User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 19 Jun 2006, 13:01   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Your album.

Third and final attempt. GD's final attempt to show it doesnt fag up a thread by default.

I can't play any instruments (other than my pink oboe and the lady harmonica hoho).

Anyway, if i could, there are certain songs i would cover because they are in drastic need of improvement and could indeed be good songs if they werent fagged up in some way or another. So if i could play guitar, say, and had a band, and had creative control, this is the album of covers i would produce.

1. Aqua - Good Morning Sunshine

See if you remove the idiot bald guy rapping like.. well, a white bald swedish guy rapping, and if you remove the horrendous electro-pop un-tss un-tss synth bollocks and replaced it with a nice guitar - kept the piano in - then you would have a very nice song. Seriously. The melody to the chorus is great, and theres enough to it to let a singer express themselves vocally - i might even keep leni or whatever her name is singing it (but only if she was naked.)

2. The Spice Girls - Viva Forever

if i was the guy that came up with and played the spanish guitar on this track i would have hung myself by now - not because its bad, but because it was far too good for a pop song and was lost amongst the electro pop and horrendous girl band crap. Replacing the electropop drumbeat with a more irregular natural one would drastically improve this song. Obviously, the second thing that needs to be done is that this (as ALL songs are not) was not written to be sang by 5 people - especially not a 5 member girl group. If you gave it to someone deadpan, and gave them a backing choir for the chorus, this song could be awesome. No shit.

3. Wings - Band On The Run

The main problem with this song is that it is not actually 1 song - its at least 2. Sometimes that can work, ala Bohemian Rhapsody, but i dont feel that it does here. I think McCartney was too desperate for recognition as a solo artist. About 1 minute 20 seconds in, the base line gets all dirty and the lyrics go:
"If i ever get out of here, i'm gonna give it all away
To a registered charity, all i need is a pint a day
If i ever get out of here, if we ever get out of here"
Then it stops. About 50 seconds of musical genius then the base is dropped and the song changes key. Unlike most people i actually like the rest of the song, but i cant help but feel he wasted one of the great base lines in musical history by being over eager. I would use it over an entire song, rewrite the whole thing.

4. Cindi Lauper - True Colours

Never before has a song with such obvious potential been sang by such a large number of no hopers. Seriously. Imagine, for example, if REM were to do a cover of it. It would be ****ing brilliant (and i also advise you all to download REM's cover of "i will survive")

5. Guns & Roses - Don't Cry

Re-recorded, true to the original. But with a SINGER.

6. Simon & Garfunkel - Baby Driver

Awesome song - but at the end after it goes "Scoot down the road, whats my number, i wonder how your engines feel" for the last time, it hints and it THREATENS to go up a gear (no pun intended) when the guitar changes key and gets a little bit faster - and its just dying for the song to go on a level, add another verse and one more chorus at least at a more frantic pace, but it doesnt

7. Bruce Springsteen - Streets Of Philadelphia

This song is pure perfection and only a heathen would change the way it is played. However, its just too ****ing short Its one of the most haunting, beautiful tracks ever written, and i never know what to play right after it. But its only 3m 16s, and it should be 7 or 8 minutes at the very least. Even if you only added one more verse and chorus, and just let the music play for 5 minutes, or have the "lalalalala" bit repeat ala hey jude or something, that would be wonderful.

8. Electric Soft Parade - Silent To The Dark

I love ESP, even though no one shares my <3. And this song is great, well written and builds up tremendously, the reverb at the end and the way it comes back in is epic (almost post-rocky), unfortunately neither of the brothers can sing for toffee, and it makes the verse and chorus's sound a bit like a local band playing in their garage.

9. Dido - My Life

Needs a male voice. Shut up.

10. Chris De Burgh - She Means Everything To Me

Because this is a good song but again, the artist has no credibility, so the singer has to change.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jerome
cliché

Re: Your album

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. the sound of animals fighting - this heat

for 7mins 55seconds orso, this song is pretty fantastic up until the point mentioned where some sort of shitty ****ing mechanical noise is introduced for absolutely no reason other than the sake of being art-y or "experimental" and they ruin it with it, if the song had ended at 7min 55~ it would probably be one of the best songs to be released this year, honestly. in no way am i exaggerating when i saw that the mechanical noise actually enrages me to the point of murder, i haven't listened to the song for months because of the utter irritating ********ery (other than just now to remind me properly)

2-x (i need to think about it, i will repost)

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 13:03   #2
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Your album.

You might want to warn people that if they fag up the thread you're gonna keep deleting and re-posting till people stop being such a bunch of gays.

If you don't see your post tagged onto the end of Def's original post and you posted before i guess this means you.

If you have nothing solid to contribute just by-pass.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 12:16   #3
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Aww dace stop fagging up his thread ffs
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 20:31   #4
The_Tyrant
Giddy little...

The_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to all

yeah, thats harsh.

on topic, I think deleting and re-posting threads is poo.
The_Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 23:04   #5
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Try listening to Phil Collins - True Colours. Thats got what your after i think.

Few songs that could be de-fagged:

Coolio - Gangster's Paradise

Just would be so much better with a decent voice singing it without the rapping obviously. Someone like Eric Clapton.

Wurzels - Combine Harvester

Slightly sick and wrong but id like to hear someone like Lemar or a boy band sing this bad boy!
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 00:16   #6
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Gangster's Paradise used to be "Pasttime Paradise" by Stevie Wonder

I like phil collins but id like to see it done by someone less cheesy

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 00:16   #7
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Maybe you should try writing reviews for music albums on Amazon.com. :/

My album is pretty simple. It's a bunch of Smashing Pumpkin songs all played by the original artists, only this time I get to watch them record it in the studio.