User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 22 Feb 2005, 19:42   #201
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
Re: The Cleansing

Clyde looked in horror around at the mutilated bodies lying all about him, and staggered backwards a few steps as the realisation of what had happened dawned on him. He was suddenly aware of the shape of his sword hilt in his hand, and looking down at it saw notches up and down the blade. The knight's hand opened, and the sword fell to the floor, point down in the soft earth. He sagged to his knees. His face felt warm and sticky somehow, and his scar was burning fiercely. But, in a strange way, the searing pain felt good, felt right. Clyde shook his head fiercely. No! This was all in his mind! He had to fight it! The dark interior of the Baron's iron pot helmet was stifflingly hot - he needed air. Wrenching the mantle from his head, Clyde threw it aside and lifted his hands to his face. The cold of his steel-clad fingers contrasted terribly to the warmth of before - to the point of pain. Clyde's fingers found his scar. At once, blinding agony coursed through his skull and, pitching to the right, he threw up violently on the ground before him and nearly blacked out again. Finding himself staring at the serene blue sky with white clouds following the gentle currents of air in the high heavens above, Clyde began to feel more calm, and the feeling of nautia began to fade. But, almost at once, horror at what he had done surged to the fore, and Clyde lifted a steel-clad hand in front of his face - dried blood stained the armoured gauntlet. He dropped his arm to his side again before rising unsteadily to his feet. The corpses were everywhere, blank eyes cold and accusing. Sword. He had to get his sword. Clyde walked over to where the weapon was sunk into the ground and wrenched it from the soil, weakly flourishing the blade in an attempt to clean it before pushing it home to its sheath. This done, he walked almost drunkenly to his helmet before lifting it from the ground and tucking it under his arm. Clyde looked around again. Bodies, bodies and blood. Bright sunlight reflected off something on the ground - water. he walked over to it, and found a shallow pool of murkey liquid left over from recent rainfall. Falling again to his knees, he splashed a handful of water onto his face, followed quickly by another, trying to clear his head. A thought occured to him. Setting his helmet on the grass next to him, Clyde waited for the water in the pool to settle before looking into it - finding his reflection in order to examine his face and the scar.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 19:50   #202
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
smiling gently as he had seen the others move out, Jacob headed over to the armoury, and searched for survivalgear he would no doubt be needing. ropes, a small tent, a pot, flint'n'mail (I think that's the english word...), supplies of dried food, a good small handbow, a quiver of arrows, a knife, and a quatterstaff. putting what he could into a bag, he went searching for a horse, or some other means of transportation, then headed off, towards the wall of Nidland, making sure not to follow the others. If he was going to infiltrate nidland, and spie, he stood more chance on his own, for now anyway

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 22:46   #203
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Dunin Hemm is on a distinguished road

Not much happening, it seems. Well; not much that Älhjögg can do anything about. With his armour on he is in no condition to make chase nor can he chuck as spear far enough to strike a dot in the distance. With that in mind, he continues to walk - each step bringing him closer to Nidland.
Dunin Hemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 23:10   #204
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Nibimacarion

-You killed WHO in Nidland? Is Musha ok?

He follows you to the door.

-And you have WHAT in the stable?

Clyde

The scar is shining red, it seems to have widened and you can sense something within it, something craving to get out, you an feel it touching your soul. It seems to have a mission, something that has to be done. Your face is covered in blood, most of it seems to be your own, leakage from the scar. The blood has already started to clog.

When you lift your gaze you spot something odd in the sky, a winged horse passes overhead, half your soul wants to follow it, kill it! You think you saw a rider on it aswell. Another lifeform that has to die.

The other half of your soul holds back, is it really rational to kill unknown horses?

The dark side of your soul says it is!

Jacob And you are off.

You take the road just south of the others, heading fast eastwards, before dark you can clearly see the mountains, tough they are to far off to reach in the next few of hours.

You see a inn in the distance, and just a moment later you feel someone is watching you....
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 23:19   #205
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Looking of into the far distance at the moving object in the sky, squinting a little stopping some galre from the sun. It seemed rather large for a bird but impossible to make out from here, ignoring it from then on as the wagon and a large duck begin to come more clear. Rasing an eyebrow at the notion of a giant duck, he was aware that such a race existed though untill now had not come seen none.

Shifting his blade back into its previous position shrugs to himself and looks around a little in bordom, puffing up his face a little to let out a huff of air. Considering the idea of chasing after the man from before for a mere second before relaeasing it would be fool hardy and only tire him out sooner.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 00:55   #206
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

"I killed 2 gorrilas, the type of men that would grind you into dust with their bare hands. Not very quick though, I got 4 arrows off before they even got closed and neither of them every hit me."

Nibimacarion walked over to the stables, his friend following closely.

"I think Musha will be alright, he pinned me down and got caught on the wrong side of my blade but I don't think I hit anything to important. He did leave me with a head-ache as well."

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 01:59   #207
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Volthar, Vea, Älhjögg
As the time goes by the´dot quickly grows into a horse, a horse with wings! What a magnificent creature. It has a rider on it's back, but he is to far up, you can't even see more than that he is humanoid. The horse passes you and a moment later you pass the outskirts of a forest.

This is the place of the ambush, the ambush of the winged horse.

You suddenly hear the horse screaming in agony, as you look up it seems to crash, into the center of the forest. Tough it seemed to be able to slow it's decent, it still seemed like it went down hard.

What is your action?

Nibimacarion

-Damn Musha, I was sure we could trust him. I hope his ache is worse than yours.

Now what is it you wanted to show me?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 02:16   #208
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Damn final exams. I'm lost, where am I (Last final is tommarrow)
Bakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 08:52   #209
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ärketrollmannen

Gark -I am Gorion, pleased to meet you. Now if you don't mind.

He turns yet again and looks over his shoulder.

-Maybe we could get going? Do you need to pack anything onto the horse?
Gark reguards this Gorion. He is not sure that these Hellhounds are all that hunt him and he has even denied that they are chasing him.

"No, I hold all I carry is on my person, makes for less to loose." Gark says this and pauses for a second, This is a risk. I know not of this man and his plans, I might have to loose him when we reach the city. "Let us be on our way then, as they say, 'Like the hounds of hell are chasing us.' "
Gark let Gorion clamber onto the transport first and sat where he indicated. Gorion took one final glance behind him before moving the horse forward. As they started Gark looked back as well and saw a dark smudge shimering in the heat waves of the desert. He couldn't tell how far away it was even when squinting against the sun. A mirage? Let it not be those dreaded Hell hounds.
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 11:17   #210
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

"I would like that very much."

He smiled while talking, to try and make the man feel more at ease. The questioning just moments before, seeing someone wake up from death in a coffin... Couldn't have been an easy thing. And besides, he didn't seem in league with his arch enemy. Maybe he could help him later on, who knew.

For now, he just followed him as the man lead the way outside.
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 15:53   #211
flapjack
crashed computer

Nibimacarion walked into the stables and over to where the pegasus was, patting it on the side of the neck softly

"This is what I wanted to show you, a beauty ain't she?"

Unread 23 Feb 2005, 17:57   #212
No Dachi

I'm assuming that the Pegasus the others saw was the same one I saw. Did I see it crash into the forest? It'd speed things along a bit unless you've got something else in mind.

Unread 23 Feb 2005, 18:00   #213
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts

proceeding towards the Inn, Jacob does his best not to look around, but keeps ready to jump off the horse and draw his blade

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 19:41   #214
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

No Dachi Yes you did, and yes you did

You also see the others, a few soldiers of different make. If you post before them, then you react before they do.

Jacob You reach the inn, a old, but homey place.

It has stables outside, as well as a well. (ooc- that might just be the worst sentence I have ever written)

Upon entering you see that it is packed with travellers, they all oogle you for a second and then return to their conversations.

It is a large room, with six or seven round tables spread out evenely. All are occupied, two maids are running around trying to satisfy every patron and over the fireplace you see a huge roast, honeyglaced. The smell is incredible.

The barman waves you over to a empty seat by the counter.

-What can I get ya laddie?

Nibimacarion

-Oh.

He steps up to touch the animal but it looks at him in a threatening manner. He quickly retracts his hand.

-They don't like humans do they?

-So what is your plan, are you going to sell it?

Fluffie The man quickly leaps to his feet. Leading you out through the tunnel.

The light is blinding.

It is not daylight however.

The man stops up for a second.

-Are you all right mylord?

Slowly you begin to see, as your eyes adjust to the dusk in here, it is not light as strong as daylight but light is flowing in from six entrances, all attached to tunnles heading upwards.

-This is the room were the beasts come for water.

half the room is a pond, you can see a few fishes jumping, creating rings on the water.

-They can survive down here for ages. We call them grand-goblins, they call themselves Tirakis

You remember the word, it meant something.

A moment later you see one of them. And he sees you. He is carrying two giant buckets over his shoulder, aparently coming down for water. He freezes.

It is a Tirak, something you remember.

In your tounge it means slave.

He is armed with a dagger by his side, and he seems very muscular. He is shorter than you, with a curved back and long monkeylike arms. His lower jaw seems bigger than his upper one. He is clad in a simple form of trousers, and sandals. His skin is piglike, tough darker, and vocered with hair in the same way that a pig is.

He looks like he is about to roar something.

Bakan You are with Dunim Hemm (Älhjögg), Darkling (Volthar), Dragonsjem (Vea) and Madcat, (Sajjuk) and mrmaos old char who i have taken control over.

Gark ooc- I am sorry, but you are not in the desert, you are actually in a landscape similar to England, tough a bit drier, right next to you there is a lush forest.

You start your journey, haven given the horse a moment of rest.

The phace is high, travelling eastward.

Gorion murmurs a question, you can barely hear it.

-So duck, have you ever been to Nidland?
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 20:19   #215
No Dachi

Huzzah!

Clyde looked at the angry red swelling around his scar apprehensively. When looking at the wound, he got the damndest impression something was trying to well up from inside of him, to escape through the never-healed break in his skin. The knight suddenly got the impression of being watched, and hastily jammed his pot helmet nack onto his head before casting his gaze skyward. A Pegasus - one of nature's most beautiful sights - curving majestically across the sky, gliding amongst the peaceful clouds. Looking up at the heavens, Clyde momentarily forgot his problems again. But, something was wrong. He found himself breathing heavily - as though preparing for a fight - and felt his right hand tightened around the hilt of his broadsword. With a cry of surprise, he let go of it and rose quickly to his feet. He had to fight this evil inside of him! He was Sir Clyde of Nordkust, Knight of the Order of the Sacred Dawn, and he was stronger than any mere foul spirit that sought to possess him and steal his mind from its rightful master. He forced the urge to track and kill the Pegasus to the back of his mind, forced himself to calm. A flash of movement up above caught his eye - and Clyde saw the winged beast falling, toward a forest, the verge of which he could see on the near horizon. And, on that wooded verge, people. Soldiers - he caught the glint of mail armour. Clyde instantly cast his eyes about, looking for his lance. He found it embedded in the chest of one of the dead that he had apparently slaughtered in his most recent episode. While standing over the pallid body, Clyde found a part of him - him? No, something else, not him, surely - relishing in the sight of blood. Clyde had been hunting on occasion back on his estates at Nordkust - with his father and uncles when he had still been young. He remembered basking in the glory of his first kill while standing over its remains - it had been a deer - and the feeling he got looking at the corpse was similar. Clyde forced it to the back of his mind - he had first remembered that hunter's first glory several years ago, and had found himself disgusted by it. Sickened at the barbaric feelings welling up from within him, Clyde wrenched the heavy lance from the body and mounted up, his warhorse unphased by its master's apparent madness, and produced his kite shield from a strap on the horse's side - he had apparently remembered to do that before the killing. The knight sent one more look about the haunted place before kicking his horse into a canter and heading toward the soldiers.

Unread 23 Feb 2005, 20:30   #216
flapjack
crashed computer

"Most of them don't like humans, there are exceptions though. And no, I won't sell her because she isn't mine, pegasi aren't property."

Nibimacarion stepped over to his partner, hoping to show the pegasus that this man wasn't an enemy

"They let you ride them, if you ask them nicely and know how to behave on 1. Make a wrong move and you've got a very good chance of getting tossed off. Trust me, I've been thrown off a few dozen times myself back when I first learned to ride these magnificent creatures."

Unread 23 Feb 2005, 21:21   #217
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

pintaguinnessplease... 'n a room f'r t'night

Unread 24 Feb 2005, 00:02   #218
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Älhjögg turns and looks after the horse as it passes them, never having actually seen a pegas before. He jrks back in surprise when he hears the whinny and the crash, standing still and confused for a moment before he makes a decision. He runs off into the forest, spear in one hand and shield on the other arm. Crashing through the undergrowth, he flips the spear into a throwing grip and readies himself.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 08:19   #219
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Gark ooc- I am sorry, but you are not in the desert, you are actually in a landscape similar to England, tough a bit drier, right next to you there is a lush forest.

You start your journey, haven given the horse a moment of rest.

The phace is high, travelling eastward.

Gorion murmurs a question, you can barely hear it.

-So duck, have you ever been to Nidland?
ooc-hmm i probly should read less dune! the harsh desert is playing on my mind./ooc

"No, I haven't my mother ventured that far a few times but she was never there long. Besides all the cities are the same are they not?" Gark replied. "What do you mean to do on our arrival?"
Gark hoped that he had pitched his voice loud enough to be carried out above the clattering of this... transport. Gark was tired but even if he could sleep with the vibrations passing through his body he still wasn't sure he trusted this man enough. Can you ever trust anyone?
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 09:39   #220
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

One of the slaves of times long past. Maybe the slave wouldn't remember him. Maybe it would and if so, it could be either angry and mad for having been treated as slaves, or maybe it'd be happy to see his master again.

The creature, the tirak, was however about to roar. And it was armed. This again could go really bad... He clutched his hands into fists behind his back and tensed his muscles a bit, in case he was attacked all of a sudden.

He didn't start attacking himself though..

"Good day.. Tirak."

//

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal'rek
ooc-hmm i probly should read less dune! the harsh desert is playing on my mind./ooc
nothing wrong with dune though
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 13:41   #221
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Clyde You quickly lessen the distance to the forest and all the people there.

I'm gonna give Darkling, Dragonsjem Madcat and Bakan a quick chance to reply before you reach them.

Darkling, Dragonsjem Madcat and Bakan In addition to the falling pegasus you see a knight, mounted on a huge warhorse coming charging against you. He is still pretty far away, but will havee reached you in a minute or two.

Jacob 'Course sir.

You can see that he is terribly overworked.

As he is pouring you the beer he looks at you.

-So were are you heading wanderer?

Älhjögg The first thing you see is a goblin, he seems to have got something in his eye, probably an arrow from a longbow, he is dead.

Another one is lying just next to him, he has a crossbow in his hand but will never use it again, someone has put an arrow through his forehead.

They both seem to have been shot from the same direction.

When you trace the trajectory you see four more goblins, running in the probable direction of the bowman. They are all armed with axes and scimitars.

Fluffie

The grand-goblin stops moving.

Then he opens his mouth.

-Who...who are you?

Gark ooc- Probably not

-I am to return to my master, who sent me on my mission, we are preparing for war you know.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 13:59   #222
flapjack
crashed computer

perhaps DM me? Please?

Unread 24 Feb 2005, 15:28   #223
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

aye... ah'm not sjure yet .. ah hope ta kno when ah gets there really..

*drinks his guinness-like beverage, and pays, then continues staring about at the people in the Inn*

Unread 24 Feb 2005, 15:53   #224
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Älhjögg wastes no time and hurls his spear at the closest goblin, hopefully killing it and attracting the attention of its friends. He draws his tulwar and charges them, shield up and at the ready.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 16:07   #225
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Looking of into distance as their selected leader made a run for the forest without a word, shaking his head oddly turning around to catch sight of a large horse headng their way.
"It would apper that our leader has left without saying anyhting, must mean we dont have any orders and can loiter around maybe. Though there is a horse heading this way a rather large horse, maybe getting of the road might be a good idea"

Wondering if any of the others were even listening they had been almost completly silent since Volthar came across them. One of them it seemed either decided to not come along or make this damned quest solo. Finding himself grunting quitly as he stepped of the side of the road, since all this had started it had gone wrong.
"Come to think of it if we are trying to keep low profile wont such a mixed group of inderviduals attract attention"
Looking over the group as it was certainly gave him that impression at least, being used to either travling in a large comapny of soliders or a group of scouts, to only him and Vea. This seemed all rather odd when he thought about it, lifting up his hands in self defeat taking a seat on the ground.
"Ill just wait then untill our leader decides to return, or I find somthing else to do"
Sounding more sarcastic than serious, so far this whole adventure was turning into a farce, laying back Volthar begins staring up to the sky.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 17:45   #226
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

"You do not know?"

(short reply, but hey, talking is short )
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 18:48   #227
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hewitt Granek sighs

-Sadly, I do not know. They come twice each year to take the prisoners, the people we have sentenced to death, and they collect taxes. If anything bad goes on, they are always here to help. They are living up in the mountains tough, I guess you will smell the dragons if you go up there, just head for them.

He seems to sympathise with you.

-The dragons do not seem opressed, they do seem like they want to be ridden.
*Hewitt simply looks up at the mountains in the direction of the smell of his misguided brethren, his expression distant. Being forced to give rides to a manling was unacceptable, wanting to give rides to a manling... that just went against all of Hewitt's sensibilities.*

"I have no way of knowing if want you say is true, indeed I am having a hard time believing it. Yet I sense truth in your words and something in mind says that, although I fail to understand how this can be, that it is in fact so."

*Hewitt turns back to look the manling in the eye.*

"Very well... if these 'masters' will not come to me, I shall go to them. You have been most helpful... Granek... now I will take my leave of you. When I return, you can tell me more of this... city."

*And with that, Hewitt turned on his haunches, raised his wings to the air and gave forth a mighty leap into the sky.*

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 08:02   #228
Kal'rek

Quote:
Gark

-I am to return to my master, who sent me on my mission, we are preparing for war you know.
"Who is 'we' might I have heard of them? Maybe I have heard of your master?"
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 18:25   #229
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Flapjack Oh dear, I am very sorry. I actually thought I did . Here we go. I also realised we haven't actually named your partner, from now on he is Janis.

You colleague Janis looks at the horse in a new way, with love and compassion. Pagasi tends to have that effect on people.

-I wouldn't like it if he threw me off you know, if we were a hundred yards up in the air. To you it is a temporary setback, to me it would be pretty final.

Jacob

-Most people are heading westward you know, the war is almost over and they are afraid that they might find themselves in yet another one.

The barman seems sad, and obviously tired. Business is booming.

Around you there are all kinds of people, not just the normal mechants and lower noblemans. There are entire families, and they seem to be carrying everything they own on their shoulders.

Älhjögg The spear catches the closest goblin in the back, tipping him over, the three others all keep on running but more attack you from the right side, a crossbowbolt misses you by an inch, you can feel the draft from it.

Two goblins close in on you, one wileding a battleaxe and one with a short broadbladed spear.

The spearcarrier throws himself at you, with a wild battlecry!

Volthar As you sit there, a crossbow bolt zooms out of the forest missing your head by a foot.

The knight reaches you.

Clyde Youreach the forest.

One of the warriors is sitting there waiting, seemingly awaiting you.

Fluffie ooc- This conversation will take a while

-No. The grand-goblin doesn't relax.

Slowly more memories comes through the mist that is your mind.

The Tirak was a slavepeople, bred by your people, shortlived, thickminded, stout and strong, usually obeyed orders without asking and had lots and lots of babies (or cubs, as you called them).

Hewitt Granek nods a goodbye and steps back to give you more room. You can hear his words as you rise.

-Do not challenge them, they might kill you, even you.

As you gain altitude you enter the world of smells and looks, sounds are left on the ground and the air just next to it. You quickly catches the scent of a dragon to the north, and several to the south. You continue to fly for a few minutes, heading towards the mountains, but then you have to make a decision, north or south?

Gark

-My master Vicotnik the Archmage, grandemperor of Nidland.

Gorion seems to straighten his back when he mentions the name, just like he was trying to look a bit more proper.

Your horse seems untirable and you are closing in on the mountains.

-Now duckling, you might have a tough time here, some people in Nidland doesn't like ducks, or any other halfbeasts, ever since the fall of the world, but who can blame them.

He smiles over at you.

-But I know, I know that you personally didn't have anything to do with that.

Your brain is trying to understand what the heck he is talking about. What fall?
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 18:32   #230
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

(no problem )

"Then why don't you relax?"
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 18:55   #231
Darkling

Notices the crossbow bolt fly past, continues to lie there regardless nodding his head as best he could.
"And now im being shot at, what a grand day this is turning out to be"
Rolling over to his sid, reaching back with his hand to release his sword from its restraint, puling of his pack whsilt he was at it. Laying them by his side to lie down agaisnt the ground fully now, taking a look over his weapon and his clothing.
"Come to think of it I better change at some point as well, before someone thinks I have a heavy purse to match my outfit, last time I wear the good stuff out for a while"
Mumbling to himself more than anyone in particualr, a habit he had picked up a while back when traveling.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 20:17   #232
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

The warrior turns his head and sees the oncomming danger hardly a second before the spear would impale him. He catches it with his shield and rolls with the savage blow, slashing the goblin across its back as it passes him. With a cut off shriek the creature falls to the ground, its spine severed. Älhjögg reverses direction and slams the next goblin with his shield, the blow sending the attacker off balance. A slash from below lays its chest open and with a gurgle this one too falls down onto the ground.

Now what happened to the crossbow shooter? Älhjögg charges in the direction the missile came from.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 20:30   #233
flapjack
crashed computer

"Yes, humans where never made to fly, so they're probably best left on the ground, now I should go back to bed, I'll have to leave early tomorrow so I can scout the area we're supposed to meet in."

Nibimacarion turned to Janis, looking straight into his eyes

"There is a war coming and unless you know of a place to hide untill it's over, I suggest you travel up north, move as far away from this place as possible."

Unread 26 Feb 2005, 03:22   #234
Kal'rek

Quote:

Gark

-My master Vicotnik the Archmage, grandemperor of Nidland.

Gorion seems to straighten his back when he mentions the name, just like he was trying to look a bit more proper.

Your horse seems untirable and you are closing in on the mountains.

-Now duckling, you might have a tough time here, some people in Nidland doesn't like ducks, or any other halfbeasts, ever since the fall of the world, but who can blame them.

He smiles over at you.

-But I know, I know that you personally didn't have anything to do with that.

Your brain is trying to understand what the heck he is talking about. What fall?

Vicotnik, Vicotnik... Why do I recognise that name?
Gark thought to him self, I have never met a mage, not to my memory anyhow. Gark was woried about this archmage, he had never really liked the thought of people beind able to do harm without steel in their fist or arrows in their quiver.
And what is he talking about, The fall?
"I understand that there may be people out there who wont take a quick liking to me, so I shall be on my toes so to speak and I will try to show people the respect they deserve... perhaps I will be a little less brash than I was with you? What is this fall you are talking about, have I missed somethin?" Gark asked.
Unread 26 Feb 2005, 04:21   #235
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

ooc- Ouch, I am missing a lot. But, you people will have to be somewhat patient with me because, just over five hours ago I succeded in both nearly chopping off a sizeable portion of my index finger, and in the same motion did succede in giving myself a near 1/4" cut on my middle finger. As you can probably guess this sevearly hampers my keyboarding ability, and will continue to do so for at least a week. So, sorry in advance for any major lapses, and the probable shortness of my posts. (Yes this also applies to you and your thread ND) -ooc

Except to point out the smoke bomber on the road ahead, Sajuuk had stayed in his customary and preferred silence. He had taken only a few cursory glances at the flying horse, but after taking a quiet and probably unnoticed leave of his comanions, dissapeared into a tree just off the road. Having seen the knight shortly before the high elf, and hearing the familiar commotion of a fight, Sajuuk is left unsure of what to do. Between the distant familiarity of race, and a poor opinion of his abilities in an all out fight he descides to stick it out in his current position.
Unread 26 Feb 2005, 11:26   #236
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Madcat(Sajjuk) Oh dear. What happened?

Anyways, don't feel any pressure, just continue in your own phace.

Volthar So what kind of outfit do you change into?

Älhjögg The crossbowman is frantically trying to reload, you can see him, he has a saucepan for a helmet and his armor seems to be a simple fur. Further ahead you can hear more battle, steel against steel.

The goblin you hit with the spear seems to be alive, trying to get up, maybe the spear didn't hit perfectly.

Fluffie The Tirak seems stunned by your unexpected reply.

-Wh...what?

He relaxes for a second but seems to remember that you are a intruder here.

-What are you doing here? Were did you come from?

The obvious answer to his question, that you came from the toomb doesn't really seem to be a valid one to him.

Nibimacarion Janis starts saying something and then hesitates.

-Bye friend, a war is no place for a oneeyed old smuggler. Maybe we will meet again?

Gark

-You do not know? Oh how evil the world is, how are we supposed to learn from history if we don't even know it!

He shakes his head.

-Thousands of years ago, before there were wars and death, Kuzher, the great God, walked the earth together with his people, the humans. There were lesser Gods however, you might call them deamons, or even worship them. They envied Kuzher, and the love everybody felt for him and decided to create worlds and species of their own, so they created the elves, and the dwarves.

Now, because these lesser beings were inferior to humans they became envious and started wars. Humans had never know how to fight, they hadn't been needing it, so they were slaughtered. Almost everyone died, until Kuzher sent us Vicotnik. Vicotnik saved us all, battling with the elves, finally he defeated them and erected mountains to shield us from their evils. But it wans't enough. The elves and dwarves, ever envious, decided that they needed allies and they brought hordes of demons to this world. Ducks, halflings, goblins, pegasi and the likes.

Now a new war started and this time not even the power of Vicotnik could hold them back so he and Kuzher joined forces and they struck the earth with the most powerfull magic, obliterating most evil, but also reshaping the world, humans got scattered all over it and it lead to the kingdoms we have now, kingdoms were many men have forgotten about Kuzher.
Unread 26 Feb 2005, 11:42   #237
Darkling

ooc - he has not changed into anyhting yet, it was simple a comment. Volthar would still be wearing the outfit he wore to the celebration right now, hence why its in better condition and finer looking than his normal travel outfit.
Unread 26 Feb 2005, 13:18   #238
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Älhjögg has no time to worry about a wounded goblin, as he rushes to reach the crossbow-man before he can reload. Within range, he swings his tulwar but the goblin parries it with the steel bow of his weapon. Älhjögg comes again, but now the goblin retreats behind a pair of trees, trying to escape. He makes a run for it, but with a leap and a slash Älhjögg opens up its back, downing it.

Turning around, he sees the speared goblin make it to its feet, obviously not a stranger to pain. Älhjögg charges it.
Unread 26 Feb 2005, 13:43   #239
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Volthar ok . Your char does seem a tad...insane

Älhjögg The goblin is reaching for the spear as if moving in slowmotion. As he sees you his eyes are filled with panic.
Unread 26 Feb 2005, 13:54   #240
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Älhjögg pulls back his sword arm and then throws the heavy scimitar like a mamluck would, sending the blade spinning through the air towards the goblin. He is close when attacking, else the poor accuracy would have made the attack miss completely. As it is, the tulwar slices into the hip of the goblin who shrieks in further pain. Älhjögg is instantly upon it and strikes its throat with the edge of his shield. With an odd throaty noise, the goblin topples over and slowly life escapes its eyes.
Unread 26 Feb 2005, 15:59   #241
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

"I am..."

Telling he was here to kill Vicotnik.. Well, who knows how the tirak would've responded.

"I'm just passing through, I guess."
Unread 26 Feb 2005, 16:12   #242
Darkling

ooc- not so much as insane as out for his own means more than anyhting, with a habit of talking to himself. Considering he did leave his home to make name for himself and broaden his experience of the world. Depsite all this though he still has a strong intrest in protecting and finacing himself first before other people, hence why he makes living doing what he can. Also because his background was a mostly from well off family of perfomers he can get a little uptight about some issues, and preffers being independant and not being ordered around.
Unread 26 Feb 2005, 17:33   #243
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

taking a final sip of his Guinness, Jacob heads for his room, turning in for the night (sleeping with one eye open tough, as some funky saying somewhere goes)

Unread 28 Feb 2005, 01:17   #244
Kal'rek

Quote:
Gark

-You do not know? Oh how evil the world is, how are we supposed to learn from history if we don't even know it!

He shakes his head.

-Thousands of years ago, before there were wars and death, Kuzher, the great God, walked the earth together with his people, the humans. There were lesser Gods however, you might call them deamons, or even worship them. They envied Kuzher, and the love everybody felt for him and decided to create worlds and species of their own, so they created the elves, and the dwarves.

Now, because these lesser beings were inferior to humans they became envious and started wars. Humans had never know how to fight, they hadn't been needing it, so they were slaughtered. Almost everyone died, until Kuzher sent us Vicotnik. Vicotnik saved us all, battling with the elves, finally he defeated them and erected mountains to shield us from their evils. But it wans't enough. The elves and dwarves, ever envious, decided that they needed allies and they brought hordes of demons to this world. Ducks, halflings, goblins, pegasi and the likes.

Now a new war started and this time not even the power of Vicotnik could hold them back so he and Kuzher joined forces and they struck the earth with the most powerfull magic, obliterating most evil, but also reshaping the world, humans got scattered all over it and it lead to the kingdoms we have now, kingdoms were many men have forgotten about Kuzher.
Gark was surprised that he did not know all this, though it did sound like propaganda. Lies spread by this Vicotnik so his followers would grow in numbers and would give him devotion like no other. It was too early for Gark to choose a side, he would have to find out more.
Whilst Gorion was talking Gark noticed the pride in his voice, the story was no doubt told by a bias party.
Maybe I'm being too critical?"It sounds like a nice story," Gorion shot Gark an evil look as he said this,"I'm sorry, it's just hard to think of my race as a people used for someone elses evil bidding. I'm not sure I've ever seen an Elf, I do remember some drunken Dwarves passed through my home land though, they did start a lot of mischief." Gark paused for a while looking out at the horizon. "It must annoy you that I haven't jumped to your cause. But this is the first I have really heard of wars and and evil. I don't aprove of the way the elves and the Dwarves attacked your race, If you found out your race had commited atrocities would you be eager to go against your own kind?"
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 16:36   #245
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Gark

-Oh but I am.

The mountains are close now.

-This war will crush the blasphemous kingdoms, Krun, Cereval and Hynsolge will fall before the new year. We are not going to even start thinking about the elves till after that has happened.

Maybe you misunderstand, there is no taint in race, there is a taint in the souls of the pagans. They do not accept Kuzher, and for that they have to die.

You have now reached the mountains.

Gorion dismounts and reaches up to help you.

Jacob Was that a wolf?

Now you can take the room in. It is a small room, with a even smaller window. No curtains. Outside you can hear something, it sounds like dogs fighting over some leftovers, and then you hear the cry:

-Help help oh please!

And the sound of running feet.

Volthar Wow. You get posrep for that.

Just hold on a second Dachi should have posted by now.

Fluffie ooc- Passing through?

The Tirak slowly puts his buckets down.

-Yeah?

Your nervous friend looks like he is trying to cirkle the room, moving through the shadows, he has a dagger in his hand. He seems focused on the Tirak....

Älhjögg And the battle is over, at least for you.

Looking around there is only blood and gore, but you still hear the sound of battle. A short way into the forest there is the most beatiful creature you have ever seen, he is duelling with two goblins, jabbing with a short, slightly curved blade.

They seem to beginning to tire him down.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 16:39   #246
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

passing through.. you know, going from awakening from the death and then.. dealing death to mages etc. doesn't everyone do that?

//

"Yes. I'm on my way to the surface, I need new clothes and I would like a meal."

The Tirak still seemed as.. 'dumb' as in those days long gone. Maybe they, or at least this one, could serve him again. Waiting for the Tirak's answer, Fluffie squints his eyes and looks at the other man, readying himself to intervene if the man tries to attack the tirak...
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 17:08   #247
No Dachi

I'm waiting for one of them to actually, you know, react. I'm aware that I've reached the group.

Unread 28 Feb 2005, 20:03   #248
flapjack
crashed computer

"I hope we will, but I fear this will be problematic. Let us agree on 1 thing, when this war is over, we will both return here."

With that, Nibimacarion walked back over to his house, waiting at the door untill his friend had left for his own home again.

Unread 28 Feb 2005, 20:28   #249
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

To a creature more mainstream of mind, the sight of the fighting man might have been stunning and admirable. To Älhjögg its just another fae creature. He picks up his spear, runs a few feet and throws it at the closest goblin, before he picks up his tulwar. Charging into the battle, he cuts wildly to the left and right, caution to the wind. Don't these thing ever know when to retreat?
Unread 1 Mar 2005, 00:32   #250
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Vea sighs, bored of the mindless walking. It didn't take her long to get bored . She had wandered off to run randomly through the weeds and woods and whatever different environments she could find. Having for the moment climbed into a tree she had been watching the whole seen unfold,enjoying the chaos. Giggling at Volthar as he sits down in the time of danger. It was just so like him.
That moment passing she reaches to pull out her harp. She had an audience..willing or unwilling so she might as well have some fun. Beginning to play a few notes she lifted her voice in song. The voice becoming louder, strong enough for all to hear. It was one of her few innate magical abilities and was always good for surprsing someone. Sitting apon her branch, one leg dangling down as she continues to sing and play blissfully.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote