User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Jan 2004, 16:26   #1
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Germans

I'm going to Berlin in May for a little holiday.

The extent of my German knowledge is from TV. I can so far say hello, goodbye and inform people that their mothers have big mustache's.

Any suggestions on a quick easy way of learning basic German - bearing in mind that I have the attention span of a .... ooh police car!
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 16:36   #2
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Germans

Don't learn German, those bastards can speak English too.
Those Germans come here to Holland to do their shopping on their German Sundays, and those lazy fat beerdrinking smelly unable-to-drive-a-car-properly Bockwursts refuse to even speak a word Dutch.

Bah
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 16:38   #3
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

ahhh those arrogant britheads again

@skiddy: mm cant really help you..

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 16:42   #4
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Get one of those "holiday german" book thingies
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 16:46   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
ahhh those arrogant britheads again
Given Germans don't speak the native language if it is less common than German (ie not english), I don't think your statement holds much water.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 16:47   #6
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

thats exactly your way of thinking

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 16:52   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
thats exactly your way of thinking
What, that Germans don't learn less common languages, or English is more common?

The first has been proven in the thread, and the 2nd is pretty self evident.

Indeed, if you include the languages spoken by people who travel to different countries, English is going to be the most spoken language.
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 16:58   #8
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Go to St. Pauli, and cheer the world's best soccer team!
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 17:15   #9
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
Go to St. Pauli, and cheer the world's best soccer team!
thats hamburg.

on the topic: they dont speak german in berlin, i have no idea what they speak but its not german. i dont know how long you are going to stay, but you should be able to get along with english.

PS @ struc: so a dutchman is telling me that we cant drive? what kind of sick joke is that?
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 17:37   #10
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

I learnt another word.

Gro(funny B)

It means big.
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 17:50   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
Gro(funny B)
Who'd have thought that gross could mean big?
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 17:57   #12
skiddy
wild one

Shh
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 17:58   #13
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
PS @ struc: so a dutchman is telling me that we cant drive? what kind of sick joke is that?
You lot always take the outer lane on the roundabound in Venlo, even when you're going three quarters around.

Oh, and you eat bratwurst with sauerkraut.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 18:03   #14
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
You lot always take the outer lane on the roundabound in Venlo, even when you're going three quarters around.

Oh, and you eat bratwurst with sauerkraut.
and you lot either drive around with your freakin caravans @ 50km/h in the middle of the road so that noone can overtake you or you drive like 250 km/h no matter if there is any speed limit or what the weather conditions are like.

and you eat cheese all the time.

and you send us André Rieu and Rudi Carrel
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 18:12   #15
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
and you lot either drive around with your freakin caravans @ 50km/h in the middle of the road so that noone can overtake you or you drive like 250 km/h no matter if there is any speed limit or what the weather conditions are like.

and you eat cheese all the time.

and you send us André Rieu and Rudi Carrel
You lot have speed limits in Germany? And caravans rock! When I grow up I want to have a big caravan too, and annoy the hell out of you Germans.

Oh, and you got André and Rudi because we don't want them. You can't blame us for that.
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 18:16   #16
skiddy
wild one

I want that aircraft carrier, but the bids are up to approx 9mil and I'm saving for aforementioned holiday.
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 18:31   #17
wu_trax

Quote:
You lot have speed limits in Germany? And caravans rock! When I grow up I want to have a big caravan too, and annoy the hell out of you Germans.
yes, we do. we only dont have a 'general speed limit' on out motorways. (its 120 km/h in NL if i remember correctly) but that doesnt mean you can drive any speed you want whereever you want.
and caravans suck. sometimes i wish it would be legal to own a bazooka here, so that i could solve that problem on my own.
Quote:
Oh, and you got André and Rudi because we don't want them. You can't blame us for that.
it still should be considered as a crima against humanity though. so pull them back or we will be forced to retaliate and send Dieter Bohlen to you.

Last edited by wu_trax; 2 Jan 2004 at 18:36.
wu_trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 20:15   #18
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1. British are the worst for not bothering to speak other languages
2. This is all your fault for most of you speaking at least some English (ps thanks, it makes holidays easier)
3. To speak basic german, add +en on to random words, and someone will get your drift.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 20:19   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Soundsen liken aen gooden planen
[edit]

For swedish, do the same an make all the vowels long.

Eg

Smoke becomes 'smorken'
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 20:22   #20
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

ich bin ein kartoffel kopf
(if i've spelt it right)
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 20:24   #21
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i saw this thread on the front page

it said Germans

last post Aryn

which i read as Aryan

and was briefly worried
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 20:26   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

You're a potatohead?
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 22:40   #23
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
1. British are the worst for not bothering to speak other languages
There's not much motivation to be fair, as most of the world starting speaking English. And there is not that much non-English speaking media fed to us.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 02:05   #24
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of

One little piece of advice:
Try not to address Hitler or World War II or any War at all as a topic, IF you get into an (english obviously) conversation somewhere.
English people tend to argue in favour of some strange thoughts and like discussing the past it seems, but that's not really the way it's liked in germany.

Pls don't post "That's because we won two world wars in a row, innit?", coz that's excactly what I mean

[edit:]I can hear you whispering "But we did!"
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 14:07   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I'm personally whispering 'What the **** is jetlinus on about'
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 14:11   #26
skiddy
wild one

I believe he may be referring to my original question, before you lot managed to detract from it so greatly.
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 14:28   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
I believe he may be referring to my original question, before you lot managed to detract from it so greatly.
I don't think 'Don't talk about WW2!!!' is a suggestion about how to pick up basic german.
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 14:35   #28
skiddy
wild one

Its x times closer than most of the other suggestions/posts - for example your learn to speak sweedish post.

Not that they are unwelcomed...
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:03   #29
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice

Quote:
Tref Center \o/

I used to love shopping there
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:03   #30
JetLinus

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of

Ok sorry, I might have been a step ahead.
I skipped the part with: "Well, don't bother learning German, it's too hard. And most Germans will switch to English after a minute anyway, as sonn as they realize the conversation is stuck."

Then I just wanted to give you one (more or less) useful peace of advice...

Coz thats the experience I made in England, or, to be precise, an English mate made in Germany.

And WTF is it with that "Du bist ein Kartoffelkopf"? I've heard it several times in UK, but FFS _WHAT_ on earth are you on about? It's not like we call ourselves potatoheads over here...
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:07   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Schnell! Schnell! Kartoffelkopf!
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:12   #32
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLinus
Ok sorry, I might have been a step ahead.
I skipped the part with: "Well, don't bother learning German, it's too hard. And most Germans will switch to English after a minute anyway, as sonn as they realize the conversation is stuck."

Then I just wanted to give you one (more or less) useful peace of advice...

Coz thats the experience I made in England, or, to be precise, an English mate made in Germany.

And WTF is it with that "Du bist ein Kartoffelkopf"? I've heard it several times in UK, but FFS _WHAT_ on earth are you on about? It's not like we call ourselves potatoheads over here...
a)why should anyone here have a problem with talking about ww2?
b) maybe we dont, but some turks do.
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:12   #33
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Schnell! Schnell! Kartoffelkopf!
Is there a terrible lion up your end or something?
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:14   #34
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
[edit:]I can hear you whispering "But we did!"
But we did!

Well, half my family did. The half that was in the Hitler Jugend didn't exactly come out of it very well.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:15   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle29uk
Is there a terrible lion up your end or something?
A wandering minstrel, I a thiiiiing of shreds and patches
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:16   #36
wu_trax

Quote:
But we did!

Well, half my family did. The half that was in the Hitler Jugend didn't exactly come out of it very well.
you are german?
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:19   #37
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
you are german?
Meine oma was Oesterreiche (I can never find an umlaut when I want one ).
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:19   #38
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Tref Center \o/

I used to love shopping there
OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD... Gayle in being closer than I thought shocker!!!

Wait a sec, I thought you were British?
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:19   #39
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
A wandering minstrel, I a thiiiiing of shreds and patches
Gale force 9
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:21   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Gayle force 9
I'm a veritable Woscar Ilde.
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:21   #41
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD... Gayle in being closer than I thought shocker!!!

Wait a sec, I thought you were British?
I am, I just used to live in Rheindahlen (i.e. 30 minutes from the Dutch border). Used to go shopping in Venlo and Roermond

Roermond had the most fabulous cream cake shop, big choux pastry balls filled with cream (STOP S******ING!) and covered in chocolate fudge topping. Some sort of cherry thing in the base as well, they were perfect
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:22   #42
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
I'm a veritable Woscar Ilde.
Such a shining wit
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:23   #43
JetLinus

Arrow Re: Germans

Quote:
a)why should anyone here have a problem with talking about ww2?
It's not that we have a problem talking about it. I personally don't mind as well, when somebody who just beat me in a game on the playstation says "Hey, just like in WW2". That's just some thing I particularily noticed in English people.
But, as soon as you don't really feel "comfortable" about it being talked all the time... Like when England became world champion in rugby, and my mates (in UK) said "About time.". And the discussion slowly moves over to word wars etc and who's won them. And then I say "Alright, lets keep sports and football etc together, that's what it's about", they start arguing about why I wouldn't wanna talk about WW2.
Then I could say "Yeah well, ok we lost, but it's also about the bad stuff that happened, and we're still always guilty etc, and in me free time I'm just not interested in it."
And they might not understand, and keep on going.

Actually, I'm just saying: Some people, especially of different political parties, can really hate you, if you say the wrong thing. It's sort of "dangerous". Lots of our politicians had to leave their job because they said something in favour of Hitler or whatever.
Basically it's not objective or neutral anymore. Our point of view seems verry narrow.

So, that was all I wanted to say: If you can avoid this topic, do so. Or, on the other hand: Don't start it on your own. Just my split of an Euro...
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:27   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Having spent 2 years in close contact with german people in England, I think I'm qualified to say 'What?'
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:28   #45
wu_trax

well, we can still talk about how much they suck in football and how they needed a completlya incomeptend referee to win the WC.
(but you are somewhat right, if you put it that way, see d-day thread)
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:30   #46
wu_trax

Quote:
Meine oma was Oesterreiche (I can never find an umlaut when I want one ).
ah, i see. your signature made too litle sence anyway
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:32   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
well, we can still talk about how much they suck in football and how they needed a completlya incomeptend referee to win the WC.
(but you are somewhat right, if you put it that way, see d-day thread)
England has the better head-to-head ratio of the last 4 years duder.

We've lost 1 competitive match under our current coach, and that was to the world champions (who you lost to more convincingly).

We're also in the top10 in the world rankings, which Germany isn't.
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:33   #48
JetLinus

Arrow Re: Germans

Quote:
Having spent 2 years in close contact with german people in England, I think I'm qualified to say 'What?'
Sure, coz you're on the "other" side. You WOULD understand what I mean if you were German, being in close contact with English...
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:36   #49
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Sure, coz you're on the "other" side. You WOULD understand what I mean if you were German, being in close contact with English...
Whut?
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 15:36   #50
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
ah, i see. your signature made too litle sence anyway
I imagine it makes no sense at all to a German, it's a joke that just looks like German
das blinkenlights!!!