User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 May 2006, 21:05   #1
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
Xmen 3

Anyone else seen it yet?

it was good, but they tried to do too much in an hour and a half, not intirely sure how they're going to undo some of the changes they've made for the 4th film (if indeed there will be one), but Kelsey Grammar as beast was cool.

Any other thoughts?
Unread 26 May 2006, 21:27   #2
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts
Re: Xmen 3

i'm gunna watch it on sunday
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2006, 21:57   #3
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

It was ok until half-way. Then it turned shit... very Matrixy.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2006, 23:07   #4
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I really enjoyed it, though annoyed that I missed the bit after the credits yet again.
Unread 27 May 2006, 00:57   #5
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

See, I loved the second one, well, what I seen of it.

I've never seen any of the first one.

I really need to get them both on DVD then go see the third - to be fair, from what I have seen, it appears to out-do the rest of the superhero franchises. Spiderman was decent, but X-Men kinda wins.

Admittedly I've only seen about 90% of the second film
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2006, 02:02   #6
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Right, I have several complaints. Out of a very good film there were some things wrong.

*SPOILeRS*

1) the death of Cyclops was washed over without any explaination.
2) the creation of Pheonix was washed over without any explaination.
3) the moral explaination of the child being locked away was totally ignored.
4) the angel guy only seemed to be in it for the final scene.

I'm sure there were mre but I can't remember.

the film was short and these things could have been covered in more depth.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2006, 04:04   #7
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

kelsey grammar pronounced X-avier as 'zavier' which while technically correct is (i believe) against the cannon.

other than that i enjoyed the film
Unread 27 May 2006, 04:46   #8
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

In that sense, canon only has one 'n'.

Your spelling indicates a form of long range projectile based weapon.
Unread 27 May 2006, 04:50   #9
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
Your spelling indicates a form of long range projectile based weapon.
then my spelling gives me away
Unread 27 May 2006, 04:54   #10
skiddy
wild one

You'd better be on significantly better behaviour later today.
Unread 27 May 2006, 05:27   #11
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Im off to see it on sunday, so will give my verdict on sunday. Incidentally the last 6 weeks me, my girlfriend another couple and a few random friends here and there have this tradition where on sunday we go and eat either an indian buffet or chinese buffet about 6pm (all you can eat ofc) and then go to the cinema at 8.30. Possibly one of the most chilled out days. You do nothing until 6, then eat and enjoy the cinematic experience.

In a Ewan McGregor voice

"Cinema! Its the experience that counts,"
Unread 27 May 2006, 13:46   #12
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
Anyone else seen it yet?

it was good, but they tried to do too much in an hour and a half, not intirely sure how they're going to undo some of the changes they've made for the 4th film (if indeed there will be one), but Kelsey Grammar as beast was cool.

Any other thoughts?
I was under the impression that it was always designed to be a trilogy, at least a lot of the film reviews have suggested that it's the final installment.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2006, 15:42   #13
Emperor Rozenski
Generic funny comment.

Emperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to all

Quote:
Anyone else seen it yet?

Any other thoughts?
Saw it Thursday night, thought it was great, if a little short. The final scene with a certain old man at a chess board moving the king and the scene after the credits finished invloving someone we thought was dead would also suggest they've left it open for another installment. Plus, I'm sure a while ago Vinnie Jones said he was signed up for two X-Men films.

Kick the Baby! - did we rock your world?
Emperor Rozenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2006, 13:09   #14
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

MAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to behold

The producer of X-men (cant remember his name) has said he wouldnt be doing anymore x-men films but might be doing a prequel with woverine in, im guessing his Weapon - X days
Unread 28 May 2006, 13:38   #15
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAsta_MArk
The producer of X-men (cant remember his name) has said he wouldnt be doing anymore x-men films but might be doing a prequel with woverine in, im guessing his Weapon - X days
They changed their mind, they are now saying that it depends on how well this one does at the box office.
Unread 28 May 2006, 14:05   #16
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Saw it last night, think I was looking forward to it a little too much. Was good, but not awesome as my mind had hyped it up to being. Most of the characters were disappointingly underused, though Kelsey Grammer was good as Beast (even with his decidedly Frasier-esque delivery of one of his lines in the final few scenes of the film).

Did anyone who's seen it see the scene at the very end of the credits? The cinema was too hot for me to bother staying so I've only seen it roughly transcribed on the internet.
Unread 28 May 2006, 14:20   #17
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Saw it last night, think I was looking forward to it a little too much. Was good, but not awesome as my mind had hyped it up to being. Most of the characters were disappointingly underused, though Kelsey Grammer was good as Beast (even with his decidedly Frasier-esque delivery of one of his lines in the final few scenes of the film).

Did anyone who's seen it see the scene at the very end of the credits? The cinema was too hot for me to bother staying so I've only seen it roughly transcribed on the internet.
i did. i like the way four things happen in the whole damn film and they reverse the two interesting ones at the end
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2006, 16:44   #18
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Erm anyone care to pm me a spoiler of what happens in the final scene as we sorta bailed from the cinema before the rush when everyone was getting ready!

I thought it was really good though. Didnt think much of the Angel character, he just didnt seem to do anything. And a real waste of time with the Bobby & Kitty angle if there not gonna make another one for that relationship to develop in. I liked the phoenix character and thought the girl who plays her did it really quite well.
Unread 29 May 2006, 20:07   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I thought it was distinctly mediocre. It tried to cover too many threads without having sufficient depth in any of them. They could have easily dropped the Rogue & Angel bits without any real impact on the overall story.

It had it's moments, McKellan was again good as Magneto and most of the action sequences were competently done. It just didn't really affect me much and although I've not seen it in a while I seem to remember X2 being a better movie.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2006, 00:12   #20
Evil Skragg
And you expected Kittens?

Evil Skragg will become famous soon enoughEvil Skragg will become famous soon enough

Pretentious analysis aside, I thought it was rather cool, 'speshally with Mystique and her bare human buttocks. Very refreshing.

As for X4, last i heard they were going to do a Snake Eater and make a film about Charles Xavier and Eric Lensherr's past before they became enemies.As for Vinnie Jones claims to be signed up for 2 X-men films, belief of this statement is based upon wether or not ex-footballer Vinne Jones can actually count.
Unread 30 May 2006, 13:45   #21
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
They changed their mind, they are now saying that it depends on how well this one does at the box office.
http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...06/story.jhtml

Well?
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2006, 14:00   #22
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

I thought it was good, didnt go in with to high expectations but it suprised me nicely, then ending was a bit of a let down, but i didnt mind to much.

Famke Janssen was pretty ****ing hot for a 40 year old I have to say:|
Unread 30 May 2006, 14:19   #23
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki
Possible sequel(s)
Patrick Stewart and Halle Berry said that if the movie fares well, there will be more in the franchise. The final scene and the scene after the end-credits leave the possibility open. Vinnie Jones said that when contracting for his role as the Juggernaut, he signed for three movies, although this is standard procedure on planned franchise projects.
two can play at the quoting game
Unread 30 May 2006, 18:31   #24
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

SPOILER

I was pretty dismayed with what happened to magneto.
Unread 30 May 2006, 18:33   #25
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

It would have been better had the actually followed through with it instead of chickening out at the end of the damn film. That said, I wouldn't want to lose the character if only because McKellen plays it so well.