User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 21 Jun 2015, 02:10   #1
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
The PA award ceremony. The real one.

Disclaimer: I am fairly drunk so if anyone gets pissed off that I am using private logs for info, tough.

Ultores: Congratulations. You win the 'poor us' award for hiding, swapping out of tag, and hiding members in other alliances. You lose more and more respect every round. You are no longer a good alliance in pa, you are just an old ally who has so many players that you can put em in other alliances to do your bidding. Grow a pair.

Black Flag: You changed from siding with Ult but you are wasting your time because they control so many alliances you cant do much about it. You win the 'good effort' award.

CT: Round after round you fight Ult knowing that all that will happen is Ult will use the alliances they control to farm you. You win the 'plucky losers' award.

Asc: The most disappointing of the lot. Clearly Benneh stated he started Asc again to 'shake things up'. All you did was force the same old alliances to hit the same old alliances. You didn't shake anything up, all you did was nap anyone who was a threat and bottom feed. Full of the best players from the pro-gals, rather than make PA better you actively harm it. You win the 'biggest cowards' award. Grow a pair, you know where I am.

Rogues: Too busy kissing Ult's arse to actually stand up for yourself. You win the award for 'biggest lapdogs'.

Faceless: Always sniffing around Ult looking to bend over for em, you are never too far away from Agar3s and are happy to do his bidding. Good job. You win the 'trying to look like you have your own mind whilst doing as you are told' award.

Rainbows/ND/Penguins/HR: Guys, certain alliances who are ult support just bottom feed you and you just sit and take it. I had to lump you in together, you are like, 1/3rd of the active universe. Think of the collective power you would have if for one second you got together and hit back at the people bottom feeding on you. You win the 'could do so much good for pa if you just stood together' award.

Sick of the lot of it. You all know where I am, my co-ords are not secret. How about each and every one of you grow some balls and come get me.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 02:33   #2
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Re: The PA award ceremony. The real one.

You are clearly once again out of your depth Forest.
Being somewhat a insider of what is going on, you are more than ever mistaken.
Ulthores is allied with P3ng/ND/Rogues, and are clearly not at a prime target for Asc.
Your good old friend Zhil even accused BowS for targetting Asc while we were on Ult with CT/BF, wich clearly suggest they are on that side once again.
This round is over, by popular demand, skills, and allie strat Ult has won. Allies like Asc/ND/BowS got nothing at all to gain from attacking Ult, unless they are at the point that they have 300 incs each night.
Unless PA team increase tag limits, or stop certain groupd from doing stats, this game is gonna suffer a slow and painfull death

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 07:01   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The PA award ceremony. The real one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
come get me.
Just not that interested.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 07:39   #4
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

You're out of your depth. Half of what you've stated is so inaccurate I wonder if you're even playing this round...

Rainbows are effectively on BF+CT's team whereas HR and p3ng are more like ramora who swim along beside the others or at the very least are targeting those whom are under attack by others already as the two cant do the job alone due to ineptitude.

And Ascendancy+Faceless aren't interested in fighting Ult or BF. Not yet at least... they'll probably way for 1 side to win and then join that side. (Personally im waiting for the winners to destroy them for easy roids afterwards.)

Last edited by Morden; 21 Jun 2015 at 07:54.
Morden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 08:50   #5
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Forest is not out of his depth really... It's in his nature to throw rants and slurs like this every round Ult is not ranked 5th or lower. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 08:57   #6
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

Forest,
Please do not compare yourself to Ultores, unlike Ultores you have indeed lost everyones respect a long time ago.
Wouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 09:16   #7
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
Forest is not out of his depth really... It's in his nature to throw rants and slurs like this every round Ult is not ranked 5th or lower. Nothing out of the ordinary here.
I dont believe ult will win. Asc have been favs since round start and still are
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 09:17   #8
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
Forest,
Please do not compare yourself to Ultores, unlike Ultores you have indeed lost everyones respect a long time ago.
That's cool. It is easy to play the 'can't actually refute anything he said so personal insults it is' card
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 09:20   #9
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Benneh stated he started Asc again to 'shake things up'. All you did was force
No-one (re-)joined Asc to shake things up, if BENNEH actually said that he was just being silly, we were just getting back together.

Quote:
All you did was force the same old alliances to hit the same old alliances.
We didnt force anyone to do anything, we have been so totally passive that no-one need change anything due to our presence. Just try deleting us from your thoughts and editing back in hodors, as thats all that has changed by asc being here. But then thats what you are complaining about. You are just projecting your fantasies of a new political order onto us.

Quote:
all you did was nap anyone who was a threat and bottom feed.
Ascendancy has no naps, save its alliance with that big threat faceless. I take it you mean ult avoids us, yeah they seem to, thats their political strategy and their choice. You too could do this! However when we gal raid and there is an ult he gets hit (tho often their pro def makes them the last targets taken).
As to the second part of that accusation, yeah guilty as charged.

In point of fact asc finds itself compromised by its size, it is too big to fool around like hodors did or norse are, but too small to actually challenge. Thus left in the position of supporting one of a trio of alliances we dont like to the win, so why shouldnt we abstain.
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 09:44   #10
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
No-one (re-)joined Asc to shake things up, if BENNEH actually said that he was just being silly, we were just getting back together.
I can quote Benneh saying he started Asc again to shake things up as he was bored of the same alliances hitting the same alliances round after round.

Quote:
We didnt force anyone to do anything, we have been so totally passive that no-one need change anything due to our presence. Just try deleting us from your thoughts and editing back in hodors, as thats all that has changed by asc being here. But then thats what you are complaining about. You are just projecting your fantasies of a new political order onto us.
I can quote Asc HC saying 'either bf/ct hit ult or we will nap Ult and stagnate the round.

Quote:
Ascendancy has no naps, save its alliance with that big threat faceless. I take it you mean ult avoids us, yeah they seem to, thats their political strategy and their choice. You too could do this! However when we gal raid and there is an ult he gets hit (tho often their pro def makes them the last targets taken).
As to the second part of that accusation, yeah guilty as charged.
Of course Ult avoid you and you avoid them, seeing as a fair few Asc members are currently sat in Ult private. I can quote Ult saying 'it is unlikely ult and asc will hit each other because ult have members in asc.

Quote:
In point of fact asc finds itself compromised by its size, it is too big to fool around like hodors did or norse are, but too small to actually challenge. Thus left in the position of supporting one of a trio of alliances we dont like to the win, so why shouldnt we abstain.
Only an absolute idiot would think you cant challenge for the win. You are favourites to win.
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 10:19   #11
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Asc cant win Forest.
They are basicly free roids this round, and their fleet mixture is way to spread to be able to go to war with a top tier alliance.
Their whole existence, much a like Rogues/p3ng/faceless is based on that there is a war going on in the top 3, they cannot handle incs the same way Ult is.
Earlier this round BowS was partly NAPed with Ult, and we would prolly been NAPed if Ult had wanted to extend that NAP, we have nothing to gain from hitting Ult with the current stats

Unread 21 Jun 2015, 10:39   #12
Pt-

Pt- has a spectacular aura aboutPt- has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I can quote Benneh saying he started Asc again to shake things up as he was bored of the same alliances hitting the same alliances round after round.

I can quote Asc HC saying 'either bf/ct hit ult or we will nap Ult and stagnate the round.

Of course Ult avoid you and you avoid them, seeing as a fair few Asc members are currently sat in Ult private. I can quote Ult saying 'it is unlikely ult and asc will hit each other because ult have members in asc.

Only an absolute idiot would think you cant challenge for the win. You are favourites to win.
And I can quote Benneh being an idiot and I can quote the Asc HC for being morons. What are you trying to say? We aint here to entertain you. Sorry!

HEROES
Pt- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 11:09   #13
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

bitter bitcher strikes again
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 11:18   #14
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Rainbows/ND/Penguins/HR: Guys, certain alliances who are ult support just bottom feed you and you just sit and take it. I had to lump you in together, you are like, 1/3rd of the active universe. Think of the collective power you would have if for one second you got together and hit back at the people bottom feeding on you. You win the 'could do so much good for pa if you just stood together' award.
Thanks for the flattery. Just because you care about the round does not mean that we have to. We play this round as a group, but also to take a break from contention. When stats were announced (there is a slight hatred for pods across all classes) and the forming of new alliances became clear we chose to cut back on who we had and refuse a number of those who wanted to join. As mentioned by Ascendancy, it is very easy to contend without wanting to, we have seen that a number of times and it results in "pa stress". We will hit who we want and form naps to reduce our incoming. Try taking a round off its relaxing!
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 12:51   #15
nelito

nelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the rough

Unfortunatly and for once i must back Forest up

what he just wrote sums this round politics

i totally back him expet for the last part where he mentions nd p3 and hr

but if someone can conter what he says i dare him to

specially Rogues, ASC,
nelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 13:12   #16
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

I would say all credit to bows, they are fighting hard. there is a lot of bottom feeding going on.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 13:19   #17
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelito View Post
Unfortunatly and for once i must back Forest up

what he just wrote sums this round politics

i totally back him expet for the last part where he mentions nd p3 and hr

but if someone can conter what he says i dare him to

specially Rogues, ASC,
Rogues are standing up for themselves... against people who have attacked them. Why make an enemy out of someone who has left them alone... to fight along side someone who has attacked them and who's allies have attacked them.

To the rational world that would seem like a stupid idea...

Most of Rogues wanted to hit you over a week ago after you attacked them over and over with your little creepy bumchums.

But in all honesty I loath current PA politics. The people are cowards and settle for half measures. They aim low rather than aiming high and are content with a top 3 spot. In short they are narrow sighted idiots who likely wouldnt have been fit for GLX HC.

But the way I see it at present is this:

CT+BF+Bows vs Ult+ND+Rogues (Yeah that kinda has you with the edge yet you still moan)

HR+P3ng vs Rogues

Asc+FL vs No one

Personally im more interested in doing a hell of a lot of SK'ing from now till the end of the round. But the sooner this game dies the better, it hasnt got the numbers to give any sort if fluidic politics so you see the same stuff over and over.
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 13:22   #18
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden View Post

But in all honesty I loath current PA politics. The people are cowards and settle for half measures. T

But the sooner this game dies the better, it hasnt got the numbers to give any sort if fluidic politics so you see the same stuff over and over.
qft
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 13:37   #19
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
I dont think you are right here, there are simply too many people in tag who signed up a planet because asc was returning, but dont really play.
However, lets suppose you are, and we can challenge for the win, then it would not have effect you seem to be hoping for.
Why? because the best way for a fourth rank alliance to win is to build up a huge pile of roids while the other three contenders fight each other! This is pretty much what we are doing! Sure we would need to fight someone at some point, but not with 600 ticks to go and you three still swapping places at the top (BF temporarily in first atm, although not by most measures that matter).
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 13:43   #20
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Same shit, different day

how are you mongrels still playing this

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 13:49   #21
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
I dont think you are right here, there are simply too many people in tag who signed up a planet because asc was returning, but dont really play.
However, lets suppose you are, and we can challenge for the win, then it would not have effect you seem to be hoping for.
Why? because the best way for a fourth rank alliance to win is to build up a huge pile of roids while the other three contenders fight each other! This is pretty much what we are doing! Sure we would need to fight someone at some point, but not with 600 ticks to go and you three still swapping places at the top (BF temporarily in first atm, although not by most measures that matter).
tbh the funny thing is. If I were in BF/CT/Bows I would be pushing to roid you to the ground for easy roids, knowing that compared to Ult you guys added to the mix would be a trickle.

As it stands now, had BF played politics better they would have won tbh and if Rainbows hadnt been so trigger happy.

but all in all with 3 alliances and then half a dozen who if you add them together would just about manage 1 of the big ones... its stale politics and play it safe
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 13:53   #22
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
When was the last time a allie ranked 4, won by being fencers?
The only reason that you got roids at all is because the top 3 are actualy going at it.
When CT/BF gives up at being heroes Asc will be crushed like a fly.

Unread 21 Jun 2015, 13:54   #23
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Same shit, different day

how are you mongrels still playing this
I blame firefreeze! I keep trying to escape. I will try and quit after this round tbh. Want to organise some lolwaves and SK's on people who have irritated me first.
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 13:54   #24
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
The only reason that you got roids at all is because the top 3 are actualy going at it.
And they will deserve it. Damnit i agreed with you :-)
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 14:16   #25
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden View Post
tbh the funny thing is. If I were in BF/CT/Bows I would be pushing to roid you to the ground for easy roids, knowing that compared to Ult you guys added to the mix would be a trickle.
In effect that cant happen at all because should ct or bf hit asc or fl, then asc/fl would join with ult and smash bf or ct. Asc have already made this plainly clear.

So we are stuck in a circle where ult/ct/bf etc have to keep hitting each other and asc/fl can get as fat as they like and no-one can really do much about it.
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 14:21   #26
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
In effect that cant happen at all because should ct or bf hit asc or fl, then asc/fl would join with ult and smash bf or ct. Asc have already made this plainly clear.

So we are stuck in a circle where ult/ct/bf etc have to keep hitting each other and asc/fl can get as fat as they like and no-one can really do much about it.
This why we need bigger tags. Coward alliances will have no chance to survive.

To much people with the ability to decide who wins or not, the worst the round can get.

Unread 21 Jun 2015, 14:22   #27
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I believe Forest is referring to myself in regards to the idea of stagnating the round by napping Ultores.

What he fails to mention is the context of the entire discussion to where earlier in the round the expectation was upon myself to lead an anti-Ultores block. That because I am known to being ambitious and wanting to win that none of the other alliances would have to do anything as I, and thus Ascendancy, would deal with Ultores for them.

My entire stance was simply that others should step up to the plate for once but the amount of conspiracy theories, rumours and such that got spread around to my 'intentions' meant I have fought a uphill battle to convince people I'm not in the goal of an alliance win. Only when people realized this did others get their act together.

As for Ultores not hitting Ascendancy because of some perceived 'deal' or the fact we won't hit them - don't be foolish. This has been Ultores tactic the last few rounds, and full credit to them, they've purposefully tried to not piss off too many alliances and it has represented a dramatic shift in their policies since Spore.

I think if you ask Ultores, you'll see we don't avoid their planets in our raids nor have we ever entered discussion of cooperation. The only 'cooperation' I've had with Ultores is in the exchange of intel earlier in the round in regards to Conspiracy coordinates.

I honestly can't believe you're all moaning about politics this round when the current blocks are actually quite decent in 'fairness' for sides.
That has come about partly due to Ascendancy politics and not wanting to 'join sides'.

So sure, call me a coward for not wanting to lead the anti-Ultores block when the top two alliances at the time were being too childish, call me a coward for not wanting to tilt the balance in CT/BF OR Ultores favour right now and create an overwhelming power block but don't call me a coward just because you haven't got your way of Ascendancy hitting Ultores. I have enough balls and have proven that time after time again.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 14:24   #28
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
This why we need bigger tags. Coward alliances will have no chance to survive.

To much people with the ability to decide who wins or not, the worst the round can get.
Bigger tags would make things worse.

What you need are smaller tags so smaller alliances can actually compete and stand a chance of winning. If more alliances were in the 'threshold' of being able to win, you may see better politics.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 14:25   #29
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Did you not read what I said? because this is more or less what I said. I said we were profiting by everyone else fighting, I said we wouldnt win, if you look back a few days I have also said that asc would likely suffer if/when ult wins.
We are not fencing to the win, because we aint going to win.
You seem to like to think that no-one else knows what they are doing. We are well aware of the weaknesses of our position - but that seems to only add to the inertia and passivity we are displaying, rather than galvanizing action!
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 14:47   #30
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
Bigger tags would make things worse.

What you need are smaller tags so smaller alliances can actually compete and stand a chance of winning. If more alliances were in the 'threshold' of being able to win, you may see better politics.
FL/BF/P3ng/insert name has been well known for be more interested in trying to fence it out for planet ranks than a fluent univers.

The power of these small tags should be decreased just because its a big risk rounds will go sour.

Its not in the nature of this game to have a "big treshold" of potential winners.

Unread 21 Jun 2015, 14:50   #31
Forest

Quote:
I believe Forest is referring to myself in regards to the idea of stagnating the round by napping Ultores.
Erm, a little I guess but not fully. You implied it whereas another senior asc said it outright. That said, it was on pm, hence why I didnt name you.

Quote:
What he fails to mention is the context of the entire discussion to where earlier in the round the expectation was upon myself to lead an anti-Ultores block. That because I am known to being ambitious and wanting to win that none of the other alliances would have to do anything as I, and thus Ascendancy, would deal with Ultores for them.
That is not true. I made it quite clear that others would join you. I also made it quite clear I felt you could win/were favourites and I wasn't prepared to build a block to take on Ult and let Asc walk the win (as I believe is happening atm).
I repeated to you many times I would get you the support you needed but that I expected you to join.

Quote:
My entire stance was simply that others should step up to the plate for once but the amount of conspiracy theories, rumours and such that got spread around to my 'intentions' meant I have fought a uphill battle to convince people I'm not in the goal of an alliance win. Only when people realized this did others get their act together.
People didn't 'get their act together when they realised that'. They went after Ult because Ult were doing what they wanted and farming them. It was the only way they could reduce incomings, by hitting the people hitting them.

Quote:
As for Ultores not hitting Ascendancy because of some perceived 'deal' or the fact we won't hit them - don't be foolish. This has been Ultores tactic the last few rounds, and full credit to them, they've purposefully tried to not piss off too many alliances and it has represented a dramatic shift in their policies since Spore.
They have indeed had a big shift in politics. But as I stated with the players you have and the way you took them from other alliances you have every right to expect to win and as such should be hitting them, in the same way as when we were in spore together I vehomently argued against any agreements with anyone who would be able to outroid us in a straight fight because to be the best you have to beat the best.

Quote:
I think if you ask Ultores, you'll see we don't avoid their planets in our raids nor have we ever entered discussion of cooperation. The only 'cooperation' I've had with Ultores is in the exchange of intel earlier in the round in regards to Conspiracy coordinates.
I did ask Ultores. Their reply was 'I doubt we will hit Asc because we have Ult members in Asc and Asc members who share our alliance rooms.

I put it to you now that you wont hit each other for any military reason, but simply because Ult/Asc are so intertwined that hitting each other in any organised way would be near impossible. You are stuck in a position where you personally dont have anything like the control over politics that you need to conduct a war and that rather then try it is easier to bury your head in the sand.

Quote:
I honestly can't believe you're all moaning about politics this round when the current blocks are actually quite decent in 'fairness' for sides. That has come about partly due to Ascendancy politics and not wanting to 'join sides'.
The current blocks arent far off being exactly the same as round after round and near identical to last round.
They would be different had Asc stepped up to the plate instead of bottom feeding.

Quote:
So sure, call me a coward for not wanting to lead the anti-Ultores block when the top two alliances at the time were being too childish, call me a coward for not wanting to tilt the balance in CT/BF OR Ultores favour right now and create an overwhelming power block but don't call me a coward just because you haven't got your way of Ascendancy hitting Ultores. I have enough balls and have proven that time after time again.
Hmmm
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 15:17   #32
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Erm, a little I guess but not fully. You implied it whereas another senior asc said it outright. That said, it was on pm, hence why I didnt name you.
My implication was correct because frankly if CT/BF and others had begun to hit Ascendancy more and more than the most natural course would have been to approach Ultores. We already had seen more incomings on Ascendancy and Faceless prior to action happening against Ultores.

Quote:
That is not true. I made it quite clear that others would join you. I also made it quite clear I felt you could win/were favourites and I wasn't prepared to build a block to take on Ult and let Asc walk the win (as I believe is happening atm).
I repeated to you many times I would get you the support you needed but that I expected you to join.
I repeated to you several times that Ascendancy was never going to lead a block against Ultores. We are the 4th ranked alliance and the fact both the #2 and #3 alliance rhetoric was nothing would happen unless we set it up was in my opinion ludicrous.

Quote:
People didn't 'get their act together when they realised that'. They went after Ult because Ult were doing what they wanted and farming them. It was the only way they could reduce incomings, by hitting the people hitting them.
Of course it wasn't the only factor, but the fact Ascendancy wasn't leading a charge against Ultores meant others had to consider their own positions as Ultores weren't exactly going to sit back and do nothing and let other contenders win.

Quote:
They have indeed had a big shift in politics. But as I stated with the players you have and the way you took them from other alliances you have every right to expect to win and as such should be hitting them, in the same way as when we were in spore together I vehomently argued against any agreements with anyone who would be able to outroid us in a straight fight because to be the best you have to beat the best.
You seem to believe everyone who joined Ascendancy was of the opinion of playing their best and looking to win. That wasn't why Ascendancy formed. It was for it's former members to have fun together. Even now you still believe that Ascendancy is looking to win, when it isn't. If it was, then Ascendancy would have joined in the block war last week when it formed.

Quote:
I did ask Ultores. Their reply was 'I doubt we will hit Asc because we have Ult members in Asc and Asc members who share our alliance rooms.

I put it to you now that you wont hit each other for any military reason, but simply because Ult/Asc are so intertwined that hitting each other in any organised way would be near impossible. You are stuck in a position where you personally dont have anything like the control over politics that you need to conduct a war and that rather then try it is easier to bury your head in the sand.
Strange how we have been hitting Ultores members in galaxy raids (just like we have done with BF and CT members in our raids too) and not had any problems.

Everyone in this game has links to others and friends in other alliances, it doesn't mean the alliance won't hit another at all. The position of Ascendancy not hitting Ultores with CT/BF is because we don't want too right now. Likewise, we aren't hitting CT or BF with Ultores either, let's be fair on our neutrality.

Quote:
The current blocks arent far off being exactly the same as round after round and near identical to last round.
They would be different had Asc stepped up to the plate instead of bottom feeding.
Near identical bar for the blocks being fairly balanced this round. Let's be frank, you wanted Asc to lead the charge against Ultores and to you the fact we haven't is cowardice.

What happened to wanting to not have overwhelming power blocks, or does that only apply to if it's Ultores with the said power block? You would only be happy if Asc/Faceless joined with CT/BF against Ultores - which to me would be overwhelming for Ultores to deal with and lead to the end of that war within a week.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 15:38   #33
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

I thought ult was basicly only forts, so that Asc is targetting Ult forts must be the reason why they lost any roids at all so far

Unread 21 Jun 2015, 16:51   #34
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice

Few rounds ago ppl said the same about p3n members being in ult priv channel. P3ng won two rounds.

Asc will win.

Eksero said it before. U must listen him.
Hehe
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 21:42   #35
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

lol
/me points his finger and laughs at Forest for being the only one that didnt know asc was ult's surplus members' tag
Hahaha, you had to ask "ultores" to figure that one out

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2015, 02:04   #36
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Since Apprime folded Ultores has had their surplus members all over the place, we even got some in BowS.
Now that Asc is around they can hide most of them there, much like Apprime back in the days

Unread 22 Jun 2015, 02:36   #37
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

Forest your posts are dumb and stupid, your accusations are quite incorrect and you should discipline yourself in any way necessary.
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2015, 05:28   #38
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Since Apprime folded Ultores has had their surplus members all over the place, we even got some in BowS.
Now that Asc is around they can hide most of them there, much like Apprime back in the days
wrong
Unread 22 Jun 2015, 07:22   #39
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
Who do we have in bows?

As I said in a different thread, we had 5 people who went to Asc this round, hardly a lot
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2015, 08:04   #40
Zh|l
Inquisitor

You know it's a dark day when I am actually in agreement with Ultores in public.

The fact Chimpie's joke seem to has washed right over you, well, what more can I say...

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 22 Jun 2015, 14:26   #41
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

Good job Zhil, bringing asc back just to fence and bottom feed! Really deserve an applause!
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2015, 15:09   #42
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddah View Post
Good job Zhil, bringing asc back just to fence and bottom feed! Really deserve an applause!
Who can blame them?
Its been the meta over the last 20 rounds, make sure you roid political isolated alliances below you.
BF/Ult/Vikings/xVx have done this in the past, people have critisized them for it, but nobody punish it

Unread 22 Jun 2015, 15:36   #43
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Wouldnt happen so readily if tag limits were reduced to an acceptable limit
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2015, 15:44   #44
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
Wouldnt happen so readily if tag limits were reduced to an acceptable limit
It wouldnt be possibole if they were larger

Unread 22 Jun 2015, 19:16   #45
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddah View Post

1) I didn't bring Ascendancy back. I was asked to take part along with Lokken and I chose to do so rather than continue my role in BF as politics advisor, simply because I didn't want to compete at the top level.

2) This is the first round I've done anything in Ascendancy. The reason for this is because I've always got on with the core of Ascendancy and this stems from times with jester back in earlier rounds.

3) What would you like Asc to do exactly? Do you want us to help one side win the war totally? Perhaps we should put it up as a public poll on here so people can vote which side they want Asc to help?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 22 Jun 2015, 19:57   #46
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post

As I said in a different thread, we had 5 people who went to Asc this round, hardly a lot
Maybe you only had 5 ppl who left to join asc.

But you have a fair number of players already playing elsewhere that are in your private room who also joined asc, right?
Unread 22 Jun 2015, 21:59   #47
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Maybe you only had 5 ppl who left to join asc.

But you have a fair number of players already playing elsewhere that are in your private room who also joined asc, right?
Um... no?

Do share who you think that might be though!
Unread 22 Jun 2015, 22:41   #48
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Um... no?

Do share who you think that might be though!
I always thought HEROES were a partly made of by surplus Ults wanting to troll instead of playing serious.
Theyve been critisized for being Pro ult in the past, maybe thats why.
Last round i spoke with a guy not even in Ult about Ult/BowS matters

Unread 22 Jun 2015, 23:07   #49
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
I always thought HEROES were a partly made of by surplus Ults wanting to troll instead of playing serious.
Theyve been critisized for being Pro ult in the past, maybe thats why.
Last round i spoke with a guy not even in Ult about Ult/BowS matters
We dont have anyone who's in heroes / has been.. you thought wrong pal!
Unread 23 Jun 2015, 00:41   #50
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
We dont have anyone who's in heroes / has been.. you thought wrong pal!
Quote:
This is just nonsense.
From what i can see comparing the membership atm with last round's history page Asc is made up of:
9 HODORS
5 Rogues
4 CTs
4 Ults
4 Faceless
1 Black Flag
1 P3nguin
1 zz-crew
1 DARKNIGHT
1 [gosu]
1 CREATE ALLIANCE
and 2 with no tag
The rest either didnt play or played under a different nick.
HODORS clearly dominates policy!!
Aha, clearly you dont have any HODORS/HEROES?
Or are you talking about "we" as in your other tag Ultores?
This is getting confusing