User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Feb 2005, 08:21   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Junk mail (snail mail, not email)

For some reason I've not figured out, I ended up on some crap junk mailing list a while ago.
The people behind it are called Crossit Target Marketing. When I initially tracked them down I phoned them and explained nicely that I would appreciate being taken off the list post-haste.
However, a few weeks later their stuff started coming through again, so I phoned up again and explained a little less nicely (including threatening to forward all their stuff back to them).
Once again it stopped...

...until yesterday.
When two arrived at once.
I have 3 options, which should I do?
a) Cross out my address, write "Not at this address" on the envelope and post it.
b) Cross out my address, write their manager's office address on it and post it.
c) As b), but cross out the postage paid mark so that they get made to pay for it too.

I'll phone them AGAIN tonight of course but maybe this will get through to them a bit easier.
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 09:36   #2
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Junk mail (snail mail, not email)

I recall a case of a guy recieving excessive junk mail through his letter box (the physical type not email), he decided to add a sign to his letter box stating that all junk mail recieved would be charged a handling fee, then proceeded to mail invoices to every company he recieved one from, maybe you could do something simular.
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 10:13   #3
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

That is brilliant
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 11:49   #4
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light

Mail preferencing system?

B sounds good, in addition to what djbass said.
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 12:02   #5
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

I know one guy who would get lead (god knows where from) and whenever he got something with a reply paid envelope in it would put in a thin sheet of lead and send it back. The postage paid part just means the company get invoiced for it all in bulk. One very heavy letter in there costs them quitea lot of money.

He mentioned he got a call back from one company he did this to, complaining at him! Simply told them they shouldnthave sent him unrequested junk mail!
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 12:19   #6
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold

Send them pieces of pork!!!!

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 12:49   #7
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *donkie*
Mail preferencing system?
I knew there was a telephone preference system but not a mail preference system - thanks! I'm already on the TPS, I just registered for the MPS now.
Let's hope that stops them.

Ebany, that sounds like a fun idea.
I do happen to have about 2m/sq of old 1mm sheet steel in the garage that I have no use for, so I may yet resort to that!
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 13:06   #8
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

There's a quote on bash.org (which I can't access in work, cause the bastards blocked it) where a guy has a simlar problem to you.
He gets coupons from some companies and credit card applications from others.
After requesting to be taken off their lists, he's still getting them.

So he takes the coupons and places them in the return envelopes of the credit cards and posts them off.

He get's a call from the credit card company asking him not to send them the coupons anymore. He says he was just trying to save them money.

He still gets the forms so then he decides to include 3 pence with each envelope. Just to bump the weight up and make them pay more.

They company calls him again and asks him why he's including the coupons and money after they requested he stops sending them.
He asks why they are still sending him forms when he requested they stop sending them. He gets angry and demands his money back.

Soon he get's a check in the post for 13 pence (or something like that)and no more junk. Ace!
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 14:09   #9
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

On a slightly different note, I once got a penalty fare on the trains for going to a zone 6 station when I only had a zone 5 ticket. I genuinely thought I was staying within my ticket limit and my thinking was reinforced when a ticket inspector got on the last station is discovered was in zone 5 and checked my ticket while on the train between zone 5 and 6!

Anyway, the inspector was a bit narky and refused to let me pay the difference, he insisted on the £10 penalty fare (even though my train ticket cost be £130 a month he still insisted on treating me as a criminal). I didnt have the full £10 so gave £5 and was told to appeal or send the rest in the post.

After a few mail exchances while trying to get myself let off, it became apparent that they was not going to back down, so I had to pay. So, I decided to write them the cheque for £5 but I wasnt going to let them get off lightly.

That night I got some cooked mince and discolured fatty waste from cooking that was a day or two old and flicked it over the cheque taking care not to obscure any of the important information. I placed the cheque into the return envelope along with a brief letter explaining that this was my last cheque and unfortunately my cat was sick all over it. Since it was still valid I also explained I would not be writing another and if they wanted the money they had to cash this one.

It never got cashed!
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 16:04   #10
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Thats brilliant CrashTester. You got me thinking now, I work in a lab where we have some extremely noxious, smelly chemicals. Could smear some on a cheque I guess. When you handle the cheque the smell is transfered to the fingers, and does n`t go away for days.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 16:11   #11
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyirt
Thats brilliant CrashTester. You got me thinking now, I work in a lab where we have some extremely noxious, smelly chemicals. Could smear some on a cheque I guess. When you handle the cheque the smell is transfered to the fingers, and does n`t go away for days.
Heh, you just reminded me of an experience back in the days of chem-class. We were handling some sort of clear chemical, buggered if I can recall the name anymore but on contact it had the effect of turning your skin brown for a few days.
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 16:13   #12
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
Heh, you just reminded me of an experience back in the days of chem-class. We were handling some sort of clear chemical, buggered if I can recall the name anymore but on contact it had the effect of turning your skin brown for a few days.
Nono

they call that ´shit´ in popular language
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 16:14   #13
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

was that "tanned brown" or like "really really icky brown"? the first sounds like fun, the second however... nasty, but fun if you feel like kicking someone's shoe around for a bit
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 16:15   #14
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
are u thinking of Iodine?? it turns ur skin a yellowy brown but i dont recall it being clear??

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 16:23   #15
Another Slayer
Jungle King

Another Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
are u thinking of Iodine?? it turns ur skin a yellowy brown but i dont recall it being clear??

pretty sure hes talking about silver nitrate

its clear and causes your skin to turn grey/black on prelonged contact. we used it a few times back in GCSE

but I could be wrong
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 16:26   #16
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Slayer

its clear and causes your skin to turn grey/black on prelonged contact. we used it a few times back in GCSE

but I could be wrong
bleh god knows...am no scientist will google it tho

Unread 17 Feb 2005, 16:27   #17
Mek
InSomniac

http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/silver.htm

ur right about silver nitrate...

Unread 17 Feb 2005, 16:28   #18
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Slayer

but I could be wrong
A bit of searching would seem to suggest that's what it was, and the name sounds familier also.
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 18:31   #19
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

i would just cross out your address and write 'return to sender' and leave it in the mailbox for the posty to take away

i've lived in this house for almost a year and we still get mail from teh guys who lived here previously. we just leave their mail in the mailbox and the postman takes them away the next day.