User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Jan 2005, 14:25   #101
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: R13 stats?

But Terrans could have attacked other terrans with a frigate attack. Mosquitos, Gryphons, Chimeras - and maybe even centaurs to kill some cruisers. In my opinion, cathaar were the strongest race.

Xandathrii - scorpions, tarantuals
Zikonian - black widows
Cathaar - scarabs

Pretty easy to stop three races, and with terrans, build some defenders to stop small planets raiding you, and hope that a galaxy mate will report incommings to your alliance.
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2005, 14:31   #102
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

r11 stats not r12 are being discussed between myself & gate.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2005, 20:59   #103
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
and what do you think causes that distribution?
Because of the narrowminded idiots that harped on about how overpowered and great Terran was before the beta (closed) was over, thus getting a lot of people to choose Terran. As the open beta was short the early headstart Terran got only added to this misgiving.

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2005, 21:21   #104
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

i think you read my post out of context zoof
Unread 15 Jan 2005, 21:29   #105
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Imo, the best basis of hoping how the uni will pan out is 30% Ter, 20% Cath, 30% Xand, 20% Zik, there will always be a decent number of terr/xand - simply due to the fact that they kill & that terran is the default race, regardless of the stats and the caths and ziks are usually the riskier players.
Unread 15 Jan 2005, 22:16   #106
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
i think you read my post out of context zoof
Not at all.

The post before yours claimed people chose their race depending on the race distribution. You asked him what he thought caused that distribution.

In r11 most players went Terran due to the reasons I stated above. Most clever players (myself included) then chose Xan as they were the best race to attack Terran with. Thus giving Xan players the best chance of success in r11.

Unread 15 Jan 2005, 22:26   #107
jerome

Haha, zo0f and clever in the same sentence, as if
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 08:02   #108
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
Haha, zo0f and clever in the same sentence, as if
Did I win? Or 'do a smdio' and make myself look like an idiot?

Unread 16 Jan 2005, 11:26   #109
jerome

you won but I was speaking in general terms;)