User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 15 Dec 2006, 00:56   #1
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice
an ez gfx add?

http://pics.managerleague.com/oldplanetarion

from that thread by marv in the other forums way over there sumwhere

http://spinner.managerleague.com/oldplanetarion?page=4

thats from the OLD planetarions tuff spinner had.... you know when we are on the fleet spage and we click a ship name and some little stats pop up, wouldnt be sweet if a little image of the ships came up to....

DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 01:03   #2
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold
Re: an ez gfx add?

Ahh memories.

One thing I'd love would be to bring back the old homapage. A different spacey picture every round with just the 4 links on it. Nothing else. I remember trying to click where I thought the login button might be instead of waiting for my 14kbps modem to load the whole image.

Classic.
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 17:41   #3
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

why wouldnt we recycle one of these images and make a legit splash page?
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 19:22   #4
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Because the community wants it

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 20:41   #5
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I have nothing against putting a prettier splash screen at game.planetarion.com and beta.planetarion.com

But it would require some graphics people...

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 20:48   #6
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

or just use
http://spinner.managerleague.com/old...anner_template

edit: probably good reasons why images like that can't be reused. i know nothing.

Last edited by Barrow|Pony; 15 Dec 2006 at 21:00.
Barrow|Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 21:16   #7
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
This is the main crux with regards to Planetarion graphics at the moment.
Unread 16 Dec 2006, 04:53   #8
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I have nothing against putting a prettier splash screen at game.planetarion.com and beta.planetarion.com

Photoshop (hell, even paint), Crop, use the helmet looking thing. Its pretty good. A retro graphic for an even more retro game.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
Unread 16 Dec 2006, 15:17   #9
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I promise i'll look into it when i have the time.
Been vry busy lately so designing stuff for pa has gone down alot on my prioritys
I did the gfx for the portal (kinda flawed menu's i know) and also made a new splash page for game.planetarion.com (with the login, register, ... buttons)
It was ready just before r19 started but it hasn't been used, gfx isn't a main priority for pa coders sooo...
for those who care: clicky here for my splashpage design
If people want me to make a new one, just poke me around on irc a bit when i'm on

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2006, 23:50   #10
The Real Arfy

VdM: Nice effort, although I'd scrap everything except the middle (rounded rectangle bit) and put it all on the center of a black backgrounded page. Underneath we have the links: GAME | FORUMS

Unread 17 Dec 2006, 12:27   #11
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

That was my original idea aswell, but they wanted it to match the page we have now at game.planetarion.com, so they could just slice it up and put it in the code we have allready

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 17 Dec 2006, 12:46   #12
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
That was my original idea aswell, but they wanted it to match the page we have now at game.planetarion.com, so they could just slice it up and put it in the code we have allready
changing the code isn't much of an issue

In fact the last person to redesign the page simply supplied all of the code and all the images.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 17 Dec 2006, 13:03   #13
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
changing the code isn't much of an issue

In fact the last person to redesign the page simply supplied all of the code and all the images.
Thats not what they told me when they asked me to do it

Unread 17 Dec 2006, 15:37   #14
The Real Arfy

Quote:
That is a shit idea. Tell them no.

Unread 17 Dec 2006, 20:28   #15
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Thats not what they told me when they asked me to do it
I'll tell you now then

If anyone wants to do graphics for in game, portal, game.planetarion.com, they have (depending on which site) considerable control over the entire layout.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???