User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 20 Aug 2015, 14:27   #1
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
The power of Cloak.

I'll start by saying that I'm against Xans(Etd) cloak ability, in its current form as being out of balanced with the rest of the races (Zero ship sized def fakes).

Lets start a scenario.

4 players (2 xan, 2 ter) - lets ignore stats, all equal value.

Terrans targets each Xan, with 1 Real and one Fake (this leaves one def).
Xans can send out 2 Zero Sized fleets to def (this leave 1 for attack).
Xans can use Inc scans to get terran real fleets, or just look at fleet sizes (yeah i know it takes a while to get inc scans but still).
Terrans have no clue where the real Xan def fleets are, the entire round.

Now in reverse
4 players (2 xan, 2 ter) - lets ignore stats, all equal value.

Xan targets each Terran, with 1 Real and one Fake (this leaves one def).
Terran can send out 2 fleets to def (this leave 1 for attack), but the fleet size is found on a JGP, which is harder to keep hidden.
Terran can use Inc scans to get xan real fleets.
Xans have 2 ways to work out which fleet is real, the real fleet sizes work in the very early game.

Now play this scenario with an entire alliance as cloaked...

I propose removing the cloaking ability from all ships that use it, as allowing anything to be able to send fleets with almost no value, undermines the any kind of balance.

NOTE: People can still fake Defence at anytime, as well as Attacks at the start of a round.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2015, 14:31   #2
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of
Re: The power of Cloak.

Sort of defeats the purpose of XAN doesn't it?
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2015, 16:18   #3
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
Sort of defeats the purpose of XAN doesn't it?
These are my perceived designed race specs.

Xan has been High damage, low armor, low init (fires usually after EMP).
Ter has medium damage, High Armor, medium init.
Zik "Steal" has high damage, high armor, fires last.
Cat "EMP" has been high EMP Eff, low armor, fires first.

Cloak just adds a slew of issues that shouldn't happen.

Early PA had military scans, which showed you fleet info, including cloaked ships. Yet the current system removed the Military Scan and made an entire race cloaked.

You could adapt the landing scan to be able to see cloaked ship "quantity" ETA 1 from your planet, this still enables normal fakes.

You could adapt the JGP scan to be able to reveal cloaked ship "quantity" ETA 1 from the target planet (looking out the window), but only if a fleet you own is there at ETA 1 (this also stops scanners from using the scan feature).

To be honest, just remove cloak.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 20 Aug 2015, 18:15   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If cloak was so overpowered, a Xan planet would win every round, and alliances would pick a fleet strategy that at least involves Xan every round. Since this isn't the case, something must be wrong with your argument.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2015, 18:22   #5
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I believe the power of cloaking is meant to be reflected in generally lower inits in the ship stats, I may be wrong.
Unread 20 Aug 2015, 18:26   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

To back up my assertion with data, here's the number of top 100 planets for each race since r20, when Etd was introduced:

Ter 701 (16.7%)
Cat 838 (20.0%)
Xan 981 (23.4%)
Zik 901 (21.5%)
Etd 779 (18.5%)

And here's the top 200:
Ter 1402 (16.7%)
Cat 1697 (20.2%)
Xan 1950 (23.2%)
Zik 1743 (20.8%)
Etd 1508 (18.0%)

So yes, there is some imbalance, but it's a far cry from unfixable.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 5 Sep 2015 at 10:10. Reason: Switched Zik and Etd
Unread 20 Aug 2015, 20:00   #7
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

mz do you have anything on 3 pods for xans vs none 3 pods for xan rounds?

I'd expect 3 pod rounds to be dominated with xans due to the faking ability. I believe m0rph3us stats a couple of rounds ago managed to balance xan by removing a pod whilst other races had 3?
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2015, 22:06   #8
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
To back up my assertion with data, here's the number of top 100 planets for each race since r20, when Etd was introduced:

Ter 701
Cat 838
Xan 981
Etd 779
Zik 901

So yes, there is some imbalance, but it's a far cry from unfixable.
Great stat, but you'd need to factor in the number of players who play each race for those rounds for it to be truly reflective. Not that I'm saying you should waste your time doing that, but yeah
Unread 21 Aug 2015, 00:50   #9
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Why not make landing scan reveal all.
Unread 21 Aug 2015, 09:11   #10
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Quote:
If cloak was so overpowered, a Xan planet would win every round, and alliances would pick a fleet strategy that at least involves Xan every round. Since this isn't the case, something must be wrong with your argument.
There isn't anything wrong with my argument, what if we gave cloak to Cat, Ter or Zik. Would you say its balanced?

I'm not talking stats here, as they should be pretty close vs AC vs DC, against other races.

How on earth is this balanced, 1 Terran can launch 3 fleets, but unless they have lots of Fi/Co for a fake, they cant compete with a 3 Zero Sized fleet Xan, who effectively has 3x the fleet he should.

Its a Schrodinger cat paradox, all Xan fleets are and are not real.

Its a device which subverts game play mechanics. You should be able to get the data required, even if it is hard to get. Cloak makes it impossible.

We had Military Scans in at least R8, thats 2 rounds after the 4 races were introduced. Not sure if they existed post R10 PAX.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 21 Aug 2015, 09:48   #11
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

So if you remove the cloak ability from Xan, then the race will be non-playable. Xan is cloaked for a reason; it is considerably weaker.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2015, 11:07   #12
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Xan is surely a frustrating race, but its all down to stats usualy

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2015, 11:31   #13
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Cloak is part of the issue for sure but as has been mentioned thats just the ability of that race.

I do believe giving xans 3 pods is what over powers them quickly coupled with cloak and I have noticed xans not being the typical "paper ships" that they once were.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2015, 12:33   #14
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

In my stats i always made xan pods very expensive.
Im sure mz got a reason for why this isnt a good solution to counter faking?

Unread 21 Aug 2015, 14:44   #15
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
There isn't anything wrong with my argument
Your argument is irrelevant if there's insufficient data to support your conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
mz do you have anything on 3 pods for xans vs none 3 pods for xan rounds?
If you list me the rounds where Xan had 1 fewer pod than at least 3 of the other races, I'll get the data. I suspect there are only a handful of rounds that fit that description though, in which case it would be weak evidence, whichever the way the pendulum swings.
Unread 21 Aug 2015, 16:15   #16
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Quote:
Your argument is irrelevant if there's insufficient data to support your conclusion.
Data isn't required when the theory is there plain to see, its not that Xan is overpowered, but the cloak is overpowered.

Just because you don't see a Xan at the top every round mean there isn't something fundamentally wrong with it.

Alliances play a huge factor in deciding what races are in play, I wouldn't be surprised if this round sees a Xan on top, even an ETD with a few cloaked ships.

I don't see removing the cloak making the race unplayable, it will just take more skill.

I am in no way afraid of fake fleets, just that I would at least like to know that there are ships flying, and every race has a chance to work that out.

When a round start and scanners have ho research done, you can fake with 1 ship.

Then scanners get a JGP scan and then you can start faking with FI/CO

Once players start getting Incoming scans, people will just revert back to single fleets, with fakes for def.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 21 Aug 2015, 17:12   #17
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Removing cloak is stupid. You can balance one good attribute by worsening other attributes which is how it works now. If a race is good or bad is mostly decided by the stat makers each round and everyone is free to pick whatever race they feel like playing or they think is the best every round. The system is good and the game would only get more boring by removing cloak.

And other races can also fake, it's a bit more work but also more reward as everyone expect xan to fake, other races they often forget to cover vs fake.

Note: If you use JPG to determine if non cloak races are faking you are their prime target.
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2015, 18:58   #18
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

We've had cloaked ships for more than 13 years so perhaps it's not as broken as all that.
(Granted we had Military scans until the middle of 2003 but we've still had the current arrangement for 12 years).
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2015, 19:07   #19
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Data isn't required
Bullshit. Bull. Shit. 100%. Unadulterated. Grade-A. bullshit.

A statement for which evidence is 'not required' is dogma, not fact. Go bend a ****ing fork.
Unread 21 Aug 2015, 21:12   #20
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

It doesn't take bloody rocket science to understand Xan is cloaked because being able to fake the ship numbers you've sent counters the fact that the actual ships fall over like dominos in a hurricane. They might be reasonably popular every round, but so are Cath, who you can also say are "overpowered" when taken out of the context of a full round. Surely being able to fire first and hit more value than you is a massive, game-winning advantage. Isn't it? Is it bollocks.

You're right, let's do away with the data, your assertion that the top 100 every round is 95 Xans and a handful of balls-to-the-wall Caths is proof enough!
Unread 22 Aug 2015, 12:24   #21
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

While I don't agree with the premise to remove cloaking, it does seem to me that the cost efficiency of either/both A/C & D/C of Xan ships seems to be increasing round by round making it a more effective part of an alliance strategy.

I remember when both Xan AC's/DC's were in the 300's and sometimes sub 300, but it seems to me that statmakers now either rightly or wrongly are making Xan more powerful (I'm not sure whether this is down to bias/general preference or just to simply make the stats appear more balanced without taking into account sufficiently the effect of a cloak advantage)
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2015, 11:52   #22
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
...but so are Cath, who you can also say are "overpowered" when taken out of the context of a full round. Surely being able to fire first and hit more value than you is a massive, game-winning advantage. Isn't it? Is it bollocks.
Cath has the positive of being able to stop ships very well, but countered to this is inability to kill ships.

Every option should have a counter.

Attacking fakes are countered by the "incoming scan".

The Incoming scan is countered by Distorters.

Distorters are countered by Amps.

Amps are countered by reduced CU for Distorters.

Cloak was countered by Military scans, but they were removed sometime in the last 40 rounds (no mention of when they were removed in the "Changes To Pa").

Xan cloak is not countered apart from a minute reduced efficiency, and guess work.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 30 Aug 2015, 15:12   #23
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

cloak is countered by amps/inc scans
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2015, 15:15   #24
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
cloak is countered by amps/inc scans
It actualy isnt.

Unread 30 Aug 2015, 16:41   #25
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

yes it is. get inc scans and decent amps and cloaked is pretty much removed
Unread 30 Aug 2015, 16:42   #26
Forest

for attack of course
Unread 30 Aug 2015, 18:37   #27
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Quote:
Attacking fakes are countered by the "incoming scan".
Yeah its the zero fleet sized defence that has no counter.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 30 Aug 2015, 18:41   #28
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
for attack of course
What if they send two pods types and have for example similar fi/fr fleets?
Unread 30 Aug 2015, 19:27   #29
Forest

Quote:
Yeah its the zero fleet sized defence that has no counter.
the same could be said of any defence, eg, any bs/cr fleet can be faked by co/fi

should we remove all races?
Unread 30 Aug 2015, 19:27   #30
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
What if they send two pods types and have for example similar fi/fr fleets?
then they will have a fking shit fi fleet that anyone should be able to self-cover, with most stats
Unread 30 Aug 2015, 22:25   #31
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Anything is better than massive emp overpower, GOGOG XAN!

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2015, 23:02   #32
baggy
king of carrot flowers

baggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Bullshit. Bull. Shit. 100%. Unadulterated. Grade-A. bullshit.

A statement for which evidence is 'not required' is dogma, not fact. Go bend a ****ing fork.
"If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine." Jim Barksdale
Unread 31 Aug 2015, 05:33   #33
Krypton
KK

Quote:
then they will have a fking shit fi fleet that anyone should be able to self-cover, with most stats
And what if stat makers continue to make Xans ac/dc ridiculous?
Unread 31 Aug 2015, 07:43   #34
Forest

thats an issue with stat makers, not the races
Unread 31 Aug 2015, 08:20   #35
Krypton
KK

Basically what i think + apocco for approving them. Thanks Forest
Unread 31 Aug 2015, 17:52   #36
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

hahaha most retarded thread i've ever read....

but in all seriousness this could all be fixed by removing the attack button and allowing people to just sim planet their way to the win without being bothered by having to build constructions that scan stuff and such and having a high enough iq to do a calc.

probably wouldn't matter how shit stats are either

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2015, 19:53   #37
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
Basically what i think + apocco for approving them. Thanks Forest
i didnt say i think the stats are right/wrong though ;p
Unread 31 Aug 2015, 21:25   #38
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Sorry, but I have to say. What the actual ****? Are you for real?

I felt this was quite fitting:

<NoXiouS> this mrlobster really is an idiot <NoXiouS> can someone get BB back to forums and throw this lobster out <NoXiouS> I'll rather read BBs nonsense than this fools

Last edited by Clouds; 31 Aug 2015 at 22:18.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2015, 22:17   #39
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggy View Post
"If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine." Jim Barksdale
I as going to quote this too (because I ripped it from your LinkedIn)

Lobster, I have to agree with the majority on this one. There is no evidence to back up Xans superiority. It finishes consistently every round, the same as every other race. I echo your frustrations on the fake defence but it's no different from a Terran faking Wyverns with harpy, or roaches with spiders etc.

Let's just play all Xan next round and own etc. etc.
Unread 5 Sep 2015, 10:01   #40
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Just to be clear: the fact that Xans has 26% more top 100 finishes than Etd and 40% more than Ter does tell me there's a problem, and we should look to fix that in the stats for future rounds. However, we aren't talking 100% or 200% here. In my view, a relatively small imbalance like that does not warrant huge sweeping changes like removing cloak altogether.

I suspect we'll be able to significantly reduce the imbalance by twiddling with the effs. Reducing Xan D/C by 5% and A/C by 10% sounds like a good start to me. Maybe buff Ter and Etd by a similar amount.

P.S. Updated my earlier post with top 200 numbers. Roughly the same ratios.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 5 Sep 2015 at 10:11.