User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Feb 2005, 18:55   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Snooker] Whos going to win

O'Sullivan or Higgins, im rooting for O'Sullivan as hes a local lad, but its a damn interesting match and has been a good tournament so far, there was a young chinese kid 17, who looked amazing, anyway enjoy
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 01:23   #2
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: [Snooker] Whos going to win

i don't know anything about snooker (except the names of some the good players) and don't usually watch it, but i find myself strangly hooked on this game. My money's on Ronnie
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 01:33   #3
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ronnie won it 10-3, all I can say is hes the standard in snooker, an absolutely amazing player, can play with his left and right hands etc.
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 01:36   #4
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

you mean it's finished? bugger
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 01:38   #5
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
you mean it's finished? bugger
ye about 3 hours ago :P
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 10:05   #6
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Ronnie won it 10-3, all I can say is hes the standard in snooker, an absolutely amazing player, can play with his left and right hands etc.
Yep. Just a matter of how long he can keep himself interested as to how many world championship titles he wins for the rest of his career. It doesn't even look as though anyone can challenge him on an average day, let alone one of his best days (yesterday)!
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 11:28   #7
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Nobody, except Hendry a few years ago, has the same break building ability as O'Sullivan, its remarkable. If he gets 1 chance thats frame over where as most other players will make a 50 break than give you another chance. Now he's decided to play some excellent safety as well he is undefeatable when he wants to be.
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 13:28   #8
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN
Yep. Just a matter of how long he can keep himself interested as to how many world championship titles he wins for the rest of his career. It doesn't even look as though anyone can challenge him on an average day, let alone one of his best days (yesterday)!
i think the bit about him being interested is a bit off... firstly he could remain interested and lose his form. None of the 'great' snooker players (and it looks like ronnie officially is one of them now) who could beat everyone else when they played as well as they should managed to keep it up their whole career. I don't think its possible to predict when, but i highly doubt that Ronnie will remain number 1 "until he loses interest". Something will go wrong, or someone else will push their game up.

it doesn't look as if its going to happen for a while yet though

although, that 17 year old ding dude could very possibly be the next superhuman player, in a year or two.
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 13:30   #9
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
although, that 17 year old ding dude could very possibly be the next superhuman player, in a year or two.
I heard that china are really producing a lot of amazing players, my local snooker club in birmingham the past 12 months has seen an influx of chinese players, all of decenet quality, but the 17 yr old will be someone to watch indeed.
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 14:12   #10
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I heard that china are really producing a lot of amazing players, my local snooker club in birmingham the past 12 months has seen an influx of chinese players, all of decenet quality, but the 17 yr old will be someone to watch indeed.
ah, a local snooker club. I have dabbled with the game in the past, but come to the conclusion that i'm absolutely terrible at it which is quite a shame, as its about the only sport i like to watch on telly.

still, one day when im a multi millionarre with my own snooker room... aah, i might become average.
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 15:53   #11
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
ah, a local snooker club. I have dabbled with the game in the past, but come to the conclusion that i'm absolutely terrible at it which is quite a shame, as its about the only sport i like to watch on telly.

still, one day when im a multi millionarre with my own snooker room... aah, i might become average.
it sounds corny but its all about practice, I go to two snooker halls, the main one I go to is the century in birmingham, has about 40 tables, and you can buy a pint for £1.20, and a cheese and onion bap for 80p. Its a real smoky old fashioned place, with old men in, but the best place ive ever played at, nice and quiet etc.

But practice is it, I play when back in Birmingham 5 days out of 7 id say, and my game dramatically improved when I got my own cue, I got a half century once too. I play for fun though, and my best m8 and I play for £5 a game, normally the games end at like 5-4 or 5-5 so you dont really lose much money.

Snooker has helped me at uni though, in the first year i got quite a dab hand at hustling people for money in the college bars and could earn anything between 20-50 pounds on a friday and saturday night, unfortunately people now know not to play me.

I also won the pool leage (english that is) at my uni, but its a good sport to play, cant wait to go back home and play again.
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 15:56   #12
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

yeah, the thing is, ive played a fair amount of pool and im bloody awful at that too... I think im one of the worlds natural 'bad pool players', hence snooker also.

if only i could hustle people at street fighter, all would be well
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 16:01   #13
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm with you on this Deepflow.
I really enjoy playing both pool and snooker but no matter how often I play (and I was a member of a snooker club last year) I still remain fairly poor and continue to make the same mistakes, like always potting the god damn white, whatever shot I play.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 18:09   #14
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
it sounds corny but its all about practice, I go to two snooker halls, the main one I go to is the century in birmingham, has about 40 tables, and you can buy a pint for £1.20, and a cheese and onion bap for 80p. Its a real smoky old fashioned place, with old men in, but the best place ive ever played at, nice and quiet etc.

But practice is it, I play when back in Birmingham 5 days out of 7 id say, and my game dramatically improved when I got my own cue, I got a half century once too. I play for fun though, and my best m8 and I play for £5 a game, normally the games end at like 5-4 or 5-5 so you dont really lose much money.

Snooker has helped me at uni though, in the first year i got quite a dab hand at hustling people for money in the college bars and could earn anything between 20-50 pounds on a friday and saturday night, unfortunately people now know not to play me.

I also won the pool leage (english that is) at my uni, but its a good sport to play, cant wait to go back home and play again.
Ever tried the snooker club in Selly Oak? I've been thinking about trying it for a while now...
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 18:14   #15
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
Ever tried the snooker club in Selly Oak? I've been thinking about trying it for a while now...
nope, I just go to rileys in chinatown and century in walsall wood, I used to be a member at Break as well in kingstanding, but century is by far the best imo.

Ive heard its quite good