User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 25 Apr 2007, 21:22   #1
Dom32

Dom32 will become famous soon enoughDom32 will become famous soon enough
Alliance scans

Ive never really noticed this before as normally Im a scanner but when randomly scanning through gals ive just thought wouldnt it be useful to have on the right a list of stored alliance scans. So say theres a unit scan of a planet it would look like this and you could click on the U to view the scan ur alliance mate has done already

e.g

# Ruler Planet On Race Size Value Score Scan Stored Scans
1 xxxxx yyyyy xxxx zzz ????? ????? PSTUFJA U
Dom32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 22:46   #2
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road
Re: Alliance scans

If scanners allow the alliance to see their scans in the preference menu then members and up of an alliance can click the scan section to look at past scans .

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2007, 00:06   #3
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

I think rather than this, partly because it is going to be denied due to the limitations of skins anyway, a simple link to the alliance scans search page would be better (of course forwarding you to the list of all scans done on that planet).

That would be better because it would create less clutter on the galaxy page, and you can view all scans from tick 0 to tick 1200, and it wouldn't take you to the one it thinks you necessarily want.

Nice idea though

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2007, 16:34   #4
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Wouldn't this mean the galaxy page (and hence all others) needs to be wider?

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2007, 10:58   #5
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Did you read my post?

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
Unread 27 Apr 2007, 11:28   #6
myk
PA Team

myk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Yes. Did you read my post?
Maybe he didn't understand it properly, but I did read your post. I am actually quite interested in this idea.

However I would alter it a bit, instead of making serious changes to the layout of the galaxy page why not utilise the space which you would normally see a A if they are in your alliance. The two shouldn't clash as those in your alliance you probably won't scan anyway. What do you reckon?

-myk-

[email protected]
myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2007, 14:15   #7
The Real Arfy

I reckon if there are scans on your alliance mates, keep them as a link, but have the link the same green colour.

Unread 3 May 2007, 21:10   #8
Dom32

Dom32 will become famous soon enoughDom32 will become famous soon enough

Sorry i dont know if i gave the right impression. At the moment you have on the right hand side the letters for scans you can attempt to do i was just suggesting having another column which if there was say an advanced unit scan which had been done my a member of ur ally who allows the ally to view their scans then a little A would be in that column and you could click it to open that scan. Yes i do know you can get them another way but this way makes them easier to access and more user friendly i feel and i dont think it would make the page all that much wider
Dom32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2007, 22:44   #9
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom32
Sorry i dont know if i gave the right impression. At the moment you have on the right hand side the letters for scans you can attempt to do i was just suggesting having another column which if there was say an advanced unit scan which had been done my a member of ur ally who allows the ally to view their scans then a little A would be in that column and you could click it to open that scan. Yes i do know you can get them another way but this way makes them easier to access and more user friendly i feel and i dont think it would make the page all that much wider
the problem isn't that the page wouldn't be "that much wider", its that it would be wider.
it already can't fit the things it has well enough, ie it can't fit the full length of ruler/planet names, so adding more contents would mean we either have to make the whole page wider, something which would effect all pages and all skins as such, or we'd have to start adding a second row per planet.
Ofc there's the option of replacing existing contents, but there really isn't any that can be.
Considering the impacts on layout/pages this would have and how little of a benefit there would be, i don't really see it as something worth adding.

If this was something we would really consider to add, it would be much more likely to have it in a way that the current chars for scans got "highlighted" if there already existed a scan of that type on that planet, and when you hit the link you would be directed to that scan with the option to do a new one, providing you actually had the required research etc.
Though such an option would slow down the loading of the galaxy page due to having to look for scans for each planet on the currently viewed galaxy.
I still don't really see the benefit being enough to warrant the adding though.
Not to mention that it has the potential to create confusion as ppl might not notice, nor consider, that they were viewing a scan which potentially was days old.
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2007, 00:25   #10
viC
Carnivorous Flamingo

viC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus
the problem isn't that the page wouldn't be "that much wider", its that it would be wider.
it already can't fit the things it has well enough, ie it can't fit the full length of ruler/planet names, so adding more contents would mean we either have to make the whole page wider, something which would effect all pages and all skins as such, or we'd have to start adding a second row per planet.
Ofc there's the option of replacing existing contents, but there really isn't any that can be.
Considering the impacts on layout/pages this would have and how little of a benefit there would be, i don't really see it as something worth adding.

If this was something we would really consider to add, it would be much more likely to have it in a way that the current chars for scans got "highlighted" if there already existed a scan of that type on that planet, and when you hit the link you would be directed to that scan with the option to do a new one, providing you actually had the required research etc.
Though such an option would slow down the loading of the galaxy page due to having to look for scans for each planet on the currently viewed galaxy.
I still don't really see the benefit being enough to warrant the adding though.
Not to mention that it has the potential to create confusion as ppl might not notice, nor consider, that they were viewing a scan which potentially was days old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myk
However I would alter it a bit, instead of making serious changes to the layout of the galaxy page why not utilise the space which you would normally see a A if they are in your alliance. The two shouldn't clash as those in your alliance you probably won't scan anyway. What do you reckon?
viC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2007, 01:29   #11
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

ok, just to say it again, there isn't room.
the spot myk is refering to isn't usable, it's just something pushing it's way into the space used by the z-coords...and that's 1 char forcing it's way in.
to have room for something like what is suggested here, we would have to make room for ALL scans possible, so that's quite alot more than just the single alliance "mark".
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2007, 01:51   #12
The Real Arfy

NO. He (and I, read up) are not suggesting we make room for ALL scans possible. I/we are talking about:

If there is a scan on that planet, put the A there as a link to /alliance_scans.pl?coords=1:2:3
If there is a scan on that planet and that planet is also in your alliance, put the A there linking as normal but in a different colour.
If there is no scan on that planet and that planet is in your alliance, put an A there, but it is not a link.
Finally if there are neither scans on the planet nor is it in your alliance, leave it how it is.

Unread 4 May 2007, 07:01   #13
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

or just if you wanna save space make the planet name and link to the scans page. heh
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2007, 11:12   #14
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

The idea sounds nice BUT if a alliance sets the level for seing scans to HC only there will be no scans to show.

So it will mean a useless button for "most" ppl anyway.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2007, 12:00   #15
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
The idea sounds nice BUT if a alliance sets the level for seing scans to HC only there will be no scans to show.

Wouldn't an alliance HC have to be mentally deficient not to share scans with members?

Oh, point taken.
Unread 4 May 2007, 15:06   #16
viC
Carnivorous Flamingo

viC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace

If there are no scans the button won't be visible [just like if the planet is not in your alliance there is no A next to its name]
viC is offline   Reply With Quote