User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:30   #51
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: I hate 1up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
My response was blatently sarcastic and then you tell me to grow up in hypocritical reply?

If HR was having such an easy round, where is our fat roid count? I can also make the exact same claim to some 1up players, LCH, mistu; with the HR-ND war. Anyway, im gonna tell you fook in regards to what HR is doing now, just for the arrogance of your reply.
Firstly your response wasn't sarcastic, it was juvenile. My question had nothing to do with anything jerome` might or might not have said. It was a question from me directed straight at you.

Would that be the 2 day ND-HR war where 1up and LCH were completely deadlocked whilst hitting each other and our roidcounts moved by about 2% over the course of a week?

So essentially what you're doing is avoiding the question? Well done. How is it over there in mediocrity?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:31   #52
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
ya, I for one am not the copycat or the bandwagon jumper with no own opinion but a " whatever makes me popular" opinion which 80% of AD posters have imo. So I rather be different then most posters, in whatever sence pple think I am.
Trust me, you've succeeded in your intention. Only, you've fallen into that "other group." You know, the one people single out to rip on, or your name is in a number of Ignore Lists. Think about that.

Quote:
And well, you think Jester's modding is fair, I don't ... I guess we both have our opinions about that. I'm sure alot pple will agree with you on this while I know pple that agree with me on this.
Duh? Let's just have a right vs. wrong discussion here. I'm too tired to write five lines that will be ignored.*

*Yes, I too find that funny!
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:35   #53
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
You should go chat with jerome first and clarify if thats possible because we maybe napped you see.
To me, this doesn't read as sarcasm.

Let alone blatant.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:41   #54
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbieRogue4
Trust me, you've succeeded in your intention. Only, you've fallen into that "other group." You know, the one people single out to rip on, or your name is in a number of Ignore Lists. Think about that.
If I'd honnestly care about whether pple ignore me or not, then I'd be like 80% of AD. I'd shape my opinion into what others want to hear and make myself popular. Pple ignoring me are quite funny, says more about themselves then me tbh.

I think ignoring is the one of the most childish behaviors of the human being ... "lalalalala I can't hear what you say..." additude

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:53   #55
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Having taken time out from my vitally important schedule of debauchery and hedonism I would like to offer jester my full support publically. I'm not sure why I'd do this but this seems to be a thread taken over by the drama llama and seeing as I'm hardly one to miss a semi-decent bandwagon.....

If any mod begins to show bias which is detracting from their ability to perform their duties words will obviously be had. And don't worry readers I'm so unbiased I even forgot to get a planet this round
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:54   #56
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
I Pple ignoring me are quite funny, says more about themselves then me tbh.
it depends fully on the circumstances though. it could be taken easily in either ways.

On the topic of Jester`s modding, I don`t really find him to be biased, like most others, I`ve had (plenty, understandbly ofc) of my posts deleted by him. I view him as a more 'social' mod, in the way that, he tries to inject some humour via displaying irony & sarcasm etc in his posts. Generally, people whining of his "bias" are quite reminiscent of the very same kinds of people who you see in #planetarion at the end of the round, who whine of how the winners definitely cheated etcetc, trying to make themselves look semi-decent by undermining those who`ve, when it comes down to it, performed better than them or overshadowed in this case as it seems to be.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 03:08   #57
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

I like the job jester has done, not only do i think he is fair, but i think he has tryed to improve AD as both a mod and a regular member posting his opinions. People need to differentiate from him doing his job as a mod (being fair) and him making posts discussing what ever the topic is (his opinion)
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 03:20   #58
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
To me, this doesn't read as sarcasm.

Let alone blatant.
"we maybe napped you see" <- so you cant see the sarcasm here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
My question had nothing to do with anything jerome` might or might not have said
Are you serious? You quoted a comment i made which was directed at jeromes HR-LCH Nap sh1t and then basically asked "so if there was no nap(as jerome said), are you gonna help peg LCH back?". You musn't be aware of what your typing if you think your question had no connection with jeromes?:/

Quote:
Would that be the 2 day ND-HR war where 1up and LCH were completely deadlocked whilst hitting each other and our roidcounts moved by about 2% over the course of a week?
Im not sure how you could miss the exact same growth qualities for both HR & ND for the first week of our war?

Quote:
So essentially what you're doing is avoiding the question?
Yeah, well done, finally somebody broke my code of "Im gonna tell you fook all" and realised i wasnt going to answer the question! Well done! Brilliant!

Note: The above sentance was made in sarcasm, due to previous complaints, all further sarcastic replys will be posted with a warning to prevent any further mistunderstandings.
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 03:28   #59
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Well.. it does seem like top2-top10 are more interested in trying to get 1up out of top10 then to keep lch from taking #1. Havn't sold your souls yet have you? Pleased with yourself just where u are? Won't try to get a higher rank in fear of loosing a rank?
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 03:32   #60
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:

Are you serious? You quoted a comment i made
QED

Quote:
Im not sure how you could miss the exact same growth qualities for both HR & ND for the first week of our war?
You had a single day of red figures and all the rest were green. I would never go anyway to calling it a war, just a mere skirmish. No-one an truly have a real war with HR simply due to the fact of how thinly your players a spread. No alliance has the means or resources to hit you en masse effectively, so stop playing up how tough you had it.

Quote:
Yeah, well done, finally somebody broke my code of "Im gonna tell you fook all" and realised i wasnt going to answer the question! Well done! Brilliant!
If you spent less time trying to make fun of people and sound "clever" you'd realise than you can say a great deal about things and not really tell anyone anything. It's merely about creating a perceived image for ones alliance. My perception of HR at the moment is that you are a bunch of AD smartarses who are quite willing to run around telling everyone they've joined the "top 5" and show absolutely no evidence of it. Nothing you have posted tonight has given me reason to think any other way.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 03:47   #61
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

However, the stats show HR are 3rd, and while they can't be targetted specifically very easy, they DO get more general incoming as a result of being so spread out, so both claims are essentially flawed

As for 1up, there is a good reason to be concerned of them as a threat, but right now look at pilkara and see LCH looming over everyone. They should be the primary concern.

The only solution i can see to this thread is to bang some heads together - crikey even Storebo, who i've had many disagreements with in the past (there's some of his post i'd flame if i could be bothered with argument) can see that what both of you are posting here is nonsense on stilts.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 03:48   #62
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
QED
Please explain to me how this is supposed to prove something you wanted to prove?

Quote:
You had a single day of red figures and all the rest were green. I would never go anyway to calling it a war, just a mere skirmish. No-one an truly have a real war with HR simply due to the fact of how thinly your players a spread. No alliance has the means or resources to hit you en masse effectively, so stop playing up how tough you had it.
How does NOT being in red prove it NOT to be a war? Just like what you descibed for 1up vs LCH, HR vs ND war stagnated each side from the start (after that initial day of red when HR had 3allies hit it).

Quote:
If you spent less time trying to make fun of people and sound "clever" you'd realise than you can say a great deal about things and not really tell anyone anything.
This is AD, people try to make fun of each other and try to sound clever ALL the time.
Plus my reply to you was giving just as much as you gave me with: "Well done. How is it over there in mediocrity?"

Quote:
It's merely about creating a perceived image for ones alliance. My perception of HR at the moment is that you are a bunch of AD smartarses who are quite willing to run around telling everyone they've joined the "top 5" and show absolutely no evidence of it. Nothing you have posted tonight has given me reason to think any other way.
I didnt realise us alliances had to provide you evidence on ADs to support what is shown on Universal Rankings? It is interesting you make a generalised opinion of HR based on 1 persons post though.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 03:50   #63
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

I miss round 4 forums =/
[1up]
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 03:52   #64
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate having not been able to read your famous r8 thread before you deleted it, Storebo
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 04:04   #65
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
I hate having not been able to read your famous r8 thread before you deleted it, Storebo
Think they quoted alot of it in the "winner thread" from that battle =/
[1up]
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 06:07   #66
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
You are like that referee during a footballmatch who considers himself more important then the players on field.

"that guy'
The ref/arbiter/mod has full authority. Such is life.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 06:13   #67
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Quote:
I think ignoring is the one of the most childish behaviors of the human being ... "lalalalala I can't hear what you say..." additude
Less noise in the environment is beneficial to ones mental health.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 06:14   #68
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

This thread reeks from the lack of alcohol.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 06:22   #69
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
I win for trolling CrazyConrad, then him hitting my galaxy.

Oh, and apparently LCH can't get it done alone, so they needed Mistu AND Vengeance as well. "Pld" and whatnot.

lollyroffle
haha, dont get all to exited now Cochese, I am quite easily trolled tbh heh...
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 08:13   #70
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Quote:
If I'd honnestly care about whether pple ignore me or not, then I'd be like 80% of AD.
It's not an issue of you care or not.

Quote:
I'd shape my opinion into what others want to hear and make myself popular.
You are, in a way. But 80% of AD users? No, not nearly so much.

Quote:
Pple ignoring me are quite funny, says more about themselves then me tbh.
It says they are sane. :eek:

Quote:
Actually, it's quite a virtue. Being able to ignore digs.

Take a leaf, etc.

Quote:
"we maybe napped you see" <- so you cant see the sarcasm here?
No. I say this because I have no idea what's going on this round, let alone the political status of alliances. In addition, a generalized "[SARCASM]" tag or good ol' "" never hurt to get your "cleverness" across.

Unread 14 Nov 2004, 09:18   #71
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storebo
Think they quoted alot of it in the "winner thread" from that battle =/
It was a classic after all. Personally I was cracking up with laughter, when I saw the quotes in Titans channels.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 11:05   #72
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

This is funny.

P.S I hate 1up too.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN

Last edited by Linkie; 14 Nov 2004 at 12:11.
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 11:21   #73
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You are, in a way. But 80% of AD users? No, not nearly so much.
Erm, I've never shaped my opinion in such a way that it would contribute to my popularity. I just write my opinion not thinking about what others might think about it. Maybe that's why I'm a flame-magnet from time to time, but again, it says more about them then me.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 11:41   #74
Kattepis
De aroma komt je tegemoet

Kattepis is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath
1up rocks.

The rest of you suck.

Thank you.
Hehehehe lol
Kattepis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 12:35   #75
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Please explain to me how this is supposed to prove something you wanted to prove?
Like you said it was your comment I quoted. Thus meaning I was pertaining to what you said. The fact you were answering someone else is completely irrelevent. The question was posted with direct reference to a comment you made.

Quote:
How does NOT being in red prove it NOT to be a war? Just like what you descibed for 1up vs LCH, HR vs ND war stagnated each side from the start (after that initial day of red when HR had 3allies hit it).
You're right, I should've ben clearer. By green I meant roid/score gains > 1%. This shows that there isn't significant enough roid swapping to constitue a war because ND had the same gains too. Most days you both managed > 2% growth. If you'd looked at LCH/1up in the period of their first war you'd see growth on both sides was less than or equal to 1% nearly every day.

Quote:
This is AD, people try to make fun of each other and try to sound clever ALL the time.
Plus my reply to you was giving just as much as you gave me with: "Well done. How is it over there in mediocrity?"
That wasn't a flippant throw away comment or me trying to be clever. It was what I consider to be the exact description of HR. You have made no moves to make a significant impact on this round by taking on a target that might cause you difficulty. From your performance this round I don't consider you "top 5", as you seem to love runnig round saying, I consider you a mediocre alliance.

Quote:
I didnt realise us alliances had to provide you evidence on ADs to support what is shown on Universal Rankings? It is interesting you make a generalised opinion of HR based on 1 persons post though.
I also didn't realise us other alliances had to take your word on the boards that you've "moved up a gear" in the last couple of rounds and are now to be considered as players. If you want to bang on about how much more seriously HR have decided to take this round then I, possibly wrongly, assume that your likely to show evidence of it by trying to have an influence on the outcome of a round. As yet this is something I have yet to see.

Quote:
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 13:42   #76
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I also didn't realise us other alliances had to take your word on the boards that you've "moved up a gear" in the last couple of rounds and are now to be considered as players. If you want to bang on about how much more seriously HR have decided to take this round then I, possibly wrongly, assume that your likely to show evidence of it by trying to have an influence on the outcome of a round. As yet this is something I have yet to see.
HR kicked me in the groin

Now that's leet.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 16:46   #77
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Quote:
That wasn't a flippant throw away comment or me trying to be clever. It was what I consider to be the exact description of HR. You have made no moves to make a significant impact on this round by taking on a target that might cause you difficulty. From your performance this round I don't consider you "top 5", as you seem to love runnig round saying, I consider you a mediocre alliance.
We do? Please show me all these self-egotistical posts by HRers.

Quote:
I also didn't realise us other alliances had to take your word on the boards that you've "moved up a gear" in the last couple of rounds
Dont the stats speak for themself?

Quote:
and are now to be considered as players. If you want to bang on about how much more seriously HR have decided to take this round then I, possibly wrongly, assume that your likely to show evidence of it by trying to have an influence on the outcome of a round. As yet this is something I have yet to see.
This is ofc where the problem lies, you like so many people on this board expect to be shown evidence of events. You want to hold in your hands battle reports, declaration of war threads, gal status showing an alliance targetting another alliance.

If you are really so interested in such information, why dont you go around the relevant alliances and ask them? But as i said before, there is no need for me to fill the info-hole in your stomach just because of the way you've gone about trying to obtain it;
- provoke a reaction > argue/ flame > win the information \o/

ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Post
Does that mean you might start trying to peg them back at some point or are you satisfied with your rank 2/3 finish and not really having to break sweat for it?
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 17:40   #78
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
However, the stats show HR are 3rd, and while they can't be targetted specifically very easy, they DO get more general incoming as a result of being so spread out, so both claims are essentially flawed
HR has spread their members very well around the universe this round, which makes it really hard to target them. They dont have many gals with 3 members in, most are 2. If they had 3-4 members in each gal, ofc they would be dead by now
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 18:19   #79
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate 1up too.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 23:00   #80
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You aren't a very good mod Jester. I suspect that if someone else had made this thread, you'd have deleted it on grounds that it encourages trolling and petty squabbling.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 23:28   #81
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
You aren't a very good mod Jester. I suspect that if someone else had made this thread, you'd have deleted it on grounds that it encourages trolling and petty squabbling.
Like not having this thead would improve matters.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 00:13   #82
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Actually it concentrates trolling and petty squabbling. One needs to think outside the box occasionally
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 00:25   #83
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

1up is playing cowardly this round by claiming not to try to win. With the track record of 1up you can't blame people for not believing them and focussing on them. LCH is just playing it a lot smarter. They don't brag on the forums. That's what seperates them most from 1up and that's why they win. Not because 1up (the best quality alliance with most blabla) is kingmaker and lets them win. 1up is just the lightning rod. I have to admit they are good at that though.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 00:28   #84
Henck
Howling Rain

Henck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
HR has spread their members very well around the universe this round, which makes it really hard to target them. They dont have many gals with 3 members in, most are 2. If they had 3-4 members in each gal, ofc they would be dead by now
so your are trying to target us ??
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 01:11   #85
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
1up is playing cowardly this round by claiming not to try to win. With the track record of 1up you can't blame people for not believing them and focussing on them. LCH is just playing it a lot smarter. They don't brag on the forums. That's what seperates them most from 1up and that's why they win. Not because 1up (the best quality alliance with most blabla) is kingmaker and lets them win. 1up is just the lightning rod. I have to admit they are good at that though.
So.. how we gonna win with a maximum of 67 members? I'd say if we manage it we really deserves to win. But 1up is doing theirs to get as good ranks as possible ofcourse. But we won't mass recruit to get up there. If we could take #1 with 67 members i'm sure we would take it. It is very unlikely we would manage such an achievement however, so we have set ourself another goal for the round. We want to be able to have a say in how the round ends. And we will.

As for other alliances who is content with #2 or #3 or something.. that's just gay. There is no reward for 2nd or 3rd spots for alliances. U should allways reach for the golden cup at #1.

Atleast u must admitt that 1up got an even less chance to end #1 this round? Being 2/3 of other top alliances.. and also the fact we won last round. Your primary concern shouldn't be keeping 1up out of top5 alliances but to stop someone from running away with #1.. Once someone secures the #1, all the fun is gone in the game.
[1up]
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 01:13   #86
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

This thread reminds me of the games of RISK with Zhil

With Zhil telling everyone exactly what they should do. Believe it or not mazz HR dont need to know, or care what you think we should do.

The way HR plays took them from 10th to 4th last round, but i guess that isnt ambitious enough is it?

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 01:35   #87
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
So.. how we gonna win with a maximum of 67 members? I'd say if we manage it we really deserves to win. But 1up is doing theirs to get as good ranks as possible ofcourse. But we won't mass recruit to get up there. If we could take #1 with 67 members i'm sure we would take it. It is very unlikely we would manage such an achievement however, so we have set ourself another goal for the round. We want to be able to have a say in how the round ends. And we will.

As for other alliances who is content with #2 or #3 or something.. that's just gay. There is no reward for 2nd or 3rd spots for alliances. U should allways reach for the golden cup at #1.

Atleast u must admitt that 1up got an even less chance to end #1 this round? Being 2/3 of other top alliances.. and also the fact we won last round. Your primary concern shouldn't be keeping 1up out of top5 alliances but to stop someone from running away with #1.. Once someone secures the #1, all the fun is gone in the game.
So when other alliances with less quality than 1up are satisfied with 2nd place that's gay. But when 1up sets itself limits so it can't get to #1 that's erm ...?
How do you think those other alliances got to where they are now? Those people currently in LCH are not all the same members they ended with last round. They recruited new members. New players, returning players etc. The fact you are unwilling (or too reluctant) to help new players get into your alliance is not something to brag about.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 01:45   #88
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zo0f

With Zhil telling everyone exactly what they should do. Believe it or not mazz HR dont need to know, or care what you think we should do.

The way HR plays took them from 10th to 4th last round, but i guess that isnt ambitious enough is it?
No it isn't ambitious enough.. What makes u guys think u can't do better? Alot of what differs the winning alliances from the others is the mentality of their hc's. Zhil allways tells things cause it is in his advantage.. But it is also very often to everyone's advantage. He sees another guy that will win if noone does anything.. and this would take away his chance of winning.
[1up]
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 02:00   #89
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
So when other alliances with less quality than 1up are satisfied with 2nd place that's gay. But when 1up sets itself limits so it can't get to #1 that's erm ...?
How do you think those other alliances got to where they are now? Those people currently in LCH are not all the same members they ended with last round. They recruited new members. New players, returning players etc. The fact you are unwilling (or too reluctant) to help new players get into your alliance is not something to brag about.
It was decided it would be near to suicide for 1up to go for #1 this round. Had we been 100 members no matter their quality we would be ganged up against. But trusted players or not... we won't recruit up to 100 members. For 1up.. not going for #1 is a survival instinct. 1up players can still do good.. get a high gal rank or player rank etc..

But let #1 get away with their spot without a fight cause u fear for your own rank is stupid. Cause even 1up with less members showed earlier they could fight back against lch and it brought both in a deadlocked situation. Since u guys and whomever your working with can cause 1up to loose roids/score... I'm sure u could manage to take down Lch aswell. So why not do that?
[1up]
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 03:13   #90
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
No it isn't ambitious enough.. What makes u guys think u can't do better? Alot of what differs the winning alliances from the others is the mentality of their hc's. Zhil allways tells things cause it is in his advantage.. But it is also very often to everyone's advantage. He sees another guy that will win if noone does anything.. and this would take away his chance of winning.
You totally missed my point. HR last round was as ambitious as anyone else, just from a different perspective. We would not of gone from 10th to 4th if we werent very ambitious. However, we are realistic. We got 4th and that was the best we could of possibly done last round.

I agree though that a big difference between winning alliances and others is the mentality of the HC. However, there is nothing wrong with HRs mentality.

As for Zhil: Yes his 'advice' often helps him win, or at least gives him a 'chance' at winning. Which is why i made the link. Go find other alliances to 'advise' for your own benefit.

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 05:33   #91
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
It was decided it would be near to suicide for 1up to go for #1 this round. Had we been 100 members no matter their quality we would be ganged up against. But trusted players or not... we won't recruit up to 100 members. For 1up.. not going for #1 is a survival instinct.
just for the record, I don't think 1up hc would agree with the above opinion
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 06:04   #92
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Seems Storebo got slapped... Hope he'll stop now from representing his own alliance' views on irc and this boards from now on.
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 06:47   #93
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

That's hardly a slap it's just a disagreement, Storebo is a very good guy, one of the best players still around, sometimes he just needs to learn to think before posting though I posted this in another thread but I can't be bothered to retype it:

Quote:
If 1up wanted to win the round they'd simply recruit 30 more planets and tear LCH to shreds, fact is they don’t want to win they just want to have fun, I don't know where all this “Sid only plays to win” rubbish has come from, after winning half a dozen times it gets rather boring, he’s playing the game from a different angel as a king maker alliance to try and have fun.
In my opinion survival would never have been an issue, 1up has players who’ve stuck together through far worse than anything any of the remaining alliances could throw at them, even if this wasn’t true and survival was the goal then there would have been a far easier route, keeping a full member base and allying with 2 or 3 alliances, this would have assured 1up coasting to victory again, 1up has taken the harder route and they’ve done it quite intentionally to play the game from another perspective. The way 1up has played it has made things a lot harder on themselves but a lot more fun for them and I'm sure most other alliances.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 08:31   #94
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks

In my opinion survival would never have been an issue, 1up has players who’ve stuck together through far worse than anything any of the remaining alliances could throw at them, even if this wasn’t true and survival was the goal then there would have been a far easier route, keeping a full member base and allying with 2 or 3 alliances, this would have assured 1up coasting to victory again, 1up has taken the harder route and they’ve done it quite intentionally to play the game from another perspective. The way 1up has played it has made things a lot harder on themselves but a lot more fun for them and I'm sure most other alliances.
The harder route would have been 100 Members, and no allies. 100 Members would mean get targetted right away and no allies, mean targetted by all. 67 Members and sleeping with ND is the pussy route. Which maybe helps better in achieving your goals as kingmakers, a role that till now isn't fullfilled at all, cause I don't think 1up want LCH as kings..
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 09:53   #95
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zo0f

This is pure comedy. You and Seth are msising the point entirely hence me not bothering to answer his last lengthy waffle.

Ofc course it isn't about what I think. The point is that I do think it, other think it and that if you think anything different you're deluding yourselves. I'm perfectly aware what HR are capable of and I simply don't know how you lot can live with yourselves setting your targets as you have done.

I'd rather be remembered as the alliance that went down in flames rather than the alliance who were too preoccupied with staying "top 5" and lacked any sort of spine at all. And I know for a fact that the majority of people would rather play in an alliance like that.

Quote:
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 10:02   #96
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
The harder route would have been 100 Members, and no allies.
You mean exactly like we did last round?

Quote:
100 Members would mean get targetted right away and no allies, mean targetted by all.
If you believe that then you're very very niaive. There will always be alliances who shy away. There will always be players who prefer to keep their roids and will sit on the fence. 1up were targetted by everyone last round albeit in an uncoordinated fashion and you saw how that finished.

Quote:
67 Members and sleeping with ND is the pussy route. Which maybe helps better in achieving your goals as kingmakers, a role that till now isn't fullfilled at all, cause I don't think 1up want LCH as kings..
If you want to start telling us how crap our goals are I suggest yuo might first want to know what they involve. You know nothing of 1up policy this round so I might suggest not making yourself look a bigger twat than you already have.

Quote:
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 11:49   #97
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
The harder route would have been 100 Members, and no allies. 100 Members would mean get targetted right away and no allies, mean targetted by all. 67 Members and sleeping with ND is the pussy route. Which maybe helps better in achieving your goals as kingmakers, a role that till now isn't fullfilled at all, cause I don't think 1up want LCH as kings..
If we have the choise between LCH and MISTU I`m pretty sure most would go for LCH, at least after how cowardly MISTU appeared this round.

If 1up had continued fighting LCH after MSITU passed you in roids it seems obvious that LCH would not be #1 today. That seems like the work of a kingmaker to me. Its not like we have the power to make Absolute, NoS or Sin win the round
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 12:18   #98
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
I'd rather be remembered as the alliance that went down in flames rather than the alliance who were too preoccupied with staying "top 5" and lacked any sort of spine at all. And I know for a fact that the majority of people would rather play in an alliance like that.

Xanadu <3
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 12:29   #99
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Xanadu <3
Exactly. As much as Xanadu got on my tits they were a balls to the wall bunch and will be remembered for as long as PA carries on.

Quote:
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 12:38   #100
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
If 1up had continued fighting LCH after MSITU passed you in roids it seems obvious that LCH would not be #1 today. That seems like the work of a kingmaker to me. Its not like we have the power to make Absolute, NoS or Sin win the round
If you switch your focus after you roided your previous enemy good (Or kept them away from roiding), and another enemy gained loads of roids which are easy to take. It has nothing to do with kingmaker, it's about grabbing roids. Which is nothing more then the old fashion game we are all playing. So no, it's not the work of a kingmaker, it's the logic thinking of any alliance that is playing this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzelaar
You mean exactly like we did last round?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
1up has taken the harder route and they’ve done it quite intentionally to play the game from another perspective.
Indeed exactly like you did last round. That is the hard way, playing with 67 members isn't the hardest way (And on that comment I replied). I respect what 1up did last round, so you reply has nothing to do with the post I responded on.

Quote:
If you believe that then you're very very niaive. There will always be alliances who shy away. There will always be players who prefer to keep their roids and will sit on the fence. 1up were targetted by everyone last round albeit in an uncoordinated fashion and you saw how that finished.
Well, maybe not all, but it's common knowledge the #1 of last round gets targetted the most next round. So, I don't think i'm niaive, and again talking about last round? You need more credit? YES YOU WON LAST ROUND..

Quote:
If you want to start telling us how crap our goals are I suggest yuo might first want to know what they involve. You know nothing of 1up policy this round so I might suggest not making yourself look a bigger twat than you already have.
Again I respond on what's posted by 1up people. The say, we are playing as Kingmakers. I didn't see any Kingmaking actions so far. And about the twat thing? You really think I care? I just like to keep half 1up busy with posting and people thinking what a crap guy I am posting all my rubbish. But thanks for the advice.