Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 5 Sep 2003, 16:32   #1
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
The Strategy Tournament

Welcome to the PA RP forum's first strategy tournament. I might have come up with some kind of novel storyline to it, but I decided not to, mainly because of apathy. This tournament is going to go on for a while, due to the nature of strategy threads, but when it has, finally, drawn to a conclusion, one of the competitors will become champion. This doesn't really have any advantages or rewards other than knowing you wiped the floor with everyone else.

The rules will vary from game to game, being decided for the most part by the two dice which are going to be controlling at least part of your in-thread fate during this tournament. Thusly, I won't post a ruleset here.

The Aim
I considered and decided against matching you against oneanother in the style of most other structured tournaments, as knowing how to move when more than two players are involved is an important part of any strategy thread. Thusly I'm going to divide competitors into 'groups' of multiple players, who will share common scenarios for a couple of rounds before I mix them up again.

The aim of the tournament is to gather as many 'Victory Points' as you can. To do this, you have to win scenarios. Generally speaking, you will get 1 Victory Point for actually winning a scenario through whatever means the dice dictated, and the other players get nothing. Sometimes, however, the winner will be awarded two and the runners-up one. In other instances the awards will vary again.

At the end of the tournament, the player with the most Victory Points will be made Champion, and the 2nd and 3rd placers made offical Runners Up. Then, a few months later, it happens all over again.

Signing Up
I will be taking on an absolute maximum of 16 people, but I don't expect that many anyway. Once everyone who is interested has signed up, I'll sort you into your intial groupings. For three rounds, excluding the introductory first round, your sole mission will be the total defeat of the other RPers in your group. Then, after the first few rounds, I'll switch you all about.

In certain scenarios, diplomacy between players is forbidden in-game, but remember that I have no way of telling what you're scheming outside of the game.

Below is a list of places. Copy the latest version of the list (which will sometimes be in peoples' posts) and add your name to it.

Please do try to stay in the tournament throughout if you do sign up, otherwise it'll screw my system up.

The Tournament Will Begin
Tomorrow evening, at which point signings will close.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote