User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 30 Jul 2006, 19:31   #1
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
Cov-Op ranking change

This round Im playing as a semi-dedicated cov-op planet [as you attackers to 1:1 know ] and I've had a thought about cov-op rankings. As it stands at the moment, people are ranked on the amount of successful covert-ops performed. What my idea is that there ranked on the TYPE of successes. As a guide XP is given out as follows in the formula :

Hacking: Science Database = 1
Network Charting = 2
Exploding Fist = 3
Sabotage = 4
Information Blackout = 5
Resource Stealing = 6
Havoc = 7

What I'd like to see is that the ranking is given out on a scale which means its the type AND quantity of successful actions performed as opposed to just the sheer quantity.

Ideas please!
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2006, 20:13   #2
SpaceMonkey
Warden
Reactor Champion

SpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Cov-Op ranking change

It should not be like that because the type of operation is not proportional to the difficulty, for example Sabotage only requires 5 agents but Network Charting takes 15. Why should we score twice as much for performing an operation with a third of the risk?

It might also make it easier to find out who has performed a successful operation on you (by the increase in score) but I suppose this could be a good thing, not sure on that.

I think the rating should be more based around the number of successes and failures and/or the difficulty of the operation i.e. number of agents used. Maybe something as simple as

score = successes - failures

would be better, either by number of operations or agents used.
SpaceMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote