User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Jul 2003, 13:23   #51
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Frontier Developments (i.e. David Braben) are supposed to be working on Elite 4, no updates for some time though :/

If it ever makes it to production it will be a MMOG Elite \o/
\o/ Tell me more!

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2003, 14:12   #52
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by treelo
The first level on MoH:Frontline.

Despite the fact that you know you can't hit sh*t you still run around like a headless chicken on speed pasting anything with your rifle.

Best 1st level ever ffs.
damn straight

doing someone over with the fiber wire for the first time on Hitman 2 and getting your first Silent Assasain rating
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2003, 15:19   #53
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Flashpoint - online.

Being called in for some air support by my mates, making a wrong turn somewhere and not getting to the battle until they were all in the thick of it. 64 FFAR's reigned their merry hell upon the helpess soldiers battling it out before. Out of 40something people on the server, one was left alive - me sitting smuggly in my Hind.

The Shilka in the tree's soon sorted that out. Damn stupid quick respawning
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2003, 15:47   #54
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The intro video to populous : the beginning maybe, but probably

the intro to final fantasy seven

It was the first time id ever seen such impressive FMV and it blew me away. Ill always love ff7.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2003, 17:37   #55
plasmas_arms
Banned

plasmas_arms is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
The Paris Cathedral in Deus Ex.

No idea why though.
A bomb?!?!?!
plasmas_arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2003, 23:55   #56
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Becoming 'Dangerous' in Frontier : Elite 2 on the Amiga.
Becoming 'Elite' on, well, Elite. ArcElite if you're interested, I only got up to Very Deadly on the BBC one.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2003, 23:56   #57
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Becoming 'Elite' on, well, Elite. ArcElite if you're interested, I only got up to Very Deadly on the BBC one.
I always wanted to play ArcElite, are emulators up to speed (no pun intended) these days? I haven't checked in years.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2003, 23:59   #58
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
I always wanted to play ArcElite, are emulators up to speed (no pun intended) these days? I haven't checked in years.
I don't know, I run/ran it on an archimedes.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2003, 08:59   #59
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Beating Quake 1 without actually cheating. Took me ages (and is a good testament to my skill in first person shooters, heh). Alternatively finishing just about any level ever made for Thief and feeling quite godlike. Sneak on...
Unread 22 Jul 2003, 09:09   #60
das_experiment

das_experiment is an unknown quantity at this point
Hehe, another good gaming moment for me was trying Hexen one year ago, then getting scared ****less underwater meeting those enormous squid typethingy.

****e game thou :P
das_experiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2003, 12:24   #61
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by RealJames
\o/ Tell me more!
www.eliteclub.co.uk

you can d/l Frontier and FFE. Also has a pretty good links section.

also: www.newkind.co.uk has a reverse engineered original for the PC.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2003, 13:19   #62
BuddhistPunk

BuddhistPunk is an unknown quantity at this point
After playing all the usual FPS, Wolfestein, Duke, Quake 1 and playing multiplayer Quake 1 to death.

The most memorable moment was that Saturday in 1995 when I bought my first 3D Accelerator card (Orchid Righteous), installed it, and fired up Quake - I almost wet my pants (i may have even trickled a little)
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 09:03   #63
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by ELeeming
www.eliteclub.co.uk

you can d/l Frontier and FFE. Also has a pretty good links section.

also: www.newkind.co.uk has a reverse engineered original for the PC.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 12:15   #64
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
TFC.

Drawing 20-20 with [DW] (Who were the best clan in the country at the time and possibly in Europe/World) on Shutdown_l we'd squandered a 20-0 lead and in the dying seconds I was exiting the base with a [DW] medic (Think it was Defrag) running in front of me with our flag and none of our defence in sight, I fluked a grenade off a wall and it landed right in front of him killing him. Just remember a couple of "plds" on Roger Wilco and the map ending about a minute later. Was a great feeling.

TFC rocked in it's day.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 19:01   #65
joaraddam
Baka desu

joaraddam is an unknown quantity at this point
Beating Ultima 8 without help, I suppose.
Despite many people hating it, I still think that game rocks.
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 19:10   #66
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Magestorm ("surprise")

Finally leveled my arc to 30th,

and spent maybe half an hour/45 minutes in the opponents base killing them by the dozens. They got close to taking me out, but everytime they got me down, they were all dead
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 12:31   #67
Happy Tom

Happy Tom is an unknown quantity at this point
when i screwed that hooker in Larry Laffer without a condom and his penis started to blink.
Happy Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 13:28   #68
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Happy Tom
when i screwed that hooker in Larry Laffer without a condom and his penis started to blink.
Not nearly as much of an accomplishment after doing it with a condom, walking out of the building and getting arrested for indecent exposure.

Apparently the 'take off condom' command was also specifically required after the act.
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 03:06   #69
Cuddley_Battleship
Luminous Flux

Cuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these parts
One time in Counter-Strike I was the last ct remaining against 3 terrorists. On that map there was a building about 40 ft tall, which I was on top of. I peered over the edge, and sawtwo of them. I killed one with my primary, one with my secondary, then the last guy steps out from the same area and shoots me down to 2% health. He stopped to reload, and I decided I'd go for a knife kill. I pulled my knife, and managed to sink it into him and kill him right before I hit the ground.
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 03:14   #70
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Something from

Monkey Island 1/2
Frontier: Elite 2
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 03:41   #71
Valle
Fakey

Valle is an unknown quantity at this point
In the early days of DOOM,playing 4-player deathmatch on a LAN,and suddenly gaining a greater understanding of the works of the BFG9000. The angry shouts from the others had me laughing through the whole day.

#spacehamsters

<Oreo-> Valle: GÅ Å LEGG DEG!!
Valle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 07:26   #72
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Re: your most memorable video game moment?

prolly the first time I beat Super Mario Bros. (yes, the first one)...it took sooooooo fkin long, I think I was 7 or 8 at the time, I was super excited!!!
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 07:45   #73
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
my best gaming moment was prolly when my ex and i played nhl 2002 and got japan to beat vancouver.
(japan sucks ass at hockey)

i think it was a 'mission' in the game or something.. but it was hilarious playing it.