User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 26 Jul 2010, 20:54   #1
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice
New Owner Prediction Thread

i predict nothing will change

i predict servers will run crap in start

i predict appocomaster wont get payed for codin

i hope i am wrong

r43 pa will be sold to spinner!

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 21:01   #2
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all
Re: New Owner Prediction Thread

try not to scare off the new owners before they even have a chance to do anything m0. ¬_¬
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 21:08   #3
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

scare them off? why should we have any hopes? We, as a community, have been neglected and butt****ed for years. I predict the butt****ing will continue

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 21:13   #4
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
try not to scare off the new owners before they even have a chance to do anything m0. ¬_¬
i think the new owners (if they care at all) will understand how the community feels (yet again) - dont think they expect us to be all HALLELUJA

i was optimistic the last time, and i wish i could say i was so still, but i am not

i am happy if i see my predictions fail

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 21:41   #5
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
scare them off? why should we have any hopes? We, as a community, have been neglected and butt****ed for years. I predict the butt****ing will continue
o baby nothing like a decent butt****ing to start my day

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 21:47   #6
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd judge them by their plans and pretty much by what they do straight away to change the game.

They need to make it more accessible, for a start.
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 22:12   #7
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Every change ever suggested or implemented, you've posted on the forums that you'd quit PA if it happend
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 22:30   #8
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Groundhog day \o/

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 22:40   #9
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I would not be surprised if they were just looking for a somewhat known sci-fi brand and then revamp it using War of Legends with different art assets.

Then again I may be wrong on this one. However, it's nice to see that finally there is an owner with experience in this part of the market, so hope for PA turning better can definitely be justified.
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 22:46   #10
DragonKing

DragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to all

round 43? bit optamistic there morph i predict PA will be sold on again in 41 with around 200 active planets and 400 inactives left. to some even more hopeless owner who will promise lots deliver nothing and finally let the game die due to lack of intrest

Round 27 28 HA DC BC, 29 VGN DC, 30 ND DC, 31 32 HA head DC,
Round 33 34 35 ND DC
Round 36 37 38 ND HC DC
Round 39 to Forever ND DC
DragonKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 22:56   #11
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Every change ever suggested or implemented, you've posted on the forums that you'd quit PA if it happend

Yet still he is here!!! How many changes must we implement to rid PA of Wishy!!
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 23:21   #12
Cowch
Moo

Cowch is on a distinguished road

The mention of creating a sequel suggests they're trying to buy the community and then focus on a new game. I think that's pretty much what zPeti did, and it meant nothing much was contributed to Pa.

But, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now. Welcome aboard new guys!
Cowch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 23:43   #13
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

I've got hope for Jagex, they've proven to be pretty great with internet games (Runescape) so hopefully they'll bring what's needed to PA
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 00:03   #14
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

should just accept PA is basically dead and concentrate on the sequel imo. PA is old and needs to be archived.

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 01:03   #15
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

.prop kick Cin being only a codemonkey. shouldn't be in charge of anything, should just code. Also stops any form of real progress. Has no clue where he wants to go or how he wants to go there. So I say, he is out.
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 03:11   #16
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

The real question is...
Can they be any worse?
They would have to try really hard to do that, so at least there's a faint light at the end of the tunnel.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 03:52   #17
Pug

Pug can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
I would not be surprised if they were just looking for a somewhat known sci-fi brand and then revamp it using War of Legends with different art assets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki
In 2010 the Jagex Publishing division was launched with the release of War of Legends. The company has stated that is has "ambitious plans to release multiple titles from third-party developers", although no other titles have yet been announced.

On July 14 2010, Jagex announced their second mmorpg "Stellar Dawn" (third mmo in total) & revealed the official website. Closed Beta applications were also included in the launch of the website.
Perhaps you won't be far off the truth there Heartless - in the end though, if it enhances the gaming experience, then surely it's a good thing.

Going off Jagex's history and considering they are an established organisation, I think PA is in fairly good hands, either in it's current format with on going additions or a new up to date game with PA-esque features.
Pug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 04:23   #18
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I had high hopes for the last owner, who didn't do a ****ing thing.

Hopefully these people, with a credible history, will give PA what it deserves.

Personally, I'll not be playing again anytime soon. I do however continue to monitor the game's progress (or lack thereof) and would love to see it become interesting and playable again.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 05:24   #19
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

I think they have until the end of the year (when Spinner's game is ready) to come up with an improved game. Or I predict the community will go back to daddy.
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 07:47   #20
M0RPH3US
idle

well i dont want a sequel
i dont want a new game by spinner

i want PLANETARION

and i think i speak for many around

Unread 27 Jul 2010, 08:32   #21
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
name 1 change I ve ever said I d quit PA if were implemented?

Taking a round off, cause you cba to play with an awful set of stats isnt quitting.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled

Last edited by Appocomaster; 27 Jul 2010 at 10:43.
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 10:11   #22
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
well i dont want a sequel
i dont want a new game by spinner

i want PLANETARION

and i think i speak for many around
Get over yourself, you sound like a 3 year old. "WANNA WANNA WANNA!"
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 27 Jul 2010 at 11:10. Reason: fine
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 10:23   #23
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Get over yourself, you sound like a 2 year old. "WANNA WANNA WANNA!"
A 2 year old mostly points and cries when he/she doesn't get what he/she wants.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 10:36   #24
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
A 2 year old mostly points and cries when he/she doesn't get what he/she wants.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Uc2suQSWMX...in_obvious.jpg
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 11:01   #25
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
Here, have a cookie and go sit in the corner thx.

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 Jul 2010, 12:16   #26
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'm dismayed by their stated intention to "work with the PA Team".

The PA Team are variously unimaginative; under resourced; inexperienced; unprofessional; uninspiring; and hopelessly directionless.

This game needs the PA Team's input like it needs a hole in the head.

What it does need is a developer with a sense of purpose, a clear direction, and an ultimate outcome in mind. Without that, I doubt this 'new beginning' will lead to anything more than the slow and inevitable death of this game.
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 12:23   #27
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Atleast Jagex have the resources to develop PA unlike pete did who seemed to be a one man band who didn't even have access to the internet at home.....

this is a proven company with a great history, how about we do something radical and give them a chance. I think that these guys would probably be better off getting spinner to shelve his game and bring him in to work with planetarion as only he really knows how to take this forward due to his track record with the game.

I personally agree with m0, i don't want a new game or a sequel i want planetarion to continue....

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 12:30   #28
Reincarnate
ToF

I am always surprised, and often afraid, when Mek says something vaguely intelligent.

Please try not to make a habit of it.

Unread 27 Jul 2010, 12:30   #29
M0RPH3US
idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
I personally agree with m0, i don't want a new game or a sequel i want planetarion to continue....
now we are 6 at age (2x3) :P

Quote:
Atleast Jagex have the resources to develop PA unlike pete did who seemed to be a one man band who didn't even have access to the internet at home.....
yet i miss the news on JAGEX Page where it says "JAGEX bought Planetarion"

Quote:
this is a proven company with a great history, how about we do something radical and give them a chance.
not much left we can do anyhow, apart from quit the game, which would be counter productive

Unread 27 Jul 2010, 12:35   #30
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
I am always surprised, and often afraid, when Mek says something vaguely intelligent.

Please try not to make a habit of it.
thanks rein...you bastard <3

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 12:41   #31
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

quick google search reveiled http://www.mechscapeworld.com/forums...howtopic=12731 !!!
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 12:52   #32
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
It is another one of those boring text based games that get you bored in 10 minutes.
"Click here to make this spaceship and gain 100 xp" click that button 10000 times in row and level up so you can build bigger spaceships and gain 120 xp each click!
I lol'd.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 12:59   #33
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling View Post
The PA Team are variously unimaginative; under resourced; inexperienced; unprofessional; uninspiring; and hopelessly directionless.
you forgot to mention: unpaid for years. You would be surprised what you can obtain by just paying people to do a job...
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 13:31   #34
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I lol'd.

x2

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 13:35   #35
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
you forgot to mention: unpaid for years. You would be surprised what you can obtain by just paying people to do a job...
Not getting paid for something is a piss poor excuse for doing a bad job. There's a thread on the first page of this forum which shows the quality motivated people can turn out, even if they're not being paid.
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 13:44   #36
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Anyways, I registred and tried out the PA.
It is another one of those boring text based games that get you bored in 10 minutes.
"Click here to make this spaceship and gain 100 xp" click that button 10000 times in row and level up so you can build bigger spaceships and gain 120 xp each click!

Did this guy actually sign up to PA cos i swear in the 5 rounds i have played i have never 'lvled up'. Am i missing something?!?! I also dont remember clicking a button 10000 times but then im not a scanwhore...

Also 120 xp a tick - this guy must have been a real player!!
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 13:50   #37
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The problem is that that's what the game actually looks like due to the way the "quests" are laid out. First page, first thing you see. Basically everything to do with PA is a wall of text. This was acceptable back in 2000 (and honest to god it was better then as well) but these days it just looks retarded.
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 14:43   #38
Makhil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Not getting paid for something is a piss poor excuse for doing a bad job.
It's the best excuse for not working at all.
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 16:59   #39
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
It's the best excuse for not working at all.
Not if it was a job you voluntarily accepted.
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 22:04   #40
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Did this guy actually sign up to PA cos i swear in the 5 rounds i have played i have never 'lvled up'. Am i missing something?!?! I also dont remember clicking a button 10000 times but then im not a scanwhore...

Also 120 xp a tick - this guy must have been a real player!!
That is the first impression of a new player, If its not the case.. its not the new players fault, its the games fault for giving off the wrong impression through poor design.

Thats actually valuable feedback and not something to mock, unless we want to carry on the charade of 'a facebook app would solve everything'!!! which the PA suggestion forums seemed to hold as the holy grail to fixing PA without even stopping to think that the game would fail so hard in facebook due to its graphics, gameplay and time required.

but anyway back onto the subject of the new owners..
They said in the announcement that they planned to make a 'sequal' to PA plus the fact that they now own galaxytarion.. seems they intend to remake PA which may be a good thing.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 22:46   #41
Cowch
Moo

Quote:
Anyways, I registred and tried out the PA.
Heh... "the PA"

Anyway, this does show the burden of introducing new players to the game. It's a fairly simple on it's face but complicated to get a knack for without help.

The fun part of the game is being part of an alliance. I wish we could funnel new players into an alliance, where they would get the help and support they need, more efficiently.
Unread 28 Jul 2010, 09:53   #42
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowch View Post
Heh... "the PA"

Anyway, this does show the burden of introducing new players to the game. It's a fairly simple on it's face but complicated to get a knack for without help.

The fun part of the game is being part of an alliance. I wish we could funnel new players into an alliance, where they would get the help and support they need, more efficiently.
Perhaps introduce NPC alliances, similar to NPC Corporations in EVE Online. Every new member which isn't alligned with an existing player alliance, will be put in a random NPC alliance. This offers an easy way for them to meet other players and offer the obvious advantages of an alliances.

Allthough it's nowhere near being in a player owned alliance, but it's a start.

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 Jul 2010, 10:03   #43
M0RPH3US
idle

i think the problem is that some/many/most new players dont want to be part of alliances, they dont want to meet ppl, they dont want to chat on irc, they just want to try to play the game

ofc as we all know it wont work without alliance, without irc, without meeting and getting to know people

maybe thats where we have to step in and announce to everyone, that PA is no fun playing it for yourself

how do those game companies put it

"Game Experience May Change During Online Play"

we should ammend that

"Game Experience Will Change During Alliance Play"

Unread 28 Jul 2010, 10:39   #44
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
maybe thats where we have to step in and announce to everyone, that PA is no fun playing it for yourself

Yeah. The radical difference between Planetarion and your generic MMO is that most MMOs actually offer content worth a dime even if you didn't really participate with other players - or at least the "introductionary" part doesn't really require you to cooperate with others, and the cooperation with others is sublty swung unto you as you progress in the game.

Planetarion is very, very little if anything at all but a small pile of excel sheets. That is, if you don't consider the social aspect of it. If you don't get involved in the social frame fast enough, odds are you'll get bored of the game in two days. Which would imply that the game needs either a stronger function of integrating new players to the social system, or more attractive "single player" content, or possibly both.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2010, 11:54   #45
M0RPH3US
idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
Which would imply that the game needs either a stronger function of integrating new players to the social system, or more attractive "single player" content, or possibly both.
well i dont see where we could implement so called single player content, as PA is a game of interaction with each other
we can ofc make it more fun to look at, like i suggested in other threads before, with implementing gfx and some features, but it would remain a multiplayer game more then anthing else

regarding the integration i agree, but there have always been alliances doing so, i am thinking of ASS which done it many many rounds
or now the horde is trying aswell

but i think more then those steps to integrate new ppl it is a PA/Crew task to make the fact known that PA is no and never will be a single player game

Unread 28 Jul 2010, 11:58   #46
Cowch
Moo

It's not a single player game. If it were I wouldn't play it. But the average schmuck signing up for the game doesn't know that he needs to get on IRC and join a team.
Unread 28 Jul 2010, 13:07   #47
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

I believe not only the integration to the community needs to be made better but also the single player aspect needs to be looked into, since, of course established community members won't feel it's important or intresting, but from a point of a new player it might be something to get them into the game good enough to actually be intrested in the social frame.

Whether this could happen in a height of granting players more ability to micromanage their planets and ships (Master of Orion style), or something different, I'm sure suggestions will be around (I personally am a fan of expanding planetary micromanagement to a Master of Orion direction to bring single player depth to the game that also adds to the multiplayer potential).
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2010, 15:22   #48
M0RPH3US
idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowch View Post
It's not a single player game. If it were I wouldn't play it. But the average schmuck signing up for the game doesn't know that he needs to get on IRC and join a team.
exactly my point

Unread 28 Jul 2010, 15:52   #49
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

There are single-player elements in PA today. Cov-ops for instance is really something you do "by yourself".
Thats the main reason cov-ops was implemented back in the days. But other elements of SP or single player effort has actually been removed. The "getting a good start" is completely gone, the "composing a different fleet" is nearly gone and the outcome of your round is more based on wether or not you are in a atrong alliance and the political landscape. If you are in an alliance somewhere in the middle of the ranks, it doesn't matter how well you know the game, you are just food for bigger fish. I might be overdoing it here, but there is, in my opinion very little "gameplay" left here.
Ask yourself one question: What could I have done last round to end up with a much bigger networth, score etc. How many descisions did you make that caused the end-result?

Its a fair question
Unread 28 Jul 2010, 16:16   #50
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
If you are in an alliance somewhere in the middle of the ranks, it doesn't matter how well you know the game, you are just food for bigger fish.
To be fair, you never did understand your own game, so not unsurprisingly you're way off with this assumption. In fact if you hide away in a middling alliance, able to avoid any greater interest during the round and with decent support and a good planet strategy, you're quite able to end a lot higher than with the same effort and skill in a top alliance which is forced to take part in wars.

For your supposition to be true the winning alliance has to secure the win relatively early and dominate the end round, allowing it to prune out non-critical hostiles from the high ranks before rounds end. Given the current scoring system and the effort it requires, this seldom happens. Closest we've had that I remember was rnd28 when Asc held 26 top32 planets.