User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 2 Jul 2012, 19:08   #151
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all
Re: Beta r47

specs not being cloaked its the stupidest thing i have seen in shipstats for some time. corsairs firing after pods turned out to be awful as well.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2012, 19:23   #152
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

I like the specs thing, means xans actually have to plan ahead. Ya know, use some form of cleverness and have enough pods to fake them.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2012, 19:33   #153
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

why not just make all races a big mix of all the different ship types?

oh yeah, cos everyone moans about how ETD should never have been brought in. keep the races what they are supposed to be or scrap them all together.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2012, 19:47   #154
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

corsairs are terrible yeah, who would build them :\
Unread 2 Jul 2012, 19:48   #155
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Corsairs are awesome for faking, swapping init for eff.

I built them! (until i crashed my Fi on ND (OH THE IRONY))
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2012, 19:59   #156
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

And strangely enough, Mikee podded someone that had built corsair. Was one of the funniest breps I've seen this round.

Not saying that corsair are OMGWTFBBQ awesome or anything - but they do have their spots.
Unread 3 Jul 2012, 19:15   #157
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii View Post
And strangely enough, Mikee podded someone that had built corsair. Was one of the funniest breps I've seen this round.

Not saying that corsair are OMGWTFBBQ awesome or anything - but they do have their spots.

What happened with that attack?? Did mikee gain roids as his pods int before the corsair???
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2012, 19:20   #158
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
What happened with that attack?? Did mikee gain roids as his pods int before the corsair???
Yeah, pods stole then were lost. Fleet was back home the next tick ready to go out again!
Unread 3 Jul 2012, 22:06   #159
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

So corsair was shit then
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2012, 22:22   #160
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

Depends on how you look at it, but I never said they weren't junk.

For people trying to pod noobs, it could be useful because they can launch more fleets if they cap then get stolen for instance. Same for exp whores that could cap roids then lose a good bit of their fleet keeping their value low. It all depends on your strategy!

They also 0 loss steal Xan frig, but since that fleet in itself wasn't all that great and not widely used, it diminished the usefulness of Corsair as well.

Last edited by Zaejii; 3 Jul 2012 at 22:33.
Zaejii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2012, 00:14   #161
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii View Post
Yeah, pods stole then were lost. Fleet was back home the next tick ready to go out again!
That is awesome.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2012, 14:41   #162
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Changes I'd make, if we were ever using these again:

Change Wyvern init 10->8
Add Spirit t2 Fi, remove Ghost t2
Remove t3 from Pirate.
Reduce Buccaneer's damage, stealing Cat Co for free is strong enough as is, valuestealing them is just dumb.
Change Guardian to Cr/Fr OR change init 3->2
Increase Etd Bs cost/effs (by ~50%) to equalize Ter/Etd Bs

And then only Ter should need a small buff, like Gryphon t2 or efficiency tweaks.

Oh, and change Vshraak costs 440/440/470 -> 440/470/440 (hi Zaejii)
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2012, 18:35   #163
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
if we were ever using these again
Funny.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2012, 15:32   #164
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
Oh, and change Vshraak costs 440/440/470 -> 440/470/440 (hi Zaejii)
Yeah, I caught that in the first week. Was a miss from when Vsh was changed from Steal to EMP. Not sure how the values ended up not being +20% on the high one (should have been 440/528/440).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Funny.
Which is why I was trying to solicit useful feedback on things people especially liked about the stats and things they hated. We all know that the odds of reuse are very slim (non-existent), but maybe some aspects could be included in a newly created set (by me or someone else).

Last edited by Zaejii; 5 Jul 2012 at 19:05.
Zaejii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2012, 06:25   #165
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
I built them for 2 reasons;

1) Fake attack, capping a few xan/ter pods is easy but you need corsair to fill the fake fleet:
http://game.planetarion.com/show_new...x4us0hhpjdpsem
http://game.planetarion.com/show_new...yxu5o4itzrjf6i

The corsair will cap widow + thief at a very nice value gain if these fakes work, they worked twice for me which is good enough. I should add that these fakes kept being good until the very end, tho as soon as you get enough ter fi you can leave out corsairs.

2) Prevent getting hit by Fr real or fake. Buccaneer was an awful anti Fr ship, granted Fr attack fleets were very weak, and xan cant fake with Fr. But zik can fake with Fr, and a thief based fleet can roid ziks that rely on buc for free or cheap, I never launched on any zik with over 20k corsair:
http://game.planetarion.com/show_new...tygxlzjhly0n3m
http://game.planetarion.com/show_new...dac8ed22g5zp6z

That last brep would have been more impressive if B-Butch3r didnt crash his cath Cr on this guy the wave before.... The roaches are B-Butch3rs and they ruin my cap. This is what he landed 1 tick previously http://game.planetarion.com/show_new...ksd6vbx51wub6l

So I think they served a purpose, although not straightforward, and of course it shouldnt be your only anti Fr
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote