User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 24 Nov 2003, 15:28   #1
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
in london on thursday, course finishes at 16.15 and last train home at 21.30

can you think of anything i can do for four or so hours as to not have wasted the trip for a day at an NHS conference

bear in mind i shall be wearing a suit

madi
x
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 15:32   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: in london on thursday, course finishes at 16.15 and last train home at 21.30

you could go to a public place with a nice big tag around your neck saying 'please give me some attention, I will tell you about my problems with my bf in return'
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 15:55   #3
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: in london on thursday, course finishes at 16.15 and last train home at 21.30

Mortgage your house, then try to buy a drink!
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 16:00   #4
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Go meet Nod!

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 16:52   #5
Danae
loved

Danae has a spectacular aura aboutDanae has a spectacular aura aboutDanae has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
you could go to a public place with a nice big tag around your neck saying 'please give me some attention, I will tell you about my problems with my bf in return'
:up:
Danae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 17:04   #6
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

go to the pub.

no, dont.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 17:04   #7
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

One warning I'll give, would be to avoid Oxford Street, Bond Street and Regent Street. Its 'late night shopping' on Thursdays, which means every single twat in Central London decides to leave work early and wandering around shopping for 3 hours pissing off every single sales assistant in sight.

Erm, the tate has got some cool art stuff going on at the moment if you're into that. Pick up a copy of Time Out, that should be packed with ideas to keep you busy for 5 hours or so.
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 17:06   #8
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i like late night shopping in london

are you a sales assistant by any chance?
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 17:07   #9
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
i like late night shopping in london

are you a sales assistant by any chance?
Thats a Senior Advisor to you, and yes, I am.

I am one of those people you come to bug endlessly about your ****ing problems with your mobile phone.
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 17:08   #10
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

well you should give me a mobile phone that ****ing works then
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 17:10   #11
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids

I am one of those people you come to bug endlessly about your ****ing problems with your mobile phone.
give me a location and i'll be there!
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 17:10   #12
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
well you should give me a mobile phone that ****ing works then
Dont be a retard, if we sell a phone that works, you wont be coming back to buy another one in 6 months time at an inflated price, while signing another 12 months of your life away on a £50 a month rental package.
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 17:12   #13
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

if i bought a phone that stopped after 6 months... i wouldnt be coming back to you at all.
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 17:16   #14
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
if i bought a phone that stopped after 6 months... i wouldnt be coming back to you at all.
Aha, but you would, because you're still tied in for another 6 months contract, and you'd expect us to help you out!

Anyway, thread hijack off.
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 17:21   #15
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

what if i got it free with contract, but it stopped working after 6 months... could i get another free one as replacement, or would i still have to pay money.
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 17:26   #16
Rids
The Bad Guy

Basically, if your phone gos wrong within the first 30 days of buying it, we'll exchange it there and then, no problem.

Beyond that time if your phone packs up, it gos away for repair. If its a manufacturers problem (ie, the phone just being shit) then it will be fixed. Beyond that, if there is any sign of liquid ingress (phone ever being wet, ever) or physical damage (droppage) the phone will not be fixed. If you took insurance (and we all know you didnt, because, hey, I'm very careful with my phone) then you could claim for a new one, on your insurance, if you didnt, here is what happens.

You're six months into your 12 month contract. You cant get out of the contract because the phone doesnt work. The original price we gave you on the phone was subject to a 12 month airtime agreement, which allows us to subsidise the cost of the phone a hell of a lot. Now, if you want to get another phone, you'll be paying £100+ on top of the standard contract RRP, as well as sigining another 12 month airtime agreement. No subsidies would be offered at all.
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 17:27   #17
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

bollocks
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 17:27   #18
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

actually... ill just shove the sim card in another handset ill buy cheap from some "dodgy geezer"

that is when the phone stops working completely, it is merely at "last legs" level atm.
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 19:25   #19
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Mobile phone salesmen, pah

i enjoy going into your shops, sounding really interested, promising to come back, and never returning.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 19:28   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Do you work in a Vodafone shop? Which one? Is it the one on Oxford Street, and if so - is it next door to a Phones4U type shop?

edit : As for the original post, there's numerous things you can do. Cinemas showing movies not on general release in the rest of the country, theatres, museums, etc.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 19:36   #21
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Do you work in a Vodafone shop? Which one? Is it the one on Oxford Street, and if so - is it next door to a Phones4U type shop?

edit : As for the original post, there's numerous things you can do. Cinemas showing movies not on general release in the rest of the country, theatres, museums, etc.
Ok, that is actually the shop I work at, heh.
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 19:42   #22
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:

blimey you are a bit of a miserable git arent you

Quote:
One warning I'll give, would be to avoid Oxford Street, Bond Street and Regent Street. Its 'late night shopping' on Thursdays, which means every single twat in Central London decides to leave work early and wandering around shopping for 3 hours pissing off every single sales assistant in sight.

Erm, the tate has got some cool art stuff going on at the moment if you're into that. Pick up a copy of Time Out, that should be packed with ideas to keep you busy for 5 hours or so.

ahhh, good point
i thought about shopping but i am not a big fan of crowds so i might give it a miss

might see if i can get my hair cut in 'the salon' or something equally stupid
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 19:51   #23
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
might see if i can get my hair cut in 'the salon' or something equally stupid
I think even the 'go meet Nod' option was a better plan
Quote:
Ok, that is actually the shop I work at, heh.
Thought so. Saw bloke working in that shop matching your vague description when I was on my way somewhere, but was in a rush so couldn't stop to shout "VtS suck!" or something equally spasticated.
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 19:52   #24
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thought so. Saw bloke working in that shop matching your vague description when I was on my way somewhere, but was in a rush so couldn't stop to shout "VtS suck!" or something equally spasticated.
that made me laugh :\
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 20:13   #25
Rids
The Bad Guy

heh, I'm a little bit worried that you know where I work and you know what I look like, are you stalking me? heh
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 20:17   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
heh, I'm a little bit worried that you know where I work and you know what I look like, are you stalking me? heh
You mention the fact you work in a shit Vodafone shop dealing with wanky foriegners in Central London a lot, it stands to reason that it'd be on Oxford Street (voted about the 3rd worst street in London or something, after Streatham High Road - big shouts going out!).
Unread 25 Nov 2003, 14:30   #27
DaWoodster
Registered abUser

DaWoodster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
can you think of anything i can do for four or so hours as to not have wasted the trip for a day at an NHS conference

bear in mind i shall be wearing a suit

madi
x
So near but yet so far.

PS, it's not a latex cat suit by any chance?
Unread 25 Nov 2003, 14:37   #28
Dreadnought

Quote:
HAHA YOU IMPLIED YOUR TEH GAY LOLZ
Unread 25 Nov 2003, 19:27   #29
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
You mention the fact you work in a shit Vodafone shop dealing with wanky foriegners in Central London a lot, it stands to reason that it'd be on Oxford Street (voted about the 3rd worst street in London or something, after Streatham High Road - big shouts going out!).
Source please? Would like to see that.

I live on the edge of Streatham. Woe betide us cursed peoples.
Unread 25 Nov 2003, 19:52   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova9
I live on the edge of Streatham. Woe betide us cursed peoples.
For the bit about Streatham : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2270840.stm

http://www.themovechannel.com/sitefe...tember/27c.asp

Although I can't find any bit about Oxford Street, I heard it on Radio 4 some months ago though. It turns I was wrong though, Streatham is worst in the country

Myself, Tocatta & Fugue & SbOlly used to live at the top of Streatham Common, where we now live in West Norwood.
Unread 26 Nov 2003, 23:22   #31
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Basically, if your phone gos wrong within the first 30 days of buying it, we'll exchange it there and then, no problem.

Beyond that time if your phone packs up, it gos away for repair. If its a manufacturers problem (ie, the phone just being shit) then it will be fixed. Beyond that, if there is any sign of liquid ingress (phone ever being wet, ever) or physical damage (droppage) the phone will not be fixed. If you took insurance (and we all know you didnt, because, hey, I'm very careful with my phone) then you could claim for a new one, on your insurance, if you didnt, here is what happens.

You're six months into your 12 month contract. You cant get out of the contract because the phone doesnt work. The original price we gave you on the phone was subject to a 12 month airtime agreement, which allows us to subsidise the cost of the phone a hell of a lot. Now, if you want to get another phone, you'll be paying £100+ on top of the standard contract RRP, as well as sigining another 12 month airtime agreement. No subsidies would be offered at all.
ahh but if its a nokia phone, then its easy

cos nokia have there own shops

in these shop they repair nokia phones

FOR FREE!!!!

and they also fix none manufactorer problems to, like when i bent the metal prongs around the battery area, and when i had some dust (it was a big piece) under the screen of my 7650, u just walk in and go

me: hi my phone's broke
them: oh lets have alook
me: ...
them: here we don't need ur sim card u hold on to that, come back in about 3 hrs
me:

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2003, 23:29   #32
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathjam|wee
ahh but if its a nokia phone, then its easy

cos nokia have there own shops

in these shop they repair nokia phones

FOR FREE!!!!

and they also fix none manufactorer problems to, like when i bent the metal prongs around the battery area, and when i had some dust (it was a big piece) under the screen of my 7650, u just walk in and go

me: hi my phone's broke
me: ...
them: here we don't need ur sim card u hold on to that, come back in about 3 hrs
me:
Yeah, but if you've dropped the phone, and theres a ****ing huge crack in the screen leaking that LCD stuff everywhere, or you've dropped the phone in a pint, its more likely be.

you: hi my phones broke
you: ....
them: hmm, theres a big crack in the screen
you: yes i dropped it
them: you soppy ****