User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Aug 2003, 13:28   #1
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
It's a Megablast

Okay, chatting on irc like today about new PA, and for a laugh I said we should name one of the Res/Con "Super Nashwan Power". Entire beta chan more or less starts looking at me with an odd face.

I refuse to believe that so few people remember this utter utter classic, THE grand daddy of shootemups.

Tell me I'm not alone here and that plenty still cherish this masterpiece (yes I'm even listening to the Bomb the Bass track now).

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 13:29   #2
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 13:38   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 14:01   #4
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like your on your own
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 14:24   #5
Eternity
DarK_AnGeL^

Eternity is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: It's a Megablast

Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
Okay, chatting on irc like today about new PA, and for a laugh I said we should name one of the Res/Con "Super Nashwan Power". Entire beta chan more or less starts looking at me with an odd face.

I refuse to believe that so few people remember this utter utter classic, THE grand daddy of shootemups.

Tell me I'm not alone here and that plenty still cherish this masterpiece (yes I'm even listening to the Bomb the Bass track now).

Don't worry Petru I wub yuo even if I have never heard of the aforementioned game

rgds DarK_AnGeL^

(this is supposed to be a kj diss)

(because wtf is the point in typing it every time if it says your name by the side of your post muppet)
VtS, CpV, RAH, ND, Jenova, xVx, Ascendancy, Rainbows, Kittenz, Faceless, Ironborn and RED.

Played in rounds :
20, 22, 23, 24, 27, 30, 31
71 - 85.
Eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 14:57   #6
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 15:19   #7
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future
Re: It's a Megablast

Quote:
Originally posted by Petru

'Super Nashwan Power' was the (imo) ripoff upgrade that gave you 10(ish?) secs of uber weapons in Xennon 2. I still have it for my Amiga.
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 15:44   #8
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
I still play it some now and then and have the song 'megablast - bomb the base' on mp3.

It's a great game , but looking at pure quality i think you missed some shooters out if you say this is the daddy of all shooters.

would like to discuss this some more but gotta go visiting my granny
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 19:48   #9
MegaNova
m33p

MegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the rough
As i have said before in the beta channel, i wouldnt like a res/con with Mega in it
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 12:23   #10
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: It's a Megablast

Quote:
Originally posted by Eternity
rgds DarK_AnGeL^

(this is supposed to be a kj diss)

(because wtf is the point in typing it every time if it says your name by the side of your post muppet)
rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote