User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Apr 2003, 12:09   #1
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Old movies

I watched Zulu yesterday. It was great, a bunch of Englishmen fighting off the barbarians. You had the prim and proper officers; the lovable rogue who manages to kill about 20 Zulu warriors before leaving a burning building, he even had time to take a swig of brandy before he left. There was even a dodgy Welshman who seemed to love the local farm animals a little too much.

So are there any other old movies I should watch? I've already got Great Escape and I ordered Spartacus the other day so I'll be watching that soon.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 12:12   #2
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
yes i do have it on DVD

also this one is teh

also this one is brilliant
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 12:15   #3
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
how could i forget

this is not "old old" but still the funny
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 12:44   #4
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Apocalypse Now is one of those films I've always wanted to watch but never got around to it. I tend to buy films rather than rent them but I think I'll make an exception here cos I doubt whether I'll like Apocalypse Now.
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 12:54   #5
Toop
Banned

Toop is an unknown quantity at this point
Zulu owns
Toop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 13:01   #6
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
apocalypse now redux on vhs from hmv for less than a fiver (think it was 3.99)
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 15:18   #7
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Imo the cut-off apocalypse was far better than redux. Yes redux had some nice add-ons but also lots of bad stuff.... For example the dinner/lunch with those french peeps bored the **** out of me.
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 15:20   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Apocalypse Now and Airplane! aren't old films, these are old films.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 15:43   #9
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future
I bought Redux about a month ago having not seen the original.
Actually found the film slightly disappointing, though it did have its moments.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 16:08   #10
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
I also have Zulu on DVD!

picked it up at walmart for $5.88!

Bargain.
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 16:20   #11
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Speaking of Airplane, have you seen Top Secret? I think it's made by the same people but it's a lot funnier in my opinion. That's even newer, 1984 I think.
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 21:53   #12
NibNub

NibNub has a spectacular aura aboutNibNub has a spectacular aura aboutNibNub has a spectacular aura about
Re: Old movies

Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
I watched Zulu yesterday.
Zooloos - Fahsands of 'em - Dont shoot til you see ver whites of vere eyes.

The Zulus would have won if they kept their eyes closed.
NibNub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 21:57   #13
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Spit, boy, spit!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 21:58   #14
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Old movies

Quote:
Originally posted by NibNub
Zooloos - Fahsands of 'em - Dont shoot til you see ver whites of vere eyes.

The Zulus would have won if they kept their eyes closed.
Do i detect an Adrian Edmonson quote?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 22:24   #15
NibNub

NibNub has a spectacular aura aboutNibNub has a spectacular aura aboutNibNub has a spectacular aura about
Damn!

Rumbled.
NibNub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 22:25   #16
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough
Buster Keaton's The General is the best old film.
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote