User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 May 2004, 13:17   #51
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about
Re: Phraktos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs
tbh, we have learnt from our mistakes, going to war with Fang i was not sure if we was going to win, but i surly never expected this to happen, i know we was bad but i never expected in a million years something like this would happen to phraktos.

Going to war with Fang was not our mistake, as i see it we needed a better structure (Obviusly), I am glad we showed our bad weakness this round, we are a new alliance which has learnt by its mistakes, and will be back next round, Phraktos will keep on playing, there is no point in just giving up so easy, I know not as many ppl will prolly WANT to join us after what happened this round, but we can only improve if we keep trying/playing and learning from our mistakes each round, if any thing im glad Fang and Mistu killed us this round, if it happened next round due to what ever politics and we died in the begining for the same reasons, then there goes another bad round for alot of people. We are just lucky it happened at the end of round (forgeting politics).

We can only keep trying, we can only improve, and i don't hate Fang and Mistu for killing us, infact me personaly (even some others won't) thank both Fang and Mistu for killing us at the end of round, so we are now working on improvements for next round .
You still think phrak is the best alliance of the round?
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 13:26   #52
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
You still think phrak is the best alliance of the round?
You still think FAnG are?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 13:27   #53
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar

Why not - thy deserve one round as top dogs

Outside of that already stated I hought VisioN did well.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 10 May 2004, 14:15   #54
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

LEFF|pm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Actually Fury was the best one... How could we forget...
LEFF|pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 14:24   #55
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFF|pm
Actually Fury was the best one... How could we forget...
Who said anything about Fury?

The point I'm making, whilst ignoring your monumentaly pathetic answer, is that we all think our own alliances are the best so Rumad mocking Dogs is a bit like me saying "Pack pwns FAnG" and you saying "oh, no it doesn't" in comedy christmas pantomime fashion.

Get your head out of your arse and the chip off your shoulder.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 10 May 2004, 14:34   #56
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
this round? yes

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 14:41   #57
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
this round? yes
hehe

Again, the point I'm making as it has been shown in other threads is that "the best alliance" is purely subjective and depends entirely on personal views of what makes a good alliance. Theres no point going through it all again in this thread as there is another perfectly boring post elsewhere. Point was you can't diss people for thier own personal views.

Quote:

Last edited by mazzelaar; 10 May 2004 at 14:45. Reason: spell0ring
Unread 10 May 2004, 14:49   #58
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
hehe

Again, the point I'm making as it has been shown in other threads is that "the best alliance" is purely subjective and depends entirely on personal views of what makes a good alliance. Theres no point going through it all again in this thread as there is another perfectly boring post elsewhere. Point was you can't diss people for thier own personal views.
I agree, but I didn't dish anyone hehe. I replied my opinion

FA Gaming community

Unread 10 May 2004, 14:55   #59
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Actually FAnG has 100 members so won't be taking anyone in as you put it.
FAnG may well have 100 members, but that doesn't prevent them from taking on extra members. It would be easy enough for people to become FAnG 'members' for the remainder of this round, assuming full FAnG membership once R11 starts (taking the place of existing members who drop out). Alternatively FAnG could drop some of its smaller planets (scanners, cov op people etc.) to make way for some high-scoring Phraktos members who will boost FAnG's average score.

Of course, if FAnG don't take any Phraktos people in, this means they will go to Mistu. I for one can't understand why FAnG would allow perfectly good targets to join Mistu, but then the minds of FAnG command have always been something of a mystery to me

Quote:
Phraktos have been arrogant and hard to work with all round. They have made decisions on how strong and stable they were as an alliance. Yet its a first round alliance. They made a decision and expected everyone to love them for thee actions and all they did was commit suicide. Staying in the blokc wasn't the cowards way out it was the nly ay out with the way the round is structured.
Phraktos may be a 'new' alliance, but many of its members and command have been playing PA for over 2 years. They're not exactly the latest newbie alliance from the high clusters; they should be as professional and well-prepared as anyone else. Besides, Mistu is also a new alliance and yet doesn't seem to have the same problems (or if they do, I've not heard about them).

Quote:
However arrogance and a belief they were better than what they were led to there own collapse.
I don't think it's arrogant to try to win. It might have been arrogant to plan so badly for it, but I think they deserve credit for at least trying to start a war.

Quote:
There will be no final battle betwen FAnG and MISTU - we have co operation has been good all round and I would not expec that to be dissapated with some actions against each other.
Why on earth not? The position of undisputed round winner is up for grabs, and it's entirely possible that neither alliance will ever get that chance again. Surely the possibility of a rare and historic victory would motivate their members and command for one last war?

The only plausible reason to avoid war is in order to maintain good relations for round 11. In my opinion this is a stupid idea, because, as I said before, it's entirely possible that neither alliance will win round 11 or any other round for that matter. Now is the best chance they'll ever have.

Quote:
Unfotunately rob you way off the mark with this post apart from that phraktos believed everyone would love them and in fact it hasn't happned.
Phraktos certainly shouldn't have expected help from anyone else, but they could have at least tried to make some kind of coalition against FM. As I said, if they had moved sooner then they might have stood a better chance, as there would have been other reasonably strong alliances out there with something to play for, and therefore a reason for cooperating with Phraktos.

Quote:
if they had laid the foundations correctly and done this a the correct time they would have stood a better chance, but they never. Then they backstabbed WP by allowing them to be roided by allis who never wanted them in in the first place. They have completely and positivey lacked and strategic vision in there attempt to break up the block and wre hoping for far more bad feeling towards fang having a big impact in turning the tide for them.

I think Phraktos wont be here next round and thats a shame for its members. Still alliance turnover can only be healthy for the alliances that remain.
I totally agree with these points. Phraktos have played their hand badly, and that's a bad thing for their members. I think what we disagree on is what Phraktos should have done instead - I believe that the war was a good idea executed badly, you believe it was a bad idea on any terms.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 15:22   #60
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Maybe...did you lose 13345 Elaphe and 6068 Viperadae? :P
Yes =d I would have owned like 1.7k of colt's cr too... but I told him that I was sending my 3.6k imps at him eta 1 because I'm noob and didn't know that he still had time to run his fleet. :-/
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 15:36   #61
Bu||seye
Carebear

Bu||seye is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
Yes I'm playing this round.
Dust of your crosses, Satan is back in the game!
Unread 10 May 2004, 16:02   #62
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

LEFF|pm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Who said anything about Fury?

The point I'm making, whilst ignoring your monumentaly pathetic answer, is that we all think our own alliances are the best so Rumad mocking Dogs is a bit like me saying "Pack pwns FAnG" and you saying "oh, no it doesn't" in comedy christmas pantomime fashion.

Get your head out of your arse and the chip off your shoulder.

Well, only an arrogant ignoramus would consider his alliance as "the best of the round" while losing a war. If you did not win a round, some circumstances lead to another alliance being better then you... for whatever reason you may come up with.
Last round the ecl-block was better then FAnG and we never declined this. We just argued about the reasons.

The point I am making whilst rectifying your naive answer, is that you just saw a FAnG-post and flamed it without deliberating over the question what actually to say.
And if you cant stand self-congratolatory postings any longer after being with Fury for several rounds, I can really understand this, but maybe "alliance-discussions" is not the right board for you then.
This is the place where alliances argue, compare, and get compared.

ah... and btw:

FAnG pwns Pack
LEFF|pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 16:19   #63
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshih
Yes =d I would have owned like 1.7k of colt's cr too... but I told him that I was sending my 3.6k imps at him eta 1 because I'm noob and didn't know that he still had time to run his fleet. :-/
Hehehe.... well you nicely knocked me out of the game from then until now (finally managed to get my FR back up to a worthy standard).

So you managed to save a few planets from being attacked by me.
You also let me get more sleep. Thanks
Unread 10 May 2004, 16:47   #64
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Well, only an arrogant ignoramus would consider his alliance as "the best of the round" while losing a war. If you did not win a round, some circumstances lead to another alliance being better then you... for whatever reason you may come up with.
Cretin.

I rate Vsn as probably the best alliance of this round with ND a close second, I shan't go through the reasons as they have been discussed elsewhere. But by your logic they can't be because they didn't win. Says whole bunch about the FAnG mentality tbh.

Quote:
ah... and btw:

FAnG pwns Pack
And that is hardly a claim to fame

EDIT - On another note you have really got to get that Fury chip off your shoulder. I don't, never have, never will strike similarities between Fury and anything this round. To do so would be pointless. More to the point answering every single post I make with some anti-fury arse is just making you look even more bitter than we all know you are.

Quote:
Unread 10 May 2004, 17:11   #65
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob

1) FAnG may well have 100 members, but that doesn't prevent them from taking on extra members. It would be easy enough for people to become FAnG 'members' for the remainder of this round, assuming full FAnG membership once R11 starts (taking the place of existing members who drop out). Alternatively FAnG could drop some of its smaller planets (scanners, cov op people etc.) to make way for some high-scoring Phraktos members who will boost FAnG's average score.

Of course, if FAnG don't take any Phraktos people in, this means they will go to Mistu. I for one can't understand why FAnG would allow perfectly good targets to join Mistu, but then the minds of FAnG command have always been something of a mystery to me

2) Phraktos may be a 'new' alliance, but many of its members and command have been playing PA for over 2 years. They're not exactly the latest newbie alliance from the high clusters; they should be as professional and well-prepared as anyone else. Besides, Mistu is also a new alliance and yet doesn't seem to have the same problems (or if they do, I've not heard about them).

3) I don't think it's arrogant to try to win. It might have been arrogant to plan so badly for it, but I think they deserve credit for at least trying to start a war.

4) Why on earth not? The position of undisputed round winner is up for grabs, and it's entirely possible that neither alliance will ever get that chance again. Surely the possibility of a rare and historic victory would motivate their members and command for one last war?

5) The only plausible reason to avoid war is in order to maintain good relations for round 11. In my opinion this is a stupid idea, because, as I said before, it's entirely possible that neither alliance will win round 11 or any other round for that matter. Now is the best chance they'll ever have.

6) Phraktos certainly shouldn't have expected help from anyone else, but they could have at least tried to make some kind of coalition against FM. As I said, if they had moved sooner then they might have stood a better chance, as there would have been other reasonably strong alliances out there with something to play for, and therefore a reason for cooperating with Phraktos.

7) I totally agree with these points. Phraktos have played their hand badly, and that's a bad thing for their members. I think what we disagree on is what Phraktos should have done instead - I believe that the war was a good idea executed badly, you believe it was a bad idea on any terms.
Will adress this point by point:

1) Elysium proved last round that taking defectors isn't always the bes policy. Long term the majoity of ship jumpers have nothing to offer FAnG as an alliance. As such we will not take ship jumpers on oard in any geat quantity - or protect them. What MISTU d si MISTU's decision, but we need roids and thast wha they are now - allianceless roids

2) Majority of new alliances are experienced players. However you need to "bed down" as an alliance before you can class yourself as stable. FAnG has had its fair share of ups and downs, but the base has remained no matter what has happene in the alliance. Phraktos was on your side of the opinion, but in reality the ship jumpers and the lack of loyalty to stay and die sort of proves my argument. They are a collection of people rather than an alliance.

Histroy is littered with these sort of alliances as yu well know.

3) it was extremely arogant to plan so badly for such an imporant war. I think there HC planning must have been the worst I have ever known for a war, but then again they wren't the original HC that started the round. Its arrogant to try and win against those that you know are of a equal or greater strength. Its arrogance to "assume" you have massive public support for your efforts. It arogance to assume that no matter what odds are against you have what it takes to take them all down.

4) whats the value in it for our aliances? We have good working relaionships and nough people hate FAnG now. Why tun n a trustd and loyal ally?

5) Who knows what he politics wil be next round - we have to awit and se I guess - pa is gtting smaller so I doubt we wil reconstruct the same sort of ally again - we want a fair fight and thats what we will aim for next round - a fair fight

6) MISTU did side with us because they saw no reason to break commitments made. Phraktos did something because they thought PR wise they would become the hero's of pa - which they would have done if they had done this 3 weeks ago. However, they assumd that they woul get tose co ops and they just didn't. I think they expected to squarm the universe against FAnG and it hasn't gone like that. Call it bad planning or arrogance or whatever you want, but at the end of the day they have suicided there memerships round for the lack of planning they have done. No attempt to work out what there control was like in the galacxies or hether the members could get them to leave FAnG in game. All of that needed sorting BEFORE any decision would be made. If they did they would realise that most gals have 50% Phrak - 50% FAnG with the casting vote usually belonging to MISTU. Thats an important statistic which needs to be worked out and worked on before any declaration of war even takes place.

could any coalition work? Not really - it never worked well fr FAnG round 7 and we had the whole universe working with us, could it work 4 rounds later? I dont think so.

7) under current conditions and with the allies structured as it was none of the 3 aliances can efefctively break away. Its not m just saying that for ease or bcause we are cowards, but because of th 50-50 nature of the gals it meant galaxies were ripped to shreds. the secon part I am glad you agree - ther lack of planning was quite spectacular - should be up there with some of the other spectacular flops like sedition and legends
Proud to be Independent
Unread 10 May 2004, 17:43   #66
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Mazz - while VSN was indeed an effective force in creating the tiniest glimpse of competition in this round, I lost a little respect when a few of their members pulled from touri immediately before we landed the second wave on his planet, and when the same thing happened with a rock attack on 5:10(?) early last week. There's also the whole napping phraktos without telling Ely or FYTFO, but thats another story.

I do think their command is very good at what they do, and they're able to mobilize and use their members quite effectively, I just disagree with some of their decisions.
Unread 10 May 2004, 17:49   #67
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
4) whats the value in it for our aliances? We have good working relaionships and nough people hate FAnG now. Why tun n a trustd and loyal ally?
What's in it for FAnG is the chance to win a round alone, something that is very unlikely to ever happen again. The only reason that good working relationships are valuable is if you plan to make use of those relationships next round, but if you stay allied to Mistu then it's highly likely that the remaining alliances will gang up in order to stop you winning again next round. Enough people may hate FAnG now, but even more will hate FAnG if they choose to value future agreements over the chance to prove their strength now, when it really matters.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
Unread 10 May 2004, 17:49   #68
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
I lost a little respect when a few of their members pulled from touri immediately before we landed the second wave on his planet, and when the same thing happened with a rock attack on 5:10(?) early last week.
2 attacks dont represent an alliance

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 17:56   #69
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

No - but members do. Its cool, no hard feelings or all that, just a little let down.
Unread 10 May 2004, 18:19   #70
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshih
hmm, hehe, my hades were actually out defending when you attacked, although, just beofre you told me, i was deabting whether to leave my Cerbs at home or onot, afterall, didnt want to be surprised :P
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 19:25   #71
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
What's in it for FAnG is the chance to win a round alone, something that is very unlikely to ever happen again. The only reason that good working relationships are valuable is if you plan to make use of those relationships next round, but if you stay allied to Mistu then it's highly likely that the remaining alliances will gang up in order to stop you winning again next round. Enough people may hate FAnG now, but even more will hate FAnG if they choose to value future agreements over the chance to prove their strength now, when it really matters.
I dissagree there. Tbh I think there's no alliance out there that didn't express their undying endless hatred towards FAnG. If we go fight MISTU now then well, that would mean us throwing away the last alliance that still liked us.
This round was won by FMP and more specifically by FM (though credits go partly to phraktos for a good round uptill here).
We always said we play to win. We did win this round and tbh I don't mind to share that with MISTU, neither do I think they'd mind sharing it with FAnG. There hasn't been a single alliance victory over the past 4 rounds nway (last one was an obvious victory for Fury r7). Infact if you look at the score gap atm, it's further appart then any score gap from r8 till now so tbh, I'm quite happy with what we achieved.
And if pple claim we didn't show how strong we would be, then all I can say is that we've proven our strength in the past on multiple rounds and fact that we didn't now is more a blame towards the enemies then a blame towards FAnG.

Mazzelaar, I agree that Vision and ND played a decent round. It's not a surprise cause they were good alliances last round aswell. Nonetheless do I not find them to be the best alliance this round. I know that's highly biassed but well, I have the right to think differently.

FA Gaming community

Unread 10 May 2004, 21:06   #72
ComradeRob
wasted

Why do you want people to like you more than you want to win?
Unread 10 May 2004, 21:07   #73
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
I am wondering how many Phraktos players are allowed to join Mistu/Fang or any other alliance for that matter.

Once there was "honour" for an alliance in not taking in "defectors".

is that honour still there ?
Its gone...Alliances need members etc.

lo Desse btw

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 21:28   #74
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I dissagree there. Tbh I think there's no alliance out there that didn't express their undying endless hatred towards FAnG. If we go fight MISTU now then well, that would mean us throwing away the last alliance that still liked us.
This round was won by FMP and more specifically by FM (though credits go partly to phraktos for a good round uptill here).
We always said we play to win. We did win this round and tbh I don't mind to share that with MISTU, neither do I think they'd mind sharing it with FAnG. There hasn't been a single alliance victory over the past 4 rounds nway (last one was an obvious victory for Fury r7). Infact if you look at the score gap atm, it's further appart then any score gap from r8 till now so tbh, I'm quite happy with what we achieved.
And if pple claim we didn't show how strong we would be, then all I can say is that we've proven our strength in the past on multiple rounds and fact that we didn't now is more a blame towards the enemies then a blame towards FAnG.

Mazzelaar, I agree that Vision and ND played a decent round. It's not a surprise cause they were good alliances last round aswell. Nonetheless do I not find them to be the best alliance this round. I know that's highly biassed but well, I have the right to think differently.

R9? Eclipse/ToT victory, yet Eclipse held majority of the rankings.

Anyway, its obvious FAnG will keep onto Mistu, and Mistu will latch onto FAnG for next round. I understand why FAnG want this, but not why Mistu wishes to tarnish their own image by doing so. Perhaps they want what looks to be an easy victory unless the rest of the universe gangs up (Although who is that mystery third partner going to be?)

PS: I know you can't answer KJ, but if you care to relay it to your HC to answer then all is well

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 21:38   #75
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Why do you want people to like you more than you want to win?
explain?

FA Gaming community

Unread 10 May 2004, 21:43   #76
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
R9? Eclipse/ToT victory, yet Eclipse held majority of the rankings.

Anyway, its obvious FAnG will keep onto Mistu, and Mistu will latch onto FAnG for next round. I understand why FAnG want this, but not why Mistu wishes to tarnish their own image by doing so. Perhaps they want what looks to be an easy victory unless the rest of the universe gangs up (Although who is that mystery third partner going to be?)

PS: I know you can't answer KJ, but if you care to relay it to your HC to answer then all is well
the eclipse/tot victory is the same as the FAnG/MISTU victory. Tot was smaller in numbers aswell but certainly not less good. It's the same with MISTU here. And the gap between eclipse and tot r9 is equal to the gap between FAnG and MISTU (again due to numbers).

I don't know anything about a 3th ally for next round, I don't even know whether plans are being made about next round concerning politics. And well, I normally I rather uptodate when it comes to FAnG politics.

But I'm no HC so I can't really give you a clear response.

FA Gaming community

Unread 10 May 2004, 21:52   #77
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
the eclipse/tot victory is the same as the FAnG/MISTU victory. Tot was smaller in numbers aswell but certainly not less good. It's the same with MISTU here. And the gap between eclipse and tot r9 is equal to the gap between FAnG and MISTU (again due to numbers).

I don't know anything about a 3th ally for next round, I don't even know whether plans are being made about next round concerning politics. And well, I normally I rather uptodate when it comes to FAnG politics.

But I'm no HC so I can't really give you a clear response.
It is? I'll wait till I see the top 100 with names and alliances before commenting further tbh

Plus it isnt really comparable - there is a chance for either alliance to win here, which there wasnt in r9 (We fought 2 easy wars and 1 hard war). Additionally, there was actually credible opposition to Eclipse for the coming round. This doesnt really apply here for this round. (No offense to ND or Vgn, I just dont see how you can take on FAnG alone - never mind both them and Mistu)

I see r9 as a Eclipse/ToT victory yet more inclined towards Eclipse. I think the difference in scores was alot more than you think also, but unfortunately I have no logs of cerberus.

ToT rocked though and without them I'm pretty certain Eclipse wouldnt have got to the position it did.

<3 Marduk

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 10 May 2004, 22:13   #78
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
II see r9 as a Eclipse/ToT victory yet more inclined towards Eclipse. I think the difference in scores was alot more than you think also, but unfortunately I have no logs of cerberus.

Because I'm actually fantastic and remember every post ever made on AD here you are.
Unread 10 May 2004, 23:13   #79
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Because I'm actually fantastic and remember every post ever made on AD here you are.
Ace.

Just to put it here:

STATS:
--------
Eclipse stats:
Alliance / membercount / roids / score
eclipse / 149 / 434,696 / 6,680,586,535
acolyte / 19 / 39,145 / 579,638,105 (recruiting wing for next round)
Total: 168 / 473,841 / 7,260,224,640

Average roids/score:
2,820 / 43,215,623

ToT/LCH stats: (might be abit inaccurate due to some changes on the last days)
ToT / 164 / 370,396 / 5,682,235,452

Average roids/score:
2,259 / 34,647,777

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 11 May 2004, 00:36   #80
Pippin Took

Pippin Took is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle
Our HC and Officers all quit, there is no command structure. No command=no direction. No direction=no future. If you were on private server seeing the way it is now, you'd agree to. Even after our HC's quit, Officers quit/kicked, there were still some of us on private server trying to get some defence for people. About 10 people total when I was in there.

And everytime a phraktos got waved, we couldn't cover it, they just wanted to delete as well. You have no idea what you are talking about. You have not been in the conditions we have been in the past few days since this whole fiasco started.

ROFLMAO hey Vision survived the whole round like that and we are still around. Not much fun being waved by FPM and WP but thats where loyalty and pride come in.
Vision, did we win, no ofc not, but we are still here and fighting!!
Pippin Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 01:38   #81
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
who is that mystery third partner going to be?
You Zhil. It's you.
Get ready for the imminent PM regarding our menage a trois.
Unread 11 May 2004, 03:33   #82
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Plus it isnt really comparable - there is a chance for either alliance to win here, which there wasnt in r9
I think i need new glasses, i just checked the rankings and it looks like fang has won, no?
Unread 11 May 2004, 03:50   #83
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
I think i need new glasses, i just checked the rankings and it looks like fang has won, no?
You seem to have not bothered reading previous posts. FAnG will win, because Mistu are content with their 2nd place.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 11 May 2004, 05:01   #84
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
You seem to have not bothered reading previous posts. FAnG will win, because Mistu are content with their 2nd place.

and this is bad for a 1st round alliance?
Unread 11 May 2004, 05:21   #85
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
and this is bad for a 1st round alliance?
winning the round would be even better

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 05:24   #86
Fyodor
Behe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath
winning the round would be even better

dont you think no matter how good they are, they are out numbered?
Unread 11 May 2004, 05:48   #87
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
i wouldnt know actually, not even playing this round, but it sounded good :gollum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 05:51   #88
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
So was Eclipse/ToT

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 11 May 2004, 07:28   #89
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Idd, we were out numbered but still we prevailed.. Eclipse did idd rock

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 08:36   #90
Rumad
th0ng gimp

OK with phraktos collapsing someone in one of the threads said that MISTU struggled for defence the night that phrak launched.

I am pretty sure FAnG did not struggle with def that badly and members were covered.

do you as a smaller alliance with less resouces start launching on an alliance which has proven to be best activity wise in the block and a larger memberbase?

Its unlikely lay alliances would join in after the pummeling they have received, so what is the value in it for MISTU?

For FAnG we have number 1 position, we have a good working relationship with MISTU, we see no reason to sour anything and destroy an alliance which has been working and friendly. For MISTU its is an opportunity to become proven and grounded ally and not have the sort of spectacular collapse that phrak had and become a force in pa.

This is the way things stay now for the rest of the round.
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 11 May 2004 at 10:31.
Unread 11 May 2004, 08:48   #91
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
For MISTu tis is a opportunity to become proven and grounded and not have the sort of spectacular collaps that Phrak have had.
So you're saying if Mistu came under pressure they would fall apart just like Phraktos did?

Quote:
Unread 11 May 2004, 08:49   #92
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past

well I though VSN was one of the best around but after I heard there HC was asking around for coords of Phraktos ppl that were still around to roid them cause they dont have an alliance anymore..... Thats more WP

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Waku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 09:49   #93
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Quote:
Why not - thy deserve one round as top dogs

Outside of that already stated I hought VisioN did well.
Do I sense some EA thinking for next round there?
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 10:15   #94
Rember
Womble

Rember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waku
well I though VSN was one of the best around but after I heard there HC was asking around for coords of Phraktos ppl that were still around to roid them cause they dont have an alliance anymore..... Thats more WP

wasn't it possible it was asked because the ones still in phraktos were known then?

;-)
[12:17] <Gitchin> Rember your a womble!
[16:53] <SYMM> Rember your a womble! | [10:17:57] <Squidly> Rember, you're a womble
[19:28] <Filth> Rember your a womble! | [16:25] <remy|afk> Rember, you are a womble
[14:04] <Colt> Rember your a womble! | [16:22] <TVFreak> Rember U are a womble
[15:18] <Darkness> Rember U are a womble | [15:21] <Xerm|away> Rember U are a womble
[13:39:44] <illmatics> Rember your a womble
Rember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 10:25   #95
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddim
Do I sense some EA thinking for next round there?
I wont be here next round as Intend to dissapear again so probably not
Proud to be Independent
Unread 11 May 2004, 10:27   #96
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
So you're saying if Mistu came under pressure they would fall apart just like Phraktos did?
Not at all - but why risk everything like phrak did when you have a opportunity to be a stable force for the rounds to come?
Proud to be Independent
Unread 11 May 2004, 10:31   #97
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Not at all - but why risk everything like phrak did when you have a opportunity to be a stable force for the rounds to come?
How can you be sure of stability if you are never put under pressure? I'm sure the majority of people playing PA never expected the spectacular folding of Phraktos.

Quote:
Unread 11 May 2004, 10:35   #98
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
How can you be sure of stability if you are never put under pressure? I'm sure the majority of people playing PA never expected the spectacular folding of Phraktos.
Stability will come from virtue of the fact that they will increase teamworking and become steadied. If your totally honest in Eclipse's first round they coasted and it never did them too badly.

Most of the top alliances form thre ability to work under pressure by enjoying a stabel platform based on friendship and trust. After that the world is your oyster so to speak.

Also reread my original post it makes better sense now I think (I was rushed into a meeting so posted without proofing so sorry etc )
Proud to be Independent
Unread 11 May 2004, 10:41   #99
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Also reread my original post it makes better sense now I think (I was rushed into a meeting so posted without proofing so sorry etc )

Bah - sneaky rewordage ;p

In addition, I think that real strength only comes from being forced into a position whereby you have to work as a cohesive unit - ie when you are under heavy pressure of some description. Eclipse was slightly different in that the majority of command staff and a siginificant portion of them mebers had already been part of such a unit in previous rounds and the extra players had a relatively easy time fitting in with what was already a very structured, very dedicated and very "together" bunch. Obviously, with the number of ex-eclipse in there this applies to some degree to Mistu but I still don't think the real test of their abilities will come until they are under fire. I don't think it will make and difference and I am sure Mistu will prove to be very good, but then I would've thought something similar in Phraktos.

Quote:
Unread 11 May 2004, 10:55   #100
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Bah - sneaky rewordage ;p

In addition, I think that real strength only comes from being forced into a position whereby you have to work as a cohesive unit - ie when you are under heavy pressure of some description. Eclipse was slightly different in that the majority of command staff and a siginificant portion of them mebers had already been part of such a unit in previous rounds and the extra players had a relatively easy time fitting in with what was already a very structured, very dedicated and very "together" bunch. Obviously, with the number of ex-eclipse in there this applies to some degree to Mistu but I still don't think the real test of their abilities will come until they are under fire. I don't think it will make and difference and I am sure Mistu will prove to be very good, but then I would've thought something similar in Phraktos.
Yep I am a sneaky kind of guy (thats why I post my thoughts when I can explain sme issues (its very sneaky sharing my perceptions and understandings with the entire of pa!!).

Anyway I agree an alliance isn't an alliance until its had the rough end of the stick as it were. It means you start eliminating wasteful defence usage and you concentrate on ensuring you are working as an alliance and everyone is participating. Likewise you mention that the length of friendshps play its part which is why I think you bed down as an alliance I guess. Also some of the stresses you suffer under pressure can be elimiated in times of calmness - which means your mre likely to survive and prosper under pressure. Thats just my own view as someone who has been hc of 3 major alliances and gone through those processes myself ofcourse so I could be totally wrong
Proud to be Independent