User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 22 Oct 2002, 03:33   #1
Atheist

Atheist is an unknown quantity at this point
Weird windows problem

Hey,

Another friend of mine is having comp troubles, and this one is a bit confusing too. He's got winME on there (yes, i know, winME). A week ago he got a virus, norton quarinitined and deleted the files and then he booted up his comp a while laterand he got a windows protection error which forced him to shuit down, he couldnt only get on via safemode which naturally did not allow him to work well. Norton said the virus was milacious, and thats about it. So he formated the HD once, reinstalled me and rebooted, same problem. Did it again, same problem, did it once more and this time it worked. He installed things like word and norton w/ reboots and all was fine. He later ran live update and some other thiongs, rebooted, and now has the problem again! Could this be a bootsector virus? I would say software conflict becuase of norton's gayness BUT i dont know if the reboot the gave himt he error was the first after he ran liveupdate, he couldnt remeber. Also, he used the term 'setting windows to 0' which i assume just means formatting, but i could be wrong. What should he do?

Thanks.