User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Feb 2003, 12:44   #1
RiCo

Today a teenager asked me..

If I could buy liquer for him. I told him to buy some cannbais instead. That would surly be much easier, but he told me it was illegal to smoke dope, and that he 'would not be that stupid'.

What's the bloody difference?
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 12:47   #2
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
it's not illegal to be in possesion of alcohol if you're under 18 (in UK) just to buy it... i think
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 12:48   #3
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Tell him to kill, torture and rape old ladies for his high.
I mean whats the difference?
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 12:48   #4
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Ive never had a kid ask me to buy alcohol

do they still drink white lightning in the park these days?
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 12:56   #5
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
Yes. I frequently get asked by the fags to buy alcohol/cigarettes, and one day I'll walk off with their money.
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 13:06   #6
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by GavGull
Yes. I frequently get asked by the fags to buy alcohol/cigarettes, and one day I'll walk off with their money.
buy them cheap whiskey

that will annoy the alcopop drinking pussies
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 13:07   #7
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
They've stopped making it now.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 13:08   #8
RiCo

Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Tell him to kill, torture and rape old ladies for his high.
I mean whats the difference?
This could have been a good troll post, had it not been for your blatanly obvious stupid.

Canabis hardly makes any difference from Alchohol, granted I'm a pro legalization, but that's another discussion.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 13:10   #9
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by GavGull
done and done.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 13:16   #10
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
buy them cheap whiskey

that will annoy the alcopop drinking pussies
If only moonshine could be legal...
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 13:23   #11
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Neferti
it's not illegal to be in possesion of alcohol if you're under 18 (in UK) just to buy it... i think
Of course it's illegal for under 18's to consumer alchohol. There's one or two exceptions (like over 16 with food), but it's illegal in general.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 14:04   #12
RiCo

It's the same as customs law really. Alchohol is regarded under the narcotics regulations.

It's illegal to buy and/or have/consume.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 14:10   #13
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by RiCo
Canabis hardly makes any difference from Alchohol
Apart for the massive damage it causes your lungs, circulatory system, brain etc etc

Alcohol is benificial if taken in morderation...
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 14:22   #14
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
Of course it's illegal for under 18's to consumer alchohol. There's one or two exceptions (like over 16 with food), but it's illegal in general.

M.
Not according to arbitrary google #1.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 14:24   #15
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
Conversation in highstreet:

KID: Can you buy me 10 sovereign?
ME: How old are you?
KID: 16
ME: Buy em yourself then..........
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 14:26   #16
RiCo

Quote:
Apart for the massive damage it causes your lungs, circulatory system, brain etc etc

Alcohol is benificial if taken in morderation...
Yes, offcourse! Your liver takes no damage from liquors, nor does alchohol kill braincells. It does not dehydrate you nor has it any effect on your sleep.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 14:28   #17
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Quote:
Yes, offcourse! Your liver takes no damage from liquors, nor does alchohol kill braincells. It does not dehydrate you nor has it any effect on your sleep.
Note the word 'moderation'

This word also describes what this thread needs.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 14:35   #18
RiCo

Quote:
Note the word 'moderation'

This word also describes what this thread needs.
Moderate use of canabis is used as a medication.

Alcohol is not.

Agreed canabis is harmfull for your lounges both in moderate levels, and abusive leves, as are cigarettes.

Alcohol is harmfull in moderate levels over time, tho not as much as abusive leves.

What's the difference?
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 14:36   #19
cheesehead
Banned

cheesehead is an unknown quantity at this point
I do so look foward to becoming an old man so that people realizing that I'm far over the age of 21 can ask me to buy them liquer. Sounds fun.
cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 14:40   #20
ScotWiZ

ScotWiZ is an unknown quantity at this point
scotland has longer licensing hours than that google link shows :]
round 2: 22:14
round 3: 33:23 something
round 4: forgot
round 5: pay? you're kidding right?
ScotWiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 14:41   #21
[GAP]Obiwan

Quote:

Alcohol is not.

Agreed canabis is harmfull for your lounges both in moderate levels, and abusive leves, as are cigarettes.

Alcohol is harmfull in moderate levels over time, tho not as much as abusive leves.

What's the difference?
If you look at this website here
It clearly states that it is LAW that anyone under the age of 5 can only take alcohol for medicimal purposes.

Heh
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 14:46   #22
RiCo

Quote:
Originally posted by [GAP]Obiwan
If you look at this website here
It clearly states that it is LAW that anyone under the age of 5 can only take alcohol for medicimal purposes.

Heh
Might be. I'm not familiar with the UK laws as I am with the Norwegian set. And I do not think your laws state that a 6 year old in a certain stage of disease should drink a bottle of Jack Daniels or a shot of Bacardi White Rum.

It is the UK so I might be wrong tho.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:03   #23
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The kind of drink i drink defines me as a person.
I drink beer because its manly and im a man.

Down with boy bands, homework, and alcopops, MAN!!!!!!11111111111111111111222333fourfourfive

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:04   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
fourfourfive
four four two surely?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:27   #25
[GAP]Obiwan

It is also UK law that anyone not practicing archery on the local village green on Sunday mornings is breaking the law
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:30   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
It is also UK law that anyone not practicing archery on the local village green on Sunday mornings is breaking the law
That will be a local law if anything. I severely doubt its still in force.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 15:32   #27
Pineapple
Banned

Pineapple is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
apparently we have todo 2 hours of archery practice every day
Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 16:05   #28
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
four four two surely?
no!1111

man utd aer so good they have three extra goalfowards!11

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 16:25   #29
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I frequently get asked the same question. Then i tell them that i am seventeen, and laugh while strolling away..
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 19:37   #30
Tzencath

Tzencath is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Embroglio
They've stopped making it now.
evidently the fact i'm taking a swig from it means that they didn't, it's a kick ass cider
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 01:29   #31
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Quote:

Alcohol is not.

What's the difference?
Firstly, cannabis isnt actually pescribed. ie. not officially recognised. I know it is taken 'illegally' as such.
It may be in future, I agree it should be legalised for 'medical' purposes only.

Secondly, cannabis is taken for pain control/increased mobility or whatever. It has some pain relieving properties, HOWEVER there are still the side effects (cancer, heart disease etc) .
Basicly those using canabis are harvesting short term gains in exchange for long term side effects.

Thirdly alcohol isn't actually pescribed as such, but low levels are recommeded as part of dietry recommendations etc etc. As to mild alcohol levels being harmful...no. It has been shown that alcohol has numerous benificts eg increased blood fluidity/membrane permiability. Where low levels can cause damage is in 'binge drinking' ie. taking all your weeks recomended units at once (saturday night) in my book this comes under the heading 'abuse', even if it is within recomended weekly levels.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 01:42   #32
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Ive had friends offered Oral sex and Full Sex by underage girls to buy them alcohol and cigarettes.

Innocence Lost ......
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 06:17   #33
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Ive had friends offered Oral sex and Full Sex by underage girls to buy them alcohol and cigarettes.

Innocence Lost ......
paging Muslim to thread 2334251
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 09:24   #34
[GAP]Obiwan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima

Innocence Lost ......
What an age we live in
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:23   #35
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
paging Muslim to thread 2334251

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

also: 5+ may consume alcohol at home or in registered private clubs or in any public place (subject to local bye-laws)

I thought this was the law, so they can drink, they just cant buy