User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 1 May 2010, 22:35   #1
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Single targetting to return.. Opinions!!!

as it says on the thread title...

I for one am well chuffed at the return of single targetting - might even the field again and make r37 fun fun fun
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2010, 22:45   #2
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Single targetting to return.. Opinions!!!

[23:36:47] * @Wishmaster slaps Appocomaster around a bit with a large trout
[23:36:49] <@Wishmaster> **** you
[23:36:57] <@Wishmaster> single target
[23:37:24] <@alan2> ?
[23:37:46] <@Wishmaster> Stats
[23:37:46] <@Wishmaster> Next round's ship statistics will be based on single targetting and two pod classes for all races.
[23:38:03] <@Wishmaster> = Wishmaster wont play
[23:38:05] <@Wishmaster>
[23:38:13] <ATRO> another round off for me then, means you lot have a chance
[23:38:17] <@Wishmaster> ^^
[23:38:20] <@Pommeh> i'm not playing either!

Spose I have to scan / defhoe since I have already told alot of people I will play. But ye, this makes sure I wont be playing properly next round.

**** you appoco. Just fu :/

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2010, 22:46   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh no! Wishmaster won't play next round! Whatever shall we do!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2010, 22:48   #4
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

have u ever ( last 10-15 rounds ) ever played planetarion properly mz?

You and the other idiots who play pa casually ( login once a day? )might like this. Active players dont like ST though. Only nubs and people who are not really playing anymore.

so stfu

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 1 May 2010, 22:50   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I got top 10 in round 28, though what that has to do with anything is beyond me.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 1 May 2010, 23:29   #6
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

i dont think anyone cares if u dont play Wishmaster - seeing as it only u and your minions who seem to detest single targetting im sure we'll cope without u
Unread 1 May 2010, 23:41   #7
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Cant say im too keen on single targetting either.
Dunno at this point if it will stop me playing.
Unread 1 May 2010, 23:58   #8
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
i dont think anyone cares if u dont play Wishmaster - seeing as it only u and your minions who seem to detest single targetting im sure we'll cope without u
who the **** are you?

Quote:
Unread 2 May 2010, 00:36   #9
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

I personally love single-targetting. I happen to know Benneh (who won last round) also is pro!

ST: 2 round winners - MT: 1 round winner.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN

Last edited by Linkie; 2 May 2010 at 00:43.
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2010, 00:47   #10
Wishmaster
LDK

Ooooo. we really need a chan for us round winners, so that the important people can discuss things!

**** the alliance chans tbh

Quote:
Unread 2 May 2010, 00:47   #11
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Whishmaster, you are just an utter idiot! Sorry to say that, honestly. But why on earth do you think that people using 3 ships plus pods, relying on ally def, fence, friends..... are the greatest playing PA, while people, having a round of single-targetting, being able to roid you are just noobs?

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2010, 02:21   #12
Wishmaster
LDK

your post, mister, makes no sense.

try again?

Quote:
Unread 2 May 2010, 02:33   #13
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

I enjoy the variety
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2010, 03:36   #14
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

If the stats are attack oriented I welcome them, single targeting or no. Defensive oriented stats only help def wh0res and make the round boring.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2010, 06:38   #15
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
I personally love single-targetting. I happen to know Benneh (who won last round) also is pro!

ST: 2 round winners - MT: 1 round winner.
I don't like ST, don't think eksero does either.

2-3!
Unread 2 May 2010, 07:11   #16
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Can i ask out of intrest why all the regarded 1337 players seem to hate single targetting?

Last time we had a single targetting round Wishmaster said the main reason was because he couldnt self cover himself and be immune. But surely thats a good reason to have single targetting - it means you have to have a good alliance to back you up and that you have to think more about your fleet build strategy making the game less boring and more based around a community of people protecting each other.

If im wrong please correct me im just intrested what the reasons for the hate are apart from selfish ones
Unread 2 May 2010, 08:44   #17
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

I don't enjoy Single Targetting and won't play R37, but it's ok, if MT is back for r38 and you keep switching them every round, so everybody can have his fun.
Unread 2 May 2010, 08:46   #18
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

In my case its simple, last round was appalling for me in terms of having to be constantly awake in the middle if the night because i was constantly under attack in turn because it wasnt possible to build a defensive fleet.
Single targetting just takes the effort criterion for doing well in planetarion way out of my reach.
Unread 2 May 2010, 09:37   #19
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well ST or MT isnt the problem the r36 shitty stats is. and as usual they dosnt tweak the stats a bit here and there, they flush em down and do a new set that suck in a compleatly new way. but hey its the trademark of pa.

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2010, 09:49   #20
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
I don't like ST, don't think eksero does either.

2-3!
JBG and toot! 4-3! Also, I think achi should get half a vote

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2010, 09:54   #21
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1 View Post
well ST or MT isnt the problem the r36 shitty stats is. and as usual they dosnt tweak the stats a bit here and there, they flush em down and do a new set that suck in a compleatly new way. but hey its the trademark of pa.
I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I agree with robban.
Unread 2 May 2010, 10:30   #22
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
In my case its simple, last round was appalling for me in terms of having to be constantly awake in the middle if the night because i was constantly under attack in turn because it wasnt possible to build a defensive fleet.
Single targetting just takes the effort criterion for doing well in planetarion way out of my reach.
Thats the main reason i like single targetting stats, as it evens the field. To finish top, you actually have to put in alot of effort as even if your #1, you will still have major holes in your fleet allowing two average players to hit you and land on you if you dont get defence.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2010, 10:49   #23
VampiriA
Retired

VampiriA is on a distinguished road

i really hope pa team doesn't go with ST. i remember the previous ST rnd sucked.. and i personally am not a fan of it either...

Apprime supreme hc, above MaxMilliaN
VampiriA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2010, 11:01   #24
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Im all for single targeting, but only if the changes proposed about salvage is implemented. In a single targeting round, each race has holes that makes it virtually impossible to selfcover. In order to kill 100%, one would often have to put in 2-3 times the defending value, which gave huge valuelosses to the defender. Single targeting as it is now only favors inactives without roids/value
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2010, 11:28   #25
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

so all i get so far is that ppl who object to ST are the ones who want to put the minimum amount of effort into finishing as high as possible is that correct?

PS. Cheers HanZi for actually putting a constructive reason why ST isnt as good as MT
Unread 2 May 2010, 11:38   #26
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
so all i get so far is that ppl who object to ST are the ones who want to put the minimum amount of effort into finishing as high as possible is that correct?

PS. Cheers HanZi for actually putting a constructive reason why ST isnt as good as MT
Actually, the problem high value/roids players have with single targeting is that a 500k planet can launch on a 5mill planet and inflict considerable damage to the bigger planet. Thanks to XP, you will also need to kill 100% of the attacking fleet, or it will land for a hilarious scoregain. Even if you do kill 100%, you will lose a lot of value. The small planets attackships will shoot first, inflicting a lot of damage. Because of the bigger players large value, salvage is poor, and you have to choose between staying to save your roids, or take a large valueloss. lose/lose for the big planet.

A small planet can exploit this, making the big planet choose between value or roids. No need to say, it sucks to be high up because you need to be on 24/7 to get defense against every inc, even from small inactives trying to land for XP.
Unread 2 May 2010, 11:47   #27
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I am pro single-targetting returning! XP play is always fun to do during the summer!
Unread 2 May 2010, 11:56   #28
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

HanZi surely thats a good thing tho - the best player wins - the one who gets the most defence and is the most dedicated aswell as with a slice of luck
Unread 2 May 2010, 11:56   #29
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1 View Post
Better that than being stuck with the same set of stats untweaked for like 10 rounds! O HAI PIA
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2010, 12:05   #30
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Well I never!
Why would anyone want that?
but anyway thats not quite it. I prefer playing defensivly I dont care if i dont land for a week if im holding onto my roids and not spending 6 hours in the early morning trying to defend them. I 'm on course to finish this round in a similar position to last round but with less than half the middle of the night stress, though with far more nervy calcs mid morning. Its all about how defensive MT balances with my life better than offensive ST, I put the same hours in, but at different times of day.
Unread 2 May 2010, 12:41   #31
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

This round has utterly blown. I've been on irc a lot, i've been talking and chatting and trying to find targets to attack, but wherever I've gone there has been oodles of def and most of my landings have been massive teamups. I was a huge supporter of def oriented rounds before but I've simply changed my mind about it. We need to have attack oriented stats instead of the pile of manure this round.

The round winner has mainly been decided of who can get the most def, nothing more. And that bores me to death.
Unread 2 May 2010, 12:50   #32
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
The round winner has mainly been decided of who can get the most def, nothing more. And that bores me to death.
ST does not change that. Quite the contrary, because you cant cover yourself so well you are more reliant on getting good external defence.
Unread 2 May 2010, 13:15   #33
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

As long as every race has a couple of ships that makes them 'immune' to certain classes of incs I don't see the problem of single-targetting.
Unread 2 May 2010, 13:16   #34
isildurx

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
ST does not change that. Quite the contrary, because you cant cover yourself so well you are more reliant on getting good external defence.
On the other hand, it often takes only 1-2 fleets to cover most ST incs. While it MT it can take anywhere between 5 to 15 simply because the teamups have to be stupidly big.
Unread 2 May 2010, 13:26   #35
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
JBG and toot! 4-3! Also, I think achi should get half a vote
Pro ST, And since I won ally tag 64-3.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2010, 13:50   #36
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
You and the other idiots who play pa casually ( login once a day? )might like this. Active players dont like ST though. Only nubs and people who are not really playing anymore.
Multi targeting is good for you and the other idiots who are incapable of counting to more than three. You don't have to worry about balance since your attack is your defence, so you can just put all your resources in attack.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2010, 13:57   #37
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
While it MT it can take anywhere between 5 to 15 simply because the teamups have to be stupidly big.
Is it not the other way round, teamups are stupidly big because they know a couple of fleets covers a smaller one?
By allowing, in some circumstances, zero loss defence ST prevents this attacker inflation because there is no point in a dozen attackers if one defender can still do equal amounts of damage.

I would advocate a halfway house where there are ST ships and dual or even triple target ships but the latter are less efficient than the ST ships by a fair amount, by a third or even half. This would result in the balance favouring the attacking ST ships significantly while still allowing defensive players to in some way cover all the bases. I fear it would be horrendously difficult to make a balanced stats set for it though.
Unread 2 May 2010, 14:00   #38
isildurx

Yes, I have also wanted to have that for some time. Some ships having 1 target and a few having 2-3 targets but quite a bit of lower effeciency.
Unread 2 May 2010, 14:02   #39
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

Single targeting ftw, gonna love next round
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2010, 15:32   #40
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Good to see a bit of variety. Pro change.
Unread 3 May 2010, 03:04   #41
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

I don't mind single targeting, and some people like it more then multiple targeting. Only fair that it comes back now and again

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2010, 04:30   #42
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Though I do prefer MT, I don't mind them changing it up every few rounds, it's what keeps it interesting. Same stats and set ups over and over would get boring fast. And I would still like to see a full random round at some point.
Unread 3 May 2010, 07:41   #43
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

Little fags with no balls want no ST, im looking at you wishy boy. ST will be nice to see as alliances with less members will still do fine vs member fat alliances. Its going to be more about the activity of ones self and friends(alliance mates). Which means active players will do well and the lucky idiots who are usually inactive but survive the round will find it tough

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2010, 09:44   #44
Wishmaster
LDK

I dont think u understand how ST vs MT works demort.

Nubs with little activity are the ones who gain on ST. Active players can now be roided by smal tiny idiots who mass 1 ship.

Oh yay, thats fun!!!
ALWAYS THE SAME INCS FROM THE SAME RACE ( S )
****ING FANTASTIC.

Quote:
Unread 3 May 2010, 11:40   #45
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Nubs with little activity are the ones who gain on ST. Active players can now be roided by smal tiny idiots who mass 1 ship.
Almost makes me join for a summer round....
Unread 3 May 2010, 23:04   #46
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Why not ST + free fire as T2 ? I'd love that!

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2010, 00:53   #47
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

[quote=Wishmaster;3191638]

/QUOTE]

Now we have people who are active that just mass 3 (or 4) ships only and are immune to almost everybody below their value!
All you need at the moment is gathering as many ppl as possible and launch. Who cares about targets ships or even stats at all.
And yes, i am one of those nubs with little activity! And i want to have some fun and competition! Just as more than 50% of the playerbase is......... nub and hardly active.......
If we have ST and noobs that are able to roid those actives, they got a big hole in their fleet and are open to incs for everyody and their moms.

What is wrong with that?

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2010, 01:06   #48
Wishmaster
LDK

Dunkel, its like in any RPG. A lvl 10 cant kill a lvl 80 or whatever.

It just shouldnt be possible for someone 1/10 of someones value to roid him if he has built a proper fleet.
And seriously, who the **** are those who build 3-4 ships? FR/DE fortress is fking dull and I ve said before that it shouldnt be possible to cover only with 1 class. GET A NEW ARGUMENT.

WTF is the problem with being "immune" vs people alot smaller than you? Do u think its fantastically fun to roid same race all round, cause they have a MASSIVE hole against ur race? I dont think thats fun. If u wanna just send 1 ship at someone all round, and find that entertaining, then **** you, go ahead and have ur fun. I wont be playing such rounds however.

Quote:
Unread 4 May 2010, 03:21   #49
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

wishmaster sounds like someone has taken his sweeties

I don't mind mixing it up like this, and I really like the idea someone had about tweaking past stats and using them for a new round - the R30 stat set was pretty awesome and I seem to remember there being a discussion mid-late round about tweaks that would have made them even more balanced.
Unread 4 May 2010, 12:37   #50
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demort View Post
Little fags with no balls want no ST, im looking at you wishy boy. ST will be nice to see as alliances with less members will still do fine vs member fat alliances. Its going to be more about the activity of ones self and friends(alliance mates). Which means active players will do well and the lucky idiots who are usually inactive but survive the round will find it tough
The smaller alliances looks pretty farmed.

In single targeting, we also had the advantage of covering incs with 1 fleet from a different race. This makes it really hard for inactives to actually land anything on large alliances, but it sure makes it easier to land on eachother!