User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Jul 2006, 12:31   #1
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold
Tactics

Anyone find covert-op'ing your target before u launch at em as a good tactic? I find that smaller alliances often use that tactic.. For me it seems unlogical to warn your target that he should stay up a couple more ticks, but dunno.. I do find it nice to be warned... But do any alliances actually use this tactic in general, or is it solo "raids". If a proper alliance attack u, u don't get cover-op'ed before you are launched at. :P

(Also I'm making this thread a bit cause AD is damn boring, and what it needs is more threads and fast!!!)
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 12:40   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Tactics

I never used covert ops as a tactic when playing, but only for creating "havoc" for fun at others planets. I mostly used it on friends planets just for the laugh (like setting Kj's research back several ticks per day in r16(
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 14:14   #3
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light

Doesnt sound like the best idea in the world, especially with it becoming a well known thing, I certainly would stay awake for another tick or two after a covert op just to see what happened. Could be a good tire your enemies out tactic i guess....

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 14:37   #4
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Works nice if you ruin their factories :\
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 16:36   #5
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about

I remember the oh-so-famous "THEY KILL MY SHIPS! THEY KILL MY FACTORIES! AND NOW THEY TAKE MY SALVAGE!!!! ********!!!" quote from round 13
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 17:48   #6
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

ive sometimes done it after i launched

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 20:44   #7
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

I tend to get cov-opped when I attack other people, but never bother with it myself. I have to say if i got cov-opped i woudlnt stay awake an extra tick or 2, probably because im just lazy.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 20:59   #8
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

The only cov-op i ever do is like nadar said, resettin friends research.
Couple of rounds ago me and elmoow reset punx (a nub m8 of ours) research back for a total of +100 ticks i think.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 22:28   #9
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

Vdm smells funny.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 23:32   #10
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

i think i used to sometimes do a cov'op the tick before i landed/pulled on the planet i was attacking
this was mostly closer to the end of the round cause that was the time i could actually bother with researching the recources-steal cov'op

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 23:43   #11
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
I never used covert ops as a tactic when playing, but only for creating "havoc" for fun at others planets. I mostly used it on friends planets just for the laugh (like setting Kj's research back several ticks per day in r16(
Bitch !!

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 02:33   #12
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

Ive had the sabatoge covert op used on me as a substitute jgp before landing at eta 1 to see if any ships were at home. But other than that I've only experienced the covert ops as nice warnings. It's a decent warning though so I won't complain.

Certain alliances are more prone to this than others...
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 08:39   #13
Halogen
-Haldir-

Halogen is an unknown quantity at this point

earlier in the round i had a few of my dists destroyed so targets can scan me, it also annoyed me alot
Regard your good name as the richest jewel you can possibly be possessed of, for credit is like fire; when once you have kindled it you may easily preserve it, but if you once extinguish it, you will find it an arduous task to rekindle it again. The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear.
-Socrates-

Hope is a waking dream.
-Aristotle-
Halogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 23:14   #14
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee-
Vdm smells funny.
I wouldn't drink your coffee

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 06:32   #15
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

I'll add a special "cream" to it!
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 09:25   #16
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

I got owned by cov-ops a few days back. Got 2 cov-ops on me knocking out my Med and Heavy factorys so i switched security to prio 1 for fear of losing my light as well and then got incs and had production prio 3 only so couldnt do much for it. Not to mention its quite difficult spending out of fr/de/cr/bs incs without med and heavy factorys!
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 12:13   #17
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
The only cov-op i ever do is like nadar said, resettin friends research.
Couple of rounds ago me and elmoow reset punx (a nub m8 of ours) research back for a total of +100 ticks i think.
last round i set Kittys back about 25 ticks :P

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 03:10   #18
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Yggdra=-
I remember the oh-so-famous "THEY KILL MY SHIPS! THEY KILL MY FACTORIES! AND NOW THEY TAKE MY SALVAGE!!!! ********!!!" quote from round 13

Should never be forgotten.

"Veni, Vidi, Dormivi" - I came, I saw, I slept.
SkyHead is offline   Reply With Quote