User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Feb 2004, 12:35   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Shock Deffeh thread] Something that restores my faith in humanity and warms my heart

At my uni, Monday nights are pound any drink, tuesdays and thursdays are pound selected bottles and pints (but actually good ones, jack daniels strongbow etc so theres no difference unless your a wkd drinking faggot), fridays are the same but with an entry fee and they open later. Wednesdays are reserved for going to the sports bar and swearing at the TV. Sunday nights are pub quizes, Saturday nights theres shit all on.

Either way, what just warms my cold cold cold heart

There's this blind guy on Campus. Theres probably more than one, but one of them is very noticeable. Ive never talked to him but ive seen him quite a lot. But the great thing is, Every monday, tuesday, thursday, and friday, its pretty much a ****ing GUARENTEE that he'll be at pound a pint, getting drunk.
I think thats brilliant, that alcoholism and student cheapery can transcend being unable to see.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 12:43   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Shock Deffeh thread] Something that restores my faith in humanity and warms my heart

I don't see what the big deal is

ps.

That really was a hattori hanzo sword.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 12:45   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Shock Deffeh thread] Something that restores my faith in humanity and warms my heart

It just pleases me that even though its a ****ing bitch for him to stumble there (never mind stumble back) to pound a pint, he still manages to come on the exact nights when its £1 a drink to get wankered.

Unread 23 Feb 2004, 12:55   #4
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I wonder if he gets beer goggles when he's pissed
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 13:19   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
It just pleases me that even though its a ****ing bitch for him to stumble there (never mind stumble back) to pound a pint, he still manages to come on the exact nights when its £1 a drink to get wankered.
It's something that always annoys me when people say 'Well done' or similar when people with a disability do something that is totally irrelevent to their disability. Things like composing if you're blind, or programming if you're unable to walk. It's the most patronising attitude, ironically one that is generally taken by the 'Equal rights' lobbies, which can only arise from the default position that the disabled are lesser people. In my opinion, that is something totally worthless, something despicable. Whilst it is true that some things will be more difficult (in your example, it must be a nightmare if your balance is shot and there's nothing to calibrate from) it's not a reason to get all overjoyed because one man wants to go drinking (again, the assumption that they are lesser people, that they need to 'step up' to get to 'our level'). You don't see people congratulated (in a similar way) on doing a reasonable job despite the fact that they're grade A morons do you? The same groups are usually responsible for the godawful political correctness vibe. For god's sake, they're NOT LESSER PEOPLE, you don't have to MAKE OPINIONS FOR THEM.
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 14:09   #6
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i think if i was blind i probably wouldnt get drunk. Id take smack or something.

One of my friends at uni is severely disabled though, he goes out with us a lot in his wheelchair and we do mention it sometimes. Luckily he has a good sense of humour and we always end up joking about it. 'ciaran is holding us up cos hes ****ing disabled' is a fairly regular thing. Also we exploit him to get into clubs etc and get people to give us the lift up to places.

actually, that doesnt make it sound like we are friends at all. hmm, we are, i promise! its just his way of dealing with things.
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 14:20   #7
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
It's something that always annoys me when people say 'Well done' or similar when people with a disability do something that is totally irrelevent to their disability. Things like composing if you're blind, or programming if you're unable to walk. It's the most patronising attitude, ironically one that is generally taken by the 'Equal rights' lobbies, which can only arise from the default position that the disabled are lesser people. In my opinion, that is something totally worthless, something despicable. Whilst it is true that some things will be more difficult (in your example, it must be a nightmare if your balance is shot and there's nothing to calibrate from) it's not a reason to get all overjoyed because one man wants to go drinking (again, the assumption that they are lesser people, that they need to 'step up' to get to 'our level'). You don't see people congratulated (in a similar way) on doing a reasonable job despite the fact that they're grade A morons do you? The same groups are usually responsible for the godawful political correctness vibe. For god's sake, they're NOT LESSER PEOPLE, you don't have to MAKE OPINIONS FOR THEM.
typical response. You presume im making opinions for him, you presume i see him as lesser, you presume i see him as on a "different level".
People arent equal, people arent the same. Of course its different going out to drink if your blind or disabled or whatever.

And despite what you might want to rant about, there is nothing patronising about saluting someones fight against adversity

Unread 23 Feb 2004, 14:26   #8
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

It warms my heart that someone like Deffeh manages to get out to the pound a pint night.

You know, cos he's special.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 14:27   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

ITT people are cold hearted, cynical, and destroy my faith in humanity again.

Unread 23 Feb 2004, 14:30   #10
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

thats your fault than.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 15:12   #11
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

*Wot Jakiri said*

If they guy had a morbid fear of barmen pissing in his beer, then it would be worth mentioning...
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 15:14   #12
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

there are no words to express my emotional turmoil I felt in after reading this
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 15:16   #13
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

I dont see what the problem is. The guy does something that isnt easy to do for a blind person, and he does it because he wants to. I think its admirable that he does it despite the difficulties. I'm not hailing him for "a quest to lead a normal life and being like all the normal people with eyesight" or any such shit. I just think its fantastic that he's not letting anything affect him having a good time.

Unread 23 Feb 2004, 15:19   #14
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I once knew a blind girl who was really hot. I always wondered how she did her make-up so well.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 15:22   #15
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

I had a hot friend back home who was slowly going blind.
Clare, was her name.
Should be in her 1st or 2nd year now.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 17:27   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
i think if i was blind i probably wouldnt get drunk. Id take smack or something.
Or masturbate constantly. 'Watch out, you'll go blind' isn't much of a threat any more.
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 18:29   #17
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Or masturbate constantly. 'Watch out, you'll go blind' isn't much of a threat any more.
I LOL'd
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 18:33   #18
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

in this thread, deffeh realises we are all utter ****s.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 18:34   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Or masturbate constantly.
So basically it'd have very little impact on the average GD'ers lifestyle?
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 18:36   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I was waiting for someone to say something along those lines
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 20:44   #21
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
I would have a DEVESTATING effect on a normal GD'ers lifestyle. They couldnt look at porn anymore,they couldnt read MrL's posts and call him names for expressing stupid opinons.

The only bonus I could see for a GD'er was they wouldnt have to look at MM's fking avatar anymore.
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 20:50   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
they couldnt read MrL's posts and call him names for expressing stupid opinons.
You, sir, are a ninnyhammer!

ps.

That's not the joke you buffoon.
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 20:59   #23
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
I dont see what the problem is. The guy does something that isnt easy to do for a blind person, and he does it because he wants to. I think its admirable that he does it despite the difficulties. I'm not hailing him for "a quest to lead a normal life and being like all the normal people with eyesight" or any such shit. I just think its fantastic that he's not letting anything affect him having a good time.
Why is it something that isnt easy for him to do though? Sure, maybe the first few times he had to either ask someone to lead him/direct him/wander round for hours following his nose to the booze, but I would imagine that after years of not being able to see you would develop a pretty good memory for places youve been. If he goes there most nights to get pissed then I'd guess he pretty likely knows his way there by now. As for getting back...well....if you're doing that well you wouldn't be able to see much more than him anyway, so he isnt at a disadvantage anyway. Again, one would assume he is used to navigating pissed if he does it that often. If he just sits at the bar then he doesnt even have to move once he is there, otherwise I wouldnt think its any huge amount different to trying to navigate any busy area. You end up bumping into a few people, but at least he has a better reason than just being plastered.

I dont see why being blind should make it an achievement for him to go out and get drunk. Which is, I think, Marks point in the first place.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 20:59   #24
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
You, sir, are a ninnyhammer!

ps.

That's not the joke you buffoon.
Clearly your gf got you "the pussywillows guide to insults" for christmas.
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 22:03   #25
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

blind people are people too

ps GIMME YOUR OTHER ARM!
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 22:27   #26
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
I would have a DEVESTATING effect on a normal GD'ers lifestyle. They couldnt look at porn anymore,they couldnt read MrL's posts and call him names for expressing stupid opinons.

The only bonus I could see for a GD'er was they wouldnt have to look at MM's fking avatar anymore.
yeah they could, they would just have to buy the relevant software (dolphin softwares supernove if anyone is interested) so that the computer would tell them what was on the screen
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 22:28   #27
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
yeah they could, they would just have to buy the relevant software (dolphin softwares supernove if anyone is interested) so that the computer would tell them what was on the screen
and as for MM's avatar, it could be given some form of tagging that means that a booming voice declares "OLIVER LETWIN SMILES, POSSESSED OF A GREAT DEAL OF CLUE"
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 22:39   #28
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Windows comes built-in with a narrator thing, although most blind people use specialist software.
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 22:50   #29
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts

wtf? No-one's yet made any joke along the lines of "blind drunk"! Or are you all above that simple humour?
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 23:30   #30
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

I don't see Deffehs attitude as bad/patronising. He's not saying 'I thought blind people couldn't get pissed'. It's more of a smack in the face to those who may have thought that being blind should inhibit ones life in such a way. Perhaps he has just been reminded himself that a disability doesn't mean you are unable to do EVERYTHING. I think Deffehs point is that some people might let a disability rule their life, whereas this guy is saying screw you bitch.

I remember when I was in Stirling I was drinking down in Maisies one night with my two flatmates, and it was the (I actually can't remember the correct name for it) handicapped students association night out. Several of them were mentally handicapped. My flatmates felt ackward and didn't want to be there. At one point one of the guys came over to us and asked how we were and started up a conversation. I said we were fine, how was he, etc etc. My flatmates smiled politely and as soon as he left suggested we went to a different bar because they felt uncomfortable. To me that is an untolerable attitude. To me all Deffeh is saying is that sometimes we forget that being different may not necessarily be a bad thing.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 23:31   #31
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Windows comes built-in with a narrator thing, although most blind people use specialist software.
yes, as i sad, supernova by a company called dolphin is quite well used.
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 00:08   #32
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

I cannot believe people have suggested that blind people use natarions software to 'look' at porn.Kinda defeating the purpose aint it?Plus you hardly want "A hot naked woman spreads" said in that Microsoft Sam voice...you'd never get a boner again.

:P
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 01:22   #33
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
I don't see Deffehs attitude as bad/patronising. . I think Deffehs point is that some people might let a disability rule their life, whereas this guy is saying screw you bitch..
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
To me all Deffeh is saying is that sometimes we forget that being different may not necessarily be a bad thing.
No

But thankyou for someone arguing my point because im far, far too drunk to do it mself

Unread 24 Feb 2004, 01:50   #34
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

Quote:

It's like a shite yahwe let loose on the boards.
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 01:56   #35
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I've been drunk with a blind guy a few times. He's really , but he always drop the last beer on the ground for some reason
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 02:11   #36
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

While in uni there was a guy in our class confined to a wheelchair. He was ace. He got pissed just like everyone else. Initally you have feelings like...good for him..well done...overcoming adversity. But he doesnt want that.He's just a guy and wants to be treated as such.

He could be a right cnut too...and people who knew him weren't afriad to argue with him but others passing by or who didnt know the group were getting angry at everyone but him.
Idiots.Just cause he is in a wheelchair doesnt mean he cant be an obnoxious bastard etc.

Anyway,I'd just find it ace that a blind guy would manage to get to the £1 a pint night at first but Im sure it would then just be routine.
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 02:15   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBOY
It's like a shite yahwe let loose on the boards.
Hate leads to the dark side.