User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 15 May 2005, 00:13   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Poker Compadres

I have noticed an emerging pattern whilst playing limit tables on Pacific Poker and was wondering if you guys had any similar experiences...

Take yesterday for example. I play for about an hour from 2pm - 3pm and make about $50 profit.

I then login again at around 6/7ish and within 1 hour i have lost $50.

i resign myself to the fact its being crap and leave.

today i make 80$. then i sit down later and lose 40 of it but manage to recover 35 of the loss so im still up up up.

now i have a feeling if i continued playing id get chipped away over time back down to whatever i started with today. (so ive left it for tonight because im happy with the profit ive made)

Do any of you guys find that the software itself seems to 'hand you luck' and then take it away once it decides youve won enough for today...

There have been numerous times now when i will hit two pair on the flop. raise all the way to the river to have some punk ass ****tard hit a flush when he only hit a single suited card on the flop.

Or my trips will be beaten by a straight on the river (or a flush which is also fairly common)

Now it cant just be in my imagination because ive talked to other people and they experience the same thing. That you can win a certain amount and then all of a sudden, even if your play style doesnt change, you start losing. It gives you hands and then cruelly takes it all away suddenly and hands it to a retard who doesnt know his ass from his elbow.

(LOLZ LETS CALL WITH 82 OFFSUIT!)
Or instead of giving you decent cards preflop it begins dishing out crap that never hits. Or it gives you great cards that miss etc etc. Whereas before if you call with pretty much ANYTHING you hit at least a pair and win or whatnot.

Does anyone know anyone whos actually programmed one of these poker clients or maybe one of you maths wizkids can explain why "luck" does seem to come in phases.

Ive noticed that overall it seems to look something like this :

Click here to see my wonderful graph

but i dont know why it happens like that.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2005, 01:50   #2
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all
Re: Poker Compadres

poker's never about the actual cards.
It's about the other players.
Unread 15 May 2005, 02:12   #3
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

the only true winners in gambling are the house. it's their way of staying in business
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2005, 04:00   #4
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
the only true winners in gambling are the house. it's their way of staying in business
Just like that!
Unread 15 May 2005, 13:31   #5
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

if the answers given to jammyjims interesting thread (and wonderfully drawn graph) were any more cliched and effortless, they would break the"lazyclicheometer". If such a thing were to exist,

not that ive got anything useful to contribute myself that is.
Unread 15 May 2005, 14:05   #6
Hammerman
Alcoholic

Hammerman has a spectacular aura aboutHammerman has a spectacular aura about

I've been playing at partypoker.com for just over a week now and my winnings seem to correspond somewhat with your graph. I'm only playing at the lowest stakes table for real money while I learn, but yesterday I made over $40 and right now I've lost the majority of that again. I won three hands in a row then got nothing for ages. Then I eventually hit 3 of a kind aces, thinking this was my long awaited winning hand I kept raising, only to be beaten by a flush.. when the guy had offsuits pre-fllop. I dunno jack shit about programming but it feels a bit non-random to me. I want my money back!
Hammerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2005, 14:07   #7
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

again i made 80$ today
i continued to play and lost 50$ of it before managing to scrape back upto around 75$ overall winnings.

its bizarre
hands then no hands
Unread 15 May 2005, 14:10   #8
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You could always 'not play again' until the circle of doom has gone full spin and you'll be back in the 'win-win' zone and can stop being quite so jealous of Dace.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2005, 14:14   #9
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass

Tell it like it is chief!
Unread 15 May 2005, 14:15   #10
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
Does anyone know anyone whos actually programmed one of these poker clients or maybe one of you maths wizkids can explain why "luck" does seem to come in phases.
Pokertracker is your friend here. Are you playing LAGgy in your second session? Are the other players playing tighter? It's only a shame it doesn't run under Wine or I'd use it

Another possibility, has the working world finished work for your second stint? Maybe the players at 2-3pm BST are unemployed Europeans and students, perhaps the more experienced players and pros are not playing at that time.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2005, 14:22   #11
Hammerman
Alcoholic

Hammerman has a spectacular aura aboutHammerman has a spectacular aura about

I'm down $30 today. I think I'm just playing like a retard though.
Hammerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2005, 15:18   #12
JammyJim
Godfather

i just lost about 3/4 f what i made today. sigh
im still up
just not as much
and its not because of bad play. its pacifcpoker im sure!
Unread 15 May 2005, 15:21   #13
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle29uk
Another possibility, has the working world finished work for your second stint? Maybe the players at 2-3pm BST are unemployed Europeans and students, perhaps the more experienced players and pros are not playing at that time.
Not that I play poker online, but I was thinking about the same.
Another explanation is that JJ is getting tired after a few hours, and then starts to loose consentration...
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2005, 16:10   #14
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

until approx 1pm its not worth playing pacificpoker, but after that, the shit players come out nd u can start making decent profits

2pm-9pm is best time for constant winnings.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2005, 17:06   #15
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about

prob to do with times you play, and standard of other people

also when you think your up, u will play lower cards etc. then get beat coz u think you can afford to lose some
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2005, 20:05   #16
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

nantoz, that cant possibly be right.

especially if you play with real people in places and there isnt actually anyone taking a cut.
Unread 15 May 2005, 20:19   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
Only about 2% of all poker players actually earn money in the long run.....
86.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.