User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 20 Jul 2010, 12:23   #51
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough
Re: Congratulations Evolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Shouldnt they work on addressing that problem though? rather than ignoring it, so they can get a better shot at #1 and not fold as soon as war comes (and they get activly targeted).
I think you should be addressing yourself and your problems. I meen seriously, with being such a great smartass and all, wtf have you ever really done good in this game apart from being a good laugh? And that's not cause you pull off funny jokes or anything...
Unread 20 Jul 2010, 12:53   #52
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly View Post
I think you should be addressing yourself and your problems. I meen seriously, with being such a great smartass and all, wtf have you ever really done good in this game apart from being a good laugh? And that's not cause you pull off funny jokes or anything...
One does not need to be perfect in order to correctly criticize others. See also here.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2010, 13:24   #53
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
Round 25 ND kept Byrney out of tag til the end. Yeah wasn't last tick, but almost. (Also that is what ruined his chance to win!)

ps. Not condoning what went down with the round "win" .......just saying!
Whereas byrney was actually an ND player the whole round who was not intag the same does not apply to dunkelgraf.
Unread 20 Jul 2010, 17:46   #54
Firebird

True enough but the point here is without all the other work Dunkel would have counted for nothing, and if the boot was on the other foot they wouldn't be complaining
Unread 20 Jul 2010, 18:17   #55
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
True enough but the point here is without all the other work Dunkel would have counted for nothing, and if the boot was on the other foot they wouldn't be complaining
I think you missed the point where ND declined to beg dunkelgraf to join their tag.

My opinion has always been that wins this narrow are effectively meaningless anyways so I didn't care then and I don't care now.
Unread 20 Jul 2010, 18:59   #56
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Whereas byrney was actually an ND player the whole round who was not intag the same does not apply to dunkelgraf.
No, sorry, that wasn't the point.
Unread 20 Jul 2010, 19:02   #57
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
No, sorry, that wasn't the point.
I'm pretty sure dragonking would have been of a different opinion had dunkelgraf actually been some evolution planet who'd stayed out of tag the whole round as opposed to someone who joined a tag just to see if he could make them win. So yes, it was.
Unread 20 Jul 2010, 21:00   #58
Firebird

Tbh if they have 100 planets for def and have napped the whole uni and it comes down to 300k in score that separated them they did not deserve the win. Thats my opinion
Unread 20 Jul 2010, 21:21   #59
JonnyBGood
Banned

I don't think alliances with the letter "p" in their names deserve the win.
Unread 20 Jul 2010, 21:44   #60
Firebird

I think A is a better bet
Unread 20 Jul 2010, 21:51   #61
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I don't think alliances with the letter "p" in their names deserve the win.
hmmm pEvolution? :P

Anyways, what firebird said, namely:

Quote:
Tbh if they have 100 planets for def and have napped the whole uni and it comes down to 300k in score that separated them they did not deserve the win. Thats my opinion
I agree with. However, I can understand that they feel a bit backside bummed by Evo, as we used the add-PLAYERID-lasttick-trick. But at the end it comes down that we should not have stood a chance at the last day!

Anyways my two cents. For me teh discussion is over now. All feel free to discuss any further, but atm the Evolution win is history. Time to make some new history!
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2010, 21:53   #62
JonnyBGood
Banned

The Evolution win is right/deserved or however you want to put it. They finished #1 and didn't cheat. However, in general, whining about how the alliance which narrowly finished #2 didn't deserve to win is just so ****ing laughable and bitter it's beyond credibility.
Unread 20 Jul 2010, 22:30   #63
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The Evolution win is right/deserved or however you want to put it. They finished #1 and didn't cheat. However, in general, whining about how the alliance which narrowly finished #2 didn't deserve to win is just so ****ing laughable and bitter it's beyond credibility.
In your opinion. Right?
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2010, 22:36   #64
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio View Post
In your opinion. Right?
No, I'm pretty sure everyone is laughing at people who feel so insecure about themselves that they have to insist an alliance which didn't actually win the round didn't deserve to win the round. I think that's a new one even for PA, which, to be fair, after 40 odd rounds is fairly impressive.
Unread 21 Jul 2010, 00:06   #65
Firebird

As i said my own opinion were all entitled to them.
Unread 21 Jul 2010, 00:15   #66
JonnyBGood
Banned

And, if you're posting on AD, you're expected to be able to discuss and defend them as opposed to resorting to pointlessly retarded "it's my opinion lol" remarks. Otherwise the forum would be called "Alliance Statements" instead of "Alliance Discussions".
Unread 21 Jul 2010, 07:39   #67
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
And, if you're posting on AD, you're expected to be able to discuss and defend them as opposed to resorting to pointlessly retarded "it's my opinion lol" remarks. Otherwise the forum would be called "Alliance Statements" instead of "Alliance Discussions".
I would like Alliance statements section, blog for alliances to share their hearings.

After all Alliances are mostly keeping the game alive by bringing/educating new players, they deserve some good threathment and own sections in the game/forums/portal.
Unread 21 Jul 2010, 07:52   #68
Firebird

More than happy to discuss them but, I have already stated my reason for the opinion so feel free to pick at that.
Unread 21 Jul 2010, 12:24   #69
RaZeR

RaZeR is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done everyone
Great game ND, and, IMO, a fittingly close finish... I'd just like to address a couple of minor issues
1) our 4 NAPs. 1 was to CT, who were doing their own thing after we took down asc anyway, we could have dropped that and I doubt it would have made a difference against ND. Another was to xVx, who had 7 planets, and AFAIK didn't do much if anything for us all round, one of their members even defended against us on the last day. Osiris were helping us all round long, and big thanks to them. However, come the last days, they were focusing on planet ranks, and therefore hitting asc, NOT helping us against ND directly. So essentially the final push was Evo and App (with a few planets from subh and ODDR) against ND, not exactly 5-6 alliances vs 1...

2) The tagging of dunkel... Yeah it's not a great way to win, but it's still a win. We would have lost by 56k points without that. Coincidentally, if we'd defended vdm against Hasu instead of having a go at the asc lolwave on Bee, that would have been a swing of about 110k points, therefore giving us the win again... Plus things like the crashes of vimzzz and rednek, and from the other perspective, def crashed on lordn etc, this was a round that could very easily have gone either way at any point, and to pick out one event as the decider is perhaps a little unfair

Anyway, thanks to everyone for a great round, despite the single targetting, and I hope they're as close in the future
RaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2010, 12:31   #70
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That was probably the most reasonable post on the subject thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZeR View Post
to pick out one event as the decider is perhaps a little unfair
A lot of straw on the camel's back.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2010, 13:46   #71
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
More than happy to discuss them but, I have already stated my reason for the opinion so feel free to pick at that.
Why would a win which involved NAPing a number of alliances be so bad? Evolution had a number of NAPs as well. In fact evolution weren't targeted at all either late or early round. Why are they so much more deserving*? Why does the number of planets they have make a difference? As we all know ND have a higher number of newer players intag than most of the other top-ranked alliances. Even so why would this make a difference? They're not breaking any rules by doing so. They played within the rules and almost won the round, and but for a huge number of what were thought to be relatively minor incidents would have done so. Accept this, move on with your life and stop whining on AD.

*I'm not ****ing saying they're undeserving for the love of ****ing god don't reply to me arguing about this.
Unread 21 Jul 2010, 16:04   #72
Firebird

I have tbh i couldn't care less now i achieved my aim which was to not let nd win so i am happy.
Unread 21 Jul 2010, 18:24   #73
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I have tbh i couldn't care less now i achieved my aim which was to not let nd win so i am happy.
Listen to your mother kids. Aim low. Aim so low nobody will care if you succeed.
Unread 23 Jul 2010, 10:49   #74
jermain

jermain is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: Congratulations Evolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZeR View Post
Well done everyone
Great game ND, and, IMO, a fittingly close finish... I'd just like to address a couple of minor issues
1) our 4 NAPs. 1 was to CT, who were doing their own thing after we took down asc anyway, we could have dropped that and I doubt it would have made a difference against ND. Another was to xVx, who had 7 planets, and AFAIK didn't do much if anything for us all round, one of their members even defended against us on the last day. Osiris were helping us all round long, and big thanks to them. However, come the last days, they were focusing on planet ranks, and therefore hitting asc, NOT helping us against ND directly. So essentially the final push was Evo and App (with a few planets from subh and ODDR) against ND, not exactly 5-6 alliances vs 1...

2) The tagging of dunkel... Yeah it's not a great way to win, but it's still a win. We would have lost by 56k points without that. Coincidentally, if we'd defended vdm against Hasu instead of having a go at the asc lolwave on Bee, that would have been a swing of about 110k points, therefore giving us the win again... Plus things like the crashes of vimzzz and rednek, and from the other perspective, def crashed on lordn etc, this was a round that could very easily have gone either way at any point, and to pick out one event as the decider is perhaps a little unfair

Anyway, thanks to everyone for a great round, despite the single targetting, and I hope they're as close in the future
Nice post Razer, pretty much sums up the win.

Btw JBG, your posts are like elevator music, slowly fading into the background............................................
jermain is offline   Reply With Quote