User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 4 Apr 2015, 21:54   #1
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Round 62 stats?

So... any volunteers?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2015, 23:37   #2
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: Round 62 stats?

Heard nelito had a set

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2015, 01:58   #3
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

i made a set but appocco is busy atm
Unread 5 Apr 2015, 02:29   #4
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

need to run some bcalcs on it still
Unread 5 Apr 2015, 03:00   #5
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Well i could make another set.
Unread 5 Apr 2015, 11:58   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

urhg yeah. I was going to firstly actually force a group of people to look after stats, as I think I'm finding round after round I don't really have time to review them properly. stats/ race bonuses / gov bonuses etc.
Unread 5 Apr 2015, 15:57   #7
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Id be up for join ing such a group, dependant on the oter members.
Unread 5 Apr 2015, 19:38   #8
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Id be up for join ing such a group, dependant on the oter members.
I was under the impression that this group would be limited to humans.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2015, 20:52   #9
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

i´d like to be in that group aswell
and last i checked i was human

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2015, 06:20   #10
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Love the idea of giving a little part of the community the power decide the faith of the round for the rest.
Where do i apply?

Unread 6 Apr 2015, 09:01   #11
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Please Butcher no.

It's not that every set of stats I've seen you post, I haven't liked. But more the way you don't seem to respect or aren't open to accepting others opinions. Would make the whole process impossible for others.
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2015, 09:30   #12
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

I love the idea of having control over stats, wouldnt even have to bother with opinions of the rest then.

Unread 6 Apr 2015, 12:05   #13
XTC 69

XTC 69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why keep changing the stats so drastically every round. Can you not just find a decent set and use them as a start point and then just tweek things each round here and there.
Save having to keep referring to the stats page every 2 minutes because ship names,classes,targeting,init have all completely changed from before.

-----------------------
imarbles of Goodspliff
r2 - No Alliance
r3 -XPA / G-II
r4/5/6/7 - HC @ G-II
r8 - retired to lead a normal life and have a full nights sleep
-----------------------
XTC 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2015, 12:15   #14
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Id like them running for two rounds yes

Unread 6 Apr 2015, 12:36   #15
Blue_Esper

because stats are fun
Unread 6 Apr 2015, 13:29   #16
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice

new stats each round makes this game a little more funny.

i would like to join the statsteam.
Unread 6 Apr 2015, 20:10   #17
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Please, no committee.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2015, 20:32   #18
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

We allready made one. Me, Joseph and Nelito

Unread 6 Apr 2015, 20:50   #19
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

I propose we appoint a committee to determine whether or not we should have a committee!
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2015, 21:32   #20
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
I propose we appoint a committee to determine whether or not we should have a committee!
Seconded, let's simultaneously assign a committee that assigns member for the eventual stats committee tho, to prevent delays

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2015, 21:48   #21
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

I propose we use this rounds stats again next round, I'm having so much fun with them it should be illegal

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2015, 22:56   #22
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice

Lol
Nice stats then hehe

I dont want commite.

Just want to bring a set of stats and let ppl blame it.
Unread 7 Apr 2015, 05:45   #23
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

I dont mind running these stats one more round, but a few people said they are awful, so i doubt they will be rerunned

Unread 7 Apr 2015, 10:42   #24
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

well, ter and xan are doing pretty crap
Unread 7 Apr 2015, 11:01   #25
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
well, ter and xan are doing pretty crap
Its 35 ters and 35 xans in the top4 alliances.
Xan would normaly suffer with low reasearch output, and no FI.
The fact that very few opted for CR, and that a lot of the other xans actualy went for FI cov-opping means they would obviously come into play stronger later perhaps.

If i was to make these stats "better", id try look into nerphing FI and making CO stronger.
Im not sure what impact it would make if you just simply changed around the spider/beetle targetting?
beet t1 FI t2 CO, spider T1 CO/T2 FI(and perhaps looking at the inits being changed)

Unread 7 Apr 2015, 15:13   #26
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

I would be against Butcher being on an committee and wielding any powers. IMO he is so out of touch and has some crazy ideas and always thinks he is right. Doesnt take any criticism well and takes it as personal attacks. Plus he just keeps shouting the same thing over and over and over again till you want to blow your brains out and walk away.

I am not a big fan of some people but at least they contribute and are willing to change. With butcher that is not the case from my perspective. Please keep him away from any committee or power in any shape or form.

Thanks

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2015, 15:25   #27
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDrax View Post
I would be against Butcher being on an committee and wielding any powers. IMO he is so out of touch and has some crazy ideas and always thinks he is right. Doesnt take any criticism well and takes it as personal attacks. Plus he just keeps shouting the same thing over and over and over again till you want to blow your brains out and walk away.

I am not a big fan of some people but at least they contribute and are willing to change. With butcher that is not the case from my perspective. Please keep him away from any committee or power in any shape or form.

Thanks
Sorry but the commitee has been voted in allready.
Me and Nelito are in charge of it.
Its looking we land on a stats set wich includes cloacked xan FI pods.

Unread 7 Apr 2015, 20:53   #28
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Its 35 ters and 35 xans in the top4 alliances.
Xan would normaly suffer with low reasearch output, and no FI.
The fact that very few opted for CR, and that a lot of the other xans actualy went for FI cov-opping means they would obviously come into play stronger later perhaps.

If i was to make these stats "better", id try look into nerphing FI and making CO stronger.
Im not sure what impact it would make if you just simply changed around the spider/beetle targetting?
beet t1 FI t2 CO, spider T1 CO/T2 FI(and perhaps looking at the inits being changed)
Personally I haven't come across any xan fi fleets with cov opped pods (not to say that there are not a few out there but we have been hunting fi fleets)

I wouldn't see any problem with changing beetle targeting around but the spider is fine as is, both ships are out of pod class and target same classes so the spider is pretty much obsolete as the beetle has better init.
No matter how balanced a stats set is on paper they becomes unbalanced once ally's decide on their strategy

-Rommel
Unread 7 Apr 2015, 23:08   #29
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
Personally I haven't come across any xan fi fleets with cov opped pods (not to say that there are not a few out there but we have been hunting fi fleets)

I wouldn't see any problem with changing beetle targeting around but the spider is fine as is, both ships are out of pod class and target same classes so the spider is pretty much obsolete as the beetle has better init.
No matter how balanced a stats set is on paper they becomes unbalanced once ally's decide on their strategy
Rogues/Ultores are CO.
BF 50% FR and 50% DE.
P3ng/BowS/CT DE
FL what seems to be FI/CO/CR?

I think thats what makes these stats so interesting, variation

Unread 8 Apr 2015, 07:55   #30
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Rogues/Ultores are CO.
BF 50% FR and 50% DE.
P3ng/BowS/CT DE
FL what seems to be FI/CO/CR?

I think thats what makes these stats so interesting, variation
so if all those alliances went with those strategy's which alliance went xan fi cov opping fi pods

-Rommel
Unread 8 Apr 2015, 07:56   #31
Blue_Esper

and which alliances went ter covopping fi
Unread 8 Apr 2015, 11:14   #32
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

I vote for any stats committee that DOESN'T have Butcher in it or anywhere near it. This round stats are 85% complete had we had another week to work with them they'd be fine.
Unread 8 Apr 2015, 11:55   #33
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
I vote for any stats committee that DOESN'T have Butcher in it or anywhere near it. This round stats are 85% complete had we had another week to work with them they'd be fine.
No.
People like these stats because there were no time to work em in any other direction than those the statsmaker intended.