User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Apr 2003, 14:53   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Photoshop/Paintshop: Creating a "beam" thingy

How can I create a horizontal beam-like thingy in either photoshop or paintshop? It has to look like something that is fired from a energy canon or something like that.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2003, 14:56   #2
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
surely :

create a box
surely making a white and blue gradient on the box and then feathering the outside so it blends with bg would suffice?

HOWEVER IM NOT ENTIRELY SURE.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2003, 14:56   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
gradient tool
use it a couple of times on top of itself,
add some filters, etc

profit
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2003, 15:41   #4
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
OK.... I'm not that much of a photoshop expert, but I got this gradient tool going (). What did you mean with using the gradient tool on top of itself Ragnarak? What effect should that give?

Also, any tips for what filter to use? I've never done much of this photoshoping.
Unread 28 Apr 2003, 15:46   #5
GordonRoss

you just want that beam up y0 ass
Unread 28 Apr 2003, 15:59   #6
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Any of these helpful?

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/1380172
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/1137547
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/527957
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/431880
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/418464

Oh and by the by Deviant Art rockers!
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2003, 16:06   #7
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
You mean like the lightsabre effect?
Unread 28 Apr 2003, 18:19   #8
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla
You mean like the lightsabre effect?
No, more like the dragonball-Z effect, but much more realistic

I'll read the tuts in a sec Embroglio