User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 15 Apr 2007, 05:03   #1
Dorraj
[TGV]

Dorraj has a little shameless behaviour in the past
when is the bloody shuffle

its bound to be soon

im guessing pt 36

but i cant find it writen anywehere?!
Round 16 - No PA
Round 17 - TGV - Officer
Round 18 - Omen - Officer
Round 19 - TGV - HC
Round 20 - TGV - Officer
Round 21 - TGV - Officer
Round 22 - 42 - No PA
Round 43 - TGV - Peon
Dorraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2007, 05:33   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: when is the bloody shuffle

It is Tick 36.

Yes, it probably should be placed on the Overview somewhere, i'll poke appoco so he'll do it when he wakes up again. The manual refers to shuffles at tick 36, and its been like that for a long time now.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2007, 07:44   #3
Dorraj
[TGV]

yeh i guessed it would be 36, but thought i should check it up anyway, because you never know with this game, they migth just change something on you, lol

annndddd

on a different note

being able to que research would be sweeeeeet!
Round 16 - No PA
Round 17 - TGV - Officer
Round 19 - TGV - HC
Round 20 - TGV - Officer
Round 21 - TGV - Officer
Round 22 - 42 - No PA
Round 43 - TGV - Peon
Unread 15 Apr 2007, 08:41   #4
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Research queing isnt as important though, as pretty soon each one will take 2 days or whatever to finish; constructions that are finishing in 6-9 ticks otoh are a bit different.

anyway, that's prolly something more for the suggestions forum anyway. <3
Unread 15 Apr 2007, 09:06   #5
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Worst shuffle EVER.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2007, 10:33   #6
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

yep
Unread 15 Apr 2007, 10:56   #7
Whitemetal

Whitemetal has much to be proud ofWhitemetal has much to be proud ofWhitemetal has much to be proud ofWhitemetal has much to be proud ofWhitemetal has much to be proud ofWhitemetal has much to be proud ofWhitemetal has much to be proud ofWhitemetal has much to be proud ofWhitemetal has much to be proud of

Are the galaxy sizes fixed now or will newbies be slotted in existing galaxies?
Unread 15 Apr 2007, 10:57   #8
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

not mine it is brilliant and i love it and it is good

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2007, 10:58   #9
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemetal
Are the galaxy sizes fixed now or will newbies be slotted in existing galaxies?
They are not fixed, no. Although I'm liking that we seem to have more galaxies than before - congrats on finding BPs guys!

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
Unread 15 Apr 2007, 11:01   #10
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Unpaid people should be put in their own galaxies.
People who actualy pay get stuck with wank people with 10 roids..

Unread 15 Apr 2007, 12:13   #11
viC
Carnivorous Flamingo

viC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Although I'm liking that we seem to have more galaxies than before - congrats on finding BPs guys!
That could have something to do with the 28 galaxies that are on 6 planets a piece.
viC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2007, 12:37   #12
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
Worst shuffle EVER.
And it didn't quite work as announced.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2007, 13:15   #13
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Does it ever?

Unread 15 Apr 2007, 14:10   #14
viC
Carnivorous Flamingo

viC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
You're insinuating it worked, at least to some degree. :(
viC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2007, 14:30   #15
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
in what sense?

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2007, 15:54   #16
The Real Arfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by viC
That could have something to do with the 28 galaxies that are on 6 planets a piece.
Oh my, you've noticed that the number of galaxies and signups weren't nice and round. Those 28 galaxies will probably have missed out on an inactive unpaid random, and will fill up in tick 72.

Unread 15 Apr 2007, 15:56   #17
The Real Arfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
in what sense?
In the sense that you had to have a rollback, and run a 2nd shuffle, which reset everyone's research and construction. Its also nice that you're refusing to compensate those people who were online at the start of the tick, set their stuff up, slept for a couple of ticks and came back only to find they've missed precious ticks.

P.S. No it didn't happen to me.

Unread 15 Apr 2007, 22:02   #18
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
in what sense?
In the sense that unlike announced (At shuffle time, all planets with less than 20 asteroids who are at least a day old and not in vacation mode will be placed in c200 - previously an overlooked bug has stopped a similar system from succesfully completing.) all planets with less than 20 asteroids who were at least one day old and were not in vacation mode were not placed in c200.
Unread 16 Apr 2007, 06:46   #19
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
In the sense that unlike announced (At shuffle time, all planets with less than 20 asteroids who are at least a day old and not in vacation mode will be placed in c200 - previously an overlooked bug has stopped a similar system from succesfully completing.) all planets with less than 20 asteroids who were at least one day old and were not in vacation mode were not placed in c200.
Idd.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2007, 06:53   #20
Dorraj
[TGV]

Quote:
In the sense that you had to have a rollback, and run a 2nd shuffle, which reset everyone's research and construction. Its also nice that you're refusing to compensate those people who were online at the start of the tick, set their stuff up, slept for a couple of ticks and came back only to find they've missed precious ticks.

P.S. No it didn't happen to me.

ummm there were actually 3 shuffles, hahaha

annnd

pa team try their best guys, who cares if it wasnt 100% awesome, we are ina world where people make mistakes, just let them go. The reason the game has teh exiling function is so you can get rid of inactive n00bs from your gal, so use it

thats what im doing
Round 16 - No PA
Round 17 - TGV - Officer
Round 19 - TGV - HC
Round 20 - TGV - Officer
Round 21 - TGV - Officer
Round 22 - 42 - No PA
Round 43 - TGV - Peon
Unread 16 Apr 2007, 08:29   #21
The Real Arfy

That's completely missing my point. As to "who cares", I already said - the people who set their constructions and resources, went to sleep, and came back only to find that they had been reset due to no fault of their own and PATeam had made no compensation.

Now I know that the first 200 ticks usually means **** all but thats really not the point.

Unread 16 Apr 2007, 11:48   #22
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
That's completely missing my point. As to "who cares", I already said - the people who set their constructions and resources, went to sleep, and came back only to find that they had been reset due to no fault of their own and PATeam had made no compensation.

Now I know that the first 200 ticks usually means **** all but thats really not the point.
from my understanding of what went on - people who happened to set their res/con or inited roids in a 6 minute or so period in tick 36 will have had thoose actions removed.

This will be a very small number of people as most people who were online for the shuffle would stay online to meet their new galaxies.

I think it is reasonable to assume that the shuffle is a risky process and things might go wrong - hence why we take a db backup beforehand. Therefore taking actions before things have had a chance to settle down is risky and people should do it at their own risk.

Now we are sorry that there was an error in the original shuffle. But this was identified quicly and rectified. There is no way for us to identify thoose who took actions in the 6 minute window. All we know is that it would have been a very small number of users.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 16 Apr 2007, 12:06   #23
The Real Arfy

Sure - I understand that. Why does this happen every round? I'd have thought after ~6 of them running the same code it would have been tested and working.

Unread 16 Apr 2007, 12:35   #24
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
OBVIOUSLY DRUNKEN RANT
Now, care to address the issue of the planets with less than 20 roids and more than 24 hours under their belt not getting thrown into c200 as announced?
Unread 16 Apr 2007, 13:38   #25
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Sure - I understand that. Why does this happen every round? I'd have thought after ~6 of them running the same code it would have been tested and working.
There isn't really a good excuse for this I agree. Hopefully there will be no more big issues this round.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 16 Apr 2007, 14:26   #26
Tietäjä
Good Son

Can you try answer my question or are you intentionally avoiding it retard?
Unread 16 Apr 2007, 14:51   #27
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

This is more or less idle speculation; but maybe it was that "feature" - removing certain planets from the ticker - that caused it to bugger up?

If your galaxy has one of these planets in, please drop by #Support.
Unread 16 Apr 2007, 14:56   #28
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
This is more or less idle speculation; but maybe it was that "feature" - removing certain planets from the ticker - that caused it to bugger up?

If your galaxy has one of these planets in, please drop by #Support.
And in no way would it be reasonable to announce this so that people not following the idle speculation but that have read the empty promises fledged in announcements written by halfwits like Kal are aware that there's actually a method besides cumbersome exiling (which is also costly to the galaxy, with the piling up formulae) of getting rid of the idle planets?
Unread 16 Apr 2007, 15:13   #29
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
And in no way would it be reasonable to announce this so that people not following the idle speculation but that have read the empty promises fledged in announcements written by halfwits like Kal are aware that there's actually a method besides cumbersome exiling (which is also costly to the galaxy, with the piling up formulae) of getting rid of the idle planets?
Announcing it would probbaly be a good idea, yes. Another good idea, i think, is that you take up some meditation. Alas, i'm not in a position to announce or promise anything; it was merely an invitation to drop by #support, to discuss the issue of planets who "should" have been exiled that havent, where a decision by an admin with exile powers who presumably is following precedent will make a decision on a case by case basis.

I wonder, am i becoming too cynnical?
Unread 16 Apr 2007, 15:17   #30
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
Sadly, i was also under the impression that betas found out major bugs - alas, it seems not all goes to plan .

Having said that though, the shuffle b0rking was strange, and to me, inexplicable (except aforementioned idle speculation, of course ).
Unread 16 Apr 2007, 15:28   #31
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Alas, i'm not in a position to announce or promise anything
This is why I've been attempting to enquire the Planetarion Team member posting on this thread for answers regarding the issue. Appears he's either too inept to read the question or prefers to sweep it under the carpet instead of actually coming up with an answer (that be anything, then) to it.
Unread 16 Apr 2007, 15:48   #32
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Why let peons into beta anyways?
"Hire" proper folk who know what they are doing and who do not play beta to gain score....

Unread 16 Apr 2007, 15:54   #33
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
Why let peons into beta anyways?
"Hire" proper folk who know what they are doing and who do not play beta to gain score....
The private beta (that happened before the public beta) did actually include some "more sane" people (Wandows, Lockhead, et cetera) that have a clue about betatesting and coding in general.

The downside is, these sane people ofter got drowned into drivel of a handful of talented and able Support team members who are for some reason Support team and for an even more bizzarre reason around with the private betatesting.

At some point, there was a tag to "Test the ship statistics" (for an unexplained reason, I'm not sure if it was Appoco or Monroe [who was later proven not to have the slightest clue on how the combat engine works, and who ended up feeling how zikonian works is a bug instead of a feature] who required that to happen), which is probably a bit hapless, but I suppose it has it's uses in micromanaging ships.
Unread 16 Apr 2007, 16:09   #34
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

>_<

Unread 16 Apr 2007, 19:05   #35
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Unfortunatly I have been at work all day and the only thing I have access to is forums there. I'm also very busy at work atm so haven't been able to check this thread that often. I'll try to find out if the inactives exiling part of the shuffler worked as planned or not for you.

During the round itself inactives are auto-exiled. I can't remember how it works off the top of my head, but it is in the manual. Additionally someone in #support should be able to help with that one.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 16 Apr 2007, 19:13   #36
Kal
Inactive peon

Appoco takes responsibility for the shuffle errors. The following happened to inactives:

FREE planets who were not in vacation, had less than 35 roids and hadn't logged in in the last 24 ticks went to c200 instead of ALL planets who had less than 20 roids who were more than a day old.

I hope that clarifies things.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 16 Apr 2007, 20:21   #37
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
FREE planets who were not in vacation, had less than 35 roids and hadn't logged in in the last 24 ticks went to c200 instead of ALL planets who had less than 20 roids who were more than a day old.
Okay, so, someone just made a completely shit announcement. Well, this clears it pretty much.
Unread 16 Apr 2007, 20:38   #38
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

lucky me :-)

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2007, 02:34   #39
Dorraj
[TGV]

lol

i think you need to take a holiday Tietäjä, getting very worked up over a game

i know it was annoing, i was slightly annoyed to, but these guys are only human, dont bite their heads of too much mate

Round 16 - No PA
Round 17 - TGV - Officer
Round 19 - TGV - HC
Round 20 - TGV - Officer
Round 21 - TGV - Officer
Round 22 - 42 - No PA
Round 43 - TGV - Peon