User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 20 Feb 2003, 16:55   #1
Steve_G

Steve_G is an unknown quantity at this point
Joke Inside

Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, God went missing for six days.
Eventually, Michael the archangel found him, resting on the seventh day.
He inquired of God, "Where have you been?" God sighed a deep sigh of
satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look Michael
look what I've made."
Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?" "It's a planet,"
replied God, "and I've put LIFE on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's
going to be a place of great balance."
"Balance?" inquired Michael, still confused. God explained, pointing to
different parts of Earth, "For example, Northern Europe will be a place of
great opportunity and wealth while Southern Europe is going to be poor; the
Middle East over there will be a hot spot. Over there I've placed a
continent of white people and over there is a continent of black people,"
God continued, pointing to different countries. "This one will be extremely
hot and arid while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."
The Archangel, impressed by Gods work, then pointed to a large landmass in
the top corner and asked, "What's that one?"
"Ah," said God. "That's Canada, the most glorious place on Earth. There are
beautiful mountains, lakes, rivers, streams and an exquisite coastline. The
people from Canada are going to be modest, intelligent and humorous and they
re going to be found travelling the world. They'll be extremely sociable,
hard working and high achieving, and they will be known throughout the world
as diplomats and carriers of peace. I'm also going to give them super-human,
undefeatable ice hockey players who will be admired and feared by all who
come across them."
Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed; "What about
balance, God? You said there will be BALANCE!" God replied wisely...."Ah,
Wait until you see the loudmouthed buggars I'm putting next to them!!!!"
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 16:58   #2
Kraken

old.

I expect better from you.
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 16:58   #3
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 16:59   #4
Steve_G

Steve_G is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Kraken
old.

I expect better from you.
that makes one of us
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 17:01   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Every other time I've seen that joke it's been English/French.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 17:01   #6
Kraken

Ah, as usual projecting half of your supposed wit in my general direction.

The memories come flooding back.
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 17:02   #7
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
The person who wrote this joke has never been to Canada.

P.S. I realize Steve_G lives in Canada but he didn't actually write the joke unless he did so along time ago, so I'm not referring to him.
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 17:04   #8
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Every other time I've seen that joke it's been English/French.
Scousers/Wales last time I heard it.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 17:05   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Scousers/Wales last time I heard it.
This thread is C vs C and should be closed!

Where's a mod when you need one?
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 17:07   #10
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
You could make it Israel/Palestine but it'd be a tough call on which were the assholes...
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 17:08   #11
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:

Where's a mod when you need one?
bunch of lasy bastids

p.s. I thought Gabriel was archangel?
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 17:10   #12
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
This was obviously before he got promoted for stitching Michael up and plagiarising his work.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 17:13   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
There's more than one, wiggles.
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 17:15   #14
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:
There's more than one, wiggles.
Really?

I always thought there were a bunch of them with the 'rank' of angel and one who's liek speshul, the archangel........

Oh well, dont really care
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 22:48   #15
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Really?

I always thought there were a bunch of them with the 'rank' of angel and one who's liek speshul, the archangel........
More than one, though one of them did turn around, take a number of the normal angels with him, and set up shop "down below".

Michael/Gabriel are (I believe) the only ones mentioned anywhere, barring Satan ofc.
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 23:13   #16
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Supernova9
More than one, though one of them did turn around, take a number of the normal angels with him, and set up shop "down below".

Michael/Gabriel are (I believe) the only ones mentioned anywhere, barring Satan ofc.
Raphael is also an archangel. I believe Uriel is the fourth. I am not an expert on archangels, but I think I read somewhere that Uriel became Lucifer after the fall. Don't quote me on that though. Anyway, I know there are/were four archangels. I'm just not sure about the fourth one.
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 23:37   #17
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Texan
Raphael is also an archangel. I believe Uriel is the fourth. I am not an expert on archangels, but I think I read somewhere that Uriel became Lucifer after the fall. Don't quote me on that though. Anyway, I know there are/were four archangels. I'm just not sure about the fourth one.
Uriel is not Lucifer (although his name 'Light of God' woudl roughly translate as such), nor is he accepted as an archangel by the Christian/Catholic church as a whole. He is named in the book of Enoch which is deemed apocryphal rather than part of the scriptures. The only three named in the scriptures are Michael, Raphael, and Gabriel. Several others crop up in other places but as I said, the churches tend not to recognise them.

On the other hand, various 'traditions' of magic do recognise them, chiefly Wicca, the Qaballah, and the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. Of course there are countless others but these are the most well known although the HOGD is now (not sadly) a shadow of its former self, a fall in main brought about by Aleistair Crowley.

How do I know all this? I wasn't always a cynic
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 23:41   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I'm a cynic. Doesn't stop me being interested though.