User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Aug 2003, 17:23   #1
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
nice easy question for any of you lot...

Does anyone know how to/where to get a list of the keys presses you need to get the special characters by pressing Alt and the numberpad? eg Alt +184 on numberpad gives ©
i know there is a name for this set of special charachters, but i cant remember it, and therefore cant google it

anyone...
roadrunner_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 17:25   #2
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
like http://www.csun.edu/itr/guides/ascii-chart.html

?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 17:27   #3
plasmas_arms
Banned

plasmas_arms is an unknown quantity at this point
Google: Extended ASCII chart/code/set
plasmas_arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 17:27   #4
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Start > Programs > Accessories > Character Map ?
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 17:27   #5
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
yeah, something like that, only more extensive, as i know you can also get 1/4 and 1/2 signs and things, but i cant remember where they are

queball: do you know where to get that in a printable format where it tells you the ALT shortcuts for those symbols? as characher map doesnt seem to
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 17:30   #6
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
Start > Programs > Accessories > Character Map ?
system tools for me.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 17:37   #7
roadrunner_0
cynic

yeah, but the one in the system tools doesnt give me the shortcuts, just the ability to put in the characher, and i am not looking for that
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 17:46   #8
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
When you hover over a character it gives a tooltip, or when you select a character the status bar changes, or something. I haven't used it in ages.
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 17:52   #9
roadrunner_0
cynic

yeah, but i want a printable version, and, the shortcuts it suggest when i hover dont actually work, which is a tad strange
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 17:59   #10
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
When you hover over a character it gives a tooltip, or when you select a character the status bar changes, or something. I haven't used it in ages.
it used to give ascii key presses but just tried and mine only gives (what i think is) unicode
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 18:00   #11
queball
Ball

downgrade then

http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/di...5380030707.gif
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 18:05   #12
roadrunner_0
cynic

heh, pld
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 19:02   #13
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
You ****ing lazy twat, this cost me half a second of my life to google for:
http://www.cdrummond.qc.ca/cegep/inf...iles/ascii.htm
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 09:12   #14
roadrunner_0
cynic

yeah, but its not right though, and not exhaustive either
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 09:53   #15
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
¼½¾ are alt+0188/0189/0190

always remember those ones
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 10:21   #16
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
My keyboard doesn't seem to like key-combinations.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 10:36   #17
BarbieKen

Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
yeah, but the one in the system tools doesnt give me the shortcuts, just the ability to put in the characher, and i am not looking for that
Yes it does.
®®

U+00AE

Unicode
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 11:25   #18
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.google.com/search?q=alt%20codes

if u are too lazy to use that. then heres a few pages that have listings of alt codes.

http://www.assaulter.net/df/pages/altcodes.php
http://webpages.charter.net/versaitle/alt.html
http://www.porticeprojects.com/alt_code.html
http://www.huntelhub.com/resources/alt.htm
http://www.cotse.com/altcodes.html
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 11:53   #19
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
queball wins 'top bloke of the hour' award for not only linking to Dilbert, but for linking to THAT Dilbert

(note: i have 23 dilbert books, how many do YOU have? )

edit: yesterday's was good too
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 16:42   #20
W
Gubbish

Quote:
yeah, but its not right though, and not exhaustive either
It's both right AND exhaustive. This is the official extended ascii chart. Just cause these chars don't display properly in your microsoft-encoded font means squatt.
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 17:14   #21
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by W
It's both right AND exhaustive. This is the official extended ascii chart. Just cause these chars don't display properly in your microsoft-encoded font means squatt.
Haven't you heard? Microsoft is the evul monopoly that ignores standards and renders them irrelevant.

Resistance is futile. Etc
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 15:25   #22
roadrunner_0
cynic

its NOT exhaustive, due to the fact that there are some characters that i can get that are NOT on that list, so
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 20:50   #23
W
Gubbish

Quote:
its NOT exhaustive, due to the fact that there are some characters that i can get that are NOT on that list, so
So you want a list of how each ascii character displays in each and every font ever made?

You're dumb.
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 20:53   #24
queball
Ball

What even uses ASCII/"Extended ASCII" these days?
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 01:59   #25
W
Gubbish

Quote:
What even uses ASCII/"Extended ASCII" these days?
Everyone uses parts of it. the numeric value of the "A" char for instance, is pretty much always 65
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 16:11   #26
warrmr

warrmr is an unknown quantity at this point
alt + 0178 = ²
alt + 0147 = “
alt + 0179 = ³
alt + 0170 = ª
warrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 16:16   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by warrmr
alt + 0178 = ²
alt + 0147 = “
alt + 0179 = ³
alt + 0170 = ª
Lets list them all here!

0054 = 6
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 16:28   #28
queball
Ball

0095 = _
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 16:33   #29
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Phang
queball wins 'top bloke of the hour' award for not only linking to Dilbert, but for linking to THAT Dilbert

Do I win anything for linking to this?
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 16:45   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The best dilbert remains the

Dogbert (Holding what looks like a dowling rod): I've created a device to identify human stupidity. What I do is I point it at people.

Dilbert: And then what happens?

Dogbert: Why would it need to do anything else?

Or words to that effect.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 15:53   #31
roadrunner_0
cynic

Quote:
Originally posted by W
So you want a list of how each ascii character displays in each and every font ever made?

You're dumb.

no, just a general characher set that lists all of the common charachters, not one of the sets so far has listed the same things in the same way, and each set shows some different ones, now, i have actually got the charachters that i wanted out of the sets that have been posted, i just wondered if there was one that sort of, combined all those sets into one nice easy to look through table or something.
so your dumb, not me
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 15:56   #32
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Three box comic strips have never been funny. And never will be.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 16:41   #33
roadrunner_0
cynic

it depends on wether they are calvin and hobbes or not really.