User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 17 Feb 2008, 15:44   #1
Kenny

Alliance Fund Contributions

Can we please increase the amount of resources we can donate to our alliance?

As a scanner, I often run out of resources scanning. And if I'm doing a lot in the same tick, the alliance fund has been known to run out too.

Even when I'm able to get people to contribute to the fund to increase resources available, this doesn't always cover it. The result is some scans have to be made the following tick.

I understand why there's a limit to how much an alliance fund can give to a player, and I'm all for keeping that the same way it is. But only being able to put 2 ticks worth of resources out of 24 isn't always enough, especially earlier on in the round or with smaller alliances.

Either increase the number of ticks substantially, or remove the cap to how much you can put into the alliance fund.

You wont be able to abuse this system, because there's also a cap on how much you can get back, so an alliance can't keep your stockpile for you until you need it.

So seeing as there's no harm, and only benefits to come from this, can we maybe see some action on this one?
Unread 17 Feb 2008, 15:49   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Alliance Fund Contributions

Sounds sensible. More freedom of choice is better.

While we're at it, also make it so that people can decide how much tax they pay to their alliance, instead of giving alliance HCs control over their members in the same fashion, and remove the cap on that as well.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2008, 18:30   #3
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Ouch! I don't like the sound of that last one, Mzyxptlk.

It can be hard enough to keep track of the people who "freeload" on the back of the "honest taxpaying majority" as it is. Imagine how much tougher it would be to ensure that everyone was being treated equally if you had to check each individual tax rate.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2008, 18:50   #4
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas
Ouch! I don't like the sound of that last one, Mzyxptlk.

It can be hard enough to keep track of the people who "freeload" on the back of the "honest taxpaying majority" as it is. Imagine how much tougher it would be to ensure that everyone was being treated equally if you had to check each individual tax rate.
At the moment you see a list of players and either yes/no as to whether they pay their tax. The change would be to see what percentage of their income they pay. If members aren't paying enough, they can be asked to increase their contributions, in the same way they can be asked to give tax yes/no.

But that's not the idea I put forth, so rather than let it get lost and ignored, what's your thoughts on that ArcChas?
Unread 17 Feb 2008, 20:03   #5
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Your alliance is either very poor or you are doing TOO many scans a tick.

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2008, 20:05   #6
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
Your alliance is either very poor or you are doing TOO many scans a tick.
I'm a hard worker
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 14:52   #7
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
But that's not the idea I put forth, so rather than let it get lost and ignored, what's your thoughts on that ArcChas?
I don't have any particularly strong views on your original idea - but if you insist..........

I can't say that I've found the current limits to be too onerous but, like you, I don't think that increasing them would hurt anything - as long as it isn't overdone.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 14:57   #8
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

I almost forgot my other point.....

ATM it's possible to see the contribution record of all taxpayers and it's easy to see if they missed any payments. It would be (almost) impossible to check the rate they'd been paying at.

Although it should be possible to add that information to the report.
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 17:35   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Pro the original suggestion anyways. It was quite annoying at the start not being able to just donate enough resources for a scanner to do the scans that were needed.

Separately

Quote:
Maybe being in an alliance where people don't trust each other isn't actually a great idea anyways.
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 18:59   #10
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I believe these rules came about because a certain alliance had lots of planets in tag early on saving up resources donating them all in tag, then they'd leave and the 'hidden' out of tag guys came in and used all the resources (or similar).

Increasing the max tax rate to say 10% is possible though - and it's more likely to be used long term, i guess.
I'll try and look at the other thing though.
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 02:13   #11
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I don't have a problem with the current system as it is, and I think increasing the tax level to 10 instead of 5 would take care of your problem anyways.
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 11:04   #12
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I don't have a problem with the current system as it is, and I think increasing the tax level to 10 instead of 5 would take care of your problem anyways.
Not really.

Planet 1 joins the tag, joins up for tax, gets 20k resources per tick - 1k resources a tick lost @ 5%.

Planet 3 is in the tag, gets 60k resources per tick - 3k resources a tick lost @ 5%.

Smudges plan (apologies for hi-jacking, will create a secondary thread if needed) :

DYNAMIC FUND CONTRIBUTIONS!

Caps on tax at different thresholds, ie 0 - 100k pay x%, 101k - 250k pay y%, 251k - 750k pay z% etc etc
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 11:11   #13
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
Not really.

Planet 1 joins the tag, joins up for tax, gets 20k resources per tick - 1k resources a tick lost @ 5%.

Planet 3 is in the tag, gets 60k resources per tick - 3k resources a tick lost @ 5%.

Smudges plan (apologies for hi-jacking, will create a secondary thread if needed) :

DYNAMIC FUND CONTRIBUTIONS!

Caps on tax at different thresholds, ie 0 - 100k pay x%, 101k - 250k pay y%, 251k - 750k pay z% etc etc
gb2polsci.

Support the original suggestion. Fund limits are lame.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 13:54   #14
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Maybe being in an alliance where people don't trust each other isn't actually a great idea anyways.
Agreed - hence my reference to the "honest majority". If only we lived in a world where everyone could be trusted not to try to take advantage of others.

My "interest" in this thread is mainly based around the need to be able to identify those who don't "play the game" - so that I can remove them.
Unread 25 Feb 2008, 21:59   #15
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

3 ticks (50% more than it is currently) should be enough and wouldn't be abusable.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote