User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Jul 2003, 13:59   #1
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Terminator 3

Has anybody seen this yet? I want to know if its any good.
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 15:04   #2
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
how

can they have another film when they finshed the story in the last film? that spoils it

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 16:39   #3
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: how

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
can they have another film when they finshed the story in the last film? that spoils it
Yes, I'm interested in that.

Think the ending of Terminator 2 was very short sighted though, it makes for one great story, humans vs machines after a nuclear holocaust etc, dont see why the wanted to kill it off so soon, heh.
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 17:12   #4
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point
actually I thought it was pretty good.
worse than the first one, better than the secnd one.
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 18:07   #5
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
I thought it blew ass, but that's my opinion.

Without giving anything away, the storyline is about how Connor survives judgement day.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 19:25   #6
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai

Without giving anything away, the storyline is about how Connor survives judgement day.
Which, of course, nicely gives the only real item of suspense away. Well done.

I thought the first hour was choppy and weak, it could not decide if it was an action film or violent comedy. They also seemed to be trying to earn a PG rating.

Then about an hour in, the movie took on a much darker tone, and went back to being good old Restricted. Certainly ended well, and I was also impressed at how Arnie was somewhat less central to the story than he was in the first two. They set it up so that there could be a Terminator 4 without Arnie in it.

My opinion? if you were a fan of the series so far, then 7 out of 10. Missing the dark evil of the first one and the 'wow' factor of the second one, but that happens to all SFX blockbuster sequels, matrix II being the perfect example.

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 21:06   #7
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
i dont like austrians tryin to become governour

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 06:25   #8
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Vermillion
Which, of course, nicely gives the only real item of suspense away. Well done.

They showed nukes going off in the trailers, which gives away the whole movie right there. 90% of movies now give away all the plot twists in the ads, and it's really starting to annoy me.

I remember one movie came out a while ago, "Swim Fan", not one I was interested in watching anyways, but the trailer was literally a summary of the entire movie, if you saw that there was absolutely no need to see the movie itself.

It's insane I tell you!

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 11:39   #9
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Must admit, I was surprised, and pleased, that they managed to tie the plot in with the end of the 2nd film without making it sound too 'desperate'

And the ending was nice and open, leaving room for Terminator 4 somewhere down the line, which is almost certain to happen.
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 15:25   #10
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
They showed nukes going off in the trailers, which gives away the whole movie right there. 90% of movies now give away all the plot twists in the ads, and it's really starting to annoy me.
They showed nukes going off in the trailed for T2 as well, does not necessarily gve the plot away

However, I do agree with your point. In fact, I occasionally rant about the stupidity of trailers and ads ruining fils. Consider T2 for a moment:

The movie was set up so that for the first half hour, you had no idea Arnie was a good guy. The T1000 never killed anyone (visibly, he seemed to be just another Reese) and it would have been a wonderful shock when the reality was realised. Except of course all that was given away by the trailers.

Best trailed? batman the original, just a huge roling batsymbol and then jack Nicholson saying "Wait until they gat a load of me..." thats it. Classic trailed, showed nothing at all, everyone wanted to see the movie.

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 22:54   #11
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Well I've just finished watching it and its suprisingly good, after a short while you forget that Arnie looks 100 years old. I recommend it to any fans of the other two. As said before they do manage to tie the story in reasonably well to the orginals and leave it open at the end for large bang bangs in T4 \o/

Unread 9 Jul 2003, 10:19   #12
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Vermillion

Best trailed? batman the original, just a huge roling batsymbol and then jack Nicholson saying "Wait until they gat a load of me..." thats it. Classic trailed, showed nothing at all, everyone wanted to see the movie.
Trailer....

and I thought the first Matrix (teaser) trailer was pretty good.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote