User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 11 Mar 2003, 20:05   #1
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
American government moves towards libertarianism

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Show the flag and pass the ketchup was the order of the day in House cafeterias Tuesday. Lawmakers strwck a lunchtime blow against the French and put "freedom fries" on the menu.

And for breakfast they'll now have "freedom toast."

The name changes follow similar actions by restaurants around the country protesting French opposition to the administration's Iraq war plans.

"Update. Now Serving in All House Office Buildings, 'Freedom Fries,'" read a sign that Republican Reps. Bob Ney of Ohio and Walter Jones of North Carolina placed at the register in the Longworth Office Building food court.

"This action today is a small but symbolic effort to show the strong displeasure of many on Capitol Hill with the actions of our so-called ally, France," said Ney, chairman of the House Administration Committee.

The French Embassy in Washington had no immediate comment, except to say that french fries actually come from Belgium.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...om-fries_x.htm

:(
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 20:07   #2
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
First "old" post in a Nodrog thread.
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 20:08   #3
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by W
First "old" post in a Nodrog thread.
Its not, the one before was just some small cafe doing it, this is actually the american government. Read the article.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 20:13   #4
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
they are just puppets in bush´s mad scheme
how foolish of them
HOW FOOLISH
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 21:03   #5
Emperorn
Ruler

Emperorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: American government moves towards libertarianism

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
The French Embassy in Washington had no immediate comment, except to say that french fries actually come from Belgium.
Cool response.

Think it embodies the way the French are handling this crisis. The Americans fume and throw tantrums but Chirac always looks cool and unbothered. He is the perfect arrogant frenchman, and I mean that in a good way.

As for the White House, childish.

- George Bush Sr
Emperorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 21:29   #6
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Seem's like a bit of a pissy shot at France. I couldn't care less if they accept war in this case is a good thing or not, but the US Gov't is through this starting to show a childish streak that has no place given the impending situation.

Not that I like the French.
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 21:38   #7
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm always up for French bashing, but this whole thing just has "RETARD" painted all over it in big letters.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 23:52   #8
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
the thing about fries,

they just lie down and don't even try to defend themselves from being swallowed up by anyone that tries to 'conquer' them.

if congress is trying to say that that is a better description of the free than the french i don't think i want to be free n e more.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 02:08   #9
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Its not, the one before was just some small cafe doing it, this is actually the american government. Read the article.
From link:
Quote:
Posted 3/11/2003 12:03 PM____ Updated 3/11/2003 1:51 PM
From post:
Quote:
11 Mar 2003 20:05
You're over 11 hours late. And I wouldn't call them the government. Tho you never know with those sneaky americans...
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 02:24   #10
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
"This action today is a small but symbolic effort to show the strong displeasure of many on Capitol Hill with the actions of our so-called ally, France," said Ney, chairman of the House Administration Committee.

Ney, whose panel oversees House operations, ordered the menu changes.
:disdain:
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 12:55   #11
m.ar.d

Re: American government moves towards libertarianism

Quote:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...om-fries_x.htm

I can understand the anger.
Those people see one of their fundemental freedoms in danger by the french. The freedom to bomb the crap out of countries who are to weak to defend themselves

why dont those freedom fries loving people do what they really want??

Instead of ordering the freedom fries , they should order
what they really want : The Oil those fries are backed in. that would be an honest approach to the whole situation.

PS: give the french the freedom statue back.
You have proven yourself not worthy of having such a symbol.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 13:10   #12
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
The french reaction is
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 13:25   #13
m.ar.d

Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
they are just puppets in bush´s mad scheme
how foolish of them
HOW FOOLISH
http://www.anntelnaes.com/images/DailyCartoon.gif
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 13:34   #14
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: American government moves towards libertarianism

Quote:
Originally posted by m.ar.d
PS: give the french the freedom statue back.
I agree

that will not only

1. Piss of the Americans

2. Look Nicer off the shores of Toulouse
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 13:43   #15
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Instead of inventing a dumb name like "Freedom Fries" they should start calling them "Chips", like English people do.

Can you imagine ordering "Freedom Fries" in a restaurant?
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 14:05   #16
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
Instead of inventing a dumb name like "Freedom Fries" they should start calling them "Chips", like English people do.

Can you imagine ordering "Freedom Fries" in a restaurant?
Would you like Freedom Fries with that meal?

YES! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

McDonalds Shares ++++
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 15:48   #17
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
France don't need America as an ally now.

They have Zimbabwe instead.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 16:01   #18
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
Would you like Freedom Fries with that meal?

YES! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

McDonalds Shares ++++
I would like a double cheeseburger, under God, with freedom fries, and a whiff of sweet air of Freedom. No mayonaise, as it sounds French, and the English are stupid, because chips come from Silicon Valley, every dork knows that...
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 14:02   #19
Emperorn
Ruler

The english are stupid, because chips are those thin, toasted potato slices with salt on them, every dork knows that...

- George Bush Sr
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 14:07   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Emperorn
The english are stupid, because chips are those thin, toasted potato slices with salt on them, every dork knows that...
Excuse me, who's language are we talking about here?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 14:16   #21
Emperorn
Ruler

The language of the english speaking people of the world ofc, silly.

- George Bush Sr
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 16:15   #22
Lord Zor
Super Trooper

Lord Zor is an unknown quantity at this point
cant we just call them fries
am I jump all nimbly bimly from tree to tree?am I drinking milk from a saucer?
Do you see me eating mice?
Lord Zor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 16:30   #23
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Zor
cant we just call them fries
Not everyone fries them :\
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 16:35   #24
Lord Zor
Super Trooper

Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
Not everyone fries them :\
WHAT!?!?!:eek:
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 16:37   #25
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Zor
WHAT!?!?!:eek:
I prefer oven-cooked chips over fried ones.
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 16:39   #26
Lord Zor
Super Trooper

with that golden outter crust?

Mmmmmm