User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 12 Jul 2014, 20:25   #901
theory

theory is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: R57 gossip thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
Your point being? Ultores would be the main threat for any alliance this round looking to get #1. You have by far one of the most active cores. It'd be like us creating a joint Ult-Spore tag for next round and saying we're the best alliance ever! "Best alliance" is rarely for just one round an is very subjective.

You had support this round at various stages and don't try and spin it that Ultores has wanted to fight everyone without any support whatsoever. I had Ult ask me for Spore to hit BlackFlag and/or Faceless. I'd say one of the reasons you aren't in league with many is because hardly anyone wants too help you more than it's Ultores choice.

As for p3nguins, not my fault others wanted to hit them. They were ranked higher than Spore and had more value and members. I'll also point out what relevance that has? I've not claimed that Spore has fought anyone one on one THIS round.
You can define "Best Alliance" any way you want, place any restrictions on it that you want in order to give that title to any alliance you want. Currently while you admit that Ult has the most active core and is arguably playing better than the others this round, they're not the best alliance because for the last several they haven't been. I on the other hand choose to name HEROES the best alliance because they've killed more structures and gotten more good nights of sleep than any other.

If we look back through history, no alliance today can be considered "Best", you remember the days of Fury and Legion as well as I do.

Now, with that said, everything that's being discussed right now is horse hockey. People can whine and moan about blocks hitting allies, who's been in what block in the past, why that block was formed. All hot air, all nothing that matters.

Reality, Ult's been knocked back to a 2M lead, and 30k roids less than anyone else in contention. There's 20M between the top 4, and 30M between the top 6.

What do you do now? Do you keep hitting Ult together? Sure, it means less incs for everyone else, also means less roids and few XP gains. Do you man up and cast off NAPs for the last week? You'll get more incs, you'll lose roids, but have the chance for an interesting round end.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 20:26   #902
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Connovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the rough

Have ultores attacked anyone by themselves this round?
Connovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 20:29   #903
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

I am interested in that question too [edit: theory's question]. It clearly wont be tonight as Ult wont be behind until sometime tomorrow, or they may delay it another day with some good xp lands, but once they are?

While I dont want it to happen like this I would be slightly surprised if faceless, CT and BF go at each other. Having seen how quickly Ult can recover they are unlikely to want to give you the opportunity to get back into first by taking the pressure off.

Edit2: in answer to Connovar what about attacking p3n? Sure they had heroes onside and we moaned about that but they were also getting some incs from CT so it was pretty even. And so the fight proved to be as well for all of about three days...

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 20:58   #904
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connovar View Post
Have ultores attacked anyone by themselves this round?
Have Black Flag?

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 21:21   #905
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

I think its silly to be comparing past rounds alliances to this current rounds, just due to how many people/command swap around through time, how many NAPS do and don't get put in place, ship stats, race strategy, etc. We all get incoming, sometimes a lot, some times a little. EOR stats will show just who had the most incoming this round. Who knows, maybe we'll be surprised. or not.

On a similar topic, however the rankings end up this round, Its not likely to show the true rankings as many see them, as we all seem to agree to disagree on who has had the best round. Rankings rarely ever line up to the alliance who played the best all around, just who managed to play the best the last week or so. If I were to rank the alliances for how they've played I'd have to say

1) Ult
2) Pengu
3) Faceless
4) CT
5) NewDawn

And I am sure many will disagree on that. Thats fine, its just my opinion, and I can allow for it to be wrong and ill considered But having spent weeks now, or in some cases the entire round, with members of 4 of those alliances, and looking at what was going on politically, etc, thats how I would rank them. Obviously the Uni rankings will not reflect this, so *shrug* But all of it is subjective, and most of us will never agree on any of it.

For a round that was supposed to be inactive for me, however, I've dealt with way more politics shit this round then 99% of the previous rounds played, and now understand, more then ever, that the Uni ranks really are just an indicator of who ended with the most score, not who was better

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 21:37   #906
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Connovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
Have Black Flag?
Yep
Connovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 21:41   #907
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

So is it:

BF tried to do some things, were successful and are being hammered for it.
Ult tried to do the same things, failed and are being hailed as the best and only losing roids cause being bashed.

Sum it up ok?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 21:44   #908
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connovar View Post
Yep
Cant really class hitting ND for a day as hitting someone alone tbh.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 21:51   #909
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
So is it:

BF tried to do some things, were successful and are being hammered for it.
Ult tried to do the same things, failed and are being hailed as the best and only losing roids cause being bashed.

Sum it up ok?
What 'things' are you referring to? From what I've witnessed so far, Black Flag made sure they always joined a winning block. If it wasn't the block vs ultores it was a block against p3nguins. If they were hit they went straight to that alliance and asked them for a nap to avoid incoming. This is a war game Forest, id expect someone like yourself who were part of the old wars of us, VtS vs fury etc to know better.

This doesn't make them good at politics, anyone can bow under pressure and nap the universe. Ultores were hit by a block early on in the round, and bounced back. That's why people are praising them. The fact now its taken BF, Faceless, Conspiracy and spore to stop them says it all.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 22:03   #910
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Indeed it is a war game.

Maybe if ult had hit its main competitors whilst they could, they would have a greater lead now. And less to fight against.

You don't need to accuse me of not wanting war, I spent just about every moment in spore arguing to attack someone or other

I really comment on this round too much, I am speculating. But maybe ult are feeling the backlash of their 'join with us or we will attack you' mentality they have shown the past few rounds?

Maybe HC of other alliances are all sat in a room together and the topic is a list of each alliance and how many times ult have asked each alliance for a nap, or asked them to hit someone else (ult traditionally go around asking each alliance in turn for support).

Maybe, just maybe, the universe has learnt from the dominant ult of the past (you know the ones who were unstoppable). Of course, I have different memories. I remember ult being beaten down, and winning, not because of ult's politics or skill but simply because other alliances, once twatting ult down, then went for the win themselves, giving ult the opportunity to come back in the last few days, landing for free whilst those who had beat them warred amongst themselves.

People keep saying here that ult are the best because they have 4 alliances needing to hit them. They keep saying it is different because spore had a 50 mill lead last round so it was ok.
They seem to miss the fact that spore made that 50m lead by being good, it wasnt handed to them on a plate. Truth is, Ult were not good enough to get that 50m lead. PA is more about politics than military, it always has been. Get the politics and command right, and the active members will follow.
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 22:04   #911
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz View Post
What 'things' are you referring to? From what I've witnessed so far, Black Flag made sure they always joined a winning block. If it wasn't the block vs ultores it was a block against p3nguins. If they were hit they went straight to that alliance and asked them for a nap to avoid incoming. This is a war game Forest, id expect someone like yourself who were part of the old wars of us, VtS vs fury etc to know better.

This doesn't make them good at politics, anyone can bow under pressure and nap the universe. Ultores were hit by a block early on in the round, and bounced back. That's why people are praising them. The fact now its taken BF, Faceless, Conspiracy and spore to stop them says it all.
Thank you. It's been quite lulz to watch these allies, coming from a p3ng peon (Ty eksero pal!)

Also a side note. Bf napped all after three days of inc from three allies dropping a 10m score lead with significant value advantages too. Ult have been at the top being hit by 4 allies for 5+ days now. It's really pathetic
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 22:07   #912
Forest

additionally, last round spore built up their lead by hitting their main competitors (mainly ult).

What did ult do in return? I will tell you. They grounded, whilst begging everyone to join them. Then when ppl wouldnt join them, they threatened them. And they didnt hit us spore until 3-5 alliances came with them.

I am pissed off, not with how any alliance has acted, but how ult are being held up as the best in the game, when infact they are busy threatening other alliances and refusing to hit their main enemies (atm they are currently hitting Spore, and not BF, which says it all really).

I still expect Ult to win, because the other alliances will probably go for the win, but maybe at some point, ult would be better looking at what they could do better, instead of blaming all and sundry for their apparent demise.
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 22:11   #913
Forest

also, what is the difference between ult now 'playing dead' and practically giving up defending, and when TF and Fang did it and collapsed hard?

how come one are called the emo alliance and the other is lauded as the best?
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 22:21   #914
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
also, what is the difference between ult now 'playing dead' and practically giving up defending, and when TF and Fang did it and collapsed hard?

There is always a point where attacking will clearly gain you more than defending; this has surely been obvious for ult for a while now.
The difference between it being an emo choice or a strategic one is surely whether it actually works!
And perhaps whether the tag genuinely collapses as ppl leave the alliance which can also happen!
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 22:22   #915
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Forest you cant make out that Ult have not hit their main competitors, they fought faceless for ages after the first block against them ended when faceless were number one.

Yes Ult are now hitting spore, but this is a rational strategy; Ult believe that spore does not defend as well so they will have more chance of landing. Ult accepts that their only chance of hanging on to the lead (barring a falling out among the block) is to get big xp gains, the best way to do this is to hit the top planets. Spore have four of the T10, including the top two planets (at the time of typing, I accept that it was not the case when they first started hitting spore) so of course spore is the obvious target for this strategy.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 22:28   #916
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
also, what is the difference between ult now 'playing dead' and practically giving up defending,
uhm let's see, perhaps the fact that:

1. 1.1 billion value hitting ults 270 mill

2. This round stats requires atleast 85% value coverage for def to go green

3. ult are investing a considerable amount of value for retals/fc's to keep the score decline to a minimum.

I can see that in your world, a combination of the 3 above would mean giving up, which Is why you came to your spot on conclusion.
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 22:36   #917
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

I think that this monster block has committed one of the cardinal sins of pa and blocking in general, roiding your enemy down too quickly.

We still hav 6 days to go and Ultores are looking quite roid dry now, especially for those XP lands that Faceless or CT would need to go past BF.

So do we have a final week predicament? Over the rounds i have spoken to Santacruz a fair few times and i find it hard to beleive that he would settle for 3rd or 4th when 1st is a possibility. Same goes for Clouds and MM in BF, neither are guys who would settle for 2nd (Clouds always kept on going in Vikings till the end in my experience after others had given up and MM has dragged back ND from the brink on multiple occasions.

Any pressure released on Ultores would allow them back into the race as well but i think FL have most momentum and would go past both all 3 ahead of them if they play it right, interesting thing is can any of the other HC's say they are happy for BF to win?

Regardless of who blocked who and how they blocked them has BF done enough this round ingame to be deserving winners? The type that you just let have it cos they have done great? Personally i dont think so but i guess that decision is up to the like of CT and FL command in these closing 6 days.

In this round i have rooted for Ultores and that is my personal preference (regardless of wether they would want me in their tag or not) i think they have over the course of the round deserved the win more than BF (i go by the alliance points system when looking for worthy alliances and frankly BF are too far behind the rest in that to say they have fought for the win)

Im looking forward to the last 6 days anyway, who will break first and go FTW!!!
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 22:39   #918
DeeJay

DeeJay is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
(atm they are currently hitting Spore, and not BF, which says it all really)
It was actually Spore that broke ingame NAP and attacked Ultores first. Is there a problem if Ultores is hitting Spore?

If all spore wanted(as Zhil said) was to protect their top planets they shouldnt have joined the block vs ultores and just stay neutral as they've been all round. Ultores would've been busy enough with ct/bf/face and would NEVER had any reasons to hit Spore this round.
DeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 22:45   #919
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
I was there and I saw the incs we had every night, how can I be incorrect?
We did have high amounts for 7 full days, the same amount that Ult and FAnG used to have in its prime.
The nature of the stats ofc had a lot to do with it, forting and going for slow value meant we could go a long time untouched cus it was not worth hitting Spore.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 22:57   #920
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
We did have high amounts for 7 full days, the same amount that Ult and FAnG used to have in its prime.
The nature of the stats ofc had a lot to do with it, forting and going for slow value meant we could go a long time untouched cus it was not worth hitting Spore.
Sure we had incs, but it wasn't massive amounts, not what i'm used to anyway.
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 23:02   #921
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
It was actually Spore that broke ingame NAP and attacked Ultores first. Is there a problem if Ultores is hitting Spore?

If all spore wanted(as Zhil said) was to protect their top planets they shouldnt have joined the block vs ultores and just stay neutral as they've been all round. Ultores would've been busy enough with ct/bf/face and would NEVER had any reasons to hit Spore this round.
You know that isn't true DeeJay. Spore could NOT have remained neutral despite how much you want to pretend it could have. (Mainly because you aren't sitting in my position with all the facts to hand) Plus you know full well the breakdown in Ultores-Spore relations and the underlying factor of trust began with Ultores itself.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 23:06   #922
Firebird

Zhil you went on rumours and broke a NAP in the hope of winning gal and planet no other reason. So please don't try to imply anything else.

That is your sole reason for hopping into bed with the block.
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 23:12   #923
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
butcher you claimed 300 incoming when eksero counted 160, maybe you should learn to count before comparing numbers
Wouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 23:16   #924
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
… (Mainly because you aren't sitting in my position with all the facts to hand) …
'The facts are as I say they are because I say they are'
Now I don't claim to have a clue as to the 'facts' but to me assertion does not make an argument, I apologise for singling you out on this since everyone does it but you did give me a good quote.
The only real fact in alliance relations is that there are precious few facts, and a great many perceptions. You do not have the facts, you have the facts as your side perceives them and they (as usual) perceive differently.
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 23:21   #925
DeeJay

Quote:
You know that isn't true DeeJay. Spore could NOT have remained neutral despite how much you want to pretend it could have. (Mainly because you aren't sitting in my position with all the facts to hand) Plus you know full well the breakdown in Ultores-Spore relations and the underlying factor of trust began with Ultores itself.
You're the least one I want to argue with but looking back now there were better options to protect your top planets!

If it was as you say and you could NOT remain neutral I can only see 2 options:

1. Dont hit Ultores and MAYBE Ultores would hit your top planets.(you mentioned thats why you broke nap because you were afraid Ultores would break nap and hit your top planets)

2. Hit Ultores and Ultores would 100% hit your top planets.

Now being given with these 2 choices which one is better to protect your top planets?

Or if the situation wasnt like this how was it? Why did Spore joined the block against Ultores if you had no intentions for ally win and Ultores didnt make any offensive moves against Spore.
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 23:33   #926
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Zhil you went on rumours and broke a NAP in the hope of winning gal and planet no other reason. So please don't try to imply anything else.

Not entirely correct. I took a gamble on the facts at hand.

Yes, having a #1 planet and #1 galaxy containing Spore would have been quite nice and were goals for Spore. I stated as such. The block was a chance for these as 4:7 was going to win otherwise.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 23:40   #927
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
You're the least one I want to argue with but looking back now there were better options to protect your top planets!

If it was as you say and you could NOT remain neutral I can only see 2 options:

1. Dont hit Ultores and MAYBE Ultores would hit your top planets.(you mentioned thats why you broke nap because you were afraid Ultores would break nap and hit your top planets)

2. Hit Ultores and Ultores would 100% hit your top planets.

Now being given with these 2 choices which one is better to protect your top planets?

Or if the situation wasnt like this how was it? Why did Spore joined the block against Ultores if you had no intentions for ally win and Ultores didnt make any offensive moves against Spore.
This is very simplistic to the options that Spore had and isn't really delving further into the perceptions of all the other alliances in the game and other factors that did influence my decision. You make it sound like the decision was isolated on a pure Spore vs Ultores basis, when it was not.

I stand by my decision for Spore to hit Ultores, it was the most logical course of action to gamble with. Yes, I may have miscalculated on the percentage chance of the outcome but that's fine. You win some, you lose some. I stand by my decisions either way and really Spore had nothing to prove.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 23:59   #928
DeeJay

Quote:
This is very simplistic to the options that Spore had and isn't really delving further into the perceptions of all the other alliances in the game and other factors that did influence my decision. You make it sound like the decision was isolated on a pure Spore vs Ultores basis, when it was not.

I stand by my decision for Spore to hit Ultores, it was the most logical course of action to gamble with. Yes, I may have miscalculated on the percentage chance of the outcome but that's fine. You win some, you lose some. I stand by my decisions either way and really Spore had nothing to prove.
You still didnt answer my question. You didnt present any relevant reason for why Spore couldnt stay neutral for the remaining 10 days. You're just saying i dont know all the facts and Ultores cant be trusted but you didnt present any facts to back up your claims except: "I stand by my decision... it was the most logical course of action"
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 00:00   #929
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
You make it sound like the decision was isolated on a pure Spore vs Ultores basis, when it was not.
How can it not be? i thought Ult were the arrogant alliance running around making threats, you mean to say other do that too??????? wtf?

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 00:02   #930
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
How can it not be? i thought Ult were the arrogant alliance running around making threats, you mean to say other do that too??????? wtf?
Plz. The whole game isn't about Ultores only.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 00:21   #931
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
butcher you claimed 300 incoming when eksero counted 160, maybe you should learn to count before comparing numbers
You can find the quote, im not even sure i said 300.
what i am sure of is that Eksero sleep during the night, and wakes up an accidently "miss launch" def while i ocasionaly might DC.
So im not sure trusting his word would be the best bet.

Unread 13 Jul 2014, 00:27   #932
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
Ult having had both Kaiba and Clouds in their ranks actualy would give most people a reason to keep hitting them.
Ultores is the hardest alliance ive fought in PaN, but its about time they realise that wont win them every round.
Learn a new trick, if stats aint suitable for your style of play, do a Spore and NAP the univers instead of going around harassing everyone that beats you down.
Ultores is so far at this, a thing of the past.

Unread 13 Jul 2014, 08:04   #933
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post

That was one of the excuses he used for hitting us also (p3nguins) apparently, he had evidence of us asking for help to hit spore. So they blocked against us with ND and Black Flag (obviously I know its old news but I just wanted to point out this seems to be a similar thing for Spore HC to base politics on 'rumours')

p3nguin Founder
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 08:26   #934
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I think that this monster block has committed one of the cardinal sins of pa and blocking in general, roiding your enemy down too quickly.

We still hav 6 days to go and Ultores are looking quite roid dry now, especially for those XP lands that Faceless or CT would need to go past BF.

So do we have a final week predicament? Over the rounds i have spoken to Santacruz a fair few times and i find it hard to beleive that he would settle for 3rd or 4th when 1st is a possibility. Same goes for Clouds and MM in BF, neither are guys who would settle for 2nd (Clouds always kept on going in Vikings till the end in my experience after others had given up and MM has dragged back ND from the brink on multiple occasions.

Any pressure released on Ultores would allow them back into the race as well but i think FL have most momentum and would go past both all 3 ahead of them if they play it right, interesting thing is can any of the other HC's say they are happy for BF to win?
With the way the round has panned out they will probably decide to hit us instead.. I mean we are ranked 6th on over 60k roids we must be a threat to them surely... /sarcasm

p3nguin Founder

Last edited by Assassin; 15 Jul 2014 at 07:24.
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 08:53   #935
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

No-one is claiming that Ultores are the best, it's just the Ult/P2ng whine squad crying.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 09:06   #936
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
That was one of the excuses he used for hitting us also (p3nguins) apparently, he had evidence of us asking for help to hit spore. So they blocked against us with ND and Black Flag (obviously I know its old news but I just wanted to point out this seems to be a similar thing for Spore HC to base politics on 'rumours')
I already stated previously that perceived hostility from p3nguins was one of the reasons for Spore to have hit p3nguins.

Additionally, I also stated I never asked ND to hit p3nguins.

I don't base the entire political strategy of Spore on 'rumours'.

Regards,

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 09:17   #937
Forest

TBH Zhil I am a just a tad annoyed with you.

I mean we as a HC team, sat up for hours after hours, round after round. Discussing what to do. Looking at logs from our enemies/opponents. Discussing all manner of what-if situations. Having our enemies p-scanned to work out their saved resources and the real ranks. Calcing gains/scores based on what-if situations. Working out what to do for the best for all our members. Hours and hours of my life I won't ever get back.

And now I find out here from Assassin that you have just ignored all that and just done what you want based on rumour.

You bastard!
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 09:18   #938
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
I already stated previously that perceived hostility from p3nguins was one of the reasons for Spore to have hit p3nguins.

Additionally, I also stated I never asked ND to hit p3nguins.

I don't base the entire political strategy of Spore on 'rumours'.

Regards,
You also forgot to mention before p3nguins did become hostile toward Spore, Spore was supposedly 'gal raiding' but it always happened to be a p3nguins gal for 4 nights in a row. So we retaliated (alone I might add) This then promoted you (with info such as we were 'apparently' asking for others to join us on hitting you which was false) for you to retaliate. From what I hear, something your own members didn't agree with.

Newdawn were told not to defend against spore and visa versa which was even mentioned on this same thread. So, if you didn't ask them to help, you certainly asked them not to defend.

As I said before hand, you pmed me and told me you had evidence of us asking for help to hit you. Nor did we hit you with anyone else, nor did we approach anyone to hit you. So yes, you did base it on 'rumour'

Kind Regards

p3nguin Founder
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 09:21   #939
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
TBH Zhil I am a just a tad annoyed with you.

I mean we as a HC team, sat up for hours after hours, round after round. Discussing what to do. Looking at logs from our enemies/opponents. Discussing all manner of what-if situations. Having our enemies p-scanned to work out their saved resources and the real ranks. Calcing gains/scores based on what-if situations. Working out what to do for the best for all our members. Hours and hours of my life I won't ever get back.

And now I find out here from Assassin that you have just ignored all that and just done what you want based on rumour.

You bastard!
Are you playing this round and doing these things at the moment? Think the answer is no on both accounts. You speak of Spore attacking alone on irc yesterday, seems they couldn't attack us alone this round without aid.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 09:37   #940
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
No-one is claiming that Ultores are the best, it's just the Ult/P2ng whine squad crying.
Prove you can take mass incoming without emoing, also without Napping your way out of it and attack an alliance alone without support of 2 or more alliances, and I might be praising your alliance instead. Until then ill continue to keep 'crying'

p3nguin Founder
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 09:49   #941
Forest

Quote:
Prove you can take mass incoming without emoing, also without Napping your way out of it and attack an alliance alone without support of 2 or more alliances, and I might be praising your alliance instead. Until then ill continue to keep 'crying'
ult emo'd here plenty.
and they TRIED to nap their way out, they just failed.

its what ult do, whine and whine until ppl feel sorry for them, give them some breathing space and then they can win
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 09:51   #942
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
ult emo'd here plenty.

its what ult do, whine and whine until ppl feel sorry for them, give them some breathing space and then they can win
When was that?
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 09:57   #943
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
ult emo'd here plenty.

And you witnessed this because? Oh I forgot your basing your info on previous rounds or what spore tell you. As of course everything they say is the truth isn't it................ Moving on.

Once the original block stopped ganging up on Ultores, they took on Faceless one on one and won. Faceless lost roids and couldn't handle the fight alone. This then prompted eventually, as Faceless had nothing left, for Ultores to hit Black Flag who were at the time top. We were already hitting Black Flag alone due to they were hitting us on mass with Spore and Newdawn. I might add we were amusingly landing on them, even with not the best attacking coverage due to the incoming on us. Once Faceless and Ultores joined in Black Flag lost a massive amount of roids and Ultores obviously reclaimed 1st. Black Flag then went to Faceless after just 3 nights to come to another 'agreement' which led to then CT, Faceless, Spore and Black Flag hitting ultores once again.

I didn't see them emo after the first block hit them at the beginning of the round. They got on with it and once the block disbanded they hit Faceless alone and proved if they are taken on one on one they can win. We also took on Ultores alone at first, which then eventually had CT and Faceless join in (ie CT on our side faceless on Ultores side) but I honestly do think it would of been tough on us to have continued to try and take them on one on one (not going to deny the truth) but we tried.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 10:28   #944
Forest

Quote:
And you witnessed this because? Oh I forgot your basing your info on previous rounds or what spore tell you. As of course everything they say is the truth isn't it................ Moving on.
I base it after speaking to HC in 4 different alliances in the top 6, including two Ult HC.
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 11:01   #945
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I don't particularly care what you or others think on AD to be honest. I'm just amused at how much you and your fellow whine squad comrades are crying.
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 11:03   #946
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

I think what we all have to put into context is the difference between attack and defence in this game.

It is very easy and not at all time consuming to launch an attack on someone. It is far harder (and can cost you real money through sms/call) to get defence, defending has to be atleast 100 times more time intensive than attacking so tbh why wouldnt an alliance whine when 400+ fleets (which took all of about 10 mins to set to launch) attack them and the alliance requires a) a miracle to cover them and b) atleast 4-5 solid hours of stress and smsing and calling and waking up people at hours they are asleep, to still lose 5 weeks of hard work because their agressor decided to bring along 3 friends to a fight.

So they come on here and they whinge a little, its kind of understandable when under that kind of mental and physical pressure for a sustained period and then the other side tries to justify their actions and make out that it didnt happen or that 'bullshit, bullshit, bullshit' was said in a pm that they 'cant be bothered to find' and that this 'evidence' is completely the reason that its all happening and then wonder why other people jump to the victims defence but then some guys jump on the other side and we have flame wars and its bloody sad.

I say this now:

If you have a irc log or ingame mail or bloody love letter or whatever then show it ffs. Stop all this 'i cant be bothered to find it' or i spoke to 'some ult hc'. Name them, shame them, then hopefully this bullshit factory will stop producing all the crap that has made this game a bitter twisted world full of cripples and retards.

I thought Forest was one of the worst at this but i have now seen it from MM, Connovar, eksero, agar3s, Assassin, Zhil. You are all as bad as each other and you at the top are making this game horrible for those you govern. So get open, show your facts, prove that what you are saying is true.

I am yet to see one of these 'threats' from Ultores shown here on the forums, so please produce the evidence so we can all see what they are like. I still havent seen logs about wether ND was in the orginal block or not all we got was a topic header that could just have not been updated.

LET THE TRUTH SET YOU FREE and then maybe we can all enjoy this game again.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 11:04   #947
booji
a bucket

Quote:
ult emo'd here plenty.

If true I fail to see how this changes the situation at all. That ult tried and failed to find a political way out says something about ult (that others dont like them or that their methods of approaching other alliances sux) but it also says something about the other alliances (that they are much happier sticking together as a group and prefer to see other alliances ganged up on). What it does not do however is say anything about Ult as a fighting power, nor does it show that Ult was somehow emoing. Sure there has been an ongoing emofest here but that has been by all sides not just ult.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 11:07   #948
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
I don't particularly care what you or others think on AD to be honest. I'm just amused at how much you and your fellow whine squad comrades are crying.
Pot kettle black. We have reasons to feel aggrieved. You have none. Bf is an acronym for Bad Fail
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 11:10   #949
Krypton
KK

You should also probably stop commenting if you don't care. But then logic never has been BF's strong point
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 11:12   #950
Clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
You should also probably stop commenting if you don't care. But then logic never has been BF's strong point
I said I don't care what the opinion of the AD trolls are, I didn't say I don't care about Black Flag.

I just think your whining on AD is a tad pathetic.

"Black Flag are fail" "wee wee wee" Yes, we are probably fail, what's your point?