User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 13 May 2004, 15:32   #1
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Not so Happy Hour?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3711029.stm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC News Online
HAPPY HOUR has hit the bottom of the glass. Time seems to have been called on the era of two-for-one bevvies of an early evening.
The sad news came with an announcement from Home Secretary David Blunkett that the government plans to crack down on binge drinking and the resulting mess and violence.
Will this really have an effect? I would have thought that having heavier drinking concentrated in a couple of hours towards the start of the evening, when everyone is relatively well behaved to start off with would be preferable to people drinking at a consistent rate all night. Personally I make sure I've got a drink before happy hour ends, and then reduce my drinking rate because it hurts my wallet.

How will pubs that rely on this trade, eg, the ones where everyone goes before a night on the town cope? Will people just stay in and drink at home more before hitting the streets later, thus negating the effect? or will bars just reduce their prices overall so they're cheaper than the current standard price, but high enough above the current happy hour price to still make a profit?
Unread 13 May 2004, 15:35   #2
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Not so Happy Hour?

Basically, its just becoming too expensive to get drunk, and thats the plan of the government as far as i see it. Personally i see the side effects of drinking as something that are a bit of an exception - they need to be cured, not prevented. More police to pick up more drunks, more cctv to fine those who act like twats under the influence etc. But dont try and stop us drinking, as it lets us forget about the world for a few hours ta.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2004, 15:36   #3
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I generally continue to buy drinks until I run out of money, so I'm not sure on the effects. Presumably, as you mention, the pubs could just reduce the average cost of their drinks to balance things out.

I prefer places without "Happy Hour" type policies as it means I don't have to drink stupid amounts early on in the night. But generally speaking, cheaper drinks = more likely to do something foolish, irrespective of when I buy them. You could be right though that people drink less as the night goes on if there's Happy Hour though.

Obviously I don't support this kind of state intervention, but bleh.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2004, 15:39   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Basically, its just becoming too expensive to get drunk, and thats the plan of the government as far as i see it.
Amusingly, this makes other drugs a lot more attractive. I can easily spend £40-£50 on alcohol in a night, whereas I'd be hard pressed to take £50 worth of pills in an evening (without hospitalisation).
Unread 13 May 2004, 15:41   #5
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Mr Blunkett hopes its demise will free town centres of the tired and emotional gangs of mini-skirted lasses and their staggering boyfriends who materialise soon after chucking-out time.
Chucking out time.
There we have the problem. If we knew we could stay all night would we get so drunk in such a small space of time?

And anyway - how the hell is anyone going to make sure no pubs have drinks offers at certain times? It aint gonna happen.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2004, 15:42   #6
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Amusingly, this makes other drugs a lot more attractive. I can easily spend £40-£50 on alcohol in a night,
WTF do you drink!? I know London's expensive but sheeesh!! Unless you are including taxis. take aways etc when its kinda feasible.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2004, 15:43   #7
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Mr Blunkett hopes its demise will free town centres of the tired and emotional gangs of mini-skirted lasses and their staggering boyfriends who materialise soon after chucking-out time.
He should introduce a shoot townies on sight policy, it would be much more effective .

P.S. I could spend the whole weekend wankered and not spend 50 squid on alcohol :eek:.
Unread 13 May 2004, 15:46   #8
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
He should introduce a shoot townies on sight policy, it would be much more effective .
That is such a good plan.
I personally dont see why you cant just shoot them when they're lke 10 - its easy to see then if they will ever do anything constuctive with their lives!!
Anyway, I digress...
Unread 13 May 2004, 15:49   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
WTF do you drink!? I know London's expensive but sheeesh!! Unless you are including taxis. take aways etc when its kinda feasible.
I don't take taxi's, and I suppose I am including take-aways. But some places you could be talking about £2 - £2.70 per drink (admittedly if it's relatively expensive) - that could be as little as 18 drinks. Over the course of a few hours, that's not too much.

Of course, I may be comparing myself to sbolly (my flat-mate) who has drawn £200 before going into a pub and then come out with less than £20. Admittedly this was 8 hours later but still...
Unread 13 May 2004, 15:51   #10
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Not so Happy Hour?

Is this not the same government that has so recently been proposing to allow pubs 24 hour opening? Surely shome mistake?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2004, 15:52   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Is this not the same government that has so recently been proposing to allow pubs 24 hour opening? Surely shome mistake?
How so? Seems fairly consistent : Trying to stop binge / quick / peak drinking periods and encourage people to spread their drinking across a larger time period.
Unread 13 May 2004, 15:52   #12
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Quote:
Last Friday night when me, Dante and a couple of mates went out, we went for some quiet drinks at 7ish. Heavier drinking at 9ish. And clubbing in a shit club at 11 till 3am.

I spent around £100. My work mate managed to go through £160. I'm pretty sure the others must have spent the same sort of thing. Its just the way of the high flyers!

Although buying 32 shots of Schnapps for £50 early in the night may have got the ball rolling.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2004, 15:55   #13
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'm guessing that the theory is that without a happy hour then everyone will drink slowly, and therefore won't be so drunk so soon, so can carry on for longer.
And with 24 hour opening there's the benefit that not everywhere will be chucking out at the same time, and so there's less likely to be trouble in the wait for taxis or a bus.
Might just mean that some people are pissed at 7am though...
Unread 13 May 2004, 15:56   #14
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC News Online
Friends of the family might have seen the writing on the wall last summer when pub crawls were banned in the drinking establishments of Falaraki, the Greek resort favoured by young Brits on hedonistic holidays.
How on earth do you ban pub crawls? Is it illegal to have a drink in more than one establishment on any night? Or maybe once you've entered somewhere that serves alcohol, you aren't allowed to leave unless you are escorted straight back to your hotel room.

Veni Vidi Codi
Unread 13 May 2004, 15:56   #15
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Not so Happy Hour?

Quote:
How so?
It would be consistent if there was any evidence that it would reduce binge drinking. Although there is no evidence of that, AFAIK. In fact, the evidence has so far pointed in the direction of it likely leading to an increase in binge drinking, based on where 24 hour opening has been put in place in other parts of the world.
Unread 13 May 2004, 15:57   #16
A2
#planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbOlly
Although buying 32 shots of Schnapps for £50 early in the night may have got the ball rolling.
Presumably not all for you though...
Unread 13 May 2004, 15:59   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
based on where 24 hour opening has been put in place in other parts of the world.
Perhaps it's more against drinking associated violence. From experience, places which close at 6am have far less trouble than places which close at 2am, since in the latter example everyone leaves together and get's into fights at the bus stop.
Unread 13 May 2004, 16:00   #18
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

Quote:
Perhaps it's more against drinking associated violence. From experience, places which close at 6am have far less trouble than places which close at 2am, since in the latter example everyone leaves together and get's into fights at the bus stop.
But is it truley a good night out, if you can't at the end of it, settle down at the bus stop with friends, eating kebabs, watching the local pikeys beat the living shit out of each other?

I mean, is it?

Veni Vidi Codi
Unread 13 May 2004, 16:02   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Well based on the fact my last night out ended up with a tramp kissing me after thinking I was a vampire (and had AIDS), I'm going to go with "no".
Unread 13 May 2004, 16:03   #20
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation Re: Not so Happy Hour?

Quote:
This is hardly, however, a sufficently sound case for the implementation of national policy.
Unread 13 May 2004, 16:10   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
This is hardly, however, a sufficently sound case for the implementation of national policy.
Perhaps, although all evidence is ultimately anecdotal. It seems fairly common sense that early closing hours would lead to people all leaving together with accompanied hilarity.

Out of interest, which countries have relaxed their drinking regimes and then had an increase in binge drinking?

Are you for or against 24hr drinking laws btw?
Unread 13 May 2004, 16:37   #22
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We've had this in ireland for a while. It has made less difference in the amount of binge drinking than a small bunny rabbit named glenda holding up a sign with the words "alcohol sux" written on it.
Unread 13 May 2004, 16:48   #23
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

The goverment punishes all those who aren't lightweight's kakakaka.

tbh the UK does have a drinking problem, it's time it dealt with it, and no it's not normal.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2004, 16:57   #24
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
The goverment punishes all those who aren't lightweight's kakakaka.

tbh the UK does have a drinking problem, it's time it dealt with it, and no it's not normal.
I know I'm looking to have a huge can of troll unleashed on my ass, but what are you taking as "normal"?

Is it normal to be white? Only an ever decreasing minority of the worlds population is you know!
Unread 13 May 2004, 16:57   #25
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbOlly
How on earth do you ban pub crawls? Is it illegal to have a drink in more than one establishment on any night? Or maybe once you've entered somewhere that serves alcohol, you aren't allowed to leave unless you are escorted straight back to your hotel room.
The falaraki ban was on organised pub-crawls I believe (by the reps), though stopping drunk people from entering the premises would pretty much stop people from moving...

If I end up going out tonight, I will take £10 with me which will (after a few pints at home) get me in (£1.50), a few double--vodkas @80p before midnight, then some chips on the way home.....
Unread 13 May 2004, 17:01   #26
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
I know I'm looking to have a huge can of troll unleashed on my ass, but what are you taking as "normal"?

Is it normal to be white? Only an ever decreasing minority of the worlds population is you know!
I actually have to agree on Sunday with this one.
No other nation seems to have the same levels of alcohol related crimes and binge drinking.
No other nation has such crap early closing laws which makes people learn to drink quickly.

I see a correlation.
Unread 13 May 2004, 17:07   #27
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:

We have a reputation amongst the world (brits that is) as alcoholics, as indulgent in the sins of booze.

Being in North America really opens the eye's to like how town centre's can be when you don't have all this alcohol being pushed into the society of every day life. I've met a lot of people now who are in the 16-17 age bracket when irresponsible drinking set's in for most people in the UK and a lot of people in the 18-20 just been at uni for a year or so, the differences are vast, They still drink but not so much in the great quantities of spirits, nor so commonly, they'll drink on occassions like St Patricks day, not every freaking excuse too, they work harder here and they seem genuinely happier here.

However UK is probably host to the laziest, most alcoholic people the world will grace and it's prolly going to get dismissed as a troll but I reckon people would be inclined to agree should they emigrate to somewhere more civil.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2004, 17:08   #28
A2
#planetarion

Quote:
No other nation has such crap early closing laws which makes people learn to drink quickly.
In that case might 24 hour closing laws just mean that everyone drinks quicker for longer? I can only see it having a effect on a generation that hasn't grown up with the concept of "must get my drinks in before they close at 23:00"
Unread 13 May 2004, 17:11   #29
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
In that case might 24 hour closing laws just mean that everyone drinks quicker for longer? I can only see it having a effect on a generation that hasn't grown up with the concept of "must get my drinks in before they close at 23:00"
Its all about the long run.*

* no this is not an invitation to quote Keynes.
Unread 13 May 2004, 17:12   #30
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If measures like this are what it takes to ensure our national health service can function adequately, they are certainly justified.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2004, 17:31   #31
A2
#planetarion

Quote:
Its all about the long run.*

* no this is not an invitation to quote Keynes.
In the short term though there could be problems, unless bars phase out their happy hour promotions before the deadline and work out some way of keeping punters.

(I wouldn't dream of quoting Keynes btw, certainly not in this thread anyway. It would mean I'd have to read it first)
Unread 13 May 2004, 23:21   #32
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hey dudes i thought the reason Britain has such a drink culture was because we have such absolutely ****ing shitty weather.

I believe other countries with similar weather have a similar drink culture.

I believe Finland was the same until their Government did something*.

*not sure what