User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 12 Feb 2018, 07:31   #1
bankeris

bankeris is an unknown quantity at this point
galaxy score suggestion

Hi,

I think galaxy win is a cool thing but seems it has big impact of luck, mostly by members count. Some galaxies have 10 players, some 8 or lower count, even if you are on 7 member galaxy and waiting for new exile in players it's not very promising. We have an Alliance system based on 60 players, and only Top 40 are counting for an alliance score.
I suggest to do something similar to galaxy score, so 7-8 players could compete vs galaxy of 10 players. As for now 8 active members has probably few % to win vs 10 active members because of additional 2 members score.
Unread 12 Feb 2018, 10:20   #2
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: galaxy score suggestion

sounds like a good suggestion
Unread 12 Feb 2018, 16:18   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I oppose this for the same reason I oppose 'counting members': it turns a portion of the player base into second-class citizens, leading to situations in which they are forced ("encouraged") to crash for the benefit for those who are already on top: "you should crashing your 5m value fleet to save 3 roids on my top planet". For the greater good, the rich man said.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2018, 08:03   #4
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Alltho best fix would be to kill exile and planet jumping
Unread 13 Feb 2018, 17:30   #5
Cowkimon

Cowkimon has a spectacular aura aboutCowkimon has a spectacular aura aboutCowkimon has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Alltho best fix would be to kill exile and planet jumping
If only from a physics standpoint. Must be very hard to move an entire planet from one galaxy to another. This crazy game eh?
Cowkimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2018, 09:15   #6
bankeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I oppose this for the same reason I oppose 'counting members': it turns a portion of the player base into second-class citizens, leading to situations in which they are forced ("encouraged") to crash for the benefit for those who are already on top: "you should crashing your 5m value fleet to save 3 roids on my top planet". For the greater good, the rich man said.
You still can choose crash or not, it's up to you - none can force all your ships to crash. And for the moment you have no chance to get +2/3 members, so the system auto disables you from top galaxy spot.
Check top 5 galaxies - all 10 members, so even you have 9 equal members in other galaxy its basically makes you lose because of 1 player missing. I can agree there is a chance for a win 9 vs 10, but galaxy with 10 players now has bigger advantage. That's why Alliance counting score top 40 is very good idea. So players can play in other smaller Alliances and still have a chance for a win.
Galaxy score suggestion - makes less impact for luck and members count win.
Unread 14 Feb 2018, 09:25   #7
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankeris View Post
That's why Alliance counting score top 40 is very good idea. So players can play in other smaller Alliances and still have a chance for a win.
Galaxy score suggestion - makes less impact for luck and members count win.
Alliances counting to 40 is a crap idea.
The same alliances are winning now as before the implementation.
The only difference is that its more support planets that will crash their fleets to save the roids of someone in the top40

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2018, 07:17   #8
bankeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Alliances counting to 40 is a crap idea.
The same alliances are winning now as before the implementation.
The only difference is that its more support planets that will crash their fleets to save the roids of someone in the top40
Show brep who crashed his fleet and saved roids? i want to see.
Unread 15 Feb 2018, 07:24   #9
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Show brep who crashed his fleet and saved roids? i want to see.
Its realy not relevant is it? It happends every round, that people store brep is rare though.

https://game.planetarion.com/show_ne...k1r6t01xstfoqn
https://game.planetarion.com/univers...xu9kaifwbuhtk2

https://game.planetarion.com/show_ne...c93woobrn651sa (not a crash since it was fake, but he was willing too)

Last edited by BloodyButcher; 15 Feb 2018 at 07:31.
Unread 15 Feb 2018, 08:21   #10
bankeris

And i still dont see how they saved roids.
Unread 15 Feb 2018, 08:26   #11
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
And i still dont see how they saved roids.
They are willing to crash their fleets to force a recall?
As they dont count for score, the tag will not lose any score for it when they die.

Last edited by BloodyButcher; 15 Feb 2018 at 08:34.
Unread 15 Feb 2018, 11:26   #12
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Its realy not relevant is it? It happends every round, that people store brep is rare though.

https://game.planetarion.com/show_ne...k1r6t01xstfoqn
https://game.planetarion.com/univers...xu9kaifwbuhtk2

https://game.planetarion.com/show_ne...c93woobrn651sa (not a crash since it was fake, but he was willing too)
real question is why are people landing on them in the first place. all look like att crashes to me
Unread 15 Feb 2018, 13:13   #13
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
real question is why are people landing on them in the first place. all look like att crashes to me
Well thats another funny story, wich was partly discussed in the other thread.
Eventually it was decided we would just kill it off so they would be discouraged from continue defending against us, spesificaly, every singel day. That it turned to allegedly be your gal mates multies makes it ironical today.

Point being, that if all planets counted for score tags woud think twice about doing thess kinda calls

Unread 16 Feb 2018, 01:01   #14
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Well thats another funny story, wich was partly discussed in the other thread.
Eventually it was decided we would just kill it off so they would be discouraged from continue defending against us, spesificaly, every singel day. That it turned to allegedly be your gal mates multies makes it ironical today.

Point being, that if all planets counted for score tags woud think twice about doing thess kinda calls
you realise salvage makes back at least 40% on losses most of the time, while you dont gain anything but a small increase in income
Unread 16 Feb 2018, 12:12   #15
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
you realise salvage makes back at least 40% on losses most of the time, while you dont gain anything but a small increase in income
Would you kill 50% of your total(!) fleet defending a allymates roids?

Unread 16 Feb 2018, 14:59   #16
Blue_Esper

Quote:
would you kill 100% of your fleet in the off chance that the defender is faking?
Unread 16 Feb 2018, 16:54   #17
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
Suicide def isn't uncommon, if the attackers loses more than def after xp/salvage then it clearly wasn't a good land for you to begin with
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2018, 18:25   #18
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In battles like that, there are no winners, just losers. Sure, maybe after salvage you lost "only" 1.6m while your opponent lost 2.3m, but you're still all ****ed.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 18 Feb 2018, 10:07   #19
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
In battles like that, there are no winners, just losers. Sure, maybe after salvage you lost "only" 1.6m while your opponent lost 2.3m, but you're still all ****ed.
Technically this is incorrect. It is very much circumstantial; if the top alliance is battling for top spot and there is only one contender. For example this round it would be Ult v HR - that would be a win land for Ult.

However in almost all circumstances I see these lands are indeed bad for both. My argument has always been if it’s a bad red red - say defenders lose 1m+, value, unless the attackers lose 5x+, then the def should pull just before tick. A lot of value would be saved this way.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2018, 20:36   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Agreed. I spent a lot of time coming up with a reasonable formula to determine whether an attack was launchable (not landable!) for my bcalc/stats analysis tool. Whether you would launch an attack depends almost entirely on how many ticks it takes for the roids you cap to repay for your losses. Even if you potentially kill twice or thrice as much as you'd lose, if it took 200 ticks for the roids to repay, you'd just go find a less risky target instead. And that doesn't even take into account that such an attack would turn sour with much less defense than one in which you start out with 0 losses to begin with.

It's a little messier when you're already ETA 1, because you've already invested resources into it (travel time, ships in use, and a fleet slot), but the principle is the same: better to land for free tomorrow than to land with significant losses today, even if you kill much more than you lose, even if today's attack caps more roids.

As for which side should recall, I'd say the consideration is the same for both sides. Playing chicken involves punching the breaks before the point of no return, not after. Even balls of steel get flattened when you hit the wall. The only times you should intentionally land such a calc is 1) if there's no competition to worry about (like in your example), 2) one of your teamup partners can't get on, and you lose less if you all land together, or 3) you see the other side chicken out first. In all other cases, you pull at xx:59:55.