User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 Jun 2005, 15:46   #1
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Tattoo

I'd never hire someone with a tattoo. Is that wrong?

I look at the prison population, and it's pretty much 100% tattooamafied. And unless we are doing something really wrong (yes, we certainly are, but not that wrong) the prison population cross section should match up with the general criminal population in our society at large pretty well. Meaning, if someone is a criminal, they've probably got a tattoo.

Now, only a small fraction of my country's population has tattoos. So, in my thinking, this is an easy cut to make. I'm still left with 90% of the population from which to find qualified candidates, but I've removed ~99% of the criminals from the ranks of my candidates. How easy was that?

Now, it takes more than not being a crook to make a decent employee, and crooks can do a good job at things. However. I don't mind incompetence. If someone doesn't do all their work, or does a crappy job, or both, it's obvious right away and i can deal with it/hire someone else. If someone is a crook, it can be a real problem. Embezzling hundreds of thousands or stealing merchandise or even selling trade secrets to our competitors...these things you don't notice right away, and are far far more damaging than paying someone for a month who manages to get nothing done.

That's my thinking.

PS: yes those lower back tattoos on some chicks are hot. I'd probably still hire them.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 15:55   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Tattoo

On the application form, get candidates to declare that they have no previous criminal record. Lying here would of course be punishable as gross misconduct = instant sacking.

This way you don't need to choose between people on an arbitary basis like the choice whether or not to get a tattoo. And whatever happened to judging people's character in interviews?
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 15:55   #3
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

why not give someone from prison a chance?

edit: oh yes it is wrong to not give someone a job just because he wears a tatoo.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 16:08   #4
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I have a tattoo, though it's not in a visible place so you'd hire me anyway! muahahahahaha.
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 16:15   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I wouldn't want to work for you.

This is why I'm going to get a tattoo, eventually.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 16:20   #6
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I wouldn't want to work for you.

This is why I'm going to get a tattoo, eventually.
better get it on your face or i might miss it and accidentally hire you.

i'd recommend a swastika, tho i think you'd look cool with a hammer and sickle on your cheek
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 16:24   #7
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Tattoo

Depends on the job, I guess. I wouldn't put someone with a (visible) tattoo on the front desk (unless it's a motorcycle/auto parts store, in which case a tattoo is probably a plus).
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.

Last edited by Tactitus; 29 Jun 2005 at 16:44. Reason: Edited for content and to fit on your screen
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 16:30   #8
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

I wouldn't hire someone in Kappas and white trainers.
Tattoos don't bother me.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 16:48   #9
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I have 3 tattoos. If I turn up to an interview for a decent job, I'm wearing a suit and tie, and I will get the job, what are you going to do fire me the second you see me around the office in a short sleeve shirt? Cock.
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 17:23   #10
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
I have 3 tattoos. If I turn up to an interview for a decent job, I'm wearing a suit and tie, and I will get the job, what are you going to do fire me the second you see me around the office in a short sleeve shirt? Cock.
This is the kind of angry message that people stab each other over dude

Last edited by Tomkat; 29 Jun 2005 at 17:53.
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 17:53   #11
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I missed out a word.

fuk u
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 18:02   #12
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I missed out a word.

fuk u
i didn't understand your post, so i pointed out the issue. since you corrected it i've deleted that post.

next time maybe i'll just send a pm:/
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 23:16   #13
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Tattoos are a personal statement by the person having the tattoo. It depends on what the tattoo is or says and where it is located.

Swastikas, SS lightning bolts, FTW etc. on one'e forehead send a particular message. Not hiring this person is an advisable course of action. Not taking your wallet out of your pocket around this person is probably an advisable course of action. Not making eye contact with this person is probably a wise cours of action.

People who have tattoos of tear drops coming from the corner of their eyes are saying, I've been to prison. Depending on what you are hiring you would need to consider this message.

People who have tattoos in non-visible places are sending yet a different message. They seem to be saying that I have enough sense to realize that tattoos send a bad message to a lot of people and I am sensative to that.

People who have military tattoos are sending the message, "I occasionally get very, very drunk."

People who have tattoos of bunny rabbits on their ankle are probably not hardened criminals.

People who have tattoos on their genitalia are lunatics. If they offer to show you their tattoos, run.

We had a local murder victim who was found to have the words "your name" tattooed on his penis. He would go to bars and try to pick up women by telling them, "I have your name tattooed on my dick." He was not murdered for this reason though he probably should have been.
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 23:53   #14
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
We had a local murder victim who was found to have the words "your name" tattooed on his penis. He would go to bars and try to pick up women by telling them, "I have your name tattooed on my dick." He was not murdered for this reason though he probably should have been.
Doesn't Steve-o from Jackass have this but on his ass.*

* I say ass, not arse here because I'm sure that's how he would refer to it.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 01:55   #15
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
i didn't understand your post, so i pointed out the issue. since you corrected it i've deleted that post.

next time maybe i'll just send a pm:/
Maybe next time you'll shut up and re-read the post, and understand that busy busy people like myself don't have time to fit every word into a sentence, just for the benefit of retards like you who can't work out what the missing word might be.
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 02:26   #16
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids

Nah, I'll just call your neighbour.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 05:30   #17
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm.. I don't see a problem with it. Infact ideally I think you should hire tatooed people and put them in the PR or customer service dept. Might make them think twice about complaining in the first place
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 08:53   #18
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

What exactly were you expecting to get from this thread? Waiting for someone to say it's ok to live by one's prejudiced stereotypes?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 13:40   #19
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Maybe next time you'll shut up and re-read the post, and understand that busy busy people like myself don't have time to fit every word into a sentence, just for the benefit of retards like you who can't work out what the missing word might be.
To be fair to him I read it a few times and thought I knew what you meant but there were a few different words that could have been entered to make it make sense in different ways.
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 16:32   #20
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
What exactly were you expecting to get from this thread? Waiting for someone to say it's ok to live by one's prejudiced stereotypes?
i was hoping for a job offer to run a major human resources department, but i guess no-one here owns a major corporation
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 16:38   #21
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

on semi related sidenote, one of my mates has had assault charge since he was 18 and he has lied on every job application form hes had since then about his conviction. He now earns £24k a year and is being groomed for management. So thats 6 years hes lied and say maybe hes had 2-3 serious jobs and 4 or so nightclubs jobs and theyve never caught up with him yet. Oh and to the original poster, he has a tatoo as well!
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 16:41   #22
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
on semi related sidenote, one of my mates has had assault charge since he was 18 and he has lied on every job application form hes had since then about his conviction. He now earns £24k a year and is being groomed for management. So thats 6 years hes lied and say maybe hes had 2-3 serious jobs and 4 or so nightclubs jobs and theyve never caught up with him yet. Oh and to the original poster, he has a tatoo as well!
Just hope that he never applies for a job where they do a criminal record check.
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 16:50   #23
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Swastikas, SS lightning bolts, FTW etc. on one'e forehead send a particular message.
Free The Whales?
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 16:52   #24
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Just hope that he never applies for a job where they do a criminal record check.

Thats my point hes worked for 2 large companies previous
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 16:56   #25
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
Thats my point hes worked for 2 large companies previous
It's about the type of job though, not the company.

For example, bouncers and people working in the legal system (e.g. for the Crown Prosecution Service) have to undergo checks. However, someone working in a factory, for example, probably wouldn't be checked on.
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 17:15   #26
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I'd never hire someone with a tattoo. Is that wrong?
no.

just imprudent and silly
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 17:24   #27
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

IU'd never hire acropolis because he's a racist and a snob and a shit and he#'s prkibably going to end up raping a woman.

Is that wrong?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 17:29   #28
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
To be fair to him I read it a few times and thought I knew what you meant but there were a few different words that could have been entered to make it make sense in different ways.
That was a pretty angry message I wrote
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 17:34   #29
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Tattoos are crap.
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 17:35   #30
Artuaistic
Artu

Artuaistic is infamous around these partsArtuaistic is infamous around these parts

i have 2 tattoos and tho my work requires i wear shirt and tie, thry are still visable tho the shirts (quite large tattoos), and clientel always seem 2 like the tattoos. neva been 2 prison and dun have a crim record. so not all ppl with tattoos, are embezlorsz and what not 2 do with the crime side of the world.

would ya hire me then?

not that i really care but this has aroused me curiosity.

P.S i have a thing 4 tattoos, so mayb this a biased post :P
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 17:48   #31
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
IU'd never hire acropolis because he's a racist and a snob and a shit and he#'s prkibably going to end up raping a woman.

Is that wrong?
are you drunk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artuaistic
i have 2 tattoos and tho my work requires i wear shirt and tie, thry are still visable tho the shirts (quite large tattoos), and clientel always seem 2 like the tattoos. neva been 2 prison and dun have a crim record. so not all ppl with tattoos, are embezlorsz and what not 2 do with the crime side of the world.

would ya hire me then?

not that i really care but this has aroused me curiosity.

P.S i have a thing 4 tattoos, so mayb this a biased post :P
no, i couldn't. and it's the unfortunate part of the whole thing; plenty of people with tattoos aren't criminals at all.

but it's kind of like with cancer: you've got to take out some good tissue too if you want to be sure you've gotten rid of all the bad.

tho i'm surprised. do you seriously never even smoke weed?
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 17:49   #32
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i'VE BEENM TOP tynemouth so I'm obviously not drunk. Hhow dare you.
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 17:50   #33
Emperor Rozenski
Generic funny comment.

Emperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to all

I don't personally see why anybody would want to scar their skin for life but hey, each to their own. My brother has a small tattoo on his arm, not a message one just an artistic design, and he is certainly not a criminal.

Wouldn't a CRB check be an easier way to identify criminals, or were you trying to communicate that you believe anyone with a tattoo has a certain character that would be attracted to wrongdoings for profit should the opportunity arise?

Edit: OK, so what about this post deserves a neg rep? Have the balls to own up who you are, this 1 man campaign of neg repping me for absolutly nothing is getting old. You have a problem with me, PM me and tell me what your beef is like a real man, or piss off like the coward you are.

Kick the Baby! - did we rock your world?

Last edited by Emperor Rozenski; 30 Jun 2005 at 18:07.
Emperor Rozenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 17:58   #34
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
That was a pretty angry message I wrote

Were you drunk?
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 17:58   #35
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Rozenski
I don't personally see why anybody would want to scar their skin for life but hey, each to their own. My brother has a small tattoo on his arm, not a message one just an artistic design, and he is certainly not a criminal.

Wouldn't a CRB check be an easier way to identify criminals, or were you trying to communicate that you believe anyone with a tattoo has a certain character that would be attracted to wrongdoings for profit should the opportunity arise?
CRB checks aren't free.

and not every crook gets caught.

but to your question,
I'm saying nothing whatsoever that should be interpreted as a detraction to the tattoo wearing population. I'm making a generalization about criminals, and crooks have every right to say that I'm being prejudiced against them and stereotyping them as tattoo-wearers.
1. I don't want to hire crooks
2. Crooks have tattoos

from those two statements, not hiring tattoo wearers seems obvious.
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 18:00   #36
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Would acropolis hire a Jew? Or would he be too frightened he might poision his well, steal all the money out of the register, and rape all the women customers?
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 18:01   #37
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
Free The Whales?
This would indicate that you were probably an ecco-terrorist and would sabatoge the entire organization by disabling all of the staplers.
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 18:03   #38
Artuaistic
Artu

Artuaistic is infamous around these partsArtuaistic is infamous around these parts

Quote:
are you drunk?

tho i'm surprised. do you seriously never even smoke weed?
lol nope. never have. dun wanna really. is that wrong?

Unread 30 Jun 2005, 18:04   #39
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Would acropolis hire a Jew? Or would he be too frightened he might poision his well, steal all the money out of the register, and rape all the women customers?
why do you keep bringing race into every topic where i say i want to discriminate against a minority?

Anyway, I'd hire Jews. They are actually underrepresented in the prison system.
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 18:08   #40
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
1. I don't want to hire crooks
2. Crooks have tattoos

from those two statements, not hiring tattoo wearers seems obvious.
there are other conclusions

i'm coming to one right now ...
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 18:31   #41
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

What line of work are you in?

I would hazard a guess that most white collar criminals (fraudsters, hackers, etc.) do not have tatoos.

Putting that to one side, your entire post is quite absurd anyway.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 18:35   #42
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
why do you keep bringing race into every topic where i say i want to discriminate against a minority?

Anyway, I'd hire Jews. They are actually underrepresented in the prison system.
You obviously couln't hire old Jews who had been in concentration camps because they are all tatooed.
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 18:51   #43
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
You obviously couln't hire old Jews who had been in concentration camps because they are all tatooed.
The fact that I'll miss out on the chance to hire literally dozens of hundred year old yiddish speakers does indeed make me worry about the fate of my hypothetical corporation
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 18:59   #44
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
ecco-terrorist
i laughed
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 23:29   #45
Tomkat

I think someone should draw acropolis a Venn Diagram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew

Were you drunk?
Yes. I was at home with this nice girl from Jordan. She's foreign, don't you know? I'm taking over Ste's niche in GD in his absence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
i laughed
Wasn't Ecco some old computer game with a dolphin?
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 23:30   #46
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Wasn't Ecco some old computer game with a dolphin?
that's why i laughed.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 23:36   #47
dda
USS Oklahoma

We had an intern here a few years ago who had a tatoo of a dolphin on her lower back.
We didn't hire her.
Actually she didn't want to work for us and got a better job.
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 23:44   #48
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

I have a beard. It's quite a hinderance in interviews because i look like a hippy (long hair as well), and nobody likes hippies.
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 23:52   #49
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i have 4 tatoos and im not nasty
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 00:41   #50
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
I have a beard. It's quite a hinderance in interviews because i look like a hippy (long hair as well), and nobody likes hippies.
Probably because we all suspect that under all of that hair there is probably a tatoo.