User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 08:36   #11
Idler

Idler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the rough
Re: XP is broken. fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
What i have noticed in this last page is that what the issue actually is has become massively diluted by the likes of Idler and Atilla.

The idea that you just log in and chuck 3 fakes to attack someone big is probably a little true in this round but is not how xpwhoring works. Its how PLAYING XAN IN GENERAL WORKS.

Apart from the last 2 rounds Xan has been pretty woeful for quite a while and not very useful for gathering XP. Its just the fact that cloak + big xp has coincided for 2 rounds and everyone has thrown a fit.

Notoriously tho Xan is a very weak race and it means you struggle to land fakes on larger planets because they would kill/hug swathes of your paper thin fleet if it was actually there or if you even had one.

In the past 10-12 rounds i have witnessed that infact ETD and Cat and to a lesser extent Terran have actually been the better races to XPwhore with. Disguising some beetles and pods with 1 hornet has proved far more profitable over the rounds and far more sustainable for the planet in question than these flash in the pan Xan planets.

Yet no one has run here crying about XP being broken then. No one ran here 3 rounds ago when MCs were introduced. No XPwhores ran here when MCs were actually nerfed for this round. So if the formulae for XP hasnt changed since it was introduced (as far as im aware) and it wasnt a problem for all of those rounds how is it magically broken? Surely other things that are impacting on XP are broken instead and they are what need fixing??????

Many simple ideas have been put forward to to solve all the XP issues but maybe this one will finally turn the tide. Take Score out of the XP equation. Base it on value only... if you wanna be a big brave boy and get some monster XP they you are gonna have to be a hero to do it (plus this stops the XPwhores landing on each other... no fleet=no value=no XP)
The idea that you can look at the universe and still suggest that XP is fine is just amazing to me. I havent made a single post that dillutes anything, all Ive done is highlight very obvious things that anyone could have figured out for themselves