User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 22 Jan 2006, 22:32   #51
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Battlestar Galactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
He's responsible for the deaths of 99% of the human race in the first couple of episodes. I'm curious how someone could have liked him before and then changed their mind. Having said that, I haven't seen the latest episode yet, should do in an hour or so.
I don't think you're responsible for something you didn't know was happening. I don't know why he would give a nuke to those people, it's out of character. You know, he's predicted to be the one to survive all the way to Earth. Now I don't know who I like anymore I'm having trouble identifying with them, although I like Adama Jr's new perspective on things since his space walk. Maybe he went emo.
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 22:45   #52
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Really? Whoever wrote Code Red didn't know it was going to bring down banks and ATMs across the world (there was a design flaw that meant it propagated far too fast). However, I would expect any court to hold the virus author responsible for that damage.
Baltar's situation is remarkably similar. He knew what he was doing was wrong, and he could have guessed what some of the reprecussions might be. That being said, as with the code red author, the scale of the disaster entirely dwarfed any reasonable guess at what might happen.

As for Baltar's behaviour, he believes President Roslin has betrayed him (reaction from reading the letter etc). Right now his actions are based purely on revenge, which is in character for him. As I said, he's a self serving egomaniac. His pride has been hurt so he wants to cause damage in return. However, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he suddenly regrets it and comes crying to mummy in a few episode's time, as that's the sort of person his character is.

Last edited by meglamaniac; 22 Jan 2006 at 22:51.
meglamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 04:21   #53
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Presumably he is worried that one day Roslin will turn against him. By having the nuke as his ace-in-the-hole he can protect himself and build a base of support amongst the civilian population. Of course its self serving, but you need a character like that to be the character he is.

I think his character is one of the key elements which raises the show above similar shows. His character is in regular dialogue with the main badguys, that's a hard narrative trick to pull off, yet not only did the writers do this but they made it transcendent to make the point that life on Caprica was good and that something was lost when it was destroyed.
I felt both her distrust of him AND how what was lost on Caprica with poignancy in the last episode in the former education secretary (and now president) flashback in the midst of that government mall. I found irony? in that she wanted the hybrid baby destroyed because of its blood and then she ends up with this blood in her own body at the end of the episode. It's not that the blood saved her, it is that it is in her very body, this thing she despises. I think this will be an element that will cause conflict for this character later.
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 07:45   #54
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Battlestar Galactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
As for Baltar's behaviour, he believes President Roslin has betrayed him (reaction from reading the letter etc).
She dissed him, but she didn't betray him. Not in the way he's betrayed everyone else time and time again. :/ At most he thinks she doesn't trust him, but then it's not like he's ever her (or anyone else) much reason to do so.

Baltar was somewhat more credible when he was just trying to cover up his past sins (back before he really knew he was working with the Cylons). His latest sins seem less credible to me, in that he can't be so naive as to think he has a future with the Cylons (they may let him live long enough to lead them to Earth, but only so they can kill the 13th tribe too).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Presumably he is worried that one day Roslin will turn against him. By having the nuke as his ace-in-the-hole he can protect himself and build a base of support amongst the civilian population.
I would think someone like Zarek would be a better counterweight to Roslin than the Six clone. Zarek, so far as we know, is human and can play the loyal opposition card against Roslin in a way that a known Cylon agent never can. If Baltar is using the nuke to get support then I think he's looking for support from the Cylons, not the civilians.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 08:11   #55
Alunan

Alunan is infamous around these partsAlunan is infamous around these partsAlunan is infamous around these parts

http://operationBSG.ytmnd.com/

Does this help to clarify things?
Alunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 04:28   #56
s|k
Caveat Lector

Holy shit what did they do to BSG? Ruin a perfectly good show on a whim? What a cheesy way to tie up plot points.

Oh shit, I just realized it was the season finale. No more BSG until June wtf will I do?

Last edited by s|k; 12 Mar 2006 at 06:18.
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 16:38   #57
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

June?

Try October.

It was a completely mind-blowing finale. We have to wait until October to see where they're going with this but there's so much potential there.
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 01:22   #58
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Personally I was disappointed. The entire episode seemed to be building to a climax which never happened. On top of that, they're now basicly back to square one thanks to Baltar.

It'll have to be pretty good come October to salvage what seems to be a very sloppy end to season 2.
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 03:47   #59
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Personally I was disappointed. The entire episode seemed to be building to a climax which never happened. On top of that, they're now basicly back to square one thanks to Baltar.

It'll have to be pretty good come October to salvage what seems to be a very sloppy end to season 2.
Resurrection Ship makes up for the very weak end, that story arch was phenomenal. It's too bad that Admiral died. I didn't like her, but I've noticed a hole in the series since her character died.
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 05:47   #60
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Yeah that whole bit was good, except for Lee's "oh I just want to die" emo episode. I thought the best bits of this two-parter were the tension leading up to the election and the jump back to caprica* and subsequent problems on the ground, both of which were pretty much wrapped up by the end of part 1. This, coupled with the extra length of part 2, made it feel even more like an episode looking for a story. It's almost as if it was written to end the series for good - maybe it was, before they got word that S3 was confirmed?

* For some reason, the raptor jumping inside a mountain made me laugh. Maybe I'm a bad person.
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 07:58   #61
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Yeah that whole bit was good, except for Lee's "oh I just want to die" emo episode. I thought the best bits of this two-parter were the tension leading up to the election and the jump back to caprica* and subsequent problems on the ground, both of which were pretty much wrapped up by the end of part 1. This, coupled with the extra length of part 2, made it feel even more like an episode looking for a story. It's almost as if it was written to end the series for good - maybe it was, before they got word that S3 was confirmed?

* For some reason, the raptor jumping inside a mountain made me laugh. Maybe I'm a bad person.
I liked that part where he's floating in space and watches the battle. That was amazing, I just felt the depth of space, I thought that part was grand. Seeing something through a character's perspective, imo, is always better than 'god view.' But yeah, in the finale, I thought too that the last part where it jumps a year seems like it was created after they got the okay for the 3rd season. Sucks when they're only being okayed season by season, this is the best show on Sci-Fi, they better give it like a 5 year contract.
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 16:35   #62
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Holy shit what did they do to BSG? Ruin a perfectly good show on a whim? What a cheesy way to tie up plot points.
Looked to me to be a "what if..." to justify the heinous crime of vote rigging to the US audience. They can play out this little story and kill everyone off then jump back to the part where Adama tells Roslin he's not gonna let her get away with it, just so she doesn't look like the normal kind of dictator, but like a more caring variety.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 08:56   #63
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

It was a 'different' ending, thats for sure.

I agree with Apothos, I get the feeling this isnt really happening, its probably one of Roslins fking visions again or something. Or Baltar dreaming when he put his head down on the desk to cry.
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 15:43   #64
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Having just listened to the Episode 20 podcast (like the commentaries you get on a DVD) it would appear they're really serious with it being one year later, its not a dream/alternate future and they've settled the planet.

Series 3 better be good.
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 17:48   #65
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Battlestar Galactica

There's virtually nothing in the finale that can't be undone (even without resorting to a "dream" plot device). I expect our plucky band of survivors will be back in space fleeing the cylons before too many episodes of season 3.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote