't know how ND defence works, but when The_Fish posts a number here of the avg incs you guys have during a war, then I base myself on that yes. Gate never denied that number, no ND officer/HC ever denied that number.

Gate, thought you had more integrity then this m8. You of all pple should atleast grasp the fact that military wise, ND didn't have the same rough ride as Exi, 1up or Angels had. Claiming differently is a joke ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 09:45   #70
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Adding some information for Kj.

Our defbot hadd a counter. Wich only worked the last 19 days.

That counter stopped at 2908 calls. Thats an average of 153.5 calls each night in 19 days.

and with the looking into logs and using our brains.

ND have hadd ~4700 fleets launhed at them who have been reported to our def bot.

if we add mine wich I didn't report. we could add 20 more

eXi apparantly hadd 3k calls more than us.

eXi won, hadd it hardest and still won. very good game from eXi
19 days ... well said ... You didn't even fought a real war for 19 full days (assuming that a war is when you get MUTUAL incs).

It's redicilous to assume ... ohh we had 2900 calls the last 19 days, let's calc an avg out of this for the remainder of the round ... that's incorrect because the first part of the round you didn't even receive half the incs you had in the last part ... so your 4700(+20) calls is a VERY wrong average.

Or are you gonna claim you had 153 calls on avg the ENTIRE round? Cause then you'd be outrageously lying ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 29 Dec 2005, 09:59   #71
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Hey, can i brag here about landing on Kjeldoran?
Lol, I think a planet not able to land on me in the last 2 weeks must have been a great noob. Not only did I lose ALL ships but my FR's (I'm XAN) ... I hardly ever got my calls reported in time and ingal defence often wasn't an option either

Though of all the pple that roided me, I think most were HR

FA Gaming community

Unread 29 Dec 2005, 10:04   #72
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
..Wars are not beneficial unless you win them..
Well, of course!

See, at first, I thought the original post was to imply a suggestion that maybe we should acquire XP points everytime we get our ships killed and everytime we get roided. That way, being in a war will have some benefit to it, and have better chances of the losing side of these wars to still be on the T100 list. Maybe this way, not being involved in any wars might be a bad thing for an alliance because it's not improving their scores, etc.

But it got a little blurry and confusing somwhere in the middle of this thread..

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 10:12   #73
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
Well, of course!

See, at first, I thought the original post was to imply a suggestion that maybe we should acquire XP points everytime we get our ships killed and everytime we get roided. That way, being in a war will have some benefit to it, and have better chances of the losing side of these wars to still be on the T100 list. Maybe this way, not being involved in any wars might be a bad thing for an alliance because it's not improving their scores, etc.

But it got a little blurry and confusing somwhere in the middle of this thread..
Ya, this thread has greatly derailed from the intention that I posted it with ... It was idd to just make an analysis of the top100 and what the consequences of a war are on this.

FA Gaming community

Unread 29 Dec 2005, 10:32   #74
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitre
Amazing huh

naive +2
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 11:16   #75
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
I got 42 centimeters. can we get some more numbers please?

NEXT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
oh shit, i lost
no need to state the obvious jer:/
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 12:25   #76
snra
[MDEL]

snra is an unknown quantity at this point

As eX mil-hc over most of r15, I can tell from my perspective that the amount of "all-out" hits eX organized on ND and Angels was pretty equal, the difference is the hits on Angels were spread over the round, usually 1-3 nights of concentrated fire then switch, and all hits on ND were during last 2 weeks or so without any pause, because only eX objective that time was to bring ND below eX in roids and score.

Another interesting number from memory & sandmans is that ND lost 1 night atleast 10% of their roids when eX didnt target them fully or partially, and Angels had 0 such nights over the round.

Make out of that what you will.
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 13:30   #77
Paddy
ND for life

Paddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Gate, thought you had more integrity then this m8. You of all pple should atleast grasp the fact that military wise, ND didn't have the same rough ride as Exi, 1up or Angels had. Claiming differently is a joke ...
Where exactly in Gate's post did he claim that ND a worse ride than Exi, Angels or 1up? His first paragraph commented on a very obvious under-exaggeration on the amount of incs we received early in the round. The second paragraph compared ND's incs to Exi's with a brief mention of Angels:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I feel that eXilition received more incs throughout the round than ND or Angels did (if the officer I was speaking to was telling the truth, then they received over 3,000~ more calls than ND, and I sincerely doubt angels received close to that number)
To me this says that Exi had more more incs than both Angels and ND. It also implies that Angels may well have had more incs than ND but they had nowhere near as many incs as Exi.

I may have misinterpreted what Gate meant but this is what makes most sense to me from what he said. How you can see his post as saying that ND didn't have as rough a ride as other top allies is beyond me though.
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 13:39   #78
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
I may have misinterpreted what Gate meant but this is what makes most sense to me from what he said. How you can see his post as saying that ND didn't have as rough a ride as other top allies is beyond me though.
Maybe read the posts of all other ND members, I'm sure you can assume Gate meant the same. If not, then I apologize.

FA Gaming community

Unread 29 Dec 2005, 13:53   #79
Spritfire

So you jugde all ND members under one?

We have maybe playing a game where you need to work in a team. But hey we have indiviual minds!
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 13:56   #80
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by snra
As eX mil-hc over most of r15, I can tell from my perspective that the amount of "all-out" hits eX organized on ND and Angels was pretty equal, the difference is the hits on Angels were spread over the round, usually 1-3 nights of concentrated fire then switch, and all hits on ND were during last 2 weeks or so without any pause, because only eX objective that time was to bring ND below eX in roids and score.

Another interesting number from memory & sandmans is that ND lost 1 night atleast 10% of their roids when eX didnt target them fully or partially, and Angels had 0 such nights over the round.

just felt the need to quote this for some unexplainable reason
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 14:18   #81
Paddy
ND for life

Paddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Maybe read the posts of all other ND members, I'm sure you can assume Gate meant the same. If not, then I apologize.
So you're making an assumption on what an individual means by what other members of the alliance have said and not by the content of the post? You are in effect doing the same thing as what you accused Fish of doing earlier - judging a post by the poster rather than the content of the post.

Gate's post in no way says that ND had an easier ride than Exi or Angels and explicitly says that ND had less incs than Exi and (imo) implies than ND had less incs than Angels.
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 14:59   #82
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
So you jugde all ND members under one?

We have maybe playing a game where you need to work in a team. But hey we have indiviual minds!
Let me rephrase, I meant the ND pple that posted in this thread. Again, if Gate didn't claim what you all did then I apologize for assuming he did.

read your board pm !!

FA Gaming community

Unread 29 Dec 2005, 19:18   #83
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

1 final post, let's assume Spritfire is correct and ND had 4700 calls the entire round ... (this is the most optimistic case here) ...

Angels had 5409 counted calls and the bot was down a week to 10 days (Officers and DC's can confirm this) during the round ... so I'd add about 500-600 extra calls to it (given if you take the average) ...

More or less gets us to about 6k calls for the entire round.

FA Gaming community

Unread 29 Dec 2005, 21:20   #84
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by snra

I couldn't quote that more... Seems you guys are going on about numbers, so on, and so forth. You guys can dispute the #s all you want, but as I previously stated, it's not about the total amount of defence calls you get, it's about the DCs who do the work. If your alliance can cover a higher % of calls, or have DCs on doing things the best way possible, then the end result is you save more roids. It's the DCs which do all the work, the AD people who criticize the numbers, and the end result is the end result, of course no alliance can cover all their incomings in a round like this. ND & Angels got the same amount of incoming from eX all in all, like snra said, and the number of defence calls may be all "oooohh" and "aahhh" but theres no point besides that. The rankings show which alliance got themselves into the correct positions politically and militarily and who came out in the end. If ND can play the round with less incomings and ranking higher, then it's not their fault to have good politics.

The whole how-many-calls-each-alliance-had thing can be talked about and dicussed till it's dead, but the fact is that the numbers are whatever they are and can't be changed. It's how the alliances handled, skillfully politically evaded, and how the officers and members preformed under that sort of pressure that the end result reflected.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 01:37   #85
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

With the numbers etc, I don't know whether you had access to any of this information during the round, I would've thought Angels would have it all accessible in an Arbiter form..

Until the last week or so it was ~35 ~25 ~20 NewDawn/Angels/eXilition t200. It shifted a lot as the winner established itself. That happens every round, actually.
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 01:51   #86
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

heh this thread amuses me, its like every other post is kjeld tyring to say oh how such a tough round angels had.

What do you actully want people to say? omfg Angels had it so tough, you did well to do what you did i mean with THAT many def calls. My hats off to you, you and your alliance must be ace and whoa with like 6k calls and those wars. JEEZ you did well.

Yes i said it. Now i shall watch as i get neg repped to **** for my over use of sarcasm.

*hugs n kisses from BB*
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 02:48   #87
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm not really getting why we need to harp on over round 15 again. I'll try and finish this discussion.

All that we know is that exilition won, ND need to find out how to be more competitive and that Angels need to think more.

ND's performance wasn't up to our own standards. I'm not particularly pleased about it, but i'll get over it.

I have no idea what happened with Angels. I have no idea of their standards. I do not care what they are. My job in r15 was to try and help get ND in the right direction, and I felt that regardless of how cack we were in the last 3 or 4 weeks of the round, we made a pretty decent fist of it, considering that ND are comparitive casuals to the likes of ex/angels/1up, simply because we were focussed on our own performance more than those who finished below us.

Anyone from ND who wants to go measuring epenises with Kj is losing the very perspective that has brought them such success. ND just needs to back off from pa for a bit, chill and relax and wait for PAN, rather than getting into slanging matches. Seriously, spend your time doing something else rather than stressing about what someone else thought about what you did last round.

If there's one alliance that's not got enough credit it's 1up who turned up despite knowing they were going to take a battering. It's not nice, not pleasant, having experienced it myself. It's grit that alot of people in planetarion can learn from.
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 04:34   #88
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

What amuses me is that Kj starts off with claiming Angels had 200-250 inc on average with 400-500 being the max
Quote:
Angels on the other hand had 200-250 calls all round and some nights even upto 400 calls.
Quote:
Angels had a solid 200 calls A NIGHT non stop (bar some easier night, but they were rather rare) and we even had peaks of 400+ calls

then he starts slaging off ND for claiming ND had 150 inc on avg.
Quote:
Or are you gonna claim you had 153 calls on avg the ENTIRE round? Cause then you'd be outrageously lying ...
On top of that he gives the number of total Angels coming (which should have been 10k+ if they really did have 200 inc on avg per day) with the notion that bot was down and i quote

Quote:
the bot was down a week to 10 days ... so I'd add about 500-600 extra calls to it (given if you take the average) ...
which is only 70 calls per day maximum.

which is quite funny because we see his propaganda fail.

Whats even MORE funny is that maxmillian in reply to kj's claim of 200 on avg per night said
Quote:
so Angels got more inc then ND, eX got more inc then Angels.
Claiming eXilition had more then 200 inc on avg per round ^_^

oh the joys of AD

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 11:02   #89
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard
What amuses me is that Kj starts off with claiming Angels had 200-250 inc on average with 400-500 being the max

then he starts slaging off ND for claiming ND had 150 inc on avg.

On top of that he gives the number of total Angels coming (which should have been 10k+ if they really did have 200 inc on avg per day) with the notion that bot was down and i quote

which is only 70 calls per day maximum.

which is quite funny because we see his propaganda fail.

Whats even MORE funny is that maxmillian in reply to kj's claim of 200 on avg per night said

Claiming eXilition had more then 200 inc on avg per round ^_^

oh the joys of AD
500-600 calls is a PURE guess for those 10 days without a bot. It could have been 1500 calls aswell, I honnestly don't know. My point is, we had Atleast 6k reported calls ... I think that's alot, and I think that's more then ND had.

I never intended this to become a discussion about this, that's not the purpose of this initial thread ... but I'm not the only one who derailed the thread. Nway, I posted actual facts, it's proven we had more calls then ND. Case closed, point proven ...

BAck to topic plz

FA Gaming community

Unread 30 Dec 2005, 11:49   #90
BaSSe

BaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to behold

It`s a bit wrong to discuss the total amount of incs reported. As many alliances use fake, if all attackers send/resend you suddenly got 2x more incomings. As Nitina said it`s more interesting to see how many % of the incomings that was covered.
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 12:05   #91
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSSe
It`s a bit wrong to discuss the total amount of incs reported. As many alliances use fake, if all attackers send/resend you suddenly got 2x more incomings. As Nitina said it`s more interesting to see how many % of the incomings that was covered.
More interesting, but not an accurate benchmark either. Fact is that there isn't one, just a lot of ways to compare e-penis size.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 12:36   #92
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
More interesting, but not an accurate benchmark either. Fact is that there isn't one, just a lot of ways to compare e-penis size.
yea and its so piss boring
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 12:49   #93
Rust
--==SaX==--

Rust is an unknown quantity at this point

tbh i con't be ****ed with reading most of the posts, can i just point out what a good round it was and thank the likes of 1up,exli,angels,nd for fighting the wars cos with out them only 4 alliance would have had roids and the rest of us would have been pissed of with being roided everytime we got over 300 roids.

nice round guys.

Rust
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 13:58   #94
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
500-600 calls is a PURE guess for those 10 days without a bot. It could have been 1500 calls aswell, I honnestly don't know. My point is, we had Atleast 6k reported calls ... I think that's alot, and I think that's more then ND had.

I never intended this to become a discussion about this, that's not the purpose of this initial thread ... but I'm not the only one who derailed the thread. Nway, I posted actual facts, it's proven we had more calls then ND. Case closed, point proven ...

BAck to topic plz
What's flying over your head utterly, is that quite simply we don't care how many calls you had. We're probably quite sure you had more.

The point we're trying to make is what are you trying to achieve from this? Some kind of moral high ground? A "we're better than ND even though we finished below"? I haven't even entered into this debate about how many incomings we had, because quite simply, the natural political atmosphere of the universe was to pile incoming on ex/1up/angels and not ND. ND didn't need to do very much except sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

In round 12 we felt we deserved a higher ranking than HR, so we stopped hitting LCH, and fleetcaught the cack out of them and did something about it and beat them on score regardless of recruiting Chika. If you were that upset about finishing below us, should have demolished us - you chose not to, so that's your lookout. I don't see 1up on here crying about how many calls they had, they just got on with it. Infact, this round I expected them to consider totalling us "just because".

In reality ND has no beef with Angels as an alliance. You're just another competitor. If you want to make something of it, that's fine as ND will probably condemn you to another round without victory if they are forced to hit you. If you don't, then best of luck to Angels, ND will probably pay you no attention whatsoever. I'm more fussed about why ND members thought it was a good idea to lose 900k of fleet for no reason, than you giving us stick on Alliance Discussions. Usually the bad blood after a round is between 2nd and below and the victor, the bad blood you're trying to rise here is simply ridiculous. The only reason I am here is because ND don't do grudges and we don't want them.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 04:09   #95
Seed of Chaos
Pr0f3ss10na1 P30n

Seed of Chaos will become famous soon enoughSeed of Chaos will become famous soon enough

It's hilarious how this thread has changed into a pissing contest of "who had the most incs"

PS I counted 146 incs to my planet (123 in the first 1000 ticks)... out of curiosity how does that compare to the average incs other top alliance planets had. Did I have it easy?

Last edited by Seed of Chaos; 31 Dec 2005 at 04:25.
Seed of Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 09:57   #96
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

yes :P
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 11:25   #97
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

I had 297 fleets of hostile incomming in the first 600 ticks............. or atleast i would have if I could have been arsed to play ;-)
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 15:57   #98
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seed of Chaos
It's hilarious how this thread has changed into a pissing contest of "who had the most incs"

PS I counted 146 incs to my planet (123 in the first 1000 ticks)... out of curiosity how does that compare to the average incs other top alliance planets had. Did I have it easy?
As they say prevention is better than cure by the best form of def.... attack.

I wouldnt like to boast how my DCs were overworked and over stressed
it would be hard to calculate how many were fakes and how many were counter deffed when it was orginally covered. instead I prefer the approach where the ally we were hitting was too busy trying to cover fakes and that and expending fleets so that counters on the same night were difficult.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 16:35   #99
Spritfire

Quote:
1 final post, let's assume Spritfire is correct and ND had 4700 calls the entire round ... (this is the most optimistic case here) ...
This is not optimistic, our bot dont duplicate calls. if one allready have been reported on one planet it wount add it if its reported again.

So my count is not optimistic at all.

Just for your information.

But still eX won. wonder how long they can pee...
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 19:49   #100
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Well I am not and HC but wars do take a toll on all involved. The wars that were attempted did nothing for us as a whole but some did have a few good landings on selected targets.

I think too many NAP's and wars really limit the individual players from the best possible targets.

Instead of NAP's how about Non Retaliation Agreements or Pacts. The idea is that in a gal raid any planet is a target but the alliances of those hit are not looking to strike back at the individuals involved or target a particular alliance for attack.

Basically it would mean that if one alliance felt that another alliance was attacking them too much they would see if they were galaxy raids or not. If they were galaxy raids then sending 4-5 waves on the "Most Hostile Planets Towards Our Alliance" would not be tolerated with the Non Retaliation Pact.

I guess it really depends on what is more fun; landing the biggest possible gains and gaining a better score, or taking vengence on your enemies and bashing them into the dirt (while knocking your own score and value down).
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote