User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Mar 2003, 18:02   #1
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Northampton

So, I'm being sent to Northampton for 3 nights, (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) for a 'training course', being put up in a hotel, etc.

Now then, I know of no other way to get through 3 nights surrounded by people I dont know, other than to drag some of them out and get pissed.

So, where the hell is there to go in Northampton? I'll be staying the Moathouse Hotel near the station, thus, I dont want anything thats going to involve traveling.

Please take into account the nights that I will be there before you make any suggestions.

Now answer my question, fags.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 18:04   #2
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
Northhampton

wouldn't know
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 18:35   #3
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Its a 30 minute drive from Milton Keynes.

Go there etc.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 19:17   #4
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Its a 30 minute drive from Milton Keynes.

Go there etc.
1. I dont drive
2. I want to drink, as stated above, so even if I had a car I wouldnt be taking it.

Read, THINK, Respond, etc.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 19:18   #5
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Rids
1. I dont drive
2. I want to drink, as stated above, so even if I had a car I wouldnt be taking it.

Read, THINK, Respond, etc.

The concept of you with a Job is the scariest thing EVER Rids.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 19:26   #6
Amoril
Twisted

Amoril is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
The concept of you with a Job is the scariest thing EVER Rids.

I have a job.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 19:28   #7
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Amoril
I have a job.
Your not Rids.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 19:29   #8
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
I have a job.
Yes , but you have a CRAP job with no PROSPECTS and a complete lack of a FUTURE.

Rids appears to be earning more than minimum wage as well.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 19:33   #9
Amoril
Twisted

Quote:
Yes , but you have a CRAP job with no PROSPECTS and a complete lack of a FUTURE.

You're actually wrong on all accounts.

I decided to go for and take this job because if 'My Plan' fails (and it shouldn't) then i have the back-up alternative plan of progressing within the Civil Service.

Hopefully i wont have to rely on that tho.

I really hope not anyway.

I am also paid a nice enough sum above minimum wage to be happy with my 'Monkey Work'.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 19:40   #10
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
I am also paid a nice enough sum above minimum wage to be happy with my 'Monkey Work'.
They say "Jump" you say "How High?"
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 19:42   #11
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:

Well, I'm earning precisely **** all at the moment, thanks to a complete bollocks up with my pay. Instead of the £1400 I was expected, I got, wait for it... £400.

I wouldnt exactly call flogging mobile phones a career though, I might change my mind on that if I make store manager within 2 years though.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 19:43   #12
Amoril
Twisted

Quote:
They say "Jump" you say "How High?"

Not at all.

They tell me what my job entails.

I do it.

It's not a question of being forced to do anything hard or unpleasent.

As strange as it sounds this is probably the best job i've ever had.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 19:47   #13
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Not at all.

They tell me what my job entails.

I do it.

It's not a question of being forced to do anything hard or unpleasent.

As strange as it sounds this is probably the best job i've ever had.
Having heard your previous job history , im unsurprised.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 19:48   #14
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
welcome to the sunny world of the civil servant, he has a lot of free days, free coffee, free smoking time, a huge weapon called bureaucracy to hide behind and soon he will believe he actually has a challenging job

30 years of self inflicted ignorance and then you will suicide probably.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 19:53   #15
Amoril
Twisted

Quote:
Having heard your previous job history , im unsurprised.

Indeed.

Another good thing about working for the Government is that it is a 'solid' employer.

As such if i see out my contract but decide to change my alternative plan and move on the i'm going to have something decent on my C.V.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 20:29   #16
Rids
The Bad Guy

As much as I enjoy this discussion about work in general, it still hasnt helped find me somewhere in Northampton to get rat-arsed.

Come on people, pull your fingers out!
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 22:57   #17
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Rids
As much as I enjoy this discussion about work in general, it still hasnt helped find me somewhere in Northampton to get rat-arsed.

Come on people, pull your fingers out!
Are you suggesting all the rats arses have peoples fingers in them?

Ewwwww
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 00:14   #18
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Are you suggesting all the rats arses have peoples fingers in them?

Ewwwww
With Dace posting in this thread, quite possibly.
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 00:34   #19
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
There are a lot of lesbian bars there Rids so you might actually pull!
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 00:34   #20
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Torz
There are a lot of lesbian bars there Rids so you might actually pull!
Get on irc so I can give you an update !
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 03:16   #21
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
time nightclub.

only place I been in northampton. not to bad, just a meat market.