User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Jul 2007, 07:16   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Microsoft Surface

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/

Well aint that just jolly! What would be impressive is if I put things on top of it for example an exercise sheet and it comes up with the answers on screen.

And a parody:

http://www.break.com/index/microsoft...gy-parody.html
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores

Last edited by Androme; 16 Jul 2007 at 07:46.
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 08:37   #2
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Microsoft Surface

I've first seen some concepts like these in development the beginning of this year and I'm impressed Microsoft is putting something like this on the market already.
I really love the thing with the phones/camera/creditcard. You can just trow your device on the screen and the options are presented to you and you can drag the items across the screen.
I think this way of presenting and manipulating information is a good step in making the digital world more accessible to people who are not that tech savvy. It looks very intuitive to me.

The identifying of devices is probably done using RFID, so if you can put an RFID tag in an exercise sheet you could load the answers if they are present somewhere.