User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 20 Oct 2009, 15:07   #1
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
How exactly are new multihunters picked?

It has come to my attention that remy's retirement from the multihunting team has led to new members joining. These members are butter and judge apparently. Now I have no problem with butter, don't even know the guy to be honest! Judge on the other hand happened to call someone a "turd eating lith piece of trash" ingame towards the end of last round. This is the guy we're expected to respect as a fair and impartial adjudicator of what breaks the rules as regards abuse and/or racism? I mean, I'm perfectly aware that the multihunting team is actually just a collection of a few guys with enough time on their hands to attempt to eviscerate all the fun out of a game played by a thousand people online but surely this is taking it too far? I mean, can we at least wait a round or two to appoint judge as a multihunter? Maybe until he manages to avoid abusing someone based on their ethnicity ingame for a few months? Just a suggestion!
Unread 20 Oct 2009, 15:08   #2
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: How exactly are new multihunters picked?

You're a turd eating lith piece of a trash.
Unread 20 Oct 2009, 15:11   #3
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

butter is a girl FYI!
Unread 20 Oct 2009, 15:12   #4
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
It has come to my attention that remy's retirement from the multihunting team has led to new members joining. These members are butter and judge apparently. Now I have no problem with butter, don't even know the guy to be honest! Judge on the other hand happened to call someone a "turd eating lith piece of trash" ingame towards the end of last round. This is the guy we're expected to respect as a fair and impartial adjudicator of what breaks the rules as regards abuse and/or racism? I mean, I'm perfectly aware that the multihunting team is actually just a collection of a few guys with enough time on their hands to attempt to eviscerate all the fun out of a game played by a thousand people online but surely this is taking it too far? I mean, can we at least wait a round or two to appoint judge as a multihunter? Maybe until he manages to avoid abusing someone based on their ethnicity ingame for a few months? Just a suggestion!
Game over man, game over. The ND take over of multihunters continues unabated by the racial slurs and general uselessness of them
Unread 20 Oct 2009, 15:19   #5
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
It has come to my attention that remy's retirement from the multihunting team has led to new members joining. These members are butter and judge apparently.
Small correction: my resignation did't lead to them being added. Me and Ace recruited them, and then i could safely go away, without being afraid of the MH staff being undermanned.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Unread 20 Oct 2009, 15:29   #6
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

"Undermanned" as in size or quality?

Because I don't know either of the two guys, but if what JBG said is right, then you should have been more careful in the process. And god forbid we get a load of bad multihunters.

Last edited by ricoshay; 20 Oct 2009 at 15:35.
Unread 20 Oct 2009, 15:35   #7
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

fyi butter is the new fiery. only older, even less fit and wanting to be a 'mother figure'.
Also she has always been Elysium.
Unread 20 Oct 2009, 15:47   #8
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Just another example of how neutral he is.

#[16:46:40] <Tekno> like mrs and mr smith
#[16:46:51] <+Judge> if you really care about your planet, then i suggest you stop associating with people like CarDi
#[16:47:03] <+Judge> he is nothing but trouble

Well jeez, that's about as neutral as Hitler was in WW2.
Also if there is just 1 mh leaving, why are 2 needed to replace him. Do as suggested by JBG. add 1 now, Judge a few rounds later when he learned not to have hard feelings towards ppl playing this game.
Unread 20 Oct 2009, 16:04   #9
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
Game over man, game over. The ND take over of multihunters continues unabated by the racial slurs and general uselessness of them
FYI
I was in ND for 1 round, and to my knowledge butter never has been.

But don't let the truth get in the way of a good story eh ?
Unread 20 Oct 2009, 16:08   #10
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
FYI
I was in ND for 1 round, and to my knowledge butter never has been.

But don't let the truth get in the way of a good story eh ?
Too right.
Unread 20 Oct 2009, 16:18   #11
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

If procedures haven't changed since the few days I left, any new Multihunter-to-be is trainee/trialist/powerless for at least one full round.

If any of the new MH's don't succeed, i'm sure they will be kindly removed from their position.
Unread 20 Oct 2009, 16:19   #12
Juice
The liquid crusader

Juice is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
If procedures haven't changed since the few days I left, any new Multihunter-to-be is trainee/trialist/powerless for at least one full round.

If any of the new MH's don't succeed, i'm sure they will be kindly removed from their position.
Just like me
Unread 20 Oct 2009, 16:24   #13
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

You just left :P
Unread 20 Oct 2009, 18:14   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Small correction: my resignation did't lead to them being added. Me and Ace recruited them, and then i could safely go away, without being afraid of the MH staff being undermanned.
Different process, same outcome. You were perhaps(?) less than objective in your recruitment standards in order to be able to retire. It's perfectly natural, I'd experience the same issue.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 21 Oct 2009, 08:07   #15
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Different process, same outcome. You were perhaps(?) less than objective in your recruitment standards in order to be able to retire. It's perfectly natural, I'd experience the same issue.
To be honest other issues, related to my Real Life (yes, it exists!), were the reason for my quitting MH.
Unread 21 Oct 2009, 09:06   #16
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

So can i call my fleet 1 "turd eating lith piece of trash" without fear of being warned/closed in r34 ? Can I replace "lith" by "paki" for my fleet 2 and use "jew" for my fleet 3 ?
Unread 21 Oct 2009, 10:39   #17
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
So can i call my fleet 1 "turd eating lith piece of trash" without fear of being warned/closed in r34 ? Can I replace "lith" by "paki" for my fleet 2 and use "jew" for my fleet 3 ?
Fleet 1 will be allowed since Judge hates cardi and prolly liths in general. Fleet 2 ain't allowed ofc. Fleet 3 should be allowed since its a total must to make fun of them. NOT because they are bad people... but because... no wait they are bad ;D
Unread 21 Oct 2009, 11:03   #18
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
This is completely true, ND is in full control of the multihunters, not to mention PA team.

Proud to be Newdawn
Unread 21 Oct 2009, 13:14   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like how despite the fact judge has responded on this thread to a completely irrelevant point and the multihunters have all read it nobody has managed to actually say anything meaningful in relation to the initial point
Unread 21 Oct 2009, 14:09   #20
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Quote:
I like how despite the fact judge has responded on this thread to a completely irrelevant point and the multihunters have all read it nobody has managed to actually say anything meaningful in relation to the initial point
Which is true for most threads on this useless forum
Unread 21 Oct 2009, 16:04   #21
Cain
Awesome

Quote:
Most threads don't involve a usefull question related to the MH team.
Unread 21 Oct 2009, 16:19   #22
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
That's the spirit. Let's talk about PD, the general problems forums in declining internet communities are subject to and the specific problems relating to forums in declining internet communities which never receive any input from those in charge. That way maybe people will forget what we were talking about!
Unread 21 Oct 2009, 17:49   #23
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

I believe Judge is one of those people that lurk in #support all the time – which is fairly easy to join up to and seems a natural recruiting ground for the MH team. Yes, Judge is a passionate guy and appears to be slightly biased against Cardi's Lithuanian group - however they do have a track record of misdemeanours against the rules of PA so maybe this stance is only natural for those enforcing the rules so commonly broken. While I find Judge hard on a personal level to get on with - I have no doubts as to his integrity and having been a part of the #support group seems a natural choice.

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
Unread 21 Oct 2009, 23:22   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeyLove View Post
I believe Judge is one of those people that lurk in #support all the time – which is fairly easy to join up to and seems a natural recruiting ground for the MH team. Yes, Judge is a passionate guy and appears to be slightly biased against Cardi's Lithuanian group - however they do have a track record of misdemeanours against the rules of PA so maybe this stance is only natural for those enforcing the rules so commonly broken. While I find Judge hard on a personal level to get on with - I have no doubts as to his integrity and having been a part of the #support group seems a natural choice.
Nobody questioned his integrity or anything of that sort. Thomas Jefferson was no doubt a man of integrity but he was still a racist and I wouldn't want him enforcing regulations today concerning what abuse or discrimination consist of.
Unread 22 Oct 2009, 17:51   #25
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz View Post
This is completely true, ND is in full control of the multihunters, not to mention PA team.
I was wondering how you changed my p/r name to SteInMetz of New-Dawn. My signup name is no match for your admin tools!
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
Unread 23 Oct 2009, 13:26   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

I'd even appreciate a "we don't view this as a problem" or even a "we think you're making this up" rather than just ignoring the problem and hoping desperately it'll go away.
Unread 26 Oct 2009, 16:01   #27
Cain
Awesome

Did you actually expect any from of feedback?
Unread 26 Oct 2009, 17:50   #28
WallBiter
The Holy Fool

WallBiter has a spectacular aura aboutWallBiter has a spectacular aura aboutWallBiter has a spectacular aura about

JBG-

No, they do not care. No, they do not think it is a problem.

Frankly, in a game where the person/galaxy/ally which finds the cheapest way to stack the odds against other players wins, and clear cut cheating is difficult, if not semi-impossible to establish (but for those that are watched for any infraction from pre-ticks), I'm surprised there is actually an issue of who polices the game.

As for Judge, why not consider the opposite? If you see (after his initial "powerless" round, ofc) an increase in the deletion/reprimanding of those considered a "turd eating lith piece of trash", then get an awe-inspiring show of support and get him removed.
Unread 26 Oct 2009, 18:13   #29
lince

lince will become famous soon enoughlince will become famous soon enough

hmmm...
Just an analogy ...
So you're saying ... put a drunk on a brewery. If he gets drunk all the time, blame and sue him? Wouldn't it be wise to put him on a bakery first? Than if he proves to be trusted, put him on the brewery?
Unread 26 Oct 2009, 18:37   #30
WallBiter
The Holy Fool

WallBiter has a spectacular aura aboutWallBiter has a spectacular aura aboutWallBiter has a spectacular aura about

Nah, I'm saying the admins don't care atm, so why should we? (Since we're less powerful individually.)

Also, I'm saying that this (like every other "controversy") will die down and no one will care by next round unless Judge is flagrantly and abusively offensive (and possibly not then either).
Unread 26 Oct 2009, 19:42   #31
Cain
Awesome

[19:30:52] <Cain> Ace?
[19:31:09] <+Ace> yes
[19:31:42] <Cain> as head MH
[19:32:00] <Cain> can you (for the love of jezus) reply on the forums
[19:32:20] <+Ace> like I told a few others too
[19:32:35] <+Ace> no matter what i put there it will be mocked
[19:32:43] <Cain> doesnt matter
[19:32:48] <Cain> saying nothing is worse
[19:33:04] <+Ace> I dont agree
[19:33:21] <+Ace> ppl added as trainee dont mean thay are full MHs
[19:33:33] <Cain> ok
[19:35:08] <+Ace> if trainees dont follow the rules or are found to be good (EDIT !BAD!) for the team they will be removed
[19:35:17] <+Ace> as what happens to all trainees

Meaning Judge can't close people, he can only observe and check his cases with Ace before action is taken. Problem solved people, shows over, don't leave the popcorn behind on your way out!

Last edited by Cain; 26 Oct 2009 at 19:46. Reason: Because Ace makes typos aswell :(
Unread 26 Oct 2009, 20:56   #32
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallBiter View Post
Nah, I'm saying the admins don't care atm, so why should we?
Because we'll potentially be judged by a blatant racist?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 26 Oct 2009, 22:00   #33
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

How will we survive?!
Unread 26 Oct 2009, 23:16   #34
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
[19:30:52] <Cain> Ace?
[19:31:09] <+Ace> yes
[19:31:42] <Cain> as head MH
[19:32:00] <Cain> can you (for the love of jezus) reply on the forums
[19:32:20] <+Ace> like I told a few others too
[19:32:35] <+Ace> no matter what i put there it will be mocked
[19:32:43] <Cain> doesnt matter
[19:32:48] <Cain> saying nothing is worse
[19:33:04] <+Ace> I dont agree
[19:33:21] <+Ace> ppl added as trainee dont mean thay are full MHs
[19:33:33] <Cain> ok
[19:35:08] <+Ace> if trainees dont follow the rules or are found to be good (EDIT !BAD!) for the team they will be removed
[19:35:17] <+Ace> as what happens to all trainees

Meaning Judge can't close people, he can only observe and check his cases with Ace before action is taken. Problem solved people, shows over, don't leave the popcorn behind on your way out!
It really doesnt matter if he cant close people yet. Its easy to be responsible when you have no responsibilitys.

I'd be interested to know how many MH trainees have not progressed to full MH's for reasons other than not being active enough...
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 27 Oct 2009, 09:45   #35
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

A point to JBG ... if we had a dollar for every time someone has ranted or lost their temper and said something dumb, we could have paid the national debt of lithuania !

To take one incident out of context, and remember its original setting was around Cardi, whose repuation preceeds him by many miles, is himself a self confessed racist and possibly the holder of the banned from most places badge, would be extremely wrong. Cardi does test peoples patience.

Judges performance whilst being on the support team was good, and whilst you do have to tow the line while being a support crew member and hold back opinions somewhat, you are not bound by the NDA but by your own intgrity, Judge and Butter if taken on after the trial will have a strict set of guidelines by which they must conduct themselves as official representatives of the game, both their patience and self control will be tested to infinity as no-one thats ever been contacted or closed goes into that channel in a happy frame of mind.

If they pass this test, then they deserve their placement . It is a test after all, not a placement already.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Unread 27 Oct 2009, 10:35   #36
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith View Post
[...] both their patience and self control will be tested to infinity as no-one thats ever been contacted or closed goes into that channel in a happy frame of mind.

If they pass this test, then they deserve their placement . It is a test after all, not a placement already.
Hey wait, I always thought a trial period was to see if someone actually has exactly those abilities? Why are those being tested *after* the trial?
Unread 27 Oct 2009, 10:39   #37
Inforza
Holland is GVD het HARDST

Inforza is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Judge and Butter if taken on after the trial will have a strict set of guidelines by which they must conduct themselves as official representatives of the game, both their patience and self control will be tested to infinity as no-one thats ever been contacted or closed goes into that channel in a happy frame of mind.

This sounds more like an invite for cardi to test them out...

WP SiN eXilition 1up CT SubH Ascendancy Apprime
Unread 27 Oct 2009, 11:51   #38
lince

lince will become famous soon enoughlince will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inforza View Post
This sounds more like an invite for cardi to test them out...
hehe
go go Cardi
Unread 27 Oct 2009, 14:28   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
A point to JBG ... if we had a dollar for every time someone has ranted or lost their temper and said something dumb, we could have paid the national debt of lithuania !

To take one incident out of context, and remember its original setting was around Cardi, whose repuation preceeds him by many miles, is himself a self confessed racist and possibly the holder of the banned from most places badge, would be extremely wrong. Cardi does test peoples patience.
I'm genuinely laughing at this. Do you have any idea what you're saying? It's okay to be racist towards people if they deserve it guys! It's not about cardi, who gives a shit about what he does or says, it's about holding racist opinions.

Quote:
Judges performance whilst being on the support team was good, and whilst you do have to tow the line while being a support crew member and hold back opinions somewhat, you are not bound by the NDA but by your own intgrity, Judge and Butter if taken on after the trial will have a strict set of guidelines by which they must conduct themselves as official representatives of the game, both their patience and self control will be tested to infinity as no-one thats ever been contacted or closed goes into that channel in a happy frame of mind.
I thought judge's performance while being on the support team veered between mediocre and abject but that's neither here nor there. The point is whether the best we can ask for as players of the game is to have people responsible for that sort of hate-filled drivel to not only be punished for what they said (I'm sure this had nothing to do with who he was and if I'd said something along those lines it'd have been fine as well!) but actually get moved into a position with more responsibility. I'm perfectly aware the multihunting team is probably as much of a mutual back-slapping club of total fanboys as ascendancy but at least we weren't in ****ing charge of anything.

Quote:
He failed it before it even started. You think the fact he may be able to hide his racist opinions for a while will make it all okay?
Unread 27 Oct 2009, 14:29   #40
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Byrney View Post
How will we survive?!
Obviously this won't be the end of the world. It is, however, a piss poor idea.
Unread 27 Oct 2009, 19:55   #41
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

How is 'turd eating lith piece of trash' racist?

You could say he might be biased against certain players, or isnt able to keep his cool and be civil, but what does race have to do with it?
Unread 27 Oct 2009, 23:27   #42
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post

You could say he might be biased against certain players, or isnt able to keep his cool and be civil, but what does race have to do with it?
Given that there is a lithuanian ethnic group, given that the definition of racism includes prejudice against any ethnic group due to the irrationality of attempting to operate off outdated definitions of racism and given the nature of an insult, "turd eating black piece of trash" etc, it's obviously racist. The idea that there needs to be the use of the word "stupid ni g g er" or "****ing jew" for something to be racist is part of what makes a large part of the current understanding of what constitutes racism so flawed.

Nonetheless if the best we can hope to say is 'judge isn't racist he's just horribly prejudiced against lithuanians' I'm not really sure we're going down a productive path.
Unread 28 Oct 2009, 01:04   #43
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Im still failing to see how Judge, even if he was racist.. could screw up a 'trial' where he has no responsibility. I'm also wondering why he was selected after saying such things in the previous round... i guess it is just a club for MH. Be support for 1 round or two, then ask to become a MH.

I'm also wondering why the original question still hasnt been answered.. what does it take to become a MH? one round of answering a question a day in #support (note: nothing else, no writing any guides, no real guidence to new players.. just idle in a channel. Yes im completly biased against the support team, as i dont understand what they do.. They answer on average one question per day, yet the stragegy forum is void of any advice or any guides, the PA new player guide is a version written for 10 rounds ago, in short.. they do absolutly nothing).

I also find it curious that MH say "he wont pass the test if he's racist or prejudist", yet the round before he was saying stuff hatfull things? surely he shouldnt of been picked due to his previous record... we all know Judge will make full MH as long as he stays active, regardless of anything hes done in the past or will do.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 28 Oct 2009, 08:52   #44
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Given that there is a lithuanian ethnic group, given that the definition of racism includes prejudice against any ethnic group due to the irrationality of attempting to operate off outdated definitions of racism and given the nature of an insult, "turd eating black piece of trash" etc, it's obviously racist. The idea that there needs to be the use of the word "stupid ni g g er" or "****ing jew" for something to be racist is part of what makes a large part of the current understanding of what constitutes racism so flawed.

Nonetheless if the best we can hope to say is 'judge isn't racist he's just horribly prejudiced against lithuanians' I'm not really sure we're going down a productive path.

Ethnic - pertaining to or characteristic of a people, esp. a group (ethnic group) sharing a common and distinctive culture, religion, language, or the like.

Which makes us all part of an ethnic group - i'm from essex and female - does that make essex girl jokes racist jokes ?

Lithuanians in planetarion do have a bad rep and not just because of cardi's vociferous views.
I'm quite sure that there are some really nice law abiding tow the line ones, we just havent met them yet and it clouds judgement, which is not racism, its being human!
My point is that we are all capable of saying things in the heat of the moment that we regret uttering, it does not make us bad people, it does not necessarily make us racist, it makes us what we are - slightly flawed human beings. Capable of strong emotions which we cannot allways control.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Unread 28 Oct 2009, 10:02   #45
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Ethnic - pertaining to or characteristic of a people, esp. a group (ethnic group) sharing a common and distinctive culture, religion, language, or the like.

Which makes us all part of an ethnic group - i'm from essex and female - does that make essex girl jokes racist jokes ?
Yes, it does. I'm not sure why that should be hard to grasp. It also doesn't stop them being funny. Or you proving a stereotype.

Quote:
My point is that we are all capable of saying things in the heat of the moment that we regret uttering, it does not make us bad people, it does not necessarily make us racist, it makes us what we are - slightly flawed human beings. Capable of strong emotions which we cannot allways control.
Except that people in jobs have to control their emotions, or they wont keep them. He's proved during his time in 'support' that he can't do this - how on earth could that make him a worthy candidate for a job where discrimination might actually affect his work?

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 28 Oct 2009, 13:52   #46
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post

You are Hitler.
Unread 28 Oct 2009, 13:59   #47
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:

Part 1, Article 1.

Quote:
Lithuanians in planetarion do have a bad rep and not just because of cardi's vociferous views.
I'm quite sure that there are some really nice law abiding tow the line ones, we just havent met them yet and it clouds judgement, which is not racism, its being human!
I doubt you know any lithuanians to be honest. You've probably just heard a few things, know of LDK and formed an opinion based on virtually nothing.

Quote:
Obviously I'm not claiming judge is going to start a concentration camp for lithuanians here. The point is that appointing someone who so clearly can't even keep his temper under control and holds those types of opinions is a dreadful idea.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 28 Oct 2009 at 14:05.
Unread 28 Oct 2009, 14:02   #48
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Quote:
My point is that we are all capable of saying things in the heat of the moment that we regret uttering, it does not make us bad people, it does not necessarily make us racist, it makes us what we are - slightly flawed human beings.
If I call you a "f**ing moron" in the heat of the moment, you are quite right, that does not make me racist.

For me to be racist, I would have to call you a "f**king $ETHNICITY / $NATIONALITY moron".
Unread 28 Oct 2009, 18:37   #49
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

There's a misunderstanding here.

Saying that a person is (for example) English is a statement.
Saying that a person is (for example) a bastard is an insult.
Saying that a person is an English bastard is a statement *and* an insult.
Saying that all English people are bastards is a racist statement.
Discriminating against a person because they are English is racism.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
Unread 29 Oct 2009, 00:10   #50
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

so if i call someone a black twat its a statement and an insult and not racism?
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Closed Thread